July 24, 2014 | 1538 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lestagirl

This is a miracle in a jar! I use it for SOOoooOOoo many things.

Pre shampoo you can slick your hair with it, wait a little while, then shampoo out. You can also use it as an amazing moisturizer on your face. You can even cook with it, and it helps you lose weight. No, seriously. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I don't know what id do without my coconut oil! I use this for so many things. I love it as a body moisturizer. I have a beauty mark on my shoulder that had started to change shape and wasn't flat anymore (this was about a week before I started to use coconut oil on my body). But like, I started using coconut oil all over my body, including my shoulder, and about, a week later I realized the beauty mark was almost back to normal :O
I continued using the coconut oil and about 3 days later, it was completely back to normal. Sweeeeet!
Other than helping me with that, its the best body moisturizer. Expensive body creams? Expensiver (not a word but whateva) body butters? Fuggetaboutit!
Coconut oil sinks right in a leaves my skin so soft and smelling exotic, ahhhh. I use organic, extra virgin oil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this with coco butter for great conditioning and a glowy sheen on my legs. Love it. Awesome for my hair, it saves so much money. You won't be disappointed.. I'll just ditto what everyone else has said about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lunormandie

Coconut oil for eye lashes /brows: did anyone ever try putting this on your lashes or brows? I've heard that it thickens and in some cases lenghthens your lashes? I've just started a few days ago so do not have anything to report. But I know its' really really great for hair. I happen to work with a girl from Fiji and she and her sisters have been using it on their hair and they happen to have beautiful gorgeous hair!
So I thought if it works on hair, it should work on eye lashes. Please send your comments and results if you have tried this. thanks much

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Rosefan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used it once so far.It seems to be the best hair conditioner I have ever used.I used it as a pre-poo,for an hour or two.My frizzy hair is so soft now,than 9months ago(this is when I went to the hairdresser the last time,to have my dry ends cut.)Ok,well I should have them cut again,but I'd like a nice long hair,so I don't want to go to the hairdresser often.
Coconut oil helps a lot.I have used the refined pure coconut oil,which was great for the hair shaft,and good for my scalp.I've bought the organic virgin at a heath food store today,so that must work better for my scalp I guess.I'll update the post later.
By the way,it doesn't darken my natural blonde hair,which is great.
I never know why,but some shampoos and hair products make it darker,some make it lighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On my third jar of Spectrum brand UNREFINED coconut oil. I get my jar at Raley's for $7.
So many uses! I use it for cooking, removing make-up, rinsing out henna, as a leave-in conditioner or in a hair mask, as an uberlotion for at night on my feet, and TMI alert: also as a secksitime lubricant^^
One jar lasts me several months, and smells so good (tastes good too)! I don't break out from this (though I have used OCM a few years now) and it is the best conditioner I've ever found. This is an HG staple, I'll never be without it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Lissamz

I recently bought this product after reading all the 5-star reviews. I bought the Now Foods product from the Iherb site for about $10. I have used it for my hair, slather it on and leave for a few hours before washing and conditioning and my hair gets a lot straighter when I flat iron. As far as for the body, I mix it with a cheap lotion (about 1/3 cup coconut oil per 16 oz of lotion) and my skin is soft and moisturized. I even put it on my face and have had no problems with break outs. I love how my skin feels dewy after I put this on. I read somewhere that you could add this to your body wash and not need lotion after your bath, but I haven't tried that yet. I would recommend that every woman that cares for her skin would try this miracle product and see the difference in hair and skin, themselves.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by muaviewer

This is a review for the Parachute coconut oil:

My hair is naturally dark brown but for over a year, I was a blonde. Of course my hair is healthier now that I no longer highlight it blonde. But it still felt like crap after I coloured it back to my natural dark brown. My hair has only improved since I started using coconut oil. I use it twice a week and really slather my whole scalp and length of hair with coconut oil. I keep it in my hair for 6-8 hours. If I'm sleeping with it, I wear a disposable shower cap (you can get eight for $1 at Dollarama) and also put a thick bath towel on my pillow in case the shower cap falls off at night. After, I just wash the oil out with a clarifying shampoo or Head and Shoulders. I do not use a moisturizing shampoo since that wouldn't do as great of a job. Then you use conditioner after as usual. Anyways, this oil is better than a couple of Dabur coconut oils that I've also used. I also bought a cheap quality coconut oil which I cannot recall the name but it was no good. I also used something called Amla oil which is suppose to also be good for your hair but it didn't work as well as this. This coconut oil smells nice like coconut. The smell is similar to my high end coconut oil brand which I bought from Whole foods. The thing is, Parachute Coconut Oil is not the type you want to eat - it's meant for hair or skin even though it says you can cook with it. Anyways, I highly recommend this and it was like $3.50 CDN at a South Asian grocer for a 500 ml bottle.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

I love the way it makes my hair look after a deep treatment, but I wrote a separate review for Coconut Oil for use in the hair. Anyway, as far as it's use on the skin, it is amazing! I have mild eczema, and this helps keep it away. I use it in combination with a thick body lotion, and it is soooo moisturizing, and makes my skin unbelievably soft. I have also used it on my face, and I have combination skin sometimes prone to breakouts. It actually isn't oily on the skin, but serves more to balance it. A wonderful product! I am going to buy some more and try it in my cooking next!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If there was a word that was greater than 'love' I would use it to describe this product. I have NO need for conditioner since using this product and I have curly AA hair for reference. Unlike most conditioners which only have transitory surface effects, coconut oil's molecular structure allows it to penetrate the hair shaft providing optimal hydration and damage repair. Its also great because it contains both fatty acids and proteins which my hair loves. I simply apply a spoonful or less to damp hair focusing on the ends as a pre-shampoo treatment and leave it in for an hour-overnight. 2 washes with shampoo under tolerably hot water is all I need to get it all out. The result is well defined conditioned curls with hell-a-bounce! Extravagant results with little effort and a simple ingredient. I also use this as a night cream (burns my skin in the sun) and sometimes an all-over body moisturizer fresh out of the shower on slightly damp skin to seal in moisture. It is absorbent leaving skin with a non greasy silky feel that RADIATES. Coconut oil is truly a light non oily oil if that makes sense. Btw I use Nutiva EVCO- full bodied aroma and taste. Yes I cook with it as well. Contrary to popular belief coconut oil is highly beneficial for consumption and it boosts the metabolism and makes everything taste delicious and is a healthy way to fry because it can withstand high temps and will not oxidize and form unhealthy fats, plus the oil can be re-used with all of its abundant properties intact. It's great when used in place of butter be it for breakfast or baking etc. HTH! ENJOY!

**Update 04/05/09** As you know EVCO has anti-viral/ bacterial growth inhibiting properties. So, I recently contracted conjunctivitis (pink eye) and I applied a fingernails amount into my tearduct and rolled my eye around (it stung slightly).reapplied no more than 2 times during the day. Needless to say, the same day I contracted it-was the same day it was cured-and it didnt reoccur. This has also worked for breakouts. Trust me coconut oil can be so powerful you can even use it as deodorant (I tried it and worked out while at it; it doesnt block sweat-a natural bodily process, but it does stop the FUNK!) the only reason why I dont use it for this anymore is because of the oily pits issue staining clothes. who wants that?lol.

45 out of 45 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No