January 24, 2015 | 1872 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2004 9:33:00 PM More reviews by alexandra77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is really cool and probably works but what's the point? It contains mineral oil which is really really bad for the skin so it defeats the purpose. If you're using it to hide flaws then you're just creating more by using it!!
Sorry to break it to you! I was upset too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jeri55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can see where this would be sort of a "love it or hate it" product for a lot of people if they're thinking of it more like a traditional concealer. Personally, I love it.

Normal concealers tend to migrate into every little line that may be lurking under my eyes and even if it actually covers dark circles, the concealer itself accentuates and draws attention to the area and it just looks worse than if I use nothing. The Touche Eclat isn't really obvious when you apply it - rather it just brightens up the area - if you apply it to one eye and not the other, you can definitely tell that one eye looks more alive.

That said, it's not going to cover up really dark circles, so it's a "which is worse" scenario and I guess I'd rather have a subtly better-looking eye area than a crinkled, covered mess! (Don't you just love it when you have choices?!) UPDATE: Anyone who travels should keep in mind that this is an item which is considerably less expensive overseas. I always purchase several of these when I'm in Europe and have never paid more than $18US - they retail for about $35US here. Try some of the smaller pharmacias which discount perfume and cosmetics, not a department store, for the best prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2004 12:54:00 AM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

tho i have been using this every day for the past 3 yrs, wanted to be the 150th reviewer!
for me this is a no brainer. i apply this under eye and in the corners as well as in the corners of the lips and it immediately brightens you up, whether you have had a good nights' sleep or not. it doesn't really conceal but just highlights these areas. have rec'd it to several friends and my daughter and they are all sold on it. one of them came to see me and when i opened the door, didn't say hello, said "look at me, don't i look great?". and she did!
btw, am talking about #1, the original color.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by fjellstran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THere's nothing great about this concealer. When I apply it I can still see my dark circles. Plus it's a too expensive for a college student like me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Touche Eclat is very expensive considering how little product you get. And it smells like dirty socks if you don't wipe the brush (ok that's my fault). However it managed to last me about a year, using once or twice a day. I have it in shade 2. I think it is too light when I am tanned (I tan very easily in summer). I do, however, like the fact that it's very sheer and creamy, and yes, it does go a long way towards covering up bags and puffiness under the eyes. I am not a fan of thick concealers, however well they conceal dark circles, so Touche Eclat is ideal for my purposes. Edit: after trying and failing to find a better alternative, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and repurchase this despite its price. Le sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by girlonfilm77

Ok I know its a heavty price tag (£21) but once you try it you will be hooked. I have tried other variations like the body shop and even No 7( which is actually pretty good for £7 - i use it at work as its not as thick as a regular concealor which i hate) but this is the creme de la creme. I do use this not just around the eyes but under the nose where I get red from blowing my nose due to the air con at work (nice look - not!) and on some of my blemish scars, but its mainly for the eye area. It goes on like a dream and it looks great in your make up bag. This is one product I wouldn't mind getting out of my bag to use in public!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2004 12:55:00 PM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I use it on my nose-to-mouth creases, at the corners of my eyes and above my eyebrows. Can really see a difference in office (yuk!) lighting. Just wish it wasn't so expensive but will try to get on Ebay next time.

Update: I now prefer Dior Skinflash over this product. Dior is more pigmented, has a thicker consistency and I can use less.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by shopstomuch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not get the big deal with this stuff. Seems very much like the Revlon Illumination Wand in white to me which is far less money then this product. My product turned moldy and the packaging is annoying to say the least.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2004 5:36:00 AM More reviews by alicemf

ok, Really annoying packaging, you click it...nothing...then too much! Grr.
the product itself is great for me, it lifts the eye area out of the dark and doesn't dry out the skin round my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2004 11:25:00 PM More reviews by funkyfairy

I finally decided to buy this product after reading so many reviews abt how you guys rave about this (and its constantly featured on mags), i thought i wuld give it a try.

i was quite disappointed when i first used it. it seemed to dry out my under eye area (i have hereditary dark eye circles). So i left it at the corner of my make up drawer and switched back to using my Shiseido concealer which was creamy and did not dry my eye area. being bored, i took some touch eclat and dotted it over my shiseido concealer, then blended. and the result? IT WAS GREAT. it looked fresh and lasted all day!

i would contemplate buying this again, just for use over my shiseido concealer.