LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 10/2/2006 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have used lush's facial care for 5-6 years with excellent results. a combo of ocean salt, enzymion, and coalface has been perfect for my oily skin. but recently my skin has decided to become much more sensitive and is not responding well to my usual product routine. so i have switched to lush's more gentle products. i use babyface prior to AOBS and the results have been wonderful. my skin is much improved and is no longer misbehaving like it was. i think perhaps my skin has just changed, which is not uncommon i guess. i can't believe that i have never used this before b/c it is an amazing cleanser. so gentle that i wouldn't even call it an exfolient or a scrub, though it does gently polish my skin. i love the texture, which is so fine and almost mealy. to use i just put a pea sized amount into my palm and add a tiny bit of water until it's looser, then work into my skin like any other cleanser. i use it both in the morning and at night. i follow up with celestial moisturizer and my skin glows. AOBS smells so fresh and natural too. like some of the other reviewers have said, i really look forward to washing my face everyday.

I originally got Angels on Bare Skin as a sample with my Lush order. Since I have sensitive skin I tend to shy away from most facial scrubs. After I tried this, however, it has become a part of my daily beauty routine. I must say that I am not that fond of the scent. It is quite flowery and reminds me of the smell of roses (I can't stand that smell). The texture is amazing. All you need is a little dab. I rub it onto my wet face and it kind of turns into a clay like consistency with gentle scrubby things (looks like flax seed or rice). It makes my skin glow and it gets rid of the dry scaly patches around the bottom of my nose. I use it every morning to get my skin in good shape and wash it off with my usual facial cleanser. If you have dull, dry or flaky skin I suggest you try this out.

on 9/23/2006 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Loved it at the start but found it clogged my skin overtime. Smells nice and is a nice grainy scrub.
Downside is that I keep on getting little bits of the almond meal in my eyes.

on 9/14/2006 7:32:00 PM

This is one of my most favourite cleansers ever! This is that product I use when i want my skin to look gorgeous, glowing and rosy. A definite HG, i will definitely repurchase this.
A drawback is the packagaing - it is flimsy and easy to squash.
Everything else is great - the price is pretty good, it DOES last a long time IMO and it definitely does the job!

on 9/14/2006 3:30:00 PM

Truly excellent product! Mild enough to use everyday on my combination skin and since using AOBS I have had very few fresh outbreaks of spots. The ones I have had have been tiny little pimples that are gone in a few days, rather than the big red ones that used to hang about for weeks. And another good thing - people have actually commented on how good my skin looks, something I can honestly say has never happened to me in all my teenage/adult life. Loving this one and after years of spending my money on so called clear complexion products, I think I'll be sticking with AOBS for some time.

on 9/10/2006 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Second favourite after Herbalism! I use this a few times a week to keep my skin smooth and balanced.

It cleanses well, exfoliates, smooths, softens and moisturises my combination skin that's prone to spots, all without casuing it to break out.

Easy to use, smells fabulous, with the only downside being the packaging as with all Lush cleansers. Not sturdy enough and tends to crack while travelling.

Love the contents though!

on 9/8/2006 5:14:00 PM

this didn't do anything for me. my skin is still in the same state as it was when i first started using this a month ago. i had high expectations because of all the raves... i guess, i'll go back to drugstore cleansers.

I love this.. I love all natural stuff and this has won me. I was so excited to try it thanks largely to the the Aus. Vogue forum and yay it is great. Very gentle and smells great. The results are outstanding. So gentle yet cleansing! UPDATE: This is unfortunately not enough for my flaky, dull skin. There is better out there, however if you have really sensitive or fragile skin you'll love it. Great gentle product though. UPDATE: It really isn't all that great. There is definately better out there!!

on 9/2/2006 8:44:00 PM

The initial price puts some off... but if they realised this little tub would last them six months, they might think again.

I find this cleanser perfect for my sensitive, allergic, pimple-prone skin. In a very short time it has cleared away some impressive zits and blackheads, and is leaving my skin clear, healthy-rosy, and incredibly soft.

I can't recommend this product enough!

For those having trouble with use - it's easy in the shower. Wet face, get a pea-sized chunk of AOBS and smoosh it around your face. Then rinse under the shower again. Easy!

on 9/2/2006 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This doesn't work for me as a cleanser, but it's pretty decent as a gentle exfoliator. This grey paste has a texture like putty with bits of lavender and is sold by weight in a plastic tub. Contains almonds (exfoliating) and kaolin(oil absorbing). Also contains fragrance, so sensitive skins make not take well to this. The combination of lavender oil and koalin makes this a good choice for oily yet dehydrated skins. Will I buy again? Not so sure. Apart from the feel-good factor from the heavenly lavender scent, this product borders on being gimmicky without delivering any real long-term benefits. Having said that, my skin feels nice and soft after rinsing and it's fun to use. And you know - sometimes that's all a gal needs.