LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this. I love the smell, so calm and herbal, I love the paste it forms, I love what it does for my skin. Beautiful. you have to try it.

This stuff is also totally worth it! I bought a tub that cost US $11 and it's going strong for the 5th month already, with barely any used up! I went home from college after using this for a semester and my best friend said my skin has improved a lot - the only change was using this cleanser :) I'm never using a bottled generic cleanser again if I have a LUSH around :)

update: Still loving it lots. I strayed from this when I didn't have LUSH around, and my skin deproved. Now I'm back on, it's lovely again. Coincidence? I think not

This is one of the first Lush products I have used and totally love it.
I dont know why iv'e never used Lush before. When I first got this it was very strange looking and when I used it it just crumbled everywhere.
Once you get used to using it then it is lovely to use. The smell isnt the best I have ever smelt but it's not that bad. I can definately see a difference in my skin by using it. At first it made me get red blotches over my face but I think that was because I was applying to much pressure.
To use this I wet my face then wet my hands and get a small piece and rub together in my hands to a paste then apply to wet face. Lovely

i love this cleanser- i use it in the morning and my skin has never looked better- i like the fact that it is 100 % natural- my skin is slightly dry and after using it for 2 weeks my skin is super smooth, hydrated and very glowy-

I LOVE this product! I have super sensitive and oily skin and this product is the only thing that makes my skin happy! I always had flawless skin.. I turned 30, moved to England and now have the skin of a teenager. I break out on my cheeks, and forehead, and chin, but since I have started using Angels, I have seen a dramatic difference! I use this with Breath of Fresh Air Toner, and Celestial Moisturizer, and I am loving my skin again! I highly recommend trying this product.. give a week or two to really work..but I am sure you will love it!

What was I thinking? I popped into my local LUSH store for the first time, and the name of this product sounded familiar to me (probably read about it here). Though I had reservations about buying an overpriced blob of goo in a cheap plastic grocery store deli container, I gave it a go. Why, oh, why?

I seriously do not get this product. I can't turn it into a "paste" with a little water as directed by the sales girl--I can turn a large blob into many tiny blobs, but haven't achieved a paste-like consistency. I don't like the extra effort involved in doing this either.

Smearing all of the little blobs all over my face is another feat in itself--and it does NOT remove makeup at all, let alone skin oilies. Now I know why they sell so much Tea Tree Water toner--you HAVE to use a toner to finish cleaning your face after using this crap. My skin was soft, but didn't feel clean at all.

Also--it is awkward to store the plastic tub it came in. It's too wide for my medicine cabinet, and just looks nasty sitting out by the sink.

I definitely do not recommend this product. Too much hassle, too few results. And way too overpriced for something that doesn't even come in a proper container (I paid $13 for the smallest amount available).

I'm pretty disappointed with this one. I love Ocean Salt, but wanted something slightly moisturising to use on the back of my legs where I sometimes get ingrown hair from shaving. The tester in the store smelled SOO GOOD! I decided that the fragrance alone made Angels a good buy, but when I dipped into my own tub my hopes were dashed. It was like gritty play-dough sprinkled with lavender buds- it didn't smell that great and it had a wierd gummy consistency. It seemed to take a long time to mix it with some water and blend it into a paste. I guess I shouldn't really complain about the fact that it didn't scrub as effectively as I would have liked; it is meant for use on the face, but I felt like the smoothing came from the moisturising ingredients more than any real exfoliation. It also left a film on my skin that felt gross. Would not re-purchase.

Still left makeup on my face after I washed. Not impressed with LUSH so far.

(This is the original review that I posted on the Vogue Australia Forums back in August 2005).

I have been using this gorgeous cleanser for about a year and a half now and it is one of my few true HGs.

The results are fairly instant - your skin feels incredibly smooth, divinely soft and beautifully cleansed after you've washed it off. In my case, the results have improved over time and I have noticed that my skin is clearer, softer and less congested around the t-zone (which has been quite notorious in the past for congestion).

I have had many lovely comments from friends and even strangers about the state of my skin.

Although my skin is not completely clear and blemish-free all of the time, it is fairly close to it most of the time!

I also find that foundation glides on a lot more easily since I began using it (although I tend to only use foundation very occasionally).

I have normal-combination skin (it tends to get a little oily and occasionally congested around the t-zone), for those who are interested. However, I am fairly sure that this would be gentle enough for all skin types.

It is also relatively inexpensive - AUD$14.50 for 100 grams, which I find lasts me a good four or more months using it both day and night.

How To Use:
After adding a few drops of water a little pea-sized blob of the cleanser and amalgamating the two to form a moist paste.

Apply the paste all over your face and massage, using a gentle circular motion.
Wash off and then start stroking your lovely, soft face. Or alternatively, you could get a loved one to do the stroking. ;-)

Ingredients:
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Perfume.

NOTE: Since then (and due to some unwanted hormonal activity), I've scaled back my usage of AOBS to mornings only and after I use my Mario Badescu Silver Powder at night. Still love it. <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I found out about this a long time ago, after buying some LUSH products overseas (please God let LUSH come to the U.S.) but didn't think it would do much for my acne-prone skin; either that or it would greatly increase the severity of my acne, because I've found scrubbing to be wayyy too harsh on my face. I finally gave in and bought some of this online after reading some reviews on Amazon.com and I have never been happier. I only use it once or twice a week, and moisturize immediatly afterwards....WOW!! My face is sooooo soft I just sit there like a lunatic touching my face. Can't say it's necessarily done a lot for my acne (I'm on BCP's to control my hormones) but my skin is crazy smooth everytime I use it. It's not harsh at all but definitely exfoliates. Try this once and you'll fall in love.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I look forward to washing my face. This smells really good. At first i didn't like the smell, but it grew on me. The anis in it is interesting. Makes my face very soft.