August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2006 8:29:00 PM More reviews by camila_mtl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It smells so nice and makes my skin so soft!
I used to break out occasionally, but AOBS has helped a lot!
I would certainly recommend this pne!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by urigio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is not a cleanser. More like a exfoliator/scrub.
Really gentle but leaves your face very soft. No tightness at all.
Only downside is that it is a little messy...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2006 5:02:00 AM More reviews by mona_mua

this is WAY too greasy for me. it left me feeling icky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by kirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a cleanser, AOBS works well. It's very gentle, but it still manages to get my face clean. My skin would be so soft and smooth after using this cleanser. I also love the lavender scent, it's gorgeous! It's not very practical to use though (and I get the same result from my usual cleanser Cetaphil which is much more practical to use). However, as a mask, it's brilliant! I tried it as a mask a few days ago when I was having a Candy Cane bubble bath (yummy, yum yum!) I was already in the tub when I felt like putting on a face mask. Since I didn't have aspirin in the bathroom to make aspirin mask, I just grabbed a little bit of AOBS, mixed it with water, put in on my face and scrubbed a bit, and I left it on until I finished my bath. The result: clean, soft, smooth, glowing skin. I had 3 small pimples on my chin that day, and they were almost gone! I think I'm going to use AOBS only as a mask now, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. UPDATE: I now use it as both cleanser and mask since it gives fantastic result. As a cleanser, I alternate this with Cetaphil and Herbalism.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 2:38:00 AM More reviews by msjene

I absolutely love the concept of LUSH products, unfortunately they are hit or miss with me. This was a miss. HOWEVER...I can see how this would be a nice product for someone with normal/dry skin with no sensitivity to essential oils. I think where this one went wrong with me is I do have a sensitivity to certain oils (I think it may be lavender, but I'm not sure yet)...so after using this a few times I ended up with a rash. Too bad, because I enjoyed the texture and effect. I have oilier skin and prefer the Ocean Salt, although even that is not a HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by melloly

this is my first LUSH purchase. I quite like it as an exfoliator but not very much as a cleanser. I find i still have a lot of makeup left on my skin if i just use this - you need to double cleanse. No miracle results just yet but its effective on my combo/oily skin, without being overly harsh. I wouldn't mind purchasing it again - it does smell very noice too.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

My feelings about this product are mixed.Unlike most exfoliating products, Angels on Bare Skin is not harsh or irritating. After use, it leaves skin feeling clean, fresh and soft. You take the paste that it comes in, mix it with water until "smooth", then spread and massage onto your skin, and rinse away with water or a warm washcloth.
My main dislike about this product its strange texture. Unlike most similar products, it's not creamy or smooth; it has more of a watery/clumpy texture. A Japanese friend told me you can make a similar 'paste' yourself with just the abduki (adzuki? who knows) beans for a lot cheaper. That said, it does have a nice, refreshing smell (think woodsy/evergreen), with little needles in it (not as weird as it sounds).
Like most LUSH products, the packaging is not great. I ordered mine from the website and it came in a cheap plastic tub. However it's a decent-sized amount; I paid about $13.50 for mine (they are priced by weight). I've used less than half of the tub and I've had it for six months; so while it is sort of expensive it does last forever. Some people claim to have problems with it drying out; I find that if you keep the lid on and mix with water upon use, there's no problem.
I wouldn't buy again because I don't like the texture, and the application is kind of messy. I usually get it in my hair with is kind of annoying. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2005 1:37:00 AM More reviews by blondeangelwing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love LUSH but their skincare is lacking. This really didn't do anything. It doesn't exfoliate or do anything it claims, and as a matter of fact you could NEVER use it to take make off either like the stores claim when you go in. I'd advise to get a sample because I TRADED this soooo fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Stardrift

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is simply the best cleanser I have used.For reasons that dont have as much to do with how clean it gets my face.You do need to use something appropriate to first get rid of a full face of makeup before you are ready for AOBS.Open the cheap plastic container it comes in,and boy,that amazingly lovely fragrance of lavender so sharp its almost jasmine and rose and all that ground almond and little lavender flowers in it.Makes you feel pampered each time you use it.I just love the little ritual of washing with it each night and my face feels like velvet after.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 9:06:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love Angels.Its so gentle and leaves my skin soft and smooth.A must for me.

Update: tried this again recently (Sep 2012) and as I've had no problems with it in the past, applied it all over my skin- big mistake! I had one of the worst reactions I've ever experienced. I checked the ingredients list and there seems to be a new addition; Tagetes Oil, which apparently is from the dahlia/daisy family and can obviously cause a reaction on sensitive skin like mine, so if you've never used this oil before, I would strongly recommend a patch test first!