Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

on 5/2/2009 10:04:00 AM

I give this product a 5 because it works great for me, i am heavy on the eye makeup and this stuff works just as good, if not better, than the clinique remover for eyes & lips which cost about 3 times as much. i get this for $5.69 at walmart which is in my budget. it is a bit oily but normally i wash my face AFTER i remove my makeup so thats not a big deal to me. i have major allergys and sensitive eyes and i have been using this for 6 months without any problems- i highly recommend this.

on 5/2/2009 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I got this at Shoppers Drug Mart for 6.99 when it had their sale. I got like 4. If you want to get it, I suggest you go to walmart or zellers since its like I think $10 at walmart and $9 bucks at zellers. SDM has it priced at $13 ? They're always overpriced UNLESS they have salesss but bewareee sometimes their sales look good but when u go to walmart or zellers, you realize that its their USUAL price anyways. So ya. This works very well. Totally comparable to the Lancome makeup remover. SOOO MUCH cheaper... I totally recommend this. The only bad thing about this product is the product packaging. When you twist the cap off, there's no sifter or stopper or w.e its called. Just a big opening for you to pour the product out. This may result in spilling and losing a lot of product however this didn't happen to me.

on 4/29/2009 6:15:00 PM

This was the first eye makeup remover I've ever bought, and because I know it works, for a long time I stuck with it. It's not a bad remover, honestly speaking. It has removed all my waterproof makeup/mascara no problem and relatively easily (In my opinion, a little easier than Sephora's version, though in both cases I have a wipe/scrub a little at my eyes to get everything off).

After trying my friend's Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil (the green one) though, I will never look at this thing ever again. On the other hand, the Shu Uemura oil is also a good 7-8x more expensive. XD

One of the major con is that despite its name (oil free) it quite clearly got a thick layer of oil in it. Or maybe it's not oil. I'm not sure what it is, but when left alone for a while, the two layers of liquid clearly separates with the bottom liquid resembling oil. When used with a cotton pad to get my eye makeup off, it also definitely leaves an oily feeling residue as well, which was relatively difficult to wash off. I eventually developed the process of using this to remove eye make up, then hop in the shower and use my facial soap to remove any residue.

The good thing is, despite teh $10 price label (which imo is pretty high), it definitely last quite a while. Compared to the Sephora waterproof makeup remover that I've tried (which is also $10), this Neutrogena version lasts about twice or maybe even three times as long. Some drugstores even have it for $7 or $8 instead of $9.99, which makes it not a too bad remover for its price.

It's not something I'm going to be purchasing again, but for all intents and purposes, it definitely did its job. If you're a beginner at makeup, or just in need of a new but cheap makeup remover to try (and know that it definitely would work) then this is a pretty good choice.

EDIT: so after a quick jaunt at Shu oil, i realized that thing is making my eyes flaky, and after some experiementation with other brands, i'm back at this again. -_-;;; so whatever the case is, this remover is great for sensitive skin/eyes. compared to the others i've used, this is one of the few that have yet to give some part of my face problems.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Well i initially had to change all the wonderful things i was planning to say after reviewing some of the others comments and realising that they were similar to mine! Yes, the remover is greasy although it claims to be oil free, but if you wash your face afterward it takes care of that. As for its ability to actually work, it was able to take off light things, like shadows and some eye liners, and a bit of mascara. but overall it was nothing special. and after reading the review stating that it made their lashes seem less thick, i was through! i thought it was just the oily film left over on the lashes that made them appear less full. after that, i would never refer this product to anyone.

on 4/23/2009 1:18:00 PM

this takes my makeup off really well (i don't use waterproof anything, but i do use mac fluidline, urban decay 24/7 liners, and regular mascaras) and it doesn't leave a weird residue on my face like a lot of makeup removers do, but it makes my eyes feel weird. kind of dry, almost? i wear contacts, so if i ever need to put them back in after removing my makeup i need to use eye drops or it'll be too uncomfortable.

aside from that, the only thing i dislike about it is the container. i'd prefer it to have a smaller hole, because if you knock it over without the cap it's basically all gone and it would give more control as to how much product is released.

i'm going to look for another eye makeup remover when i finish this bottle because of the eye discomfort, but if i can't find one that works as well i'll come back to it. it's not affecting my eyesight at all so it's really just a minor inconvenience moreso than a problem.

on 4/23/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So I *had* to delete my original review, which gave it a perfect score. In that original review I stated how much I've loved this for years...how I've found it gentle, removes everything, etc.
I've been using this for about 5 years, specifically since I became a member of MUA (under a different name) and after reading all the raves about this product. However, after the years, I began developing some extreme sensitivities to eye products, particularly mascaras. This NEVER happened prior to me using this remover. I became very picky with the mascaras that I would use since I thought most of them irritated me and would make my lids swollen. I mean, seriously...check out my reviews for the gazillion mascaras I've gone through. I NEVER had this issue in MY LIFE before, except, as I mentioned earlier, over the past years when this annoying reaction became pretty consistent and almost part of what I "expected" from eye products. I eliminated so many things - I would avoid waterproof mascaras and even my MF 2000 calorie, which I've used for ever, had to get the boot. One day my 11 yr. old DD was playing with liners and mascara and then had to remove it. She used this, and she began complaining about a burning sensation. I saw her lids swell up, and her eyes become super red and irritated. Even then I still didn't put 2 and 2 together. But then, I forced myself to use baby oil to remove my e/m for a few days and use mascaras I had issues with in the past and my problem was GONE! I'm almost upset at myself for not thinking this could have been the culprit of so much irritation since this has been the ONLY consistent item I've used for the period of time I've been experiencing this sucky eye irritation. Oh and like some other reviewers, I've also noticed my lashes appear to have less volume, which means I've been losing quite a few over the years. I'm 100% done with this. *big siggghh*.

on 4/20/2009 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Removes eye makeup effectively. I just pour on a cotton pad, and place over my lashes for a few seconds to remove any mascara & mascara base. No tugging or pulling to remove any last traces of eye makeup. Does not irritate my eyes or contacts. This is an item I always repurchase!

on 4/20/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does it's job. Removes liquid eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, and anything else on my face. It doesn't irritate at all but does leave an oily slick behind. I usually tissue it off and everything is fine.

on 4/19/2009 8:37:00 PM

I was in a drugstore last week and while I was searching for the unmistakable bottle of Neutrogena Eye Make Up Remover, something caught my eye. There was another bottle that looked strikingly similar on the "Clean & Clear" shelf, except this bottle of eye make up remover had a clear plastic green shell and white cap (instead of clear plastic purple with a gold cap). Knowing that Clean & Clear and Neutrogena belong to the same parent company, Johnson & Johnson, I picked up both bottles and compared the ingredients list side-by-side.

EXACTLY THE SAME INGREDIENTS!!!

Special note: Two or three ingredients are placed higher or lower in the hierarchy of ingredients. Otherwise, no differences in the identity of ingredients. For instance, the Clean & Clear product still contains aloe and cucumber like its predecessor, but in a different priorty-order.

The Clean & Clear product is slightly cheaper by $2 or $3. For those who are slightly more budget conscious, or prefer a "less oily" feel (I am sure that J & J re-ordered the ingredients to target the oily/acne-prone market), Clean & Clear's remover may be a great alternative to the Neutrogena brand.

+++++
As for a proper review of the Neutrogena product, here's what I have to say:

This is a staple item for me. I have used Lancome's Bi-Facil removers too, but they're ourtageously priced for the basic function that I need it to do. That is, removing 100% of MAC's Fluidline (Blacktrack) and mascara. I don't understand why some people would actually pooh-pooh this product... Not only does it *work*, it works very well. What more do you want it to do? Babysit? Wash your floors?

on 4/18/2009 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely a great eye makeup remover! Works well for all the makeup I use, layers of eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner. I will never be without this product.