August 22, 2014 | 1819 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2004 3:45:00 PM More reviews by JessikaBeetle

I'd been using this bar on my face for quite some time, and I finally gave up the ghost and admitted it was too drying to use regularly. I've switched to Dove Cream Cleanser and have been much happier.
Still, for the body, nothing beats this classic. It smells great and is easy to hold, rinses off well and leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft.
My favourite is the exfoliant version, with the tiny blue beads. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by vdevarajan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this soap on and off for over ten years now. I love the smell of this soap and I find it provides just enough moisture and lather for my skin. My mother also loves this soap and I have a few friends who swear by it. Lately I have started using this on my face too in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 3:29:00 PM More reviews by yeyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

one of the only soap I can use on my whole body (even sensitive parts). I wish it was more moisturising, I need to put lotion after.
I hate the smell but I can handle it since it's very hard for me to find something to wash my sensitive areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2004 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only soap I use on my sensitive, eczema-prone skin, at the advice of my dermatologist. I have been using it my entire life, and wouldn't use anything else on my kids. Nice scent, rinses off completely without that "coated" feeling that some soaps leave (especially deodorant soaps like Dial, Coast, Irish Spring). Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by kimmy2506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE this soap. Not for use on the face, but on the body it is awesome! Leaves skin silky smooth, smells divine. Love it and highly reccomend this soap!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2004 11:44:00 AM More reviews by kittymi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love it ,although i use it for washing hands only,it didn't let my hands dry after rinse off,a endurable scent too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2004 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If there was anything that could be said about mother knowing best, it would be the Dove Beauty Bar. Not only does it eliminate all the dirt and makeup left from a hard day's work of 9-5, it also leaves your skin feeling sooooo sooooo soft and smooth. It's not surprising how dermatologists always recommend this as an effective and gentle face cleanser. Who knew beauty could be this simple? This is one of the very best products on the market for your skin. Try it... it's unbelievable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2004 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Mica

Interesting... I've used Dove on my face in emergencies, and I just used it to clean my face tonight. I noticed that the blotchy look I usually get after washing my face has not happened. My face is really soft and smooth looking. I think I'm going to try this as a facial cleanser, and update in a couple of weeks. But for me, the fact that doesn't sting and cause redness immediately is a good sign to start with.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2004 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Short_and_sweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Completely MURDERED my skin.

Interestingly, my skin was so moisturized from using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula lotion with the Dove Nutrium bar (thanks to MUA reviews), until I tried this for one day. After just one use my skin was tight and dry, especially my back: when I bent over it felt like I had a drying clay mask on it. And the worst was my hands: they were itchy and tight the next day! I tried a variety of products to stop the itching, but only palmer's did the trick again.

THIS PRODUCT SEEMS TO BE BAD FOR SENSITIVE, DRY SKIN. PURCHASE WITH CAUTION. I WILL NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MerylStreek

I use the sensitive skin version for AM cleansing (I've tried all the forms of this bar and that's my favourite). It leaves skin soft, smooth, slightly taut, and even. It leaves my skin feeling so nice most days I can even skip a moisturiser! Great stuff.