Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 11/3/2005 2:45:00 PM

No other shower product leaves my skin this moisturised yet clean feeling.My sister hates me for this because she works for the rivals in Europe, Nivea. Hee hee.But a classic is a classic!
X
Marie

on 10/31/2005 5:34:00 PM

Have been using this for years and years and years. It really does moisturise your skin, because I don't feel dry at all after a shower. I tend to use it to wash my face before I got to bed and again it i not too drying. My BF uses the fragrance free Dove soap for sensitive skin and swears by it - he will not use anything else!

on 10/20/2005 6:56:00 AM

I used to use this soap on my body and recently returned to it after years of using shower gel. This soap is soap and I found it very drying even on my hands. I suppose that it is better than many other soaps. How they can market it as a facial soap...I have no idea.

on 10/18/2005 11:31:00 AM

I can't believe I never did a review for Dove Beauty Bar! I've been using this soap for as long as I can remember. As a child I had, and continue to have, incredibly dry skin in the winter so my dermatologist recommended this soap. Ever since then I've been a huge fan of Dove soap. It's definitely my HG soap. I've been seduced by other brands and other "fancier" soaps but I've found that none of them can hold a candle to Dove's Beauty Bar. I should note that I only use this on my body, not on my face, although I've never tried it on my face so I can't say if it works well for facial skin. This soap is wonderful, relatively moisturizing (I say relatively because I still have to use lotion afterwards, but I have really dry skin), great for sensitive skin, and smells nice and fresh too.

on 10/8/2005 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great soap, especially in the wintertime. I've begun using this on my face every other evening rather than neutrogena acne wash, and I have no complaints. I love the way this makes my skin feel and smell, and it's great to shave with. This does no eliminate my need for body moisturizer, but does make my skin feel comfortable.

on 10/8/2005 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG soap. A couple of years ago I visited a dermatologist and he highly recommended that I start using regular Dove soap on my face. Since then I've never used anything else. It's wonderfully creamy and gentle, lathers well and smells fresh. Leaves my face feeling silky soft and moisturized.

on 10/7/2005 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Classic beauty bar. Doesn't dry out the skin, makes a GREAT shaving creme when lathered, and the classic scent can't be beat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am really liking this bar soap. The original Dove was too moisturizing for my oily acne prone skin especially for around my upper back area. I checked on dove's website and specifically searched for a body wash/bar for oily skin and the white soap is what they recommended. I have been using body washes and/or cetaphil sensitive skin bar for the face but Dove white is much cheaper and I love the clean scent. The bars last a long time, and they removes all oil & dirt really well without causing me to break out or get any red rashes/itchy patches etc. It lathers really easily & makes my skin feel soooo soft and smooth. I especially like to shave with this. This works better for shaving for me then aveeno sensitive skin shave gel and that stuff rocks but this is 10 times better. Very mild so I can use it on my toddler cousins when they come over and you can use this below the belt without it burning or being too harsh. A lovely little soap & I like it much better then the original or the pink nutrium bar.

on 10/1/2005 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been using this bar of soap for my face and body for the past 6+ years. I've never had problem skin but this continues to leave my face and body soft and moisturized. I have never used a bar of soap on my face but this came dermatologist recommended. Paired with my trusty St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer, my face has honestly only broken out a handful of times in the past few years. (When I mean broken out, I mean one pimple.) I will never use another combination - I always get compliments on my skin!

on 9/27/2005 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

My favorite bar soap of all time!! I used to use this then switched to Caress for the great scents they have. I ultimately switched back because Caress didn't seem to get my skin as soft as the Dove bar does. I have perfumed shower gels that I use occasionally when I'm layering my fragrances but for day to day it's Dove for me. It's the only soap that smells clean to me.