Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 2/24/2006 1:00:00 PM

Didn't know that this was such a hype product. Bought this coz I was bored waiting for a friend and went into a Seven-Eleven store. And of all places, it was in Ta-Chia, Taiwan!!! Think it was NTD 100 for a 0.3oz tin. Smells pleasant, but the delivery was nothing to rave about. To be fair, I have very dry cuticles and seems less "dry" after application.

Love the very American-style tin packaging though and unlike most tin packaging, opening this was a breeze. Also, very convenient to carry around. Will not go out of the way to repurchase unless I come across it again. Anyone care to advise if they know where to purchase this in Shanghai / Singapore?

Note: have to "rub in" quite a bit when using this in winter climate since the wax has "harden".

on 2/21/2006 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like the effects of this product. Smells nice, keeps my cuticles moisturized... but the tin TUB! i can't express how much I despise tubs of anything that I have to dig into with my finger. This should come in the form of a chapstick that you can just rub on your cuticles. It works for lazy people like me that don't want to go thru the next step of finding something to wipe your finger on.

on 2/17/2006 10:44:00 PM

This is one of my all time favorite products. It's like a miracle cream for me, because my cuticles tend to get very dry easily. The thing I love about this cuticle cream is it works right away. I only need to use 2-3 times every night and and after that I notice a big difference. Not only does it soften my cuticles, I've also found that it strengthens my nails.

on 2/16/2006 2:24:00 PM

I'm always in the kitchen and so my hands are usually dry but in the winter time my cuticles get ashy and unruly. This is less a creme and more an balmy like texture. At first I felt like it was doing nothing but making my cuticles smell like key lime pie but I continued to use it. I began carrying it with me and throughout the day, I would periodically rub it onto my cuticles. I know this sounds time consumming but it isn't. I now find myself naturally pulling out this tiny case and rubbing my cuticles while reading or checking my email.

It has been over a month now and I can truly tell when I've forgotten to moisturize. My cuticles are softer and hang nails have dissappeared. My nails have also seem stronger.

This isn't a overnight magic trick. You will need to continue to use this product. I suggest moisturizing your hands with Neutrogena Hand Cream, placing a bit more around your cuticles. Place your hands in gloves and go to bed. In the morning your hands and cuticles will be soft and lovely. Then use Burt's Bees Cuticle Creme as a maintenance product.

on 2/15/2006 9:57:00 PM

This make my hands more dry. I bought then the neutrogena norwegian formula and my hands look ver amazing now.

I started a bad habit of biting my cuticles... really really bad. There was a point where it would start to bleed and when they would grow back, they would be really hard. I started using this cuticle cream and massage it into my cuticles when I was bored in classes, or just anywhere. It would prevent me from biting them and also made them grow back softer. I love this stuff!

on 2/13/2006 4:52:00 PM

Smells like lemon Pine-Sol! Nasty. I can't get past the smell to use it long enough to report results. Sorry.

on 2/12/2006 11:15:00 AM

This is good stuff. I took one lippie off because it's a bit gritty. I'd like it better if it went on more smoothly. It does an excellent job of softening cuticles, and the jar is adorable. Definitely one of Burt's Bees best products. Here's a tip--When it starts getting to the bottom of the pot, you can stick it in a warm oven for a few minutes to melt it back down.

on 2/10/2006 1:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is a must have in the winter months!! I love the smell, but I'm not to crazy about the tin. Maybe if it came in a jar. The tins are hard for me to open.

My cuticles are typically ragged and dry, thanks to neglect and frequent handwashing. I sometimes use handcream e.g. L'occitane's or Aveda but my cuticles remain embarassing. Thus, cuticle cream. This smells sharply of lemon(in a good way) and is more of an ointment than cream but it contains sweet almond oil, lemon oil, vitamin e, cocoa butter, rosemary extract and beta carotene, in addition to the ubiquitous beeswax that appears to be a staple of Burt's Bees. I've been using this 2-3x/day, almost absentmindedly, and my cuticles indeed look marvelous. The tin is adorable and easy to open. The ointment also serves somewhat as a barrier when I wash my hands so that my hands are not completely stripped. In any case, though not usually a fan of Burt's Bees, am now a convert to the cult of this excellent ointment.

Popular Treatments