April 24, 2014 | 1670 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The hype machine sucks me in again. So, this product was a bust for me. After weeks of hype, I finally stumbled across a display at my local Target. I picked up Sugar Frosting and Berry Smoothie. I was immediately let down that the nice quilted pattern is only on two sides of the cap--cheaper packaging decision. Then I noticed there's no easy way to grab the bottom--it's just bad ergonomics. Hard to get a good grip, as the bottom is very narrow and smooth. Anyway, let's move on to the actual product.

My first impression after applying both of these is that they're even MORE sheer than my favorite lip glosses. Bummer. The Berry Smoothie is a nice MLBB shade for me (and I have very unpigmented lips), but unfortunately the consistency of these is such that it will pool in the lines on you lips, which is pretty noticeable. I expected Sugar Frosting to give the lips a nice sheen and be moisturizing. It's not moisturizing enough to use as a balm alone, sadly.

Maybe not the choice for you if you have unpigmented lips. My fave glosses remain the CoverGirl Wetslicks (drugstore) and LORAC Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss (higher end)--both have beautiful, even pigment distribution without pooling or stickiness. No fave lipsticks, sadly. So these will be relegated to the back of my storage bin. Too bad--I wanted to love them.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lately I haven't really been inspired to search out a makeup product because I feel like I have so much already that there's just nothing I want. UNTIL NOW! Everyone was talking these up so I had to hunt them down immediately. I went to Target, Ulta, and Bartell's. All to no avail. Finally, while visiting my family a few hours away I found them in Ulta AND Target, even though there were only a few shades left. I bought Candy Apple and Strawberry Shortcake.
Candy Apple is perfect for me because I'm not a red-lip-wearer although I love the retro/pin-up look with winged eyeliner and red lips. This can be a very subtle red lip which is amazing for someone who feels weird about vibrant lip colors. It can also be bold, however, depending on how much you build it up. It's very moisturizing, too! (It's more of an orange under-toned red than a blue under-toned red.)
Strawberry Shortcake is a pretty pink. I wouldn't consider it to be cool-toned which I like because I look quite odd with cool pink lips. This is also very buildable, so it can be subtle or vibrant as well.
As a whole these products (as far as I've seen) are very moisturizing! They are also actually really pigmented, which I found to be a pleasant surprise. The packaging is very cute. They don't smell like their names, they sort of have a faint vanilla scent to them.
I want to buy more colors! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are great! I definitely get the hype. I have used many lipsticks and glosses over the years, and this is one of my favorites. It feels, when applied, somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick. There is no chance of this product "aging" you as some lipsticks can. It looks moist and shiny, but not overly "glossy", really, which i also consider a plus. Feels great. Lasts a decent amount of time. The packaging is nice, in my opinion, and the price is good. I bought one (in sugar plum-which is great) and then bought four more. A great drugstore find.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by microems

Makes my lips super smooth! I love the color pigmentation (berry smoothie, creme brulee, red velvet). Not sticky, not waxy but creamy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have these in Peach Parfait and Strawberry Shortcake.
Peach Partfait is a peachy pink with shimmer. I really like the color, but not the shimmer. It has a gritty texture unlike the other one I have.
Strawberry Shortcake is a light pink. It looks good on my fair skin. This one has a much better texture on the lips. It's creamy and moisturizing.
These are good and live up to most of the hype. They are soft and have tilted in their tube. I will not repurchase the shades I have but will probably try others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by nikki5

The Revlon marketing folks scored an ace here. Name a product "moisturizing lipstick" meh, ok but name it a "lip butter" and all heck breaks loose. They must have been working with Paula Deen, because seriously butter makes everything better.

In all seriousness though, I think this is a decent product. Revolutionary, no. Ground breaking, no. Holy Grail, no...but decent yea. This is a good moisturizing lipstick, decent color selection, cute packaging. I got 4 colors, Pink Truffle, Candy Apple, Sugar Plum, and Red Velvet. Red Velvet is def my fav. Very pretty, very pigmented, wearable red with cooler undertone, but I think all skin tones could do this one. The wear was pretty good too, survived a turkey day meal and I had a nice stain on my lips afterwards. Pink Truffle pulled more pink on me to be an actual MLBB color. Candy Apple was a nice bright red with orange undertone. Sugar Plum just looked too dark for me, really got a deep berry tone on my lips. So all in all, here's my .02 on this hype of the moment product, do not wear yourself out trying to track these down. They will be permanent early next year. They are nice moisturizing lipsticks, but wait till you find them on sale, cause you know they will be... :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by cara4art

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got my first one a couple of nights ago, after tracking them down! My neighborhood Walgreen's had the display but before I could get around to buying any, they had disappeared. Luckily, after a few tries with other SF Walgreen's I found them at the store around the corner from my Pilates class that night! Anyhow, I bought the one in Fig Jam - loving this! It's the perfect neutral MLBB for us warm-toned people who like the nuances of a neutral that's not too orange, not too brown, and not too cool. This shade has a wonderful mix and is a super everyday color, that can be built up to deeper if one wants. Would work over a lip liner pencil applied to the lips for extra staying power too. After the initial moisture, etc. wore off, this leaves a nice MLBB stain on the lips too. Very believable and nice for day. This product also feels GREAT on the lips, very moisturizing without feeling greasy, very soothing in fact. I think they hit on one of their winners with the Lip Butters myself and the fact of a good color selection to start off with.
I'm even going to go buy a back-up of this, and a couple of the other shades like Pink Truffle, maybe either Candy Apple or Red Velvet. Either of these red shades for night since I'm not really a red lipstick person for day, but a sheer one for night would work for me). They didn't have those but hey did have the Pink Truffle though.
Last but not least, DH complimented me on the Fig Jam - saying I looked very nice!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by AhCapp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have 5 of them. Pink truffle, cherry tart, berry smoothie, peach parfait and red velvet. My favourite is peach parfait followed by pink truffle. Both are MLBB colours and very wearable for work. Berry smoothie is a cool tone pink which doesn't suit my warm skin tone. cherry tart is a bright redish pink which is pigmented but I'll save it for weekends. We don't ve these lovelies here in Singapore so I got mine from evil bay through a fantastic seller Ellen. The fact that each lippie is less than us$10 and pigmented and non-drying makes them one of my highly recommended items for everyone. I like that the lippie apply well and doesn't feel or smell yucky. I know people like to compare them with high end brands but I feel that revlon has done a good job. I would say these are as good as Dior lipsticks but at a fraction of the price. I'm so happy with my purchase that I have bought 5 more in other colours! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

UPDATE** I friggen love this stuff. The scent is inoffensive and minimal (apparenlty I don't like frag in cosmetics), I find that I DON'T need balm underneath and the product stays longer and looks better by itself, and it doesn't dry out my lips. Still can't decide which one is my fave between Cotton Candy and Peach Parfait!

I love the packaging, very purse safe. I love the texture. The smell is not offensive. I love this stuff.

On me, cotton candy is my fav. It's sheer pink goodness that just enhances my lip color in a playful, sexy way. On me, its not overpowering or vivid, its a nice cotton candy sheen. Almost like I had perfect lips with some balm on. My fav. I like with or without Nivea balm underneath. I haven't noticed any drying.

Peach parfait is the runner up. It just gives my lips a warm glow with a kiss of glitter. I do find it a tad grainy.

The candy Apple doesn't work on me. Red lips are hard for me to pull of. This stuff ends up making me look jaundiced, lol.

Strawberry shortcake is too sheer on me. I like it, just not aanymore than a regular old lip balm or gloss.

Lollipop is my newest addition to my collection of Butters. I like this one! It's quite pigmented and I need a mirror to apply, but it's a nice fuschia on me. I also like to layer a swipe or two of this over Candy Apple to cool it down a little. THe staying power isn't great though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by samii

I love these lip colors, they are so soft, moisturizing, and pigmented! I had trouble choosing between 4 colors: Tutti Fruiti, Sweet Tart, Candy Apple and Raspberry Pie. I ended up getting all 4, since they were buy one get one 50% off at CVS. I'm glad I got them all! I originally planned to try them out, and return the ones which didn't work, but all of them were just so perfect!

I have pale skin, usually the lightest or second lightest options, hazel eyes and light reddish brown hair. The colors look great on me, they go on smoothly even around my vertical labret (which makes it hard to apply some lipsticks/glosses).

One note: Raspberry Pie looks a little brighter than I expected, and out of all of them is the hardest to apply. Not that any are hard to put on, but I'd say it is the least easy :p

They all go on smoothly though, beautiful colors!