September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this formula! I've been really into Revlon lately and this latest product has surprised and pleased me again. I love the way this feels on my lips! Very soft and slightly glossy. I tried the Sweet Tart and bought another one after just 2 days! This color is my perfect pink. I'd say its bright bubblegum pink. The color stays on longer than you think a sheer moisturing lip product would. Most lipsticks that are too soft tend to not stay on or feather, but this is better than the more expensive ones I've tried. Love the packaging, too. The tinted covers are very close to the shade in the tube. I bought Maybelline's BabyLips at the same time and this actually moisturizes and smooths my lips BETTER !

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by songsparrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think these work well on aging lips as long as you exfoliate and use Aquaphor or some other balm at night, and apply carefully to avoid running into the nasal labial folds. Berry Smoothie is my favorite everyday color but I also find Sweet Tart, Pink Truffle and Peach Parfait to be very wearable without looking hoochie or too bright. I love Lollipop but it's just a bit much. I tried Cotton Candy but it's too light, although it looks nice under Sweet Tart. I expect these to need re-application often but they do leave a nice residual tint and the price isn't horrendous.
EDIT-Jan 22 2012
After trying to work with these for a month I'm giving up. I've never had such chapped lips and have to use Aquaphor now. I'm glad I gave away the extras I bought. Concept good, execution unsatisfactory.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lmro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought these in a lot of colors... sorry I did, except that they will make great Christmas gifts!!! They are not for aging lips!! I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Ski4Life

I'd heard a lot about these lip butters and when I saw them recently in my local cvs, I just had to buy one. I bought sweet tart, and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It looks amazing with my skin tone and makes my lips look gorgeous, plump and healthy. My only complaints are that it doesn't moisturize as much as I was hoping (but it does moisturize more than a lipstick while still giving great pigmentation) and that it really doesn't come with that much product, and being a teenager with minimal money to spend, found it kind of pricy. When i bought the maybelline baby lips I was so surprised with how much product you got for the price, this, not so much. I also really like the packaging, it reminds me a lot of more high end products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these and now have all 20!! I'll provide descriptions of each below. They wear quite well for a sheer lipstick (about 4 hours on me) and aren't drying at all. Some are as pigmented as a lipstick and some are more sheer. I'll note that below also. They were roughly $7.49 a piece which is not bad for the quality (and Revlon is on sale often).

*COLOR DESCRIPTIONS*
REDS
-Red Velvet- pigmented deep, almost burgundy red
-Candy Apple- pigmented warm red; very wearable
-Cherry Tart- pigmented bright, cool toned pinky-red

PLUMS/BERRIES/PURPLES
-Fig Jam- pigmented brownish berry
-Sugar Plum- pigmented mauve-y plum pink
-Raspberry Pie- the most pigmented of all the butters; bright magenta
-Berry Smoothie- pigmented wearable MLBB pink-berry; has some shimmer
-Gumdrop- sheer cool lavender; has some shimmer

PINKS
-Lollipop- pigmented bright, cool purple-y pink
-Pink Truffle- pigmented MLBB pink-y brown
-Sweet Tart- pigmented bright salmon pink
-Cotton Candy- sheer light, cool pink
-Strawberry Shortcake- sheer and slightly brighter and warmer than Cotton Candy; has some shimmer
-Cupcake- sheer cool baby pink
-Sugar Frosting- sheer pale icy pink/nude; has some shimmer

PEACHES/CORALS
-Tutti Fruitti- pigmented neon orange/coral
-Peach Parfait- pigmented wearable golden peach; has some shimmer
-Creamsicle- sheer pale peach/nude

NUDES
-Creme Brulee- sheer brown nude; has some shimmer
-Brown Sugar- sheer brown nude, slightly darker than Creme Brulee; has some shimmer

111 out of 115 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the colour Strawberry Shortcake, witch is a wearable everyday pink. I am in love with these lip butters and I want to get more. They are basically like a really moisturierizing lipstick. These lip butters are super pigmented witch is unexpected for a lip butter. I like the fact that these come in a tube rather than a pot because they are easier to apply. These do moistureize your lips but not a ton. This does not sink into the craks on my lips and it looks so glossy on. But one of these did break on me and I was not pressing hard so that sucks. They sell these in 20 different colours so it should be easy to find colour you like. These do not have a distinct scent but it would be nice if they smelled good. Overall I do like these lip butters and I would reccomend them. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

Finally these came to Canada! Oh man, when I saw the stand at my local Shoppers, I was ecstatic! I wanted to buy them all, but too bad a lot of them were sold out, so I just bought Sweet Tart. Very moisturizing, doesn't accentuate dryness, sheer upon applicaion (I can use even use this colour for everyday) and it's beautiful to look at. I'm definitely buying more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Got the sugar plum lip butter- wanted to try out these lipbutters because of all the hype. It is nice and "buttery" feeling on my lips but the color is not that impressive and i dont particularly like the packaging either. I will stick to my tarte lipsurgences and fresh sugar lip balms instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I decided to try this, but I found that the Lolipop color is really bright, but the other colors I have are really nice. I think the Candy Apple is a nice red, and the Brown Sugar is a nice brownish nude. I plan to try other colors as well, since this is a nice product to wear in cold weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by kamunq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I absolutely love these lip butters! They are the best drugstore lipsticks I have ever tried. I live in Canada and I purchased these lip butters at my local Walmart for $7.97 each. These lip butters apparently come in 20 different shades, except a lot of the colors were sold out and my selection was limited. I originally wanted to get Peach Parfait because I heard it's a lot of people's favourite and a really good everyday color. Unfortunately this color was unavailable, so I purchased these 3 other colors instead. The 3 colors I purchased were Cherry Tart, Pink truffle, and Berry Smoothie.
I have extremely dry lips, especially in the winter months. Many of the lipsticks I own essentuate the dryness and flakiness of my lips. These lip butters on the other hand glide on smoothly and do not settle in the lip lines or dry out my lips. Though Revlon has claimed these lip butters are like lip balms I wouldn't say they are as moisturizing as lip balms, because my lips are still dry at the end of the day. The color of the lip butters are a little sheer upon application, but is very buildable to be a more opaque color.

Here is a description of each of the colors I own:
Cherry Tart - A red with a little bit of shimmer. I was hesitant of puchasing this because I never wear reds. It is a good starter red as I can build it up to my liking.
Pink truffle - Just like the name, it is a brownish pink. When applied on my lips, it shows up more as a pink. This is definitely a MLBB color. A really good everyday color.
Berry Smoothie - A berry pink with a little bit of shimmer. Also a very beautiful color that can be worn everyday because it isn't too bright.

Overall the product itself is great. The only complaint is the lids are a little difficult to open and one of them even started to crack. Not a huge problem considering the product itself is wonderful. Definitely planning on buying more of these in different colors.