November 22, 2014 | 1926 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ujinyoon

nuts. I hoped that this would be a good moisturizer/ make up remover. It stings my face, leaves it red and sensitive and flakey. I accidently put dabbed some on my lips while moisturizing the skin around it, and my lips felt very dry and flakey within 30 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by sonaliagrawal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use jojoba oil as a pre-cleanser. I do not use it as a moisturizer.
I use an SPF50 photostable sunscreen on a daily basis under my foundation, so to make sure I take it off well at night I do need a good oil based removal. I tried this from Trader Joe's based on reviews on the skincare board (thanks!). I love how it loosens up my sunscreen and makeup so well.
I have transferred it into a 2oz empty squirt bottle and spray 5-6 pumps into my palm, and rub it in with both hands into my dry face - also rub it onto my eyelids to take any waterproof eyeliner or mascara out, and on my lips too. Then I wash my hands with soap, and swipe off the excess oil from my face with a cotton pad. Then I cleanse with my regular cream cleanser (Clean and clear deep penetrating cream cleanser) twice to take it all off.

Have repurchased it at least 3-4 times so far already from Trader Joe's.

Edit 1/18/2008: Lately I have been using this in the following way - rub it into my dry skin as usual, then use a washcloth soaked in warm water and gently wipe my face off. Then I cleanse only once using my regular cleanser. This routine is working well so far as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by luv2luvu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i wanted to test this product for a while before i wrote a review. well, it's been about 2 months and i am pretty much in love with jojoba oil. it is my favorite thing to remove makeup with as it gets EVERY last trace off. i use it as a facial cleanser and apply it with dampened cotton pads, then massage into my face to kind of exfoliate and remove makeup at the same time. finally, i rinse with water. i have not experienced any breakouts from this and am VERY clog- and acne-prone; in fact if anything, my skin has cleared up since using this because it removes makeup that was probably left behind on my skin before i started using this. i buy this at trader joe's for 6.99, and a bottle lasts me 2-3 weeks (i use it twice a day). this is definitely my highest HG of anything i've discovered on MUA, and i can see myself continuing to use this far into the future.
oh and p.s.! somehow regular use of jojoba oil has made my skin LESS oily. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by firewoman450

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the moisturizer I use when my sensitive skin is acting up and won't tolerate anything else. Great stuff and I found about it on MUA. I agree with the reviewer that the container is not so great, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:12:00 AM More reviews by jlau621

This has been doing wonders for my acne-prone skin! My skin is pretty clear nowadays (thanks to the DK bp gel....check my review on that)but was definitely needing some helping with the fine lines creeping up, flakiness, and oiliness. This oil took care of all those things and my skin has never looked better! I was absolutely astonished as to how well it controls oil??? Puzzling at first to me, how that could be, but my very oil t-zone is now only moderately oily--love it!!!

*Edit* After awhile my skin became really dry and also attributed to some breakouts. No longer use this product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by dianaschu

I started using it a couple of months ago and now I can't live without it. I use it under my night moisturizer in winter for extra moisture boost, under my sunscreen during daytime, on my hair as a mask before washing it and after washing just a tiny bit on the tips of my hair. I love it! Oh, and also I use it to take waterproof mascara off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bex9

I like this to use at night only. I use Retin-A micro every other day and love love love what it has done for my skin... except for the insane peeling. Its weird peeling too, like it doesnt really seem that dry or anything, it just peels.
The problem with this is it leads me to scrub and exfoiliate the sh*t out of my face, which DOES leave it red and dry and sore. And normally Cliniques dramatically diff moist GEL is an uber HG for me, but now at night I want bit more moisture. I would have never thought of this oil if not for this site, but am glad to have found it because it does really really moisturize me just like I need and Im so happy that it doesnt interfer with the retin-A at all and doesnt break me out- however I dont recommend it under makeup b/c I found it lead to many clogged pores for whatever reason. But thats ok, I love my clinique DDMGel for the day under makeup and this is just awesome for a night treatment. And talk about cheap! A bottle last forever. Just dampin fingers and massage into skin. Yay. Thanks makeupalley! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS stuff. I use it for so many different things...

-As a scalp treatment in the winter (I get really bad flakes and I hate them smell of Dandruff shampoos). Just add a decent amount to dry hair and massage in to the scalp (for a extra bonus put a shower cap on and use your blow dryer for 5 minutes to get it really warm).

- As a night treatment for my face. I have sensitive breakout prone skin, so I need the hydration but not the pore clogging stuff. Use three- to four drops of Jojoba oil and one drop of Tea Tree Oil, massage into makeup free skin and sleep with it on.

Definitely great stuff and you can find it everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by lorenamaria

Got this as a night moisturizer and I love it! I have normal/combo acne prone, slightly sensitive skin and this is working as a dream for me. I use like I read on hear, apply on a wet face with wet hands using soft patting motions. So far it works great! I use three drops of this mixed with one drop of tea tree oil and in the morning my face is radiant, my acne is cleared up and I'm just left happy. Wouldn't use this in the day but its a fab night treatment and I would highly recommend this to anyone with any skin type since its simple and just good for your skin. One thing I hate.....the packaging! Highly recommend buying a dropper to apply this.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Talking about being pissed off with a product... My story: Finally, after a few years of having problematic skin (oily but dry, sensitive and blotchy) things were going fine again and my skin was looking very great and flawless. Stupid, STUPID me wanted to add a very little extra bit of moisture to my face, so I applied some jojoba oil before going to bed. I wondered this oil could never be irritating or anything, because it's supposed to be so natural and skin-sebum-alike... How WRONG was I!!! The next morning my face looked very angry, irritated and blotchy, with many red bumps on my chin-area mainly. I hoped, prayed and begged this was just an off-day and it would all disappear quickly, but not a chance. Two days later, skin still looks irritated and some bumps became whiteheads and worse.. I hate what this did to my poor face, and it won't be a surprise I'm NOT recommending it! But, based on the majority of the other reviews here, for many people it IS worth to give it a try... Just don't get your hopes too high.