April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by hisbabydoll

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I wanted to love this!! It's just okay...I love Falsies, but this...*sigh.* It didn't seem to grab my lashes like it claims to...it felt like it just ran over them without grabbing them to truly separate them as much as I thought it would. It is the brush, which I really thought I would like. I have long eyelashes but they aren't very thick...this just didn't do much for me. It helps a little, and I use it to separate after I use Falsies, and it does work then, so it has a purpose, just not as a main mascara. I also wouldn't use it on my lower lashes...I use a CoverGirl mascara for that. I said that I wouldn't purchase it again, but there isn't a "maybe" option. I would possibly purchase to use after a different mascara or as a general base before my more dramatic one. I will use it until it is gone. I don't like to waste products.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by violetlite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

eh. i'm not impressed. this mascara is fine, but there is no reason to settle for fine when there are actual good ones out there in the same price range (ie l'oreal million lashes.)

the brush is cool and it is true that it separates the lashes. one coat gives you decent, natural looking lashes. usually i want big, fluffy lashes, so that's the first problem. once i start to layer this mascara, it gets a little chunky-looking at the tips of the lashes. i have to comb off the chunks, leaving my lashes back at their original length. no fun.
secondly, it flakes. boo.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by michyg

Hmm.. well i had some high hopes for this because it has been compared to my beloved LashBlast by CG and I'm always up to trying new mascaras so I got on the bandwagon with this one. There are goods and bads. It makes my lashes look OK... like they look nice but not the best I've seen. The brush is easy to use and the tube is beauuutiful. Unfortunately, this flakes like crazy. Its difficult to apply the second coat without clumping as well. I wouldn't buy it again because of the flaking for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by miamisparkle

First off I only bought this because I was impressed by the pretty coral tube. It goes on nicely but this mascara flakes off so bad! I've never had this problem before, i notice it under my eyes a couple hrs after i put it on and after 8 hrs of wear omg I look scary. I will never buy this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised how much I like this. Usually I'm not impressed with Maybelline mascaras. I agree that it does have a Rose smell, but I actually like it. I like the brush more than Lash Blast, and it does seem to define each lash, one by one! Cute colors on the tube too!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

This mascara did not go on my lashes easily - not buildable - another bad Maybelline mascara goingh in the trash!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by echarper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascarra! I have short lashes that need a lot of help! I bought this brand in the water proof (it helps hold the curl of my lashes better) and it truly emphasizes every lash! I have tried probably every mascarra on the market ( I am also a make-up artist) and for the price I was very impressed! I will buy this one again for sure!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by NikkiatMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, I'm not really impressed with this mascara. I have the non-waterproof version, and I can only use it on my top lashes or it flakes horribly. I don't find it really volumizes lashes and even with all the bristles on the brush, I still get little clumps at the tip of my eyelashes. So its an average mascara, but what I can't stand is the smell. It has a strong rose scent, and because the formula is really wet, it takes a while for it to dry and the smell never really seems to go away. I will not be repurchasing.

Edit: I've stopped using this as it made my lashes kind of crispy and they started to fall out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tela096

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this, it somewhat reminds me of Covergirl Lashblast (in my case that's good since CG Lashblast is my holy grail). The product claims to give "bold & refined volume". I will agree that my lashes definitely look more defined but as for bold, I don't see it. This mascara gives off a more natural look vs dramatic. I get a good amount of length, nothing too crazy and because its a plastic brush, the application comes on more smooth and less clumpy & I had no clumps at all using this. For a quick rundown this is what I have so far in pros/cons:

PROS:
- No clumping
- Holds a curl (I am using the waterproof version)
- defines my lashes

CONS:
- Opposite of bold volume as the product claims; if you've tried The Falsies, you'll like that more for pigmentation because this isn't as dark
- Has a slight smell
- If you want dramatic lashes, this might not be for you

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hands down, by far the best drugstore mascara I have tried. I even like it better than some of my expensive mascaras. I have pretty decent lashes, but they are light and sometimes they go all which ways. I also have a tendency to smudge it on my eyelid. I have full control over the wand, it lifts and curls, it does not irritate my eyes or contacts and the product isn't watery, leaving a ton of it on the brush. I love this mascara and I intend to buy it again.