August 22, 2014 | 1993 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

This gave a nice powder good coverage finish. I would have liked if there was more yellow in this foundation. but chanel isn't exactly geared to Asian or yellow skin tones. I am neutral but I think this had more pink in it. You could tell I was wearing make up but I looked nice, just a little pale. I would wear this going out but not for everyday because it isn't my personality too look so done up. I like looking natural and radiant. I didn't get too oily in this too, but I felt a little dull in this foundation. My friend who is a shade lighter is in love with it though, so its really your make up philosophy that makes or breaks the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupchic70

I've tried almost everything from drugstore brands to brand names & I'm not saying (yet) that this is the best one. The main reason I purchased this is I want to wear a sort of lighter & go for a more natural look. With the shade that I got (B40), it still looks that I have makeup on (of course) but with the smooth & dewy finish & medium coverage. The reason why I gave it a 3 is because like any other foundation, with my Asian/combo (normal/oily skin), I get the shiny/oily look in a just a few hours. I'm not ready to give up (yet) on this one, I may try to MUFE HD powder with it & see if it will look better after a few hours. One more thing, don't squeeze the container so much, you don't need to do that unless you want a mess & waste a lot of product. I will update this review in a week or two, by then I should know how I really feel about it.
UPDATE: IMHO, it's not any better that TM's I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by AddictionisMakeup

First of all I bought vitalumiere aqua because on the beautiful lads of pixiwoo it looked dewy on nic so I was like "oh gosh I have to buy it" because of the fact that I like a dewy finish so I went to my nearby Chanel counter the lady color matched me perfectly but for some reason the vitalumiere aqua looked semi matte which I didn't like but I thought to myself maybe it's the powder she last used. So... I used it the following day as well as the next and I noticed it still gave me a semi matte finish. I have combination skin my everything is normal to dry except my nose, my nose can get somewhat oily it's nothing major at all. I just expected the same results pixiwoo got but oh well I'm going to continue using it because it feels like nothings there I just wish it'd be a dewy finish on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Juyaya

For me, the natural look is my ultimate goal. I want something that will make my skin look beautiful without the whitish cast or caky feel. I have tried at least 5 or 6 different brands of BBcream, plus RMK and Paul & Joe foundations. While none of them were bad, this, I have to say, is the best. The color looks completely natural even under bright sun light. My acne scars are faded out and my skin is even toned. There is even a very natural glow to it. Not the kind that's pearly or shimmering, but an innate glow. The texture is like a milky cream that glides on. The feel is also very light, almost non-existent. The only complain I have is it leaves powery dust on my cell phone. Be sure to get color matched at a Channel counter and exam the color under different lights. Also make sure to wear moisturizer and sunscreen underneath.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by floz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was ready to love this foundation based on the enthusiastic reviews, the handy travel-friendly packaging, and the fact that application with fingers is encouraged (my preferred application method)... Sadly it is not right for me at all.

Upon initial application the lovely creamy texture blends like a dream, and the natural-looking coverage is just enough to cover flaws and redness. However, after only 3-4 hours it looks catastrophic. I have tried and tried with different primers, with a TM over the top, with powder... Nothing helps.

My super dry T-zone becomes oily (absolutely unheard of!) and everywhere else looks like a dry and cakey red mess. It seems to collect in certain areas creating odd powdery-looking patches.The end result looks worse than wearing no foundation, which is not a problem I've ever had with other Chanel foundations (or any other to be honest).

My skin is very dry, quite sensitive, has red areas and can sometimes break out - if this sounds like your skin then make sure you sample before buying!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so excited when I heard about this foundation, especially that it would have pink-toned shades. I found that Chanel shades in every other foundation formulation were just too yellow for me, or the lightest shades that were pink were too light. I am around NW20 in MAC, and the Chanel MA matched me with BR10 in VA. Color match was great, felt like nothing on skin, and the MA was nice enough to give me a sample to try it at home. I got about 3 days out of the blister pack sample and liked it enough to buy a full bottle. After wearing it for a few more days, I noticed that towards the end of the day my cheeks started feeling tight, like the alcohol in the foundation was sucking all the moisture out of my skin. I have combo skin but my cheeks aren't normally oily. I wear a thick moisturizer - Eucerin Q10 Sensitive Skin Creme - so I felt that should have taken care of the dryness. After 2 weeks of battling the dryness I returned VA, I couldn't take it. There was an alcoholy-floral scent to it, but I found it disappeared quickly and was not a dealbreaker for me.

Overall, I did like the color match and feel of this foundation on skin - felt like nothing but had nice coverage. If you have dry or sensitive skin I would steer clear due to the high alcohol content. Some combo-skinned folks will wear this without any problems, I am not one of them. I guess Chanel foundations and I are not meant to be.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes this looks like skin when you apply a patch to skin on the back of your hand. Wonderful. That is where the praise ends for me. The overall effect when applied to the face is not like good skin. For some reason I look drained.

First of all - the SPF 15 - I already wear a high factor sunblock with a high PPD everyday. The SP15 with zero stated UVA/PPD rating in this foundation doesn't offer the wearer any promise of UVA protection (the A rays are the ageing ones) so what is the point of having it if it gives a white cast and makes me look utterly washed out and tired? The beige 03 shade looked like a very good match for my complexion but the effect is just tired and lacklustre. Zero luminosity, nothing youthful,no endurance, just as though I've had 4 hours sleep less than I actually have.

I feel annoyed that they have discontinued the Vitalumiere cream (the one in the tub) that had the consistency of a gel/cream that sat well on my oily skin and gave me a wonderful glow and looked real if applied sparingly. I would pay double for that over this watery/alcohol drying dud. I can't wait to wash it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by liteenie

This is a great day-to-day foundation. It provides light coverage and evens out your skin tone while giving you a bit of a glow. I wouldn't use this for a night time look, but I love this for daily wear. Some tips for application: shake very very very very well, use your fingers to apply for best finish, if you have dry skin then don't set with powder over the dry areas as it will accentuate those areas. If you like more coverage, then I don't recommend this foundation. If you want something light, then this foundation is excellent. For reference, I am MAC NC30 in Studio Fix Fluid, #127 in MUFE HD and Vitalumiere Aqua's B30 is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new favourite foundation. I used to use either Chanel Vitalumiere in 10 Limpide or Chanel Teint Innocence in 20 Clair (which is a touch too dark for me) so I purchased Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 which is a perfect match for my super fair skin.

It glides on effortlessly and leaves behind a velvety finish and just makes my skin glow. It looks so perfect and healthy and the best thing for me is I can't feel it on my skin at all, it is so lightweight, yet has great coverage and lasts all day.

The bottle is small and resembles the UV Essentiel which I think this foundation also smells like. I don't have a problem with the scent but I can understand that those who are sensitive to scent may find it overpowering.

To sum up, for me it is expensive but worth every penny, it is my favourite base so far and I have tried a lot over the years!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bcb1107

Overall, I was quite pleasantly surprised by this foundation.

I was very impressed by how well it covers without looking heavy (I was afraid it'd be too sheer)! I have a couple acne scars that are hard to hide, and VA nearly covered them completely even without using a concealer. And I didn't really layer it on my problem areas.

Seems to wear well - does not make me oily later in the day and does not slide off by lunchtime.

Color range looks pretty good, so I think most people will be able to find a good match. I "test drove" B10 (I normally wear Pro Lumiere in Nude). B10 matched me well, but I think Nude is just a *slightly* closer match. You do have to shake it well each time you use it, as I hear it's prone to separating.

Pricewise, it's a bargain as far as Chanel foundations are concerned. It's almost $10 cheaper than their others...not sure if there is a big difference in the amount that you get in the bottle however, so you'll want to verify that. I was using a sample and can't speak to how long the bottle will last you.

Only negative to this foundation for me is the scent. It has that same strong (to me at least) floral scent that is found in most Chanel skincare products. While I think the scent is nice, I don't want it to linger more than a few minutes because it can become sickeningly sweet to me. I could still smell it 3 hours after applying.

If you have a sensitive nose, you will want to proceed with caution and try before you buy. If the scent doesn't bother you, by all means go out and get it!