August 2, 2014 | 1337 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes this looks like skin when you apply a patch to skin on the back of your hand. Wonderful. That is where the praise ends for me. The overall effect when applied to the face is not like good skin. For some reason I look drained.

First of all - the SPF 15 - I already wear a high factor sunblock with a high PPD everyday. The SP15 with zero stated UVA/PPD rating in this foundation doesn't offer the wearer any promise of UVA protection (the A rays are the ageing ones) so what is the point of having it if it gives a white cast and makes me look utterly washed out and tired? The beige 03 shade looked like a very good match for my complexion but the effect is just tired and lacklustre. Zero luminosity, nothing youthful,no endurance, just as though I've had 4 hours sleep less than I actually have.

I feel annoyed that they have discontinued the Vitalumiere cream (the one in the tub) that had the consistency of a gel/cream that sat well on my oily skin and gave me a wonderful glow and looked real if applied sparingly. I would pay double for that over this watery/alcohol drying dud. I can't wait to wash it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by liteenie

This is a great day-to-day foundation. It provides light coverage and evens out your skin tone while giving you a bit of a glow. I wouldn't use this for a night time look, but I love this for daily wear. Some tips for application: shake very very very very well, use your fingers to apply for best finish, if you have dry skin then don't set with powder over the dry areas as it will accentuate those areas. If you like more coverage, then I don't recommend this foundation. If you want something light, then this foundation is excellent. For reference, I am MAC NC30 in Studio Fix Fluid, #127 in MUFE HD and Vitalumiere Aqua's B30 is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my new favourite foundation. I used to use either Chanel Vitalumiere in 10 Limpide or Chanel Teint Innocence in 20 Clair (which is a touch too dark for me) so I purchased Vitalumiere Aqua in B10 which is a perfect match for my super fair skin.

It glides on effortlessly and leaves behind a velvety finish and just makes my skin glow. It looks so perfect and healthy and the best thing for me is I can't feel it on my skin at all, it is so lightweight, yet has great coverage and lasts all day.

The bottle is small and resembles the UV Essentiel which I think this foundation also smells like. I don't have a problem with the scent but I can understand that those who are sensitive to scent may find it overpowering.

To sum up, for me it is expensive but worth every penny, it is my favourite base so far and I have tried a lot over the years!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bcb1107

Overall, I was quite pleasantly surprised by this foundation.

I was very impressed by how well it covers without looking heavy (I was afraid it'd be too sheer)! I have a couple acne scars that are hard to hide, and VA nearly covered them completely even without using a concealer. And I didn't really layer it on my problem areas.

Seems to wear well - does not make me oily later in the day and does not slide off by lunchtime.

Color range looks pretty good, so I think most people will be able to find a good match. I "test drove" B10 (I normally wear Pro Lumiere in Nude). B10 matched me well, but I think Nude is just a *slightly* closer match. You do have to shake it well each time you use it, as I hear it's prone to separating.

Pricewise, it's a bargain as far as Chanel foundations are concerned. It's almost $10 cheaper than their others...not sure if there is a big difference in the amount that you get in the bottle however, so you'll want to verify that. I was using a sample and can't speak to how long the bottle will last you.

Only negative to this foundation for me is the scent. It has that same strong (to me at least) floral scent that is found in most Chanel skincare products. While I think the scent is nice, I don't want it to linger more than a few minutes because it can become sickeningly sweet to me. I could still smell it 3 hours after applying.

If you have a sensitive nose, you will want to proceed with caution and try before you buy. If the scent doesn't bother you, by all means go out and get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by ranniie

This is the best foundation I've ever tried, and I've tried a heck of a lot. Its coverage can be taken from light/medium to full with layering, but it doesn't even make you look like you're wearing foundation! When I started wearing this, I got compliments on how much my skin was glowing that day, due to its dewy finish. It stays on all day, as long as you use a water-based moisturiser, and covers blemishes without the need of a concealer.
I'm not so crazy about the really expensive price (it's expensive, even for a top-end foundation - of which I own several), but I know I'll be repurchasing since no other foundation comes close to this one in my view.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by heather28

This foundation has a lovely light texture (almost like a gel), but it offers more than light coverage--I would say it is light-medium and can be layered to medium. It offers a beautiful finish and I really do like the way my skin looks in it. It is a satin finish that leans toward matte. I would say this offers a good 6-8 hours of wear. Because I live in the south and have oily skin, this will not work for summer months, but I love it for early spring, winter and fall. I have not experienced any breakouts from this foundation. It is heavily fragranced, so I would not recommend for very sensitive skin. I am nc-15 to nw 20 and B10 is a very good match. I would say this is a fairly unique foundation in that it looks incredibly natural, but also offers coverage and some longevity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by camjauregui09

Ok, this foundation is WONDERFUL.I'm an NC25 and i got the shade BR20. I have Beige Rose because it was the only one avaliable, tough i'm warm-toned this is from the cool-toned range because i read a lot of reviews saying hat de BR oxidaze very easily. So i take the risk and bougth it and i'm so glad i did!.
at first when i put it on it look a little weird because doesn't match me perfectly but then the color change and it matchs wonderfully.
The only reason that i'm not giving thins foundation 5 lippies is because sometimes my t-zone get a little bit oily but with my combination skin that nothing weird.

I think this foundation is totally worth the money and i love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This was my first time trying a Chanel foundation. While it's not HG material, I don't hate it either. It's a good everyday foundation because it's lightweight and contains SPF, but I don't like it enough to spend money on it (I've been using samples for the past week).

Pros:
- Natural looking finish - evens out skin without appearing cakey
- Long lasting and doesn't break apart on my skin as the day wears on, even without a primer
- Did not cause any allergic reactions or breakouts (yet)
- Good color match (I wore B30)

Cons:
- Scent - smells soapy/powdery. Isn't too strong, but still noticeable throughout the day.
- Gets shiny mid-day on my combo skin
- Has a whitish cast in photographs due to the sunscreen.
- Price

For reference, I wore B30 and my other color matches are: MAC NC30, NARS Budapest/Punjab, Shiseido Ochre 20, Shu Uemura Nobara 954, Becca LSC in Camel, BE 1.2-2.0 light, EM Winged Butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by elizabetch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am SO happy I tried this foundation. I have somewhat problematic skin - acne prone, so I have some marks that I like to cover. My goal with foundation is not to conceal every flaw - I don't have perfect skin, and I feel like when people try to fake it too much, it looks overdone and cakey. I'm really self conscious about visible skin make up! What i want out of foundation is to even out my skin, so I can use a bit of concealer on other spots (less overall make up on my face!) I hope I make sense so far.

This foundation is super easy and fast to apply. Shake shake shake, then apply like a moisturizer with fingers, or use a brush (similar results, but less wasted product with fingers). I LOVE the results - I've been using it for a few weeks and I find it lasts without primer, I just set with translucent powder in my t-zone. It leaves a pretty finish that's much less shiny than Vitalumiere, but not completely matte. It's so natural - people can't detect it on my face, it blends so perfectly.

I was matched to BR10 - a bit scary pink compared to other foundations, but works perfectly on my winter skin tone. I have not found it to oxidize to a different colour, which I have heard from other reviews on youtube. Also, it doesn't settle into pores, make my skin feel tight (I moisturize lightly before using any powders or foundations), break me out or dry me out - other common complaints. There is no universal product i guess! I'm just so glad it works for me - it's absolutely perfect for my skin (which can get oily in the day, but not too much now that I'm out of my teens!) At $48CAD, this product is 100% worth it for me.

I also LOVE the packaging - so compact compared to other 1 ounce foundation bottles. So it's light and portable too :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

So I am not super-impressed with this foundation. I was matched to the B20 beige color and got a few samples of this. From far away result looks pretty good. but if you look close us you can see the foundation settling into pores a bit. This is not a "bad" foundation, but certainly not any kind of HG for me. I do like the amount of coverage however, I guess light to medium. And as far as the feel of the foundation, it feels pretty light on skin - which is important for me. So if this looked the way I wanted it to on my skin than it would probably be pretty great, but its not quite there! UPDATE: I just tried one of my other samples of this and it looks awful, like caked on my skin. No thanks, chanel!