August 23, 2014 | 928 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This liquid is a matte finish. It comes in an easy pump bottle, but isn't the easiest to spread. Most long wearing mattes really don't have the slip to spread easily so I don't mind. I just haven't mastered it and tend to have thicker areas of coverage. It definitely stays matte all day even in my t-zone, but I wouldn't say that it stays put and fresh looking. By the end of my 7 hour day, my tzone does not look oily, but patchy. None of the colors were neutral enough, so when the ingredients rise with dehydration and oil, you can see the yellow undertones of the foundation and some pooling in my tzone area. I have NC15. The next one up was too dark. Mac should have mastered neutral undertones by now. You can see the brown (beige) undertone of a good neutral tone on white tissue even in the lightest shades and the few I tested from this line were all obvious yellow. It does exacerbate fine lines by the end of the day. I hate to be contradictory since I am looking for something that won't succumb to oil, but older sun damaged skin is going to lose water during the day and the mattifier in this gives me a crinkly look. If you don't have fine lines or mind seeing them and have true pale yellow undertones, this is for you. It isn't all that expensive. I paid $32 and got a nice size bottle for my money. ps..does have UVA blocking titanium at 4%, but spf 10 really isn't going to do much so wear your UVA block underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by MacGirl22

I am not that happy with this product. The staying power is amazing and it controls my shine throughout the day, but it emphasizes dryness in some areas of my face, and it sinks into my pores after a few hours even though I use primer (Mac prep+prime with SPF 50). I will probably go back to SFF after this because that one did not sink into my pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by ladeedatiffany

I love LOVE this foundation! It's nearly HG status. I love how it makes my skin look flawless and looking like real skin. It dries to a very natrual finish not completely matte or dewy. I love how natural it looks. My boyfried doesn't like foundation on me but he can barely tell when I wear this. It lasts all day for me and I only have to blot once throughout the day. With other foundations I usually have to blot 2-3 times but not with this foundation. I wear NC20. It might be a little yellow for a lot of people but its perfect for me because my asian skin is really yellow. The color match is soooo perfect for me and I love it. The only reason its not totally HG is because I think it makes my skin a little dry. But I don't mind that much because I have extremely oily skin. I just have to make sure I don't wear it for more than 3 days consistently. I have a lot of foundations so I don't mind switching it up. I will definitely be buying this again. I hate all the other MAC foundations but this, I love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lucy44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Game over. HG. Finally, I got what I was looking for. My skin is a little blotchy, and this gives me the coverage I need, but lets enough of "the real me" peak through.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I had this fdn in NC 35, I can go from NC 30 to NC 40 depending on the season. I got it in the pro shop which started selling this a week before its formal launch.
I was in love with the concealer immediately, but as for this fdn, I couldn't put my hand on it, simply put, I don't like it.
To begin with, the colour is too yellow, even for my skin, secondly, it doesn't "behave" like other foundations. I used it over moisturizer, over silicone primer, overall it doesn't improve on the appearance of the skin.
Then I watch Goss on you-tube, he had it right on the spot, this is more like a "stain" for the skin.
So, $40 went to waste, rarely a Mac product I am not happy with, I will keep it as a reminder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by winkcity09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i absolutely am in LOVE with this product. i am have oily, acne prone skin so trying out different foundations can be difficult. i also am a nursing student, so i need a product that will stay on for long hours and won't require much touch up. it does remind me of revlon color stay (which i love too), and these colors run a little darker than the mac studio fix liquid foundations, which works for me. my color is an NC 44 but the prolong foundation i'm an NC45 which is dead on color match to me. it does stay on for hours on end, from the beginning of my clinical shift till the end (8hr span). all i'd have to do is just blot my face, but it has a matifying effect to it, so i just blot maybe once or twice. awesome product! highly suggest for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by mayakov

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have several foundations from MAC, and I can honestly say that this is hands down my favourite (so far!). It has great wear, and really does make a difference throughout the day in terms of oil production. I have very fair skin, and bought the NW20. This was a mistake, it is not overly dark, but I have to blend a ton to make it appear smooth with my neck. I am hoping to purchase the NW15 soon! I have combination dry skin, with occasional oil in my t-zone, and after using this foundation for a few weeks, I find it is a miracle worker!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by iamcrayon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the foundation I've been searching for (Holy Grail status!) I have horrible oily skin. Every primer, foundation, moisturizer that I've tried with anti shine has NEVER worked for me and my oily skin. I was honestly scared to try this product because I've heard the 'MAC foundations break people out' and a break out is the last thing anyone wants. And my luck with the studio fix powder just did not work for me. But I decided to take the chance and jump the gun. Best makeup foundation decision by far. I've tried Makeup Forever HD, Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Plus (I wanted to love this so badly), Revlon Colorstay and all continued to make me even more oily.

Please be aware that I am a college student and most of my time is spent indoors in air conditioning. So I won't oil up as fast as I would in the sun.

PROs:
-I applied the foundation at 5AM and it's now 5PM (with some minutes to spare) and i'm still shine free.
-Pump is included.
-Pump is easy to control (some harder/easierthan most)
-It has SPF!
-No need for touch ups with MAC blot powder and blotting papers
-Light weight

CONs:
-Color selection isn't like the the regular MAC color selection (No NC43, had to go to a NC45)
-I did see some cakey-ness on my forehead but that's a human error.
-Dries super fast and gets hard to blend out.

Overall, I'd repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by opodeldok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am NC15, have a combination acne prone skin with acne scaring so I do require full coverage.

Pluses:
1. Full coverage, covers my acne scars but I use L'Oreal Primer first, which makes a HUGE difference!!! Without my primer I wouldn't achieve the same smooth base
2. Very long lasting power exactly as it says
3. Colour NC15 matches my skin colour perfectly
4. Allows me to skip powder! Yay :-) Leaves my skin looking matte all day even with no setting it with powder.

Minuses:
1. Relatively thick consistency, can be hard to blend and work into the skin. I use my MAC 187 for initial application but after that I have to switch to a firmer and denser brush to really buff it in and create smooth finish. Do you girls have any suggestions for a good brush to apply this with?
So my morning routine is a bit longer now as it really takes more time to work it in the skin. But it's worth it.

This foundation has made a huge difference in my confidence. My skin looks really good all day at work, don't need to touch it up at all.
I no longer feel self concious later in the day when my foudation usually used to slip off my face leaving my skin looking patchy and uneaven.

Girls, I do recommend this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bethbr00tality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation.

I first bought this when the Venomous Villians like came out. The girl accidently grabbed NW20 when she checked me out instead of NC20. It was obviously a little too pink. I took it back and when she put the NC20 on my face, it was just.. amazing.

People say it's a little yellow, but for me it's perfect. The little bit of yellow helps tone out the redness in my cheeks and around my nose. I love it.

I work at a tavern, and it stays on all night, despite the kitchen heat, sweating from running up and down the stairs, and touching my face a billion times in frustration. It still looks good when I get off of work and isn't really oily, despite my combination skin. The other other foundation I've had come close is my Rimmel Stay Matte, but it didn't have the staying power that this does.

All in all I love this foundation and I will be repurchasing.