December 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by suec76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I should have known better. I've tried several Mac foundations both powder and liquid and I always end up with bad skin. I thought maybe since this one was new the formula might be a bit different but alas, I was wrong. I wore it once, over my Nars primer, took it off at the end of the day and the next morning my face looked like hell.

I do like the bottle with the pump, it's great, it has good coverage, feels a bit tacky if not set with a powder and it did stay on really well all day long. Although I'm normally an NC30 my MUA matched me to NC25 on this one. I do not like the way it photographs one bit, but that might be because I'm used to my MUFE. All in all, it's a good foundation if Mac doesn't give you breakouts, mine is going back.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by frostyblondeweave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am NC 15 and this didn't work for me at all. Too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by orchid78mx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually mix one pump of NC42 and two pumps of NC40 in SFF to get the color I want, I am Latin so i have yellow tan undertones, very yellow, even though i was not happy with SFF because I am very oily and doesn't last alld ay, but I love the coverage and well are yellow based so it has been my best option, about this new foundation the NC42 is a little bit lighter than the SFF but has more orange on it, and the NC40 is more orange than the also than SFF, I did had to buy the 2 again to get a better match for my skin, but the NC40 is more orange than the SFF so i return it for the NC35 but still I did not get the color i wanted so now i am mixing the NC40 SFF with NC42 PL and the color is a better match for me like that, I will check the NC30 and see if is yellow enough to mix it with the NC42 :( this foundation is very mat and I love that !!! I don’t even need to set it with powder, it does last more than 8 hours, the SFF after 4 hours it was melting on my face and need it to powder, the coverage is less than the SFF fluid though :( but I still like it better because it last and is matte, probably will not be good for very dry skin or if you have any flaky skin from acne treatments or dry skin on pimples, it will make it look worse, overall I will buy it again until now it is the best foundation I have ever try and I try it allllll, Lancôme, estee lauder, MUFE, cover fx, dermablend, shiseido,chanel, agghhhh , so I am happy now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I've been an NC20 in Mac foundations for as long as I can remember (since 15?) and in this particular formula I am an NC25. I question now if I've been wearing too light a shade for so many years, and it oxidized to the right shade, or if my summer tan has lingered longer than usual. Anyway, it is the perfect balance of yellow to neutralize the somewhat rosey cheeks of my asian skin. I had previously been using Revlon Colorstay combo/oily forumla, mixing Buff and Sand Beige to get the perfect shade.

For background, I have combo skin (oily T-zone/dry to normal cheeks), with some fine lines on my forehead and eye area. This foundation applies evenly with no streaking whatsoever, and dries to a fresh-faced finish. I won't say dewy as it is more satin-like than that, but I won't say matte as it isn't neither. The finish always feels slightly tacky upon initial touch, but is more comfortable once topped with a setting powder. I like that this foundation allows my skin to show through and does not feel heavy at all. It does not settle into my fine lines nor does it emphasize any imperfections. It is long-wearing (though I have yet to try for 15 hours) and controls my oil well.

I really like the pump bottle and that I am able to have a bit of time when applying and there is no scent, unlike Revlon CS. I think it is a bit too expensive for the quantity of product given, but would re-purchase. I like the finish, and now prefer to wear this daily and use Revlon CS when I want a more matte finish or heavier coverage.

**I apply this with a damp sponge for light coverage and with a flat-top kabuki for medium coverage**

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by tgspearman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I am somewhat new to MAC but I've caught up very fast :-). I have several MSF powder and shadows, Studio Finish, and two eye pallets.

I have never had such a good experience with an liquid foundation and concealer. This works just as it says it will. Yes, I would prefer a non-glass container (the reason for the 4 rating). Yes, I had to get a lighter shade and it took a minute to find the correct shade but now that I have (NC45) I couldn't be more pleased! I don't really have to blot all day! I have oily skin and moisturize and I ware a primer and wonder how it will be without one; I may try it without one this weekend. I love it both the concealer and the foundation!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

so, i only tried a sample of this yet. i'm very careful when it comes to foundations because i have sensitive, very oily skin....i'm on my second application only using the sample size she gave me at the mac store, and i'm loving it! i'm an nc45 and at the moment i applied it, it looked kind of yellow on my skin, but after i blended out it matched my skintone perfectly. although i did not wear it for 15 hours (only 7h) i didnt get any oil or to much shine on my face, and i usually have to blot 2 or 3 times a day. one thing i notice with other foundations is that as the hours go by, my skin tends to get an orange weird color, with this one i kept the same color during the 7 hours i had it on my face. i'm thinking about buying this on christmas because it is kind of expensive

update: to bad that it broke me out on my chin, so i changed my rating. i did love the coverage and the colour match!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by FionaWade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. As an ex MAC employee, naturally I've tried all of MAC's foundations and have not been able to have any of them agree with me. I was very pleased when this one came out and I've had no issues with it! I can wear it all day, it doesn't even look like I have foundation on, it doesn't make me break out, and it covers any dark spots I need covered on my skin.

I wouldn't put this on anyone who is extremely dry, or anyone who needs coverage over their entire face, but for minor touch ups it's perfect. I'm also very pleased with the fact that I don't need to put any powder over it. In fact- I'd never put powder anywhere near this.

I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay maybe it's just because I cannot find any colors to match my face (no matter how many ways I mix the shades. WTF with the no NW15 thing? Especially when the NW20 is SO dark and pink), but once applied this foundation looks awful on me. I am wearing it right now in the early afternoon light and I am orangey and look cakey. Yet somehow I can still see all my sun damage and discoloration lurking underneath, they look like purply grey shadows, which makes my face look weirdly dirty. Also, I am noticing pores and wrinkles that I honestly never knew I had before, especially around my mouth, and if there was ever a product that was designed to tell me when it is time to bleach my 'stache, this is it. Honestly, I am almost laughing right now because this looks SO BAD on me. Anyway, I can see that on a lot of people (not pale people though) this would work out fine, but for me I find the color impossible to match, it looks and feels pretty dry, accentuates my pores and fine lines, and doesn't hide any of my acne scars, freckles or discoloration. Also not good on ladies with any kind of peach fuzz or facial hair. Too bad, the search goes on.......

PS- I like the concealer though, for spot coverage only.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation - and I never love foundations. Usually I hate them, and buy them begrudgingly when my skin starts to act up. And I wear them, and hate them the whole time - my face either looks like a mask, or the foundation is so sheer you can't even tell I've put anything on. But this foundation is really kind of amazing. It is mattifying, so if you have dry skin, pass on this one. It blends perfectly and easily into my skin, and does a really nice job of covering most of my skin imperfections. And, it lasts all day! How cool is that?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the past few weeks, everytime I signed onto MUA, I saw 5 star rating reviews for this. I HAD to try it when I read phrases such as "my search is finally over!!". I'm nc44 which this foundation doesn't come in. I got nc45 and immediately notice the colors were a bit off. When I first applied it, its indeed alottt more orange than usual but you've got to blend it well. My face was completely oil free for several hours which is amazing for me. Everything else is horrible about this foundation. It did not look natural at all on me, and I only used a pea sized amouth (literally) and blended with my 187. It looked very masky like if I had a ton of MU on especially when I put blush over it. And it made my face feel very tight, even though I have oily skin AND I moisturize well. The colors are weird on me, at first it blended well but left a grayish cast. Its really odd considering that all other mac foundations match me very well. Back to mac it goes.