July 25, 2014 | 1926 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bethbr00tality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation.

I first bought this when the Venomous Villians like came out. The girl accidently grabbed NW20 when she checked me out instead of NC20. It was obviously a little too pink. I took it back and when she put the NC20 on my face, it was just.. amazing.

People say it's a little yellow, but for me it's perfect. The little bit of yellow helps tone out the redness in my cheeks and around my nose. I love it.

I work at a tavern, and it stays on all night, despite the kitchen heat, sweating from running up and down the stairs, and touching my face a billion times in frustration. It still looks good when I get off of work and isn't really oily, despite my combination skin. The other other foundation I've had come close is my Rimmel Stay Matte, but it didn't have the staying power that this does.

All in all I love this foundation and I will be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For ladies with NC15 skin - Now i'm a bit of a rock chick, old goth... whatever. Anyway, i also embrace my scottish skintone, which is white with a bit of pale yellow thown in there for good measure. After finding MAC several years ago, i thought i'd hit the jackpot. Now? Not on your nelly! I'd love to know why MAC are suddenly making their foundations darker. It all started with studio fix, which seemed to be about one or two shades darker than SPF15, (which broke me out). Face and body made me look as though i was wearing butter on my face, as did the extremely hygenic studio stick *cough*. I'll spare you the rant on that one. The shades are inconsistent and having tried Revlon and Max Factor's long wearing foundations in my teens (which were either too dark or too pink), i really wanted to love this.
The formula is fantastic, it goes on beautifully and lasts amazingly well. The coverage is perfect, buildable and the finish is natural. At first i thought they had sent me an NC20 but not so. The search for a true lemon foundation continues!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

Generally I love MAC products, use several of their foundations, and so when the longwear line came out I purchased the foundation and the concealer. Used alone, I find the foundation to be a little runny with a slightly chalky consistency that doesn't feel that great on my skin. The coverage I find just adequate and frankly I don't find that it stays on any longer than any other good foundation I own. I now combine it with my Nars Sheer Glow or other MAC foundations to get a nice combination for my face, which works just fine but in terms of MAC it is far from my favorite foundation and I doubt I will purchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by chrisgecko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Slightly upscale version of Revlon Colorstay. I need moderate/full coverage, which it provides. The color (NW20) is great, though a bit darker than the same in StudioFix Liquid. I did find the feel slightly sticky, though as others have pointed out, a light dusting of powder eliminates this. On a side by side test with Colorstay this held up a bit better over time. I have oily skin and acne, and this has NOT clogged my pores or made any problems worse. Overall finish is very natural and not chalky, as are some transfer-resistant products. I would recommend this item to those with normal to very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by fatimh

About my skin :

Very sensitive ( usually to SPF), combination but a lot more oily than dry, reacts to everything whether bad or good. Usually bad. Indian skin, but not dark at all, NC 40.

Prior to using this foundation I was using a drugstore one by Almay which worked great until I realized it would wear off fast through out the day and also made my skin a bit dry. Then I tried makeup forever HD which sucked. After reading the reviews about pro longwear, I decided to sample it, my first mac foundation ever, loved it, and purchased it.

This foundation does last long. After 12 hours it was still on and looked decent. It's not greasy or oily. It blends great, you only need a little, it's full coverage, good at covering redness and spots, it's buildable. I got many compliments wearing this, the first day I wore it at work five co-workers told me my makeup looked great. I haven't had any break outs from this foundation, which is surprising usually products with SPF kills my skin.

Overall love this foundation, leaves a nice matte but not too matte finish. I also love the pump, makes it worth the $39 CAD.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Deelove93905

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything about IT! This foundation doesn't compare to Studio Fix Fluid. It last a very long time no need to retouch as much as with other foundations. I've tried Most of Clinics foundations but they would never last on my skin I would always have to keep powdering my face due to the oil. It does a great job with minimizing oil and coverage. At first when I applied it on it felt so heavy but once i blended it out with my 187 brush it felt light but with a full coverage. Another great thing about this foundation is that it comes with a pump making it easier to get the product out. I recommended this foundation to my friends and they all love it. The price is a lil more compared to Studio Fix but its all worth it. Over all a Great Foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why do I always get sucked into the hype over MAC products. I just want to brain myself right now. The concept sounded wonderful. The reviews made this sound like a very promising product for me, but now I just have to pay to ship this back (we live out in the country, and have no MAC counters nearby). I have super oily, ultra pale skin. I do get breakouts, and have discolorations and things of that nature. In other words, my skin is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. It can look pretty darn good with the right products.

I have tried more foundations that I can think of from drugstore brands to very high ends brands (even La Prairie's Caviar Foundation at nearly $200.00) to the obscure and back again. I've tried them all. The only foundations that give me any real staying power (with real coverage) are Estee Lauder's Maximum Coverage (blue tube), and Lancome's Tient Idole Ultra in Ivoire (I use Ivoire 1-not 2). I pretty much use Lancome most of the time because it looks more natural, and lasts longer than any other foundation I have ever tried thus far. It's not masky, and yet it covers a ton of imperfections, and actually color matches my super pale, porcelain, pink skin. It lasts longer than most, but I am always on the look out for another that might last longer, and offer even better coverage.

This sounded wonderful! I thought wow! A foundation that won't slide off my super oily skin, and has beautiful coverage to boot! I was told that I should buy the palest shade (which is NC15), and I did just that. The color is a little too gold and yellow for me, but it works OK. I can see that it would last and last by the way it felt on my skin after it dried. The problem I have with this foundation is that no matter how much I layered and layered, it covered next to nothing! I didn't want to keep layering it again and again because I realized it would start to look super cakey. This does nothing but even out your skin. If you have pretty decent skin, you will probably love this. I think people have very different definitions for what they feel problem skin is. People who have truly problematic skin will understand exactly what I mean. Yes this would most likely last longer than other foundations, and yes NC15 matches me OK, but I need real coverage. This is not even medium coverage to me. What good is it if you have to smear concealer, which is not long lasting like this, all over your face to compensate for the lack of coverage? Kind of defeats the purpose of this foundation.

I suppose I could try the matching concealer, but I get the feeling it won't have much coverage either (and I called MAC, and was told that the matching concealer was meant for the under eye area, and not for blemishes and spots). I expect a certain amount of concealment and coverage from the foundation I am using, and this offers nothing! This is nothing more than a glorified tinted moisturizer without the moisture. People who think they have bad skin, but really have only minor imperfections, will find this to be adequate. I'm not even considered as someone with severe skin issues, and yet no matter what technique I used, this covered absolutely nothing (and I know how to apply even the trickiest of foundations). If you read the reviews using the lowest to highest ratings method, you will see what others are saying in regards to this issue (coverage). I guess it's all a matter of interpretation. One reviewer said that this barely concealed the redness in her skin (so you can imagine how well this works on spots and blemishes)! If this foundation were more opaque, I think I would probably be quite pleased. I would need too much concealer with this (and the lightest shade is a bit too dark and gold anyway). Back it goes (sigh).

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by RainbowxBrite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love-dislike relationship with this foundation. It's the first and only liquid foundation from MAC that didn't break me out (which is a major plus!), it comes with a pump unlike Studio Fix Fluid, and it didn't oxidize on my skin. The coverage is medium, and I normally wear a full coverage, but the coverage wasn't sheer or anything. It did last for quite a while, but not a ridiculously long time like Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'm not sure why I dislike it... I guess because I just am not very fond of MAC foundations in general. But it's pretty good, didn't break me out, and does last for quite a while (especially with a primer). All-in-all, this is the first and only liquid foundation from MAC I would suggest to others. Would consider repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by xxkoshkaxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm always an NC 15 in Mac foundations and bought this in NC 15, which matched my skin perfectly (NC 20 was way too yellow).

Pro's
--Medium to full-coverage but it feels like nothing is on your face
--Doesn't accentuate my dry skin
--Stays on all day (about 12 hrs) even when I don't use a primer and a setting powder
--Doesn't oxidize like the other Mac foundations
--Leaves a natural looking finish

Con's
--I had these little white bumps on my chin BUT they went away after 2 days
--The packaging sucks...the cover cap cracked after I unscrewed the pump and screwed it back on

Overall it's a great foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I waited a few weeks to review this foundation because I wanted to allow enough time to see how my skin agrees with it. I've had absolutely no problems at all with this foundation as far as breakouts or dryness. My skin texture seems to have actually improved after using this foundation and is smoother and just looks healthier even after I've removed it for the day. That's never happened before with other products.
Like many other reviewers, I'd also been using Estee Lauder Double Wear for years but Pro Longwear is my new favorite. I agree with the person below who said the color selection for this foundation is a little odd. They tend to lean toward being very yellow or red toned but my complexion is more neutral. After trying three different shades, I settled on NW20 which is actually a very close match without being too red or pink. It's even a better match than my old Double Wear shade I'd been using in Dusk. With Double Wear, my skin always started to look like I was wearing foundation at the end of the day, but this foundation remains bright, natural and glowy even after a long day at work. The color stays true all day and never oxidizes.
I use foundation only on my t-zone to even out texture, tone and smooth pores. This works perfectly for that and leaves a very natural appearance. Not cakey or mask-like at all. I apply sparingly with my fingers, blending a very small area at a time since it dries quickly. Some have complained about how fast this sets, but I think it's one of the greatest qualities about this foundation. I never have a problem as long as I keep the application light and blend quickly over small areas at a time, adding more where I need better coverage.
I have combo skin that can get dry and oily at the same time, and in the same places. I need to be sure I moisturize well before applying. This is the first foundation I've tried that I don't need to set with powder, which adds to the natural look I prefer. All in all, I love this foundation and will buy again when I run out.