Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 11/18/2008 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I rated this a 4 only because of the packaging, otherwise, this stuff is my HG. I never loved a product like I love this one. I have eczema and have breakouts near my eyes. I wasn't able to find a cream to soothe it without making it worse until the Pharmacist at Target recommended this cream. I used to use Cetaphil lotion - but there is a huge difference for me between the two. USE IT IF YOU HAVE ECZEMA! It's gentle around the eyes!

I wanted a basic moisturizer to use in conjunction with my retinol and AHA treatments. This seemed to fit the bill and i very affordable. Sadly, it broke me out in large, under the skin, painful pimples. I used the rest on my legs.

on 11/17/2008 7:15:00 PM

I use this daily and nightly, it is the best. It really does my dry skin good. and I agree that it is great for the face. I love this stuff.. Will be using it forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

HG moisturizer! It's been getting drier and drier, and the weather on top of my benzoyl peroxide regimen has dried out my skin like CRAZY. So one day I took the plunge, and despite my concerns about the thickness of the cream (I was afraid it would me comedogenic, regardless of what the product said) this has been the best moisturizer I've used for my parched face. I take a ball of moisturizer about the size of a quarter, add two drops of jojoba oil and a tiny bith of Acne.org moisturizer to thin it out - and the result is a completely hydrating but light enough moisturizer. Love.

on 11/17/2008 6:17:00 PM

I am SO pleased with this cream! I use it on both my face and body after exfoliating and it moisturizes my dry skin so well that it is the first product that has ever given my skin a dewy glow- without greasy residue. Last night i couldn't believe the amount of light bouncing off my face after an AHA mask and then using this. My dry skin thats prone to hormonal breakouts was giving me serious problems, uneven tone, constant acne around my jaw and chin..just lame. I got fed up with all my fancy schmutzy stuff (i am an esthetician with a huge load of products) and went back to the basics. My new routine has completely turned my skin around, and here it is.
Morning: rinse with warm water, apply 3-4 drop of Burts Bees Naturally Ageless serum, top with Somme Double Defense spf 30 moisturizer
Night: Cleanse with OSEA ocean cleanser, apply generous amount of generic 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide over acne affected areas of the face, top with Cetaphil cream
2-3 times a week: AHA enzyme mask or sugar scrub mask, cetaphil cream.
The cetaphil cream tub is a huge 16 oz, plenty to slather over my whole body most days. I don't mind the wide mouth jar, i think its easier to use for body than having to pick something up to squeeze or pump a million pumps to get the right amount, All in all an extremely rich cream that stays with you all day and gives your face a radiant glow. Plus, great price!

on 11/5/2008 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have the 3oz tube. I like a thick creamy moisturizer. I have combination skin. It leaves my skin feeling soft. I would recommend this product if you like a thick creamy moisturizer. I use in the morning and at night. Part of a good skin care regimine is having a good moisturizer and this one is good for me.

on 11/4/2008 7:43:00 AM

I bought the Walgreens version. I've been looking for something that can help me with my drier skin since restarting retin-a. I tried the Cerave, Olay Complete Sensitive skin SPF 15, Olay Firming Cream, Beyond Belief Vita C Day Lotion, and St Ives Collagen and Elastin Facial Lotion. This one is the best for the current state of my skin. It makes it really moistutized, doesn't break me out, the the moisture lasts until I get home without my face becoming all itchy. All in all, a not bad product that does what it says.

on 11/3/2008 11:17:00 PM

I have been having breakouts AND it's Fall so my skin has been a MESS. I was with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash (which has Salicylic Acid in it) and apply Benzaclin at night. This amounts to one very dried out face...so I use the cream on my face at night to combat the flakiness. So far its been working like a dream. It does sting because my face is already irritated from the wash and Benzaclin, but that wears off and it helps my face TREMENDOUSLY!

on 11/3/2008 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually use the Cetaphil lotion for my face, and use this cream at night, when dryer than normal or during a rosacea flare.

Pros:
--hasn't made me break out at all
--no irritation
--no greasy or shiny after effect on my skin.

Cons:
--packaging is bulky and hard to use. Smaller/portable size should be available.
--doesn't seem to do well going under foundation.

EDIT: had to start using MetroGel twice daily (was just using an oral antibiotic for rosacea), and this product has been a LIFESAVER. I use it as my daytime lotion and it really helps with the dryness. No greasy feeling, no shiny look, no additional break out, just comforted skin :) I changed the rating from a 4 to a 5.

on 11/2/2008 4:02:00 PM

I love this cream. I never knew Cetaphil products were this good. It keeps my skin moisturized all day (or night) but doesn't make it extra oily.

Edit: I don't use this for my face anymore but it still works really well on my super dry hands.