Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

on 12/20/2008 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

i got a huge tub of this at costco for around 10 dollars...i'm taking accutane right now and this stuff has been great with dealing with the extreme dry skin that is a side effect of the treatment...its great for the body, and very effective as a night cream for an extremely dry face...overall a great purchase.

on 12/17/2008 1:12:00 PM

At the beginning of the fall this year, my skin started getting overly dry. I happened to be at CVS looking around at the higher end facial moisturizers, feeling confused about what to get...when I spotted the Cetaphil lotion and cream as I walked away. I'd been having some success with Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser, so I figured it would be worth taking the chance. Since I wanted something more emollient than a lotion (as I already use a very nice Mario Badescu lotion with SPF) I picked up the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream in the smaller-sized tube rather than the tub.

My skin type is combination - oily T-zone with dryness elsewhere and a tendency to break out on my chin. I've now been using the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for over a month, initially just at night after cleansing and toning. But it is doing such a nice job on my skin, I have started using it in the morning as well. The cream is rich and thick, and super-emollient. After I wash and tone, I apply about a dime-nickel sized drop of the cream to my face. It spreads and absorbs wonderfully and my skin is immediately silky-smooth. I honestly love this stuff, and was pleasantly surprised by how mild such a rich cream can be. I've not had even a hint of a blemish come forth in the several weeks I've been using this. I will likely buy the big tub at Costco so I can use it as a body cream as well.

The ingredients are Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol. Dermatologists recommend it for people with eczema and psoriasis, so it is very gentle.

on 12/15/2008 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

A heavier cream that works well. I do get some small breakouts on my face if I use it everyday, but it gets rid of dry skin on my face and body after applying 3 times in one day and keeps it away with only one application a day or two. I love that it does not have a fragrance and soaks in immediately.

on 12/9/2008 3:57:00 PM

I can't believe I've never tried this before. I had a flaky patch on my leg, put some cream on it and the next day is was silky smooth! I love how this disappears right into your skin. Not greasy at all. Although I'm used to buying cheaper body lotion, $12 isn't going to break the bank and I'll definitely purchase again.

on 12/9/2008 5:19:00 AM

I gave this a try since it's one of those products that are always highly raved by dermatologists and users. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I wish it did though cuz it's cheap and you don't need to use that much product. It is greasy, doesn't sink into the skin. Just not for me.

on 11/29/2008 12:49:00 PM

I have very dry skin, especially along my cheeks and nose and this is the best moisturizer I've tried so far and I've tried many. I put some on my face in the morning after cleansing and it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day, and after cleansing at night I put some on my face and body before going to bed. It's unscented which I LOVE, and hasn't caused any breakouts. It costs $13-$14 for a 16 oz. jar (wait for the sales and you can get it for $7 or less!) but a jar of this lasts forever (it's been over a year and I still haven't hit bottom). The only negative thing is that it doesn't fully absorb into the skin, and leaves a slightly sticky feeling on my face which can be annoying.

on 11/28/2008 1:44:00 PM

this is definitely a product made for the body NOT THE FACE, I started using it and it does leave a smooth sensation on your skin but it is way too greasy, or maybe it does not absorb completely, I never felt like it did. It stays on the suface of your skin. Anyway this my experience, now I use it for what it really is a body cream,,

on 11/27/2008 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff moistures so well! I usually use the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion but in the winter months, my skin requires a bit more moisturization and this cream does it for me. I also tend to get mild eczema sometimes and this really helps keep it under control. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and this has not broken me out at all. It is not too greasy. While I like buying in bulk and saving money, I wish they also had this in a smaller container so I can take it when I go travelling :) I would defintely repurchase this.

on 11/21/2008 11:18:00 AM

I am so happy I finally found my HG moisturizer. I have dry/acne prone skin. Cetaphil cream is the only thing that prevents my flakes, leaves my face feeling comfortable, and doesn't wear off when I go to sleep. My skin is so much healthier looking.l can love that it's unscented. It's thick and creamy, yet sinks right in. I buy the 3 oz. tube to use on my face. The tub seems a little unsanitary to me, so I like the small squeeze tube :)

on 11/21/2008 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have very sensitive skin and Cetaphil is one of the few creams I am not allergic to. The cream is alot more moisturizing than the lotion and keeps my skin soft and hydrated. In addition to using Cetaphil cream on my hands, I use this under my eyes since that area (for me) is extremely sensitive to a variety of ingredients--cetaphil is one of the few products that doesn't trigger an adverse reaction for me in that area--most others do including the most expensive creams and lotions. The only drawback for me is that I wish it cost less, though--it's around $12 around here. I try to find it in a store brand version if I can.

Popular Moisturizers