Lancome Lancome Juicy Tubes

3.5

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DIMER DILINOLEYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL DIMER, DILINOLEATE, SUCROSE ACETATE ISOBUTYRATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, LINALOOL, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CALCIUM SULFATE, SODIUM SACCHARIN, SILICA, LIMONENE, CITRAL, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL OIL, CI 15850 / RED 7, CI 77491, CI 77492 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

Juicy tubes are great -- I use them over lipstick or even gloss. As the day/night progresses, I use them alone. They are sheer alone, but tremendous in combination with other mediums. A staple. I bought several at duty free recently. One for the car, home, purse, etc. Very sexy effect.

Pros: Good Thick Texture, Great Colors, Lots of product per tube, good price, Long Lasting

Cons: Most colors are way to sheer for my taste.

Until Lancome comes out with more colors, I probably won't be buying any more.

on 5/9/2004 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have this in Shebam!, and I love it, it's so pretty. Would definetely buy again, but I don't like the applicator. The part where you put your lips got funky after a month. I have to clean it with alcohol swabs to keep it in shape.

on 5/8/2004 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the slant-tip applicator for ease of use -- Chanel Glossimers are actually my favorite glosses, but they require a mirror and some dexterity, whereas I can slick on a JT whilst walking to my destination. They're portable, too. Not very pigmented, but good for adding a bit of tinted shimmer for fuller lips...and the flavors are lovely. I have the GWPs in Fizz, Simmer, Grape Juice and will be getting No Reserve.

on 5/4/2004 4:54:00 AM

Very sticky, colour too sheer and comes off right away. I prefer other proper glosses like Elizabeth Arden's, Rimmel or Loreal glam shine, which come with applicator.

I was quite sceptical because of the price, but absolutely loved them as soon as I tried them!
I now have three, Mirage, Sweet Valentine and Twinkle Pink. Upset that all the ones I have are Limited Edition or Discontinued (In Australia anyway)
They are the best glosses for staying power, and are worth the price ($40 Aust)

Juicy Tubes seems to be one of those things that people either love or hate. As for me, I love them. I purchased some Lancome products and got Miracle as a GWP. After using it, I was in love. I usually don't wear lipstick cuz its a pain in the ass to apply, especially when I feel I always have to wear lipliner to wear lipstick. With the JT, I just put it on my lips. It looks natural but with a lot of oomph. I prefer JT over MAC's lipglass, which I have 5 of in assorted colours. MAC's lipglass is more pigmented but I find it to be more sticky, gums up my lips after awhile and just feels uncomfortable.

With the JT, my lips feel so moisturized and even if I lick my lips a million times, my lips don't end up feeling gummy.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes lipgloss with a lot of shine.

on 4/29/2004 9:46:00 PM

I am so unimpressed with this product. Awful. Sticky, tacky, and just plain useless.

on 4/28/2004 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i am not thrilled with this product.. and will not buy or swap for this....

on 4/27/2004 3:40:00 PM

The packaging is horrible for purse-carrying. Little pieces of lint got stuck under my caps-- real gross. Also, the pigment wasn't especially pleasing. The texture, also, got on my nerves. Sticky gloss is a pet peeve of mine.

Recommended for Medium Skin