April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Critterkeeper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Totally blown away by this product - my hair is so bad I have not seen it for two years - been wearing a full weave. In order for my hair to look even half way dectent it must be relaxed, colored and highlighted - all in the same day. You can only imagine what that does to your ends after time. My hair would never grow below my jaw line - it would break off. We are talking major firzz balm kinky curly dry hair I have fought it all my life. It is even to curly to wear curly - you get the picture.

Anyway, it still has to be relaxed, colored and hightlighted, however, with this product my hair is now down to my shoulders and in better condition then it has ever been in. You can purchase it on Amazon now for much less the the 39.00 that it has sold for in the past. Yes the bottle is dumb but I just washed out an emply pump bottle - we all have them laying around with product we will probably never use again and wella good packaging so I did not take away any marks for packaging.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For a hair product, this is very expensive. $39 is a bit much for me to spend, but I was intrigued by the cult-like following this oil has, so I had to try it for myself. It comes in a glass bottle, with a screw-top lid. I constantly make sure I put it up in the morning so my cat doesn't knock it off the bathroom counter while I'm at work. The oil itself is nice and makes my hair soft, but not that much different than other products I have used (or make it dry any faster-like the website claims). The smell is great though, and lingers most of the day. To date, from my experience, Frederick Fekkai's glossing cream has made my hair transform from dull to really shiny. This product even though it is luxurious to use, is just a tad too much money for the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by JSH812

Ok first off - I didn't take any lippies away for this specifically, but the bottle is just stupid. It needs to be in a pump bottle! And preferably plastic...

This is a best kept secret turned cult favorite. The smell will take you back to exotic lands and you will jump for joy when you see what this does to your hair.

I have very fine hair, and I've used Redken's Smooth Down for 6 years just to control frizziness..... but this Moroccan Oil does the job SO MUCH BETTER. It's a "dry" oil, which I know sounds a little counterproductive, but it works. I use about a dime sized drip, emulsify it all over my hands and fingers and run it ALLLLLLLLL over my hair. Then I comb it out and blow dry it.

If it was cheaper I'd consider pouring half into my bottle of baby oil and using it all over my body just for the smell! They should make candles, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by lydiag22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This has been magical for my dry/colored hair! I use it everyday and it doesn't make my hair greasy. My favorite product in a long time.

**I changed the overall rating to a 4 - It seems as if this product stains my blond hair a coppery color. I am now trying out DermOrganic Leave In Treatment. It doesn't smell as good, but no copper yet.**

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by t1ger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my third bottle of Moroccan Oil as I type !! LOVE this stuff !!! So glad my hair dresser shared it with me. I have fine hair, yet a lot of hair. I put on about a nickle size in my palm on just washed hair, run though ends first then a bit on the top, then blow dry. Then I put on a tiny bit more ON THE ENDS before I flat iron to protect the ends. This stuff is AMAZING !! My hair is so soft, strong and shiny. It holds up excellent from my monthly colorings. I will use this product for life !!! :-D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ♥ moroccan oil! It's light, never ever weighs my hair down and always leaves it soft, healthy and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by perrisquirrel

This is my first review, but I just had to comment on this product!

I used it for the first time today and it is AMAZING - what a difference it has made in my hair after just one use! And it is supposed to get better and better each time you use it? YAY!

My hair is just-above-shoulder-length, color treated, super thick, and wavy. Usually a fight to straighten and very dry lately.

I used about a nickel-sized dollup of the oil after towel drying and then let my hair air dry for about an hour. It air dried quicker than normal (usually 1.5 - 2 hours), and blow-dried in half the time. The brush went thru my hair like butter and did not fight me at all.

The only downside was the glass bottle and the fact that you have to pour it out into your hand. A plastic bottle would be better and maybe a squirt cap or a pump. And the price - YIKES - but worth it!!!

I love this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by cc_terceira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! On my third bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by lauraellenwsu

I love this. I love the smell, and how soft and shiny my hair is after using it. Its the only product of its type that doesn't leave my hair feeling coated and nasty. I feel like its worth the price, although the packaging is beyond stupid. I transferred it to an empty Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair bottle (brown glass bottle with eyedropper) and that works much better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

So after hearing all the raves about this on the hair board, I figured I'd give this a try. I am always looking for that one serum that will give me movie star hair. lol. Anyhow, feeling ballzy I ordered the full size off amazon. I was concerned that it might smell too musky, but I was quite pleasantly surprised! It smells almost pleasantly sweet tempered with a hint of musk to keep it from smelling too foody. Either way it doesn't have a strong smell.

PROS: I love how this stuff smells. I love how it absorbs into my hair super fast so that I am not left with an oily icky feel to my hair as some other hair serums leave behind. It definitely makes my hair shiny, healthy, and soft.
CONS: The packaging is just idiotic! Its glass with a plain screw on lid, thus rationing it out to apply is rather difficult. Though I have found that its easier if I put a flat palm tightly against the rim, flip the bottle upside down, flip right side up, and then carefully removing my palm. This way i don't get a huge portion. I repeat this process about twice for my medium/long hair. Also, while my hair does seem nicer, I feel like there wasn't any amazing earth-shattering that this product did that other similar products couldn't, but I do appreciate the quickness in which this stuff sinks in vs. other similar products..so I will be re-purchasing this. continued >>