BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 12/14/2009 9:32:00 PM

Pros:
1. Very easy to blend.
2. Since it is pink, it correct my yellow undertone which makes the highlight looks fresher
3. It's long lasting
4. Natural looking

Cons:
1. I don't like the package at all. You can't really use the blush on the cap to apply the product as it will be too much. I think it will be better if it is cotton wand like how they have for lipgloss.
2. It is kind of pricey, as a white/pink simmer eyeshadow will do the same job. The bottle is huge, but I don't think I can finish using it in like 50 years... That's why although I like the product, I won't buy it again since I don't need to.

Update: I found out that if you mix this with any of your liquid foundation, it gives a super natural glow to your skin, which is great. Still a 4 lippies since it is expensive.

on 12/12/2009 7:15:00 PM

I really like this highlighter. Even though Moon Beam is supposed to be better for warmer complexions (since it's yellowy), I think High Beam is actually the true universally flattering highlighter. It's a cool-toned, very slightly pink pearly color that leaves a beautiful natural-looking highlight on the skin. Be sure to use it very, very sparingly, otherwise it will look obvious. I use three tiny, tiny little dots on my cheekbone, browbone and the spot between. Then I blend the three dots in a "C" shape. I'll also use a tiny dot on my chin and the bridge of my nose. This technique brings out my bone structure nicely and takes that wan, tired look away, leaving one looking glowy and well-rested.

This may seem pricey, but the bottle should last a long, long time if you use it as I suggest. And it obviates the need for a lot of other makeup. Just use this, concealer, powder (to set the concealer and on the t-zone if you're oily), do your brows (if necessary), and add mascara and you'll look naturally lovely.

on 12/6/2009 9:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought I would love this but I ended up returning it and getting a Nars powdered highlighter instead. I don't know if it was because of the color or because it was liquid but I just didn't like how it looked on me at all. And in pictures it looked funny on my face.

on 12/3/2009 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love High Beam! Honestly, I haven't tried many other highlighters because I got this one a while ago and don't see any reason to look for a new one. It looks completely natural on and not "makeup-y". It's a little thick, but my bottle is old (I've had it WAY longer than you should probably keep makeup, shh...it lasts forever). I use this every time I put on makeup!

on 12/3/2009 8:59:00 AM

I love this product and it is in my daily routine. It is pricey but in relation to how long it lasts its worth the expense. My tub usually lasts me about a year (i wear it almost everyday). It is very subtle but for a night out you can really build ti up to greater effect.

I used to use revlon skin lights which is a lot more dewy and you feel it alot more on your face- this however you don't feel as its so light.

Must have product. I personallly wear it under my bronzer not over as i feel when over it can sumtimes muck up the bronzer colour.

xx

on 11/27/2009 2:57:00 PM

This is the most natural looking highlighter I've found yet. I use it everyday when I do my make-up now. I like the pinkish tinge is has and I find the application to be pretty simple. I find its best to kind of dab it lightly into your skin as opposed to rubbing while you're blending in the product for maximum results. The packaging is also really cute, I love the way benefit packages their lip stains and luminizers into nail polish-esque bottles.

on 11/26/2009 6:27:00 PM

I actually like this product. It does go on a little weird, it is a nail polish brush. the trick to making this work is to bled with finger Immediately( this is important or it will go streaky).
I make three sweeps over each cheek, one down the nose and under each eyebrow bone. Blend with finger.
I like this because it brightens my complexion immediately and doesn't look sparkly and fake and fits easily in my purse for quick touch ups. The nail polish look is a little weird at first but extremely convenient. No it does not last all day long but really what does? Maybe two touch ups for the entire day.
Price, it does seem steep at first( around $30) if you have a dull complexion the needs brightening this works. With this simple bottle its quick, easy and convenient.
I do not use foundation just tinted moisturizer and have never found this to flake. Also, i do not detect any smell worth mentioning. I do also do not find this looking glassy as some other reviewers have mentioned.

on 11/23/2009 7:55:00 PM

I really do enjoy this product, and I am shocked since I really don't like other benefit products. It comes in a nail polish bottle with a nail polish brush, and inside might as well be nail polish...but it isn't! Inside is the most wonderful, face-enhancing, one-of-a-kind product. Why? It has pink. Something about the pink in it makes the product look 10x more natural than any other liquid highlighter I have used.

Applications: I will call these layers to make more sense, each layer consists of four little dots of the product

on the nose: Only ONE LAYER, the nose is already somewhat oily. Dot on the product and stipple, then rub to make sure its perfect.

on cheekbones: Two layers, but really make sure its not in one spot, otherwise it is way too obvious

on the forehead: My favorite place to put. One and a half layers in the middle

On the chin: Barely one layer just below the mouth

Please get this product, you will not regret it i promise.

Biggest Mistakes: Using too much in one area, using it in the wrong areas (should not be on perimeter of face, only towards the center)

on 11/20/2009 1:16:00 PM

Either I haven't mastered using this product or I just don't like it - can't decide. I purchased it about a week ago and I LOVE the sheen it gives (especially used on the cheekbones); however, when I apply it as the last step in my makeup process it gets "stuck" in the powder and doesn't blend well. If I apply it before the powder and just over the foundation then it disappears once I set with powder and the powder clumps in it if it hasn't completely dried. Am I missing something? Also, I have large red spots that have appeared in the area that I'm using it... on both sides of my face! Coincidence? I think not.

I'm giving this another couple of tries because I'm a makeup masochist and then it's going back to Sephora. Super pretty highlighting color, though, just a poor formulation for me.

on 11/19/2009 6:53:00 PM

This cream gives the prettiest pinky glow when the light hits it. It's a great product to just dab on the bridge of your nose and along your cheekbones when you're in a hurry. I hate the packaging though. It makes a disgusting mess. I expect better for the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials