July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!!! Far superior to Mac Studio Fix powder or any of those messy loose mineral powders, IMHO. And I never would have tried it had I not read all the reviews here on MUA. It's a soft, finely-milled powder with buildable coverage that miraculously does NOT sink into my large pores (unlike Bare Minerals). I like stippling it on with a makeup sponge when using it alone over primer, but will use a kabuki brush if dusting it on over a liquid foundation. While there are only 4 shades to choose from, Medium/Beige blends perfectly into my NW25 skin. Today, a sticky, humid day, I used this on top of a bit of L'Oreal primer and had minimal shine by the end of the day. I was so pleased with it, I went to CVS and bought 4 more as backup on a buy one get 50% off sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice powder that gives a good amount of coverage.It dosent accentuate flakes or any dry patches and it contains spf. The color I purchased, classic ivory is a good match to my skintone.I apply this over tinted moisturizer and it stays put for a good amount of time.I dont really like its flip compact but I can deal with it.Overall a great product I would reconmend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by andali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder. It almost provides no coverage but it really mattifies for several hours. I like the the fact that it is very cheap ... got it in a BOGO at CVS!!!! Def will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by 1264230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder is one the best powders I've ever used.
I have combo skin and this really worked helping my skin look matte but not cakey or powdery AT ALL. It is a very natural matte. Sometimes I just sweep this all over and just head out without foundation especially for the summer days. This doesn't cover up my pimples, extreme redness, or my large pores but it does set my makeup very well and it blurs fine lines a bit and covers light redness around my nose etc.
This keeps my skin look matte for a good period of time (4-5 hours) but sometimes I'll touch up because my nose is really oily. I don't use the puff it comes with but you could use that for more coverage. I just use my Eco Tools kabuki brush and it gives a light coverage. Overall, its amazing and you should definitely at least try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by valentynka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a good powder! Doesn't cause trouble on my skin, mattifies&stays on during hot, humid summer, blurs those few fine lines and evens out my skin tone.
Throughout the year I can use Cream/Sand/Biege. Considering the price and quality of this product, I easily forgive pointless packaging&shoddy sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-Controls oil very well
-Natural looking/does not look cakey
-Long lasting (less need for touch-ups)
-Cheap
-Convenient compact packaging

Cons:
-Very minimal coverage. I like my setting powders to have some coverage.

I would repurchase this product for touch-up purposes. Recommended for combination/oily gals!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by xxkatieeexx

I absolutely love this powder! i used to use the mac MSFN but once i ran out i decided i wanted to find a cheaper alternative. This powder is BETTER than the MSFN. It controls oil waaaay better and it goes on silky smooth. it's superrr finely milled. They only have 4 shades but the powder is almost translucent so you don't have to have a perfect match, just find a color that's in your range. i bought the shade Sand, in Mac i'm an NC15 and in the MSFN i use light medium. I actually don't mind the packaging very much because at least they give you a mirror and a puff! Some drugstore powders don't. Anyway i LOVE this powder and i will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by NBtech

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I might be in the minority because I do not like this product as much as I thought I would. The powder itself is very smooth and feels great on the skin. Also, for touch-ups it did not ever feel cakey. The compact is a bit awkward to use because it swivels out from the bottom and it has the powder puff on top of the mirror. I found that the puff is poor quality and fell apart pretty quickly. A powder brush works infinitely better. I think I got the wrong shade because it was way too light for my skin and the next shade is way too dark; so I would've liked more of a variety in the shade selection. This powder also did nothing for my oily skin. I would get oily after 2-3 hours. But I think this will be a wonderful powder with anyone with dry to normal skin and probably combination skin. This just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by michyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the colour in sand / medium. & it matches my skin colour PERFECTLY!!

I love the swirling thingy.. Hmm maybe it cause I'm 13 and just a little immature but it's fun! LOL & for the brush tat comes with it, just flip it over so the mirror doesn't get all fogged up from the powder or just get rid of the brush and use a real one!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have hit pan on my second container! woo hoo! i love this stuff. i have SUPER FLAKING DRY SKIN, and this does not show it! which is AMAZING for me. no mattter how much i layer on my face, it never cakes! (: