October 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by paciodaneza

HG! I have used Mac Studio Fix for years and have been looking for powder to replace it. Mac's Studio Fix has medium buildable coverage but after 2 hours my face would get oily. I tried Diorskin Forever Compact as well but that one has metallic coverage so I returned it. I was about to give up when I gave Dream Matte Powder a try and I JUST LOVE IT. Honey is the perfect shade for me. I'm NC 42, C4, in MAC. This powder remindsd me of Lorac Wet/Dry foundation powder but that one is $ 36!! And the coverage is really sheer but buildable. So after 1 month of use, you'll see the bottom of the pan.
    Dream Matte beats all the HE powder foundations I have tried and this is only $ 8. It is very fine-milled and buildable and the coverage is sheer to medium. This is also transfer-resistant and stays put for 12 hours indoors and 8 hours when outdoors. If you're hesitant in buying this, just think that it is only $ 8. This will be worth the risk!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by blessedbyabrokenheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I bought Dream Matte Press Powder when I went shopping with my boyfriend because I was out of loose powder and Walmart had stopped carrying my HG powder (New York Color Loose Translucent Powder).

I must say I LOVE this powder! I was really torn between getting it and getting Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder and since both were about the same price I decided to try the Maybelline since I already use the Dream Liquid Foundation and Dream Concealer.

This stuff is amazing! I have lately just been wearing it and my primer and it doesn't move and I don't get oily! And I work in a un-air conditioned shack in the Florida heat and humidity! So for my make up to stay on after 6-8 hr in that is a miracle. This stuff is my new HG powder and I couldn't be happier!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by SpunkyPanda

There was the big hype with the Mac Mineralized Skin Finish and I was dumb enough to fall for it and tried it. I BROKE OUT! so than I heard that this powder is like it but it does not break you out, so i tried it and fell in love with it! Its the perfect go to Powder in case you ran out of your usual and need something cheap or just on the go. 5 LIPPIES from me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lilnodyxp

pros: does keep me matte for about 5-6 hours after i'm done putting on my makeup.

cons: broke out
    i was wondering what was making my cheeks and forehead develop these small bumps and clogged pores .... after i stopped using this powder my skin became smooth again. I used this product for 3 months to make sure it wasn't my hormones or weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Jchiko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in sand. This powder sets my makeup and I think the coverage is good. But sometimes, it looks a bit cakey around my chin, not sure why, but I still like this product. The rest of my face looks good with it. It keeps my face matte for a couple of hours, I usually use this when I go to school. There's this smell to it though lol. It doesn't really bother me that much but I could still smell it. Most people don't like the packaging, I think it's quite cute. I never really use the mirror though. Overall, I think I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by annaddme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When i had really oily skin this was the only foundation i used, it would stay shine free for hours. The packaging was small enough for me to just put in my handbag or pocket. The only problem was that the powder came of easily, but apart from that a really great product for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by maureenheather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT!!! Far superior to Mac Studio Fix powder or any of those messy loose mineral powders, IMHO. And I never would have tried it had I not read all the reviews here on MUA. It's a soft, finely-milled powder with buildable coverage that miraculously does NOT sink into my large pores (unlike Bare Minerals). I like stippling it on with a makeup sponge when using it alone over primer, but will use a kabuki brush if dusting it on over a liquid foundation. While there are only 4 shades to choose from, Medium/Beige blends perfectly into my NW25 skin. Today, a sticky, humid day, I used this on top of a bit of L'Oreal primer and had minimal shine by the end of the day. I was so pleased with it, I went to CVS and bought 4 more as backup on a buy one get 50% off sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice powder that gives a good amount of coverage.It dosent accentuate flakes or any dry patches and it contains spf. The color I purchased, classic ivory is a good match to my skintone.I apply this over tinted moisturizer and it stays put for a good amount of time.I dont really like its flip compact but I can deal with it.Overall a great product I would reconmend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by andali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder. It almost provides no coverage but it really mattifies for several hours. I like the the fact that it is very cheap ... got it in a BOGO at CVS!!!! Def will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by 1264230

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder is one the best powders I've ever used.
    I have combo skin and this really worked helping my skin look matte but not cakey or powdery AT ALL. It is a very natural matte. Sometimes I just sweep this all over and just head out without foundation especially for the summer days. This doesn't cover up my pimples, extreme redness, or my large pores but it does set my makeup very well and it blurs fine lines a bit and covers light redness around my nose etc.
    This keeps my skin look matte for a good period of time (4-5 hours) but sometimes I'll touch up because my nose is really oily. I don't use the puff it comes with but you could use that for more coverage. I just use my Eco Tools kabuki brush and it gives a light coverage. Overall, its amazing and you should definitely at least try it.