October 22, 2014 | 2114 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by sandeliza

I agree with the previous review exactly. I have used a couple of other mineral foundations with great sucess but this product is really poor. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2007 10:25:00 PM More reviews by rigatoni28

I am very disappointed with this make-up. It looks very heavy and caked on no matter how carefully it is applied. I will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by tlc7957

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried the foundation I hated because it didn't provide enough coverage. A couple of months later the rest of the line came out so I tried the entire line together. I wasn't sure how much to use at first so it to some playing around but I finally figured it out. I love this stuff! This bottle has lasted me over two months and I wear makeup everyday. My makeup lasts all day long, a problem I had with pricier liquid foundations. I can't imagine using anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lavendersong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first bought this product, I was disappointed. I generally prefer powder foundation because I hate liquids and the masky feeling, and rub - off they give. I put my faith in this, and when I got home I followed the directions on the Bare Naturale package. I swirled, tapped and buffed, only to find that the foundation provided good coverage, but noticable coverage. The foundation looked cakey, emphasized dry spots, felt unnatural, etc. This frustrated me for a few weeks, until I came up with the idea of using a sponge instead of the crappy attached brush. Better, but still not the greatest. It finally dawned on me to wet the sponge before application, and what a world of difference it made! The foundation was smooth, even, light, provided AMAZING coverage, all while looking and feeling natural. The best part? Bare Naturale doesn't clog pores and is long lasting. I can easily wear this from early morning to around 6 o clock with no touch ups. Bare Naturale is amazing at covering dark circles! I don't have any blemishes, so I can't speak surely, but I am confident this product will cover any imperfections as well.The package is small and portable and easily fits into my purse. The downside: sucky packaging! The brush and foundation itself are unattractive and fragile. I like to break open the canister and place the powder in a prettier jar with puff. Price: you want $15 for how much??? Luckily I picked this up a target with a two dollar off coupon, while it was on sale for $9.99. So if you're smart about it, you can ease the ouch. Amount : very little for the price! Overall, I find this product provides astounding coverage with a truly bare skin feel, while lasting the whole day. The benefits truly outweigh the negatives. So if you're like me, and dying for mineral makeup, but can't afford $25 for some face powder, try Bare Naturale. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by fuzzyapricot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first attempt at mineral makeup. I had wanted to switch from nasty liquid makeup to Bare Minerals, but I didn't have enough money (lol), so I decided to give this a try. I spent forever trying to get the right shade, but eventually I did. At first I didn't like it, but it was partly because of the brush. The brush is HORRIBLE on my face. It's extremely itchy and doesn't apply the makeup very well. I ended up buying a Japonesque powder brush, and now it works very nicely. The makeup covers nicely, but it will sometimes make my face look dry if i haven't used a primer before-hand. I actually don't think the packaging is that bad. People are afraid the cap is going to pop off in your bag, but I put mine in a makeup bag in my purse, and so far, it hasn't popped off or caused any trouble.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2007 8:17:00 PM More reviews by historydiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first full-size mineral makeup purchase. I had read decent reviews of it, and thought why not since it was so much cheaper than Alima mineral makeup. (Which I had sampled, grr - don't like paying for samples!, and strongly disliked.)

Anyways, L'Oreal's mineral foundation left my skin shiny and my pores looking very obvious. You have to apply it and blend it just so for it to look ok. The color was never a good match for my pale skin and I bought the palest color available. It works great as a spot concealer and does an amazing job on neutralizing redness.

Overall, disappointing product and I really wanted to like it since I have had such good experience with L'Oreal foundation and blush in the past. I recommend Physician's Formula Mineral Makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm probably the last person to experience the wonders of mineral makeup. Not because I haven't wanted to try them--more because I had a hard time finding shades that matched my skin. Granted, I usually spent a tiny amount of time actually searching for the shades, but the ones I found were either the right color but the wrong undertone (I need an orange-ish base, and I usually found the blues or yellows), or were just too light for my skin. Rarely have I found one that was too dark, which makes me wonder which products are available for women who have darker skin than mine.

While choosing the Bare Naturale shade that was right for me, I had to spend a lot of time deciphering which one would work. A LOT of time. Trying to hold the bottles against my skin in daylight (which was almost impossible in the store), holding then against my cheeks, shaking the bottles to try to see the powder more clearly. Given that there weren't any testers for this, I really wish that L'Oreal had designed a less opaque bottle out of a material that didn't alter the true shade of the makeup.

After shaking, tossing, comparing and squinting for ten minutes, I decided between the Cocoa and the Natural Tan. Which were, of course, the two darkest colors. I originally went with the Cocoa (I use L'Oreal's "Soft Sable" shade in their Infalliable foundation, and Cocoa seemed to somewhat match that one), but decided against it because it appeared to be a bit *too* dark for my skin, and seemed to have a red-blue base. So I went with the Natural Tan, as it seemed more orangey, and almost blended into my skin while the Cocoa was a contrast. Again, this was determined in the most unscientific method possible, along with using that "choose your adventure" makeup-coloring-card that was next to the shades.

The Natural Tan was, of course, too light for my skin. Unfortunately, I purchased it from a store that didn't do any exchanges on open makeup, so I had to do something to make it work. Eventually, I just crushed some of an old Cover Girl compact foundation (in Tawny), jimmied open the Bare Naturale container, and mixed the two foundations together. And slowly started to wonder if I should be working this hard to use such an overpriced foundation.

After combining the powders, I was able to produce a shade that, when applied with the feathery of lightest dabs, didn't make me look like an ashy teenaged girl who just figured out that mommy had a lot of pretty makeup in the bathroom. I'm still not fond of the yellow cast that it puts onto my skin, as I can definitely tell that I'm wearing the wrong shade, but the coverage is rather amazing.

I should actually mention the merits of the product now, right? Well, given how little powder that I used, I was shocked at how well it covered any imperfections on my face (a few light acne scars), and how long it lasted. I did notice that I was a bit oilier (in the T-zone--my cheeks were still perfectly matte) after eight hours than I would've been had I used anotther pocket foundation, but that was because I didn't dare touch up my makeup with the BN. I didn't want to further imitate Bauhaus' long-forgotten black tambourine player, Scarlet Cocoa.

Also, the bottle isn't really easy to transport with you, and I have a purse big enough to stuff a small dog, along with that tambourine, inside. I was just too afraid that the top would pop off, or the brush itself would unscrew. So this will have to sit on my bathroom countertop, which is a pain because assuming that I had the right color, I would love to carry this with me and make a few touch-ups during the day.

The brush that came with the BN did an ok job of applying and spreading the powder, but it was a bit stiff for my preferences and I could tell that it wasn't spreading as easily as it would have if I used my other kabuki brush. Having tested the application with each brush, my brush definitely does the job easier and more quickly, and doesn't feel as harsh on my face.

People who are on the fence about the color they'd need, first of all make sure that you buy it from a store that does exchanges. If you're in an area like me, and only one store sells the darker shades, this might not work out as well. If you have to just purchase one off of the shelf and you're choosing between two shades, you might be better off going for the darker one because I noticed that shades appear lighter on the skin than they are in the container. Or, if there's a BOGO, just go ahead and get both and then mix them.

I gave the product a four because I can tell that if I hadn't had issues with the coloring, I would've loved this foundation. I still don't like the bottle or the brush that much, but the makeup does a good enough job for me to overlook those things.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2007 10:24:00 PM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought L'Oreal's Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation at WalMart because I was in a jam and needed MU fast. I guessed at a shade (and it is a guess because it's not so easy to see the powder the way it's packaged) and figured it's OK if it's just OK.

Well, OK is what I got. Nothing to be excited about. I don't think I can blame the Creamy Natural shade I chose for the dull, ashy look.

As a user of MMU for several years, I am experienced at applying it and know full well that a little goes a long way. I followed directions, dipping the brush into the powder then tried to tap off the excess, which really didn't work so well because there's so much powder on top of the sifter! It always looked like too much to me on the brush, and yes, it looked and felt like too much on my face. Accustomed to using a very soft synthetic fiber kabuki brush, I found this brush very stiff and rough on my skin, which also made it very frustrating to get the coverage correct.

My face looked and felt very dry and tight - almost a whole new feeling to my normal-oily to very oily combo skin! I'm guessing that it was the talc (and who knows what else) that made my face look so dry.

It's possible I would like it more if I used my own MU brushes to apply, or was adventurous enough to another shade, but IMHO, it's not worth it for me at this time. At least I can keep this in the car for the next "jam", and will have something instead of nothing.

INGREDIENTS:
ACTIVE: Titanium Dioxide 3%, Zinc Oxide 5%
INACTIVE: Talc, Boron Nitride, Omethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnuba) Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol Panthenol.
May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by vintagehope

Not a HG, but decent. BE made me itch like crazy, this doesn't. The packaging on this is far less messy - better portability (though it is sort of bulky). It also works better than the Neutrogena mineral makeup - the packaging on that (shake it til the comes through the brush) makes it impossible to get enough product.
My mother bought the wrong shade when this stuff first came out and gave it to me (it was also too dark for me). The brush on that bottle was bigger than the one I just recently bought. The smaller brush is alright.
Honestly, I didn't purchase this to use every day as my main foundation - it's my backup for traveling, keep it in the car for days I don't wear makeup but find myself in a pinch needing something to help even out my skin. For that purpose, it's too expensive for what it is, but it's decent and doesn't irritate me. I just noticed that my cheeks look a little cakey under crappy flourescent bathroom lights, but I applied this in my car in natural light and it looked great out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by tuffnail

Blah!! Money down the toilet. This is the worst foundation I've ever used.

I've applied this foundation on a couple of times and am not convinced by it. Even if I apply moisturizer right before applying the makeup I still end up with a very unnatural finish. My face looks pasty and dull, not natural and glowing like with other foundations I previously used. Nope, I won't recommend nor purchase this product again.