Although all of the shades are AMAZING, they DO smudge under my eyes after a few hours of wearing them. I now only use the golden colours and the lighter colours since they are so beautiful and i cant resist! I think that different people have different opinions, but i also think that there are other eyeliners out there that will stay on for a longer period of time.
I wanted to try this 24/7 Glide on Eye pencils but could never bring myself to shell out $17 for one eyeliner. This was included in the BOS2 so I got really excited. This liner is really pigmented and it does glide on. It's very creamy and you can take a q-tip and wipe away if you made a mistake or the line is too thick. Then it sets. But approximately 3-4 hours after I applied this, it smudged all underneath my lower lash line. I tried it like 3 times and all 3 times it smudges. Sad because I really wanted to like it.
This eyeliner is horrible. "24/7" is a joke. It smudges and bleeds all over my lower lids less than 30 min after application. I've tried everything, even settting with powder and UDPP doesn't work. I do have oily skin, but that doesn't give it an excuse. My revlon colorstay and styli-style liner stay on much better than this one. DO NOT waste your money.
When I saw the rating on this product, I was appalled! This is SUCH a great eye-liner. To be honest, I haven't tried all the eye liners in the world, but just one glide and I could tell this was the eye liner for me!! I LOVE IT. although it is much more expensive than most eye liners, it's beautiful!
This is pretty much the best thing since clitoral vibrators.
I was always using liquid black eyeliner on my top lashes, until I found this. It doesn't smudge, unless you intentionally make it smudge, and it goes on so smooth. I haven't tried many other black pencil liners other than drugstore brand ones, but this really is worth the price. Already have a back up full size when my travel sized one runs out! I have had the travel sized for a few months now and used it many times and it has barely worn down.
When I first started out with make up I was an eyeliner junkie. I tried so many different drugstore eyeliners. When I thought I finally found my everyday go to eyeliner which was the Revlon Colorstay one, I found this one and boy am I happy with it. In reality they're both really similar but it's just that one is a pencil and the other one is a retractable crayon. This Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencil liner is a bit more creamier and does not break like the Revlon Colorstay does for me (it broke and fell out so many times). The cons about this product is that it does not last on your waterline AT ALL. About 15 minutes after I applied it on my waterline it was already faded. The price is also a huge con because in Canada it's about 22 dollars Canadian which is really pricey. My last on isn't as important, it's just that it's a bit hard to sharpen nciely because it's so creamy, but then again my sharpener is from Sephora and it was their cheapest one so maybe that's why. I'm thinking of getting another sharpener though. But overall this is a great product that does a great job of what it is suppose to do and I can use easily because my hand is super shaky and I would definitely repurchase.
Things I love:
the staying power ~ I have no issues with smudging or fading
I use it it as a 'regular' eyeliner and for tightlining. I can't say how it stands up to the waterline, as using black there would just close up my eyes.
it's soft and creamy ~ no tugging or having to 'work' to apply it
the color ~ it's a deep, rich black with no glitter or shimmer or harshness to it at all.
Things I don't love:
the softness means you have to be careful sharpening it...take care and it will be fine
the price ~ it makes me wince just a teeny bit...doesn't mean it's not worth it, but still...
Would I buy it again? Yep. Would I recommend it? Yep.
This is the best (although not absolutely perfect) eyeliner I have found in my 30 years of wearing eyeliner. The Sephora saleswomen at midtown NYC location unanimously told me this was the best, long lasting eyeliner in their store. I bought the black color "Zero" and it is a rich black color that lasts and lasts. Although some reviewers complain about the soft texture (as we lose a lot of the pencil when we are sharpening the point), I choose to think positive that as I am 43, I am grateful not to have any eye products that tug the eye (and potentially create more wrinkles, stress on the eye). When I apply this pencil on the upper lid, I use an eyeliner brush to perfect the line quickly (as the "soft" texture does set into place).
As I am Korean, Asian Eyes have a different shape (esp the upper lid which tends to be more "flat", with less of a hooded lid which encourages easy smudging).
Some tips to prevent smudging:
- I used a primer, Too Faced's "Shadow Insurance" which IMMEDIATELY worked (one eyeliner side didn't budge while the other side without the primer smudged a bit). I prefer Too Faced's over Urban Decay Primer Potion as UD's Primer makes my eye shadow cake.
- For a richer, "Sophia Loren", cat eye look (like liquid eyeliner, I put black or navy iridescent powder eyeshadow on top) and seal it with Trish McEvoy's Finish Line.
I "accidentally" tested this eyeliner to Sephora's Waterproof Eyeliner (self-sharpening version). I wore one on one eye and the other eye (w/no sealant or primer). I accidentally fell asleep and when I woke up, the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil had minimal smudging and strong color compared to the Sephora pencil (Sephora's was still very impressive but just did not hold up to Urban Decay's legendary reputation).
Other brands and types of eyeliners I have tried (I am 43 and I have been wearing eyeliner (navy and black) since I was 14 years old):
- Sephora's Waterproof Eyeliner - 2nd place compared to UD 24/7 Pencil.
- Make Up Forever's Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil: pretty good but less rich color and doesn't last as long and smudges more than Urban Decay
- EVERY pencil out there (Almay, C. Dior, Chanel, E. Arden, Maybelline, Revlon, Stila etc.). None of these compare to UD. When I was a teen and sometimes even now, I'd light the tip of the Maybelline brow pencil with a lighter to "lightly" melt the eyeliner, and then when it was ALMOST hard/cool, I'd draw on my upper line and it would "cool" and set perfectly and not budge (this technique does require some skill and a makeup artist taught me this).
- Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Eyeliner: this is the longest lasting liner in a pot/cake eyeliner (more smudge proof and doesn't dry out like Stila's Smudge Pot). Fun and glamorous to use, but I find in the long haul, this smudges more than the UD 24/7 Pencil.
- Liquid liners (whether brush or pen style) simply do not work for me as when my eyes water, I have a horrible huge black smudge on my eye which unless I'm lucky enough to have a friend inform me, I have no idea I'm walking around with a partial black eye.
***UPDATE 3/21/10 - I just bought Tarina Tarantino's Eye Pencils and they are even better than Urban Decay's (lasts longer, doesn't smudge, beautiful colors)
I love to use black eyeliner to define my almond eyes. I used to use wet black e/s but after it dries - it powders off. However, I read up a review about this and decide to give it a try. I was so amazed how smooth and DARK the zero was. I absolutely love it. It goes on so easy on my top waterline.
It is a 'lil pricey and I'm so scared to sharpen it b/c I know how much is shaved off everytime I sharpen it. Overall - it's great to use on your upper waterline and give your eyes that smokey-cat eye :)