December 22, 2014 | 1632 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2007 4:12:00 PM More reviews by moocowmoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very impressed with this powder and I'm on my second compact. I have the oiliest skin ever, and nothing kept it at bay except for Clinac O.C. gel, which only worked for a couple of hours. I've found that when I pair this pressed powder with the Clinac O.C., I can go 4-5 hours without having to blot which is amazing for me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because there isn't all that much powder in a compact, and at $20 a pop, it can get a bit pricey to keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2007 7:51:00 PM More reviews by incendiare

This is absolutely perfect for applying over my foundation. It gives my face a more finished look, makes it look more matte, and helps with the shine. I find I am using this up a lot faster than I had originally thought I would, though. A definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Buttercup89

I like this...my face tends to get pretty oily and this definitely helps to keep the oil at bay for a little longer than usual! I may buy this again but I'm always experimenting and this isn't an essential for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 7:31:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For some reason I keep forgetting how much I can't stand MAC Blot and rebuying it every couple of years for some reason. Blot is chalky, powdery and what it does do effectively, like getting rid of shine, is nothing special. I'll stick to my Maybelline compact from not on. It might not be as pretty to look at, but it sure does the job better. For reference, I have normal skin that is fair (NW15) and used the "fair" shade of blot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so glad I decided to get this! I have 10 different powders in my bathroom drawer and half look good but don't help with the oil. The other half don't look natural. This looks natural AND controls oil. How about that? I am fair so I use the light. It is a dream!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ellesah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG translucent powder. Blot powder is the answer to oily skin. It keeps my face matte all day all night. Even when ive been at work running around, or in the sun. Doesn't look cakey or white. Just don't use the puff provided. I use a nice brush and swirl it on to set foundation and touchups.
But don't need much touchups at all as it keeps my Mu really nice and matte.
Great price too!

For ref., NC40, i got this in Med/Dark

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the raves, I had to try this. So I tested it at the counter before lunch. After lunch, I looked in the mirror. ICK - it had settled into the pores on my nose and I had little white puddles. NOT good. No way was I going to buy it after that!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 1BeautifulDisaster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Mac Blot. I dont like a heavy feeling, just want to blot the shine and this works perfectly. There is not much color but if you want color, then the studio fix or soemthing else might be better for you. THis simply blots any shine and you dont feel the weight at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by gowingstjc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this with my BE MMU as a setting powder. I might try the loose to see if I like that for home application. But this compact makes it nice to use. I do use it with a brush for better application. Helps to keep the oil away. I also use blotting papers and then this after. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder is amazing. I use it to finish up my makeup and for blotting throughout the day.

I had a Maybelline Wonder Finish foundation bottle that I used once and never again because of the terrible finish it had, until I gave it another try this time by adding MAC Blot Powder on top...& out came the true "wonder finish".

I have combo skin and I use it when my T-zone gets oily during the day. First I blot with a tissue paper then I powder.

Applying to much of Blot Powder in Light can make you look like a ghost so you have to use it with caution.

Would prefer a package that separates the applicator, though.

UPDATE: This powder breaks me out.