MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 9/20/2007 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice powder that keeps me extremely matte for 2-3 hours and fairly matte for another hour or so. Still pretty good considering my t-zone tends to be shiny, especially in the summer. The powder puff-like thing that comes with it is only mediocre but I like the look of the compact itself. Not bad for 25 bucks Canadian. I'd buy it again if I don't find anything better - perhaps something less heavy duty for the winter.

on 9/14/2007 5:20:00 PM

I love the blot powder. I have a problems with oily skin in certain areas.. and it works perfectly.. and gives me a great finished look. I love it so much once I ran out of one I went and bought another one..

on 9/14/2007 12:50:00 AM

this is a miracle.

on 9/12/2007 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff!!! It mattifies the skin without changing the color of your makeup or adding extra powder.

I have VERY oily skin and I too use this on top of my mineral makeup. PERFECTION ALL DAY!!!

It costs more than some but it's not outrageous. I wouldn't trade it.

on 8/29/2007 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm so glad I caved and bought this product. I waited a week after using it everyday to review and NO BREAKOUTS!!! I use this over mineral makeup, and I don't get shiney as easily. The trick is to blot excess oil off with a 1 ply tissue or something (why spend $ on blot paper?) because then you're just layering powder over grease from your face then use a powder brush to apply. Throw away that cheapie "sponge" it comes with (which has the texture of a crappy cotton/polyester towel), and (if you must), replace with a decent sponge that you should change everyday. I just buy a pack of sponges at target for 2 dollars.

Anyway, I stay matte SO much longer than usual and my skin looks natural! Im and nc43 and dark works well. I only have to reapply twice in a day, and I stay matte but not fake matte. This is such an improvement for my oily skin! Also, this contains no talc like that dreaded studio fix fyi :]

EDIT: damn, it broke. i threw it the powder in my mineral mu pot (i use them both anyway). oh well, my compacts always break anyway. I still have a bit left in the case that i can carry around.

on 8/27/2007 2:59:00 PM

I bought this product because of good reviews here. Since going off the pill, my face has been shiny in the t-zone and I need to blot a couple times a day. Anyway, I liked this at first but after awhile I started smelling a nauseating smell. I thought it was the pad so I washed it. The smell came back. I then threw the pad away and bought a new one. I am not even 1/3 through the powder and the smell is back. I think it is just the smell of the powder itself. Maybe that combined with the oil it is blotting. I have never had this before with any pressed powder. Will not repurchase. It feels icky.

on 8/19/2007 6:54:00 PM

At first it worked just fine. I had to blot quite often, 3-4 times/day perhaps, but it did the job. Didn't feel like I was layering on loads of powder and it didn't look like it, either. BUT, and I can see I'm not alone, I think it breaks me out. (I'm pretty sure this is the thing causing my troubles, but I can't be absolutely certain. Won't try it again though, I break out each time I use it... Coincidence? I think not.) So I'm going back to Clinique Stay Matte for now. Doesn't keep me as matte as MAC does, but I prefer a little shine to a lot of bumps and pimples.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is ok. I find the product does not last long, and like a previous commenter said, it feels like you are putting more gunk on your face.

In my case, this was my HG for a while until I started looking at my skincare regimen to find out why my forehead was so oily. Tweaking my cleansing products helped me not need this anymore.

That said, I think this is a great product for someone who needs temporary oil control because they are wearing more makeup than usual, or are going on tv, or going to a wedding...but not as a daily hg product. I can see why a makeup artist or a salon owner would have some of this on hand. In my case, changing TM and my cleansing regimen made me less greasy and got this relegated to the bottom of the makeup case for special occasions, which is a good thing because you can hit pan on this quickly. I can finish one of these in two to three months, whereas normal pressed powders last me six.

on 8/17/2007 10:34:00 PM

I bought this product, still have some left Iím planning to use it until I finish it and then try something different. Overall itís ok but it feels kinda icky putting on more gunk on my face when oilyÖthe blotting tissues (from other brands) work but pretty expensive to always have to refill more frequently.

on 8/15/2007 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this stuff is the best sh!t ever. love it. so so so so good. the IDEAL touch-up powder. works extremely well.

the end!