September 30, 2014 | 1897 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so glad I decided to get this! I have 10 different powders in my bathroom drawer and half look good but don't help with the oil. The other half don't look natural. This looks natural AND controls oil. How about that? I am fair so I use the light. It is a dream!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ellesah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG translucent powder. Blot powder is the answer to oily skin. It keeps my face matte all day all night. Even when ive been at work running around, or in the sun. Doesn't look cakey or white. Just don't use the puff provided. I use a nice brush and swirl it on to set foundation and touchups.
But don't need much touchups at all as it keeps my Mu really nice and matte.
Great price too!

For ref., NC40, i got this in Med/Dark

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the raves, I had to try this. So I tested it at the counter before lunch. After lunch, I looked in the mirror. ICK - it had settled into the pores on my nose and I had little white puddles. NOT good. No way was I going to buy it after that!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 1BeautifulDisaster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Mac Blot. I dont like a heavy feeling, just want to blot the shine and this works perfectly. There is not much color but if you want color, then the studio fix or soemthing else might be better for you. THis simply blots any shine and you dont feel the weight at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by gowingstjc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this with my BE MMU as a setting powder. I might try the loose to see if I like that for home application. But this compact makes it nice to use. I do use it with a brush for better application. Helps to keep the oil away. I also use blotting papers and then this after. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder is amazing. I use it to finish up my makeup and for blotting throughout the day.

I had a Maybelline Wonder Finish foundation bottle that I used once and never again because of the terrible finish it had, until I gave it another try this time by adding MAC Blot Powder on top...& out came the true "wonder finish".

I have combo skin and I use it when my T-zone gets oily during the day. First I blot with a tissue paper then I powder.

Applying to much of Blot Powder in Light can make you look like a ghost so you have to use it with caution.

Would prefer a package that separates the applicator, though.

UPDATE: This powder breaks me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I do like it how absorbed the oil on my face throughout the day but it is not something that i find you can apply whenever you see it wearing off because it will discolor your face in the spots you touch up. claims it wont but it will. I didn't notice that it was clogging my pores for about two months and i just recently stopped using it and my face is less breakout prone. I do love the product and i think it works. just not for all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

Love this pressed powder....it's simple and it just blots off the excess oil throughout the day. I blot first with a blotting tissue......then I lightly dust this powder over my face and my skin looks so fresh. Too bad it isn't cheaper at $19.....but oh wells.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by hizzlehazzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried this in both the compact and loose powder and I prefer the compact even though the powder will break apart if you drop the compact. This stuff keeps my face matte like no other. It also doesn't cause any breakouts. This stuff is good to use over foundation or alone. *edit* What i really don't like about this is that it imparts more color than I would like it to - especially since there are very few shades to choose from and I'm in-between shades AND I have really yellow undertones which I don't think goes well with these colors. I wish MAC would do more colors or do a completely transparent one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 3:14:00 AM More reviews by tecky

Im glad i gave mac blot a try.No oilies & no breakouts =)
I have always been hesitant to try mac.
I had zits w/ The mineralized skin finish ,same w/ the studiofix.
This product is great & its my current pressed powder favorite =)