MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

It could be cakey but it controls oil so well. I can see the powder sitting on top of my skin when i first put it on, but after 10 mins or so, it looks a lot more natural. I have medium/dark but it's still fairly light for my fair-medium NW25 skintone.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It works great to keep my skin getting oily from beneath the foundation. I apply it as setting powder with a large brush and it stays all day long! I'd recommend it to anyone with oily or combination skin.

Well i don't know if i gave this much of a chance but i dont want to take this risk again. the day i got this (afternoon around 2pm) i applied to my shiny face. i was a little scared to try it because previous MAC products i have used and reviewd here on MUA have broken me out. i'm not talking about a little pimple i'm talking about the ones deep under your skin that you can't mess with and look huge. well anyways back to my review, so i applied with a fluffy powder brush and i noticed it looked cakey. i left it on since i was at home and didn't care that it looked cakey, i was just trying to test it and see if it contoled my oiles better. well later that evening i noticed i was oily again so instead of reapplying i just washed my face and i noticed i had 3 huge pimples growing under my skin. i couldn't believe it. i know it was the MAC powder that did it. uuuggghhh i hate MAC. since then i've packed it away and will continue to use my Revlon powder and foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just can't get this to work for me! I tried to use it for touch-ups but it literally just sits on top of my skin and spotlights all of my lovely pores =( It doesn't seem to control any oil for me either. I much prefer the loose version of Blot.

Lightweight, translucent powder that keeps the face looking shiny and oily, gives a glow while doing so. I love that this powder actually works w/o caking on my face. The combination of Prep+Prime Face SPF 50 applied under foundation and Blot Powder applied over makeup keeps me matte all day, and i never have to touch up during the day.

I tried applying it right after foundation as a setting power but realized that blush/bronzer/highlighter don't blend as much as they should when applied on top of Blot Powder. So now, I apply it, after i'm done w/ my makeup, as a finishing power. I use 182 brush and buff it on my nose, forehead and chin. I find that applying it w/ a brush is easier and prevents caking and using too much product.

Normal (to combination) skin, NC/NW20, i'm using Medium.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I Love this powder! i seriously oily skin, i have to reapply powder on my nose chin and forehead very 4 hours or so during the day. I have used everything from Cover girl to Clinique but when i went to the MAC counter in search of a blot powder, it was a match made in makeup heaven. It is very sheer, so when i use it to touch up my studio fix it does not interfere with my color or look cakey. It stays matte for hours! when i wear this along with my studio fix( i only weat studio fix to cover a few scars on my face) i dont have to reapply for about 6 hours!! It amazing! I do think it is a bit pricey for a blot powder that I carry around ion my purse for touchups. I feel like i do go through quite often. But its a great buy! Highly Reccomended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG when it comes to pressed powders and believe me when I say that I have tried my fair share. From Shiseido, Chanel, Dior, Laura Mercier none of them beat the oil control of this baby and still keeping my face looking natural and not cakey. I use this with a large powder brush like the MAC 129 for a soft sheer look or use the puff, leave for one minute and dust off excess if I want a more matte and durable performance.

For some reason I prefer this version to the loose powder one as it doesn't seem to alter my foundation or tinted moisturiser. Usually I apply it over Armani Luminous Silk or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil-Free and Love the results.

It has to be the MAC product that ALWAYS reaches the pan for me and I'm on my fourth purchase.

I went from this to the loose blot - as i dropped the compact & the powder cake shattered & made a huge mess. But now i have reverted to the pressed version (in Light - i wear n2 in F&B). I am happier with it as i found the loose oxidising & also its hard to get the right amount out. All in all i am happier with the pressed version (i use a big brush to apply) - it is easier to get the coverage you want.HG.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product.
I've been using it for 2 weeks, but I was so surprised to see it really worked getting my oilies away!
You know, I'm those kind of people that look like if I had put my nose on oil after 3-4 hours of washing my face... And I don't mean "shine"... it's really OILY.
But now my skin stays absolutely oil-free for around 6 hours. I just have to reapply once by midday.

I have this in "Light". Nice tone, doesn't add any colour at all.

I use a brush to apply it as I'm used to this kind of tool. I give it a 5 and only gave a 4 for packaging wuality as I think it should come with a little brush... anyway, still excellent.
Hope MAC never stops selling this product.
I recommend it.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I am also in the minority but this product does not work for me at all. I have oily Tzone and whenever I wear this, it sort of sits on top of my skin...never sinks in, and never looks natural. I'm an NC45 but when I don't have my golden summer tan, I wear C6. When I use C6 I can wear the Med/Dark shade which looks way more natural than Dark but still a bit on the light side.
Dark is one of those shades that looks "off" and ashy on darker skin. I know some say that this deposits NO color but I beg to differ. It deposits ashes. LOL.
I know others love this but I prefer their Sheer Select Pressed powder over this, which gives me more of an airbrushed finish with a hint of my true complexion shade rather than ashyness.

Recommended for Normal Skin