April 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by dawnsp

I've gone through 5 compacts so far (and the only reason I know that is because they have a recycling program!): yes, this is probably the best powder ever. My (large) pores disappear, it doesn't look heavy, and it controls oil and lasts like nothing else. I'll keep buying it. My skin is medium/olive and very oily.

Only negative thing I can say is it comes in a pretty limited range of shades - 3 or 4? And medium dark (I think that's the darkest shade offered) won't work for very dark complexions, I suspect. Go darker than you think you'll need, use a brush to apply (not the puff) and it should work pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sonya80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Blotting wise, I prefer Stila sheer pressed powder, but stila is just too flat to put any puff on it, so it's kind of inconvenient.
With that said, MAC blot tend to get cakey if I sweat a lot on hot days.
I threw out cover girl powder puff looking thing out from MAC blot, and replaced it with MAC "leatherette* puff from MAC sheer powder, which is really soft fine hairy puff. Case is black,slick, MAC. I live in southern california, and really love this powder in hot weathers. It is little too dry in cold weather (My skin type is normal). Even though I'm NC15, I wear this in Medium. It is almost colorless, but Light makes me look little cakey when applied all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by macgrrl65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best powder I've ever used...It keeps even the oiliest of us shine free for hours without major pore cloggage...I think this is one of the few products that I've bought routinely for a few years now..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by laceylew

I really like this. It mattes oil completely without having in pigment. This will not oxidize on your skin like many MAC powders do. Just remember to go 1 shade darker than what you think you would be, or else it may be slightly chalky. I am a light-medium peachy tan in complexion and wear the medium-dark!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kpmal

This product works well for oil absorption, however I must complain that it isnt acutally as "translucent" as it claims to be with the different colours light, medium, medium-dark, dark
What actually happened is in pictures I have a white cast when I use this over my regular foundation, which had never happened before if I had used the Black Opal Invisible Oil Blocking Powder. This is a good product, just not as neutral as I hoped since I got the white cast!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 10:14:00 PM More reviews by blueberrylove

This product has been so wonderful for me. I have oily skin with big pores and I live in sunny southern california (not a great combo), but this product has managed to keep my oily skin from shining. I buff it lightly over my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and it makes my pores look non existant. Great great great product! I will definately be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of very few products I keep buying again and again. It keeps my nose from looking oily for a long time without adding too much color; looks natural and matte. Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Jenifer1717

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ooooh I loooove this!!! this blot powder is deffinetly my HG product, I cannot live without this considering I have very oily skin. I have this in "Light" which is basically sheer (my mom has significantly darker skin than I do and she bought her own in this shade as well) and it works GREAT alone, or over makeup. when using this at school I usually you a blot sheet and THEN a dab or two of this powder on my nose and forehead, and it will last me from lunch till about 4. Deffinetly I cannot live without this product!! life saver!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this with all of the other studio makeup. Looked orangey on. Seemed to control oil a little, but not as well as EL or even clinique. Back it went with the rest of the MAC stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

I've been using this Blot Powder in Dark (NW30) only on my nose as this is the only visible oily area on my face. I like the fact that my nose wasn't shiny and this product did not cause a visible bulid-up. This blot powder is very sheer and nearly colorless, so it looks natural throughout the day. I don't like the fact that the powder puff does not have a seperate compartment like the SF powder, but you can't have it all right? Price was reasonable as this should last me forever since I only use it on my nose. Highly recommened!