MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 10/9/2007 5:37:00 PM

CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THIS!!! I love MAC Blot Powder for my extremely oily skin. Nth controls oil better than this. I don't know if MAC products affect your skin in the long term but still I tried everything from Guerlain, Chanel, Lancome, Dior... and was not satisfied until I found MAC blot.

UPDATE: it's a little chalky, I've tried with sponge provided and kabuki brush. Plus MAC products always cause me to break out at some level.

on 9/27/2007 11:18:00 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but I am not a fan of this powder. First of all, I cannot get over how white all of these powders look! The SA told me to try med/dark (nc42-43) and insisted it wasn't too light, and unfortunately i believed him. No matter how lightly I apply (I use a fluffy powder brush) this makes me look like a ghost. Furthermore, it seems to sit on top of my skin instead of sinking in. After 15 mins or so it finally starts to look a bit more natural, but I can't wait around every time I reapply before going out in public. So sadly, despite all the good reviews, this does not work for me. On the positive side, it didn't break me out.

on 9/24/2007 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product over a year ago and then decided to swap it away, for some I thought I would find something better. Well....I just bought another one and will stick with it this time. I have very oily skin majority of the year and this seems to help w/ the oilies better than most pressed powders. The one thing I have noticed it does not do is make me oilier and make my pores around my t-zone are larger. Almost all other powders have done that to me even if they claim to be oil free. Nice pressed powder for ppl w/ combo to oily skin tone. I also like that it gives me a tad of color with it.

on 9/20/2007 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice powder that keeps me extremely matte for 2-3 hours and fairly matte for another hour or so. Still pretty good considering my t-zone tends to be shiny, especially in the summer. The powder puff-like thing that comes with it is only mediocre but I like the look of the compact itself. Not bad for 25 bucks Canadian. I'd buy it again if I don't find anything better - perhaps something less heavy duty for the winter.

on 9/14/2007 5:20:00 PM

I love the blot powder. I have a problems with oily skin in certain areas.. and it works perfectly.. and gives me a great finished look. I love it so much once I ran out of one I went and bought another one..

on 9/14/2007 12:50:00 AM

this is a miracle.

on 9/12/2007 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff!!! It mattifies the skin without changing the color of your makeup or adding extra powder.

I have VERY oily skin and I too use this on top of my mineral makeup. PERFECTION ALL DAY!!!

It costs more than some but it's not outrageous. I wouldn't trade it.

on 8/29/2007 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm so glad I caved and bought this product. I waited a week after using it everyday to review and NO BREAKOUTS!!! I use this over mineral makeup, and I don't get shiney as easily. The trick is to blot excess oil off with a 1 ply tissue or something (why spend $ on blot paper?) because then you're just layering powder over grease from your face then use a powder brush to apply. Throw away that cheapie "sponge" it comes with (which has the texture of a crappy cotton/polyester towel), and (if you must), replace with a decent sponge that you should change everyday. I just buy a pack of sponges at target for 2 dollars.

Anyway, I stay matte SO much longer than usual and my skin looks natural! Im and nc43 and dark works well. I only have to reapply twice in a day, and I stay matte but not fake matte. This is such an improvement for my oily skin! Also, this contains no talc like that dreaded studio fix fyi :]

EDIT: damn, it broke. i threw it the powder in my mineral mu pot (i use them both anyway). oh well, my compacts always break anyway. I still have a bit left in the case that i can carry around.

on 8/27/2007 2:59:00 PM

I bought this product because of good reviews here. Since going off the pill, my face has been shiny in the t-zone and I need to blot a couple times a day. Anyway, I liked this at first but after awhile I started smelling a nauseating smell. I thought it was the pad so I washed it. The smell came back. I then threw the pad away and bought a new one. I am not even 1/3 through the powder and the smell is back. I think it is just the smell of the powder itself. Maybe that combined with the oil it is blotting. I have never had this before with any pressed powder. Will not repurchase. It feels icky.

on 8/19/2007 6:54:00 PM

At first it worked just fine. I had to blot quite often, 3-4 times/day perhaps, but it did the job. Didn't feel like I was layering on loads of powder and it didn't look like it, either. BUT, and I can see I'm not alone, I think it breaks me out. (I'm pretty sure this is the thing causing my troubles, but I can't be absolutely certain. Won't try it again though, I break out each time I use it... Coincidence? I think not.) So I'm going back to Clinique Stay Matte for now. Doesn't keep me as matte as MAC does, but I prefer a little shine to a lot of bumps and pimples.