MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 8/29/2007 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm so glad I caved and bought this product. I waited a week after using it everyday to review and NO BREAKOUTS!!! I use this over mineral makeup, and I don't get shiney as easily. The trick is to blot excess oil off with a 1 ply tissue or something (why spend $ on blot paper?) because then you're just layering powder over grease from your face then use a powder brush to apply. Throw away that cheapie "sponge" it comes with (which has the texture of a crappy cotton/polyester towel), and (if you must), replace with a decent sponge that you should change everyday. I just buy a pack of sponges at target for 2 dollars.

Anyway, I stay matte SO much longer than usual and my skin looks natural! Im and nc43 and dark works well. I only have to reapply twice in a day, and I stay matte but not fake matte. This is such an improvement for my oily skin! Also, this contains no talc like that dreaded studio fix fyi :]

EDIT: damn, it broke. i threw it the powder in my mineral mu pot (i use them both anyway). oh well, my compacts always break anyway. I still have a bit left in the case that i can carry around.

on 8/27/2007 2:59:00 PM

I bought this product because of good reviews here. Since going off the pill, my face has been shiny in the t-zone and I need to blot a couple times a day. Anyway, I liked this at first but after awhile I started smelling a nauseating smell. I thought it was the pad so I washed it. The smell came back. I then threw the pad away and bought a new one. I am not even 1/3 through the powder and the smell is back. I think it is just the smell of the powder itself. Maybe that combined with the oil it is blotting. I have never had this before with any pressed powder. Will not repurchase. It feels icky.

on 8/19/2007 6:54:00 PM

At first it worked just fine. I had to blot quite often, 3-4 times/day perhaps, but it did the job. Didn't feel like I was layering on loads of powder and it didn't look like it, either. BUT, and I can see I'm not alone, I think it breaks me out. (I'm pretty sure this is the thing causing my troubles, but I can't be absolutely certain. Won't try it again though, I break out each time I use it... Coincidence? I think not.) So I'm going back to Clinique Stay Matte for now. Doesn't keep me as matte as MAC does, but I prefer a little shine to a lot of bumps and pimples.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff is ok. I find the product does not last long, and like a previous commenter said, it feels like you are putting more gunk on your face.

In my case, this was my HG for a while until I started looking at my skincare regimen to find out why my forehead was so oily. Tweaking my cleansing products helped me not need this anymore.

That said, I think this is a great product for someone who needs temporary oil control because they are wearing more makeup than usual, or are going on tv, or going to a wedding...but not as a daily hg product. I can see why a makeup artist or a salon owner would have some of this on hand. In my case, changing TM and my cleansing regimen made me less greasy and got this relegated to the bottom of the makeup case for special occasions, which is a good thing because you can hit pan on this quickly. I can finish one of these in two to three months, whereas normal pressed powders last me six.

on 8/17/2007 10:34:00 PM

I bought this product, still have some left Iím planning to use it until I finish it and then try something different. Overall itís ok but it feels kinda icky putting on more gunk on my face when oilyÖthe blotting tissues (from other brands) work but pretty expensive to always have to refill more frequently.

on 8/15/2007 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this stuff is the best sh!t ever. love it. so so so so good. the IDEAL touch-up powder. works extremely well.

the end!

on 8/13/2007 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It works better than anything else. Recently started using it again. My skin is often broken out anyway, so I don't think this is having an effect one way or the other on breakouts.

on 8/11/2007 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this powder, I don't have any pressed powders and desperately needed one as I usually just use blotting tissues, but sometimes they take the foundation/colour off too, blah! What a drag! So I thought maybe what I needed more was pressed powder. So I went to the MAC counter based on the marvelous reviews here to have a look and try it out but after trying it out I loved it so much I bought it on the spot! Other powders I had tried made me look darker or they were cakey and powdery looking and very obvious I was wearing powder as they made me go from oil slick to dry and cartony in one instant, but this blot powder didn't do any of that. It took away all the considerable amount of very shiny oil I always have the misfortune to sport, but it didn't look like I was wearing anything or had applied anything, it made me look like I was naturally oil-free and even gave me a slightly glowy finish. Unlike other powders it also didn't make me look darker or give me a different colouring. Well now however I still am on the lookout for a decent pressed powder at a lower price to use on bumming-around days since at 19 euros I must save this gem for special occasions! = UPDATE = This powder stuns me every time I use it! It's the ONLY powder ever which doesn't make me look dry and cakey and powdery and therefore aging when I first put it on. I use it with a powder brush, love it!

on 8/9/2007 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product looked great on my skin. Glowy but not too oily. Sadly, both times I tried this (years apart) I broke out terribly in cystic acne within days. But if you don't break out from it, this is a good product.

on 8/8/2007 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this powder and I'm on my second compact. I have the oiliest skin ever, and nothing kept it at bay except for Clinac O.C. gel, which only worked for a couple of hours. I've found that when I pair this pressed powder with the Clinac O.C., I can go 4-5 hours without having to blot which is amazing for me. I will definitely continue to repurchase this. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because there isn't all that much powder in a compact, and at $20 a pop, it can get a bit pricey to keep repurchasing.

Recommended for Normal Skin