December 22, 2014 | 1063 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by imfalling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use jojoba oil as a moisturizer (I don't like waiting for it to sink in), but I do use it to remove my sunblock + impurities at the end of the day. I massage the oil into my face for a few minutes and then I wipe my face with a warm wash cloth. Then I cleanse with a regular facial cleanser. Try it! It's much cheaper than using Dermalogica's Precleanse!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this as a natural moisturizer on my face and it broke me out, duh, lol. I am using it around my eyes and there haven't been any problems to speak of. It works better on my hair than my skin. I wont re-purchase because it's not indispensable. I like coconut and castor oils better for my hair and it's not that great of an eye oil. I'm just trying to use up the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this stuff for everything! Occasionally at night if I have been feeling dry, I put this on before bed and in the morning my face is soft and hydrated. I use it on my hair as a conditioner, body (makes tan skin glow in the summer), cuticles, stubborn eye makeup remover (gets off red lipstick stain!) and sometimes I rub a little into my cheeks for a "dewy" effect instead of blush. It absorbs easily and doesn't clog pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jazzedbutterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a 4 because it gives me break outs.

I love to use it on my hair before I wash it. But I don't recommend using it as a cleanser on your face. I am not acne prone but this really clogs my pores.

I use it on my eyes and its great for an overnight moisturizing treatment.

I wouldn't be without this product... but it still gives me breakouts.

I'm 19 with not acne prone skin but i can get an occasional break out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I researched this on Medline and read that jojoba oil (actually it's a wax, not that such a distinction means anything) is the natural product that's the closest in composition/moisturizing abilities to human sebum. Cool, right? Well, maybe. I tried it as a moisturizer, with my moisturizer, with my cleanser, mixed with water, spritzed and patted and massaged and all kinds of craziness. Didn't do a thing for my very dry skin. Phooey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by tambien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin that won't last more than a couple of hours without blotting. Regardless, I still need a moisturizer and this is the best I've found that helps to balance out my skin and not break me out. (I'm also acne-prone.) I use only a drop to moisturize, wait a couple of minutes for it to sink in, and then blot any excess with a tissue. I've tried other oils for moisturizers, and I love how this one doesn't have any kind of oily scent to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by laughinggnome

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the lightest, most satisfying moisturizer I've found. It isn't greasy, and it moisturizes my normal-slightly oily skin perfectly. The price is low and it's organic... perfect combination!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lovingchu

I thought i would give Dessert Essence Jojoba oil a try since there were many great reviews on MUA. I loved it for the first week of using this product it seemed to give me a clear moisturized skin when i normally get dry patches on my cheeks. But by the second week of using it I started to break out big time. I read that its just my skin purging itself so i gave it 2 more weeks OMG that was the worst Idea ever It took about a month after using this product for my skin to get back to its normal state. I only use this product in the winter for my arms and legs to keep them extra moisturized durning the cold and dry season. I wanted this to work but sadly not on my face..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by AquaMermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this about a month ago to use as a moisturizer for my super dry skin based on all the great reviews here. So far I'm very happy with it. It's the perfect moisturizer for my dry skin. It absorbs quickly leaving my skin feeling so silky and soft, but I have to use it 2-3 times a day on the flaky patches to keep them away all day. One issue I did have is that a week or so after I began using it, I started to break out really badly, though I'm not sure if this is the cause or not. Either way, I started using a lot of acne products to treat it and my skin became very irritated and even more flaky, and the jojoba oil was the only thing that my skin would tolerate. My normal cream made it feel worse, but the jojoba oil felt very soothing, so I continued to use it. Now my acne is starting to clear up, so hopefully I won't break out again. Since getting it, I've found so many other wonderful uses for this. It makes a great massage oil and moisturizers my whole body, getting rid of my itching winter skin. I also use it on my lips, under my lip balm and I put it in my hair before I take a shower for extra conditioning. It's really an amazing, multi use product. I just wish it came in a larger size and a different bottle (the oil seems the leak out of my bottle and get all over the place) but the price is really great for such a useful product. I was wondering if all jojoba oil is the same, of if this brand is better than others. If anybody knows, please let me know. And thanks to everybody on MUA for all the great reviews. I never would have found this otherwise. I would definitely this to others. It's a fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cargrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have been using jojoba oil for years as an under eye and lip moisturizer. dessert essence is very affordable and i purchase from trader joe's. i attribute staving off of crows feet around my eyes from using jojoba oil. it is actually a wax but is called an oil. i love it and will never stop using it.