October 2, 2014 | 1394 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Leslie617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just bought this product, I was using St. Ives Lotion with Collagen/Elastin for years, but in the last few years they added a scent, which I got used to, but I really don't like scents because the lining of my nose is very sensitive. Anyway I wanted a body moisturizer that didn't have mineral oil but the natural brands seemed to never feel right when I tested them on my hand. I decided to buy this cream, I LOVE the consistency (seems more spreadable than Eucerin), it is a little pricey but I actually use less cream than i do lotion. I also love that it is fragrance-free. I also can put it all over my back and chest because I am not worried about it causing breakouts. Also, I am kind of tired about people talking about how the jar is not hygenic--why the hell would you put hands that you haven't just washed in your jar of cream? I only use the cream after I get out of the shower, so I am sure there are trace amounts of bacteria on the body but no more or less than what would be normal to have on you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by crlacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream! I have very dry, sensitive skin. This cream absorbs into the skin quite well, and isn't greasy. I find that it works well on facial skin. I mostly use it as a nighttime moisturizer and as an eye-area moisturizer. It is well-priced, especially for its quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Misha32

This is a great low budget, basic moisturizer. I'm in my early 20's and like to take care of my skin with good cleansers, masks, exfoliating treatments, serums, eye cream, sunblock, and the occasional facial. I've been on an ongoing search for my HG of moisturziers that doesn't break the bank. One day I decided to try Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for my face and I really do like it. It truly leaves my skin hydrated without breaking it out or reacting weird with my makeup or other skincare products. ( Just a side note, I have oily skin.) This cream does not make claims to erase lines, have antioxidants, or anything like that which I understand. Bottom line: It's cheap, I get a whole tub a Costco for I think $12 or something; it fulfills its only claim, which is to hydrate my skin; and is sensitive. If you need a cream with more bells and whistles, this is not the product for you, but if you have sensitive, dry, good skin, definitely give this a shot.

UPDATE: This cream is a bit to heavy for my face, after not using this for a month the little bumps that appeared underneath my skin mostly dissappeared. But as an overall body moisturizer, this stuff is still great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by vintagepinupgirl

I DO use this stuff on my face and I swear by it! I use it in my evening routine in which I use Philosophy's purity or the microdelivery wash (I alternate), BE's skin revver upper, this cetaphil cream, and then MD's hydra pure skin firming eye cream. My skin has never looked better! My pores are not clogged and I have never broken out from using it on my face. I have combination, sensitive, breakout prone skin. The only thing that could be changed is the packaging; it's in a jar and a pump bottle or regular botlle would probably be a little better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:11:00 PM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Yeaaa, like the review below me, I wouldn't suggest putting this on your face. I have before since I needed some heavy duty stuff for my SUPER dry skin...bad idea. Not only did it turn my face into an oil slick, it felt heavy and gross AND I broke out the next day.

But anyway, on to the nice part:
I LOVE that it has no fragrance, plus it does moisturize really well. I use it on my body and right now it's my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I needed a good moisturizer for my face, and since I thought Cetaphil was more of a face brand, I figured I could use this. I don't know if that's bad, but it definately made my face a little crazy and broken out so I stopped using it and it took about a week for my skin to get back to normal. I also don't like that it's in a tub and you jsut stick your hand in it, I would think that would cause a lot of bacteria to get in there. I would use this on the body because it's very softening, just wouldnt' suggest it for the face :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by sunflower77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A simple and excellent body cream. It will be too thick for my face. But it is great for my body and hands. It is fragrance free and colorant free and my skin loves it.

I use this cream in combination with LacHydrin Five lotion. The LacHydrin lotion contains AHA which is a good exfoliator. But LacHydrin is not moisturizing enough. Cetaphil fills the gap.

Will keep buying. BTW, if you are a costco member, you will be able to get this cream at Costco a lot cheaper. Of course, it is cheap to begin with, but it never hurts to save.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by hannax33

i just saw a jar of this lying around the house so i started using this on my body and it moisturizes really well! it's cheap so you will definitly use it for a long time. it's worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great moisturizer. I use it for my body only. I wasn't really paying attention that it was sold next the skincare products. The product is no frills and does exactly what it says it will do: moisturize without fragrance or irritating the skin. I put some on in the morning after I shower and it lasts all day. Costco sells a large 20oz tub of this for $10. So the price cannot be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bellalady

I love this product, it is very inexpensive, lasts forever and works great on my sensitive skin. I use it on my face, hands and body at night and wake up in the morning silky soft. Best of all it doesn't make me breakout! I will defiantly be purchasing this product again.