December 21, 2014 | 1387 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by psforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a night time moisturizer without SPF but something that was very moisturizing, for dry, sensitive skin because winter is coming up and the weather is getting cooler which means my face is getting dry patches. My daytime moisturizer is Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin and that just wasn't enough and it also has SPF which I don't like wearing at night. Then I read all the wonderful reviews about how the Cetaphil Cream is amazing at helping dry skin, and that it is much better than the lotion. They were all true because this stuff is absolutely amazing. I apply this after my shower at night and it makes my skin incredibly soft, absorbs well, and is so darn moisturizing. I'm not worried anymore about finding a good moisturizer for the winter because I use this in the day time too but I put it on before I put on my Olay with SPF since that alone is not enough. Cetaphil Cream is a staple now. I looked around for the tube version instead of the tub and I found it but I read that the tube version is being discontinued which is so sad. I bought 2 tubes on sale for $5.96 CDN EACH which is awesome! When I run out, I guess I'll just buy the tub. I don't really mind it. I highly recommend this product to those with dry skin. For those with oily skin may want to stay away as this is kind of heavy for oily skin and very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahkegypt

This cream works wonders for me! I used to use the lotion, but that didn't do much for me. I use this cream a part of the three step system from ACNE.org. It really moisturizes well, and my skin doesn't have powdery peelies anymore. I always apply it before applying foundation, sort of like a primer. It is fabulous! The packaging is nice, a tube instead of a tub. Definitely my HG for moisturizers!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Java

Got the big jar at Costco, so the price is not bad at all. Pretty good as body moisturizer and no breakout.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sweetheart519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A Godsend for me! I suffer from eczema, very dry and itchy skin, and in some ways very sensitive skin. I also am acne prone. I practically live at the dermatologist! This cream is fantastic. It is thick without being greasy. It really moisturizes my skin. I put this on my body every night after my showers and nothing else works as well. Highly recommended.

For people who feel that it is too thick, you probably don't need this level of moisture. This is specifically designed for VERY dry skin. So please keep this in mind. Creams are thicker and heavier than lotions. If you feel greasy, it's too much moisture for you. Try the lotion instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot and I've been using this product for a while now. It's extremely moisturizing, but it doesn't have this sticky and greasy feeling like other moisturizers. It's simple, yet effective to me. It's almost like a miracle cream to me, because I easily
get irritated from other products out there. However, I wish that Cetaphil changed the packaging, since I find that digging my fingers in to the big tub is unhygienic.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in a white/orange tube, not the tub as seen on the web. My combi skin suddenly turned super dry 10 over days ago, and I have no answer to why. It started with reddish and dry cheeks and before I know it, the dry peels extend to my forehead and temple. It's really weird, as there's no change in weather or products I use.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this at the store, was contemplating between this or a more expensive La Roche Posay cream, and took this as it's cheaper. I already bought a hydrating mask.

It feels comfortable to my face, no smell. I apply very sparsely, as it contains mineral oil, and I am unsure if my face will clog. It feel my cheeks feel good, not taut and is long lasting enough. I hope my dry skin condition will revert back to its old selfsoon.

At about US$10 for a 100g tube, it's cheap to me. Will keep updating on this product after more continuos use.

Updated a week later.....

My dry skin condition reverted, not sure if it's due to this cream. I have been using hydrating mask daily too. My face hasn't clog, so I trust it's indeed non comedogenic. I use it mainly on my dry cheeks and occasionally on my temple area. It's no frills, not expecting miracles. I always believe if your skin's well moisturised, lines will be kept at bay as long as possible.

2 mths later...........

It's really good as a antidrying cream, i apply sparingly, little bit will suffice and spread well on my cheeks. Despite my oily forehead, I use it too, as I realised I have fine lines there (due to dehydration and ageing). No clogs, that's most important for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by emily_in_az

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While I'm not too happy with the "tub," this product works really well as an overnight face cream for me. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin, but this has not made me break out at all. I don't use it all the time ~ just for those times when my skin starts to get really dry and flaky. I would NOT, on the other hand, recommend this product for use during the daytime, under makeup. However, I don't have super-duper dry skin, so YMMV.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by luvtea

Pros:
It moisturises really well, gentle and no irritation for me at all (I've extremely sensitive skin). Flaking reduces after a few days of usage. Fragrance free.

Cons:
Texture is very thick and may take some time to apply, face may get greasy after a while if over applied.

I would say its a good moisturiser if only the texture would be lighter but I won't complain about it since it's taking care of my dry flaking skin without any problem. But I won't buy it again as I plan to try CeraVe Moisturising Lotion. :)

Update: Breaks me out a little after a week or so hence I stopped using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by abeautifulhaunting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Probably the best moisturizer I've ever used, but it's still not perfect..

My Skin: Combination to the extreme, being both flaky dry and shiny throughout the day at the same time. It's also acne-prone and sensitive.

I don't like that I can only find this product in a big tub; I'd like to find it in the tube form. I thought for sure this cream would make me break out horribly, but it doesn't (the Cetaphil Hydrating Lotion in the tube seems to), This makes my skin look a bit greasy, so before I put makeup on my face I blot my skin with a tissue. Hence, I'm looking for a moisturizer that will hydrate my skin without making it oily-lookng.

I use a plastic spoon to scoop out the moisturizer each time I use it, and wash off the spoon after each use as well. I really need to find it in a tube..

Also, I'm using the regimen on acne.org, so the fact that this cream seems to ball up a bit on my face is likely due to the fact that there's so much benzoyl peroxide on it beforehand.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this at Costco in a huge jar after reading reviews on it's moisturizing benefits. Im sort of dissapointed that I bought the cream version, after seeing the pump dispenser version. The cream version is awkward to get out of the jar, plus not a very sanitary way to use lotion. Sticking your hands in and out. Anyways, the lotion goes on thick and creamy BUT leaves my skin sticky and greasy feeling. Especially if it's hot out, forget about using it! It did leave my skin feeling a bit moisturized, but I can't get past the sticky feeling. I felt like I was covered in grease. I wouldn't buy this again.