August 21, 2014 | 1756 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(Review is for the blackest black shade). I am a liquid liner rookie and this makes it easy to do. I tried a wing with this last night and it was a snap.
The gel is a great consistency. As far as liquid liners, I have used a cake liner and a liner marker and I far prefer this to both. Although the liner marker is easier to control, this ultimately has a better look. It's smooth and dense and pigmented.
This eyeliner lasted well into the night and didn't budge.
The brush it comes with is actually pretty decent and effective too.
When I picked this up (based on reviews here) and it rang up for $10, I was like, for Maybelline? Really?! But this is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by orqnge

My very first gel eyeliner, I must say that I was initially impressed with the product. The application was smooth and the colour did not smudge too much. However, it recently began to harden and the colour doesn't come onto my eyelid as smooth as it used to be. I have half the amount of product left.

That being said, I do not use the gel liner on a daily basis (I alternate between liquid and gel) so perhaps the fact that the gel eyeliner has been with me for almost a year and a half is probably the reason why it hardened at half pot.

I recommend this to people who are on a slightly tighter budget and will use the gel eyeliner on a daily basis. I will not buy it again mainly because it is my first gel eyeliner and I would like to try other brands before coming to a genuine conclusion on this product's rebuy-ablity.

By the way, i LOVE the complimentary brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I had such high hopes for this product, and unfortunately it didnt meet my standards, but it wasnt a complete fail.

It promises to be smudge sproof....yeahhh...no. When I first bought it (in blackest black), I loved the packaging, looked great, and the colour was nice, creamy, rich and pigmented, but it faded and smudge quite a bit and I don't have oily lids at all. I tried with primer, and it lasted a bit longer, but honestly, I can already barely wake up every morning for school, so I cant afford to spend alol my time on makeup.

The brush it comes with is okay, but it isnt really precise..I prefer my bobbi brown eyeliner brush. I paid $12+tax for this at shoppers, and I seriously dont think it was worth it. If it was cheaper, I may have bought more just because Im curious of whether or not the other colours smudge this much, but I find I still prefer the physician's formula one and the loreal one (:

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thank goodness for trials. tried this on a tlocal priceline and it looked lovely. dramatic line, acheivable with brush given.
looked indistinguishable from MAC.
however throughtou the course of the day i wiped this of about 5x times. so
NOOOOOOOOOOOO. i hated it, wish i didnt have it on at all, woke up the next day with panda eyes.

so Mac > maybelline unfortunately the serach for a cheaper long lasting gel eyeliner goes on.
this was about $15AU.. i can get MAC for the same price on ebay. i might as well wait a few days to get the mac..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by liteenie

On the way to dinner, I noticed some of my eyeliner had smudged off so I stopped at a Walgreens to pick up an eyeliner. I wanted the pencil eyeliner by Maybelline but they were out of black so I picked up this gel eyeliner.
Pros: pigmented, creamy, GREAT brush
Cons: smudges under my eyes

I use Inglots gel liner if I need 100% budge-proof eyeliner but I see myself turning to this for normal day-to-day wear. I find it more pigmented than MAC Fluidline and it stays a little better than Stila Smudgepot. The brush is comparable to Bobbi Brown's eyeliner brush, which I really like for gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Kaaatttiiiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner, i have been using pencil eyeliners for ages and finally tried gel eyeliner as i cannot use liquid ones. Only downside to it is that i do find it smudges underneath my eye after a few hours of wearing (but i am a contact lense wearer and sometimes my eyes water so don't actually know if its the eyeliner itself). I don't use the brush that is provided as i have found a better alternative, but if you don't have another brush to use it is a decent brush, but creates quite a thick line

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

amazing inexpensive gel liner!

PROs :
-the black is so intense
-dry quick on the eye (idk if this is a pros or cons.. for me is a pros :)
-heavy texture so u don't need to re-apply
-long lasting
-doesn't fade easily
-easy to remove
-affordable price of course
-the packaging made from glass or something,so if it's dry u could sink into hot water :)
-have a good quality
-safe for sensitive eyes :)

CONs :
-dry really fast if u open the lid everytime u use it but you could use point 8 above ;p
-the packaging not too attractive i guess

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by seana

This product is AMAZING :) It is by far the best Gel i've used. The brush is brilliant, it is so easy to apply. I used it for a college photo shoot and it stayed perfect didn't smudge and suited the diffrent models I used.
I will be buying this little beaut again for sure :) I want to try the other colours as I could only get my hands on black for now....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by erasgem

I got tired of using liquid eyeliner because it dries too fast, and then pencil doesn't quite work for me either. So I decided to give this a try when it came out. I have to say, It's very very nice! It has never smudged for the past...years that I have used it. I like how they give you a brush ( I kind of ruined it =(...) It's easy to put on, smooth and pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ChristyLuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it. I'm glad I switched to this. The HIP cream liner always dried up and clumped. This goes on smooth and gives a fine line. I didn't use the brush that it came with though. I used a different kind of brush.