NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 1/20/2012 4:01:00 PM

I love love love this foundation! I am nc 20 and wear deuville its so smooth and good coverage also dsnt feel cakey and lasts all day! Which is important as a college student:) I always seem to go back to it after trying about 10 other foundations, def a must buy at the very least get a sample its amazing !

on 1/18/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've used almost all foundations in the drugstore and have tried department store brands such as Makeup Forever, Mac, Clinique, Shiseido, Laura Mercier and more but never have I loved a foundation as much as Sheer Glow. I wear it in Barcelona (mac shade NC 40-42). It matches so nicely and isn't as heavy or as yellow based as Mac's Studio Fix Fluid. $50 is a big price though. If I had the money, I'd buy it over and over again.

on 1/15/2012 10:37:00 PM

I've had this in my collection for almost a year, and I use it when I want to wear foundation. However, I feel as if it has very little staying power - something you definitely need in a foundation! I am NC/NW 15 in MAC and use Deauville. It blends well into the skin, but I do not get a "glow" like the name suggests. Will not repurchase, as I'm left unimpressed.

on 1/15/2012 11:51:00 AM

I wear Barcelona(NC40). I like dewy and light coverage and Sheer Glow really suits me. It's expensive but is such a treat if you have relatively nice skin. I'd compare it to MAC Face and Body with a bit more coverage. As always I think NARS does sheer but buildable perfectly so this can be worn day or night.

on 1/15/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i dont really get the hype around this product and why so many people love it for ?? i mean its an okay foundation, under no circumstances is it a bad one ! i just dont think its worth the amount of money !

i think i bought into the hype way to much over this product, so i was kind of expecting this awsome foundation that was going to make me look sooo amazing and perfect lol so when i got it and tried it i was just kind of like ... meh... its okay... its nice but not the most amazing product ive ever tried! overall i was disapointed ! i got it in santa fe! perfect match ! i just wasnt fussed on the actual product ! plus after like 3 - 4 hours i needed to touch up and my skin isnt even oily! this really bothered me ! if im paying £30 for a foundation i want at least 6-8 hours wear out it and i want it to look perfect even at the end ! another thing that bothered me is the lack of a pump ! ? so i had to buy a pump to ! so annoying :( but i think i would try this product again because i only wore it about 3 times and then just gave up on it and gave it to my sister, so i dont really think i give it a fair test ! but overall i would only recomend this to people with very dry to dry skin !

on 1/14/2012 7:43:00 PM

I was matched the color Fiji. I am NC25 SF and was matched the same day at MAC and NARS. The Fiji is less orangey, peachy, red then NC25 SF. It is a perfect match, too bad I don't like it very much. The name sheer glow is quite misleading. I definitely didn't get that 'glow' but a rather matte powdery finish with STREAKS! I've tried dry sponge, wet sponge, dry foundation brush, wet foundation brush, and stipling brush. It just streaks no matter how much I run my sponge or brush over my face. I never tried my fingers because I find it messy. Besides, for a $42 foundation, it should go on flawless regardless of application. NARS is owned by Shiseido, and they make some really good face products, so I was surprised by the quality of sheer glow.

on 1/12/2012 10:57:00 AM

Got a sample of this makeup in Sante Fe at Sephoria. Glad I didn't but the bottle. It did not make my dry skin glow. It looked heavy and unnatural. Not worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my favorite foundation. My undertones are neutral and I'm about NC/NW15-20. I was looking for a more neutral shade or even for a light and cool yellow shade. The MAC NC's are pretty warm and not natural at all, just like the NW's.
I ordered it online, so I wasn't that sure about the color I picked out. It's Deauville, which is a neutral color and I am so happy with the color match! It's a little too dark for my neck, so I purchased Siberia and I always blend this with the Deauville shade in my neck area.
I've never ever had a color like that before. I tried so many brands (MUFE, Chanel, Dior ..) but there are just no good neutral colors.

I love the finish. It really leaves a sheer glow on my skin. I have normal skin with some dry areas, so this claims to be perfect for my skin and it really is.

This foundation is not sheer at all. I prefer medium to full coverage and for me it is medium! I have redness on my cheecks and some parts seem really blue. The foundation covers it all and stays for about 6 hours.

I would especially recommend this, if you are looking for a perfect neutral/ cool yellow shade. This foundation is almost perfect!

on 1/3/2012 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is one of my HG foundation. I first purchased the NARS sheer matte. But i didn't like how it blended with a brush and it also looked cakey on. So I went back to sephora and exchanged it with the sheer glow, which by the way blends way better than the sheer matte. I love the finish it looks way natural than any other foundations i have. I guess because of the color i chose which is macao. For refernce im a MAC NC50.

on 1/2/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have never worn much foundation but now that I'm in my 40s, I realize I could seriously use the help to even out my skin tone. I have used mineral foundations on and off and really love Laura Mercier's but wanted to find a liquid foundation that might work on me and provide light coverage. I was matched perfectly at Sephora (and I never would have gotten it right on my own) - and really, this foundation works wonderfully. It doesn't really provide a "glow" like I had hoped but I have good highlighters for that anyway. I don't use it every day and don't think it's truly an HG for me, but I do love it and do think it's worth the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials