December 18, 2014 | 1060 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by velvetbow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In terms of color matching, this product is my holy grail. I have strong yellow undertones (Asian) and most foundations eventually turn pink or orange on me. I tried Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan and found my perfect match! In unforgiving, natural light, there is no difference between this shade and the rest of my body.

I have dry, eczema-prone skin and found that this gives just enough coverage to camoflage the patches while still letting skin show through.

This is the only foundation I've ever tried that actually looks better after a few hours of wear. It imparts a glowing, radiant look without being shimmery or glittery. I wouldn't say it lightens my complexion, but it certainly brightens it.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the lack of a pump, but this isn't a problem for me. After a good shake, I place my middle finger over the bottle opening, turn it upside down, then right side up, and use what's on my finger to dot color all over my face. If I need more, I clean my hands on a diaper wipe, and do the same thing. Then I stipple/buff it in with my E.L.F. flat top powder brush. No mess and no wasted product.

My only complaint is that this color is not completely transfer proof. I shun powder, so use MAC Fix Plus to set my makeup. It helps keep everything in place, but my cell phone often comes away with my face make up. If they could make this formula transfer proof, I'd invest in a lifetime supply!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Addicted90

I got a sample from Sephora and I think I might buy it. I got it in the Siberia colour, I don't have any yellow in my skin but a strong pink undertone. This shade has a lot of yellow in it, but I can blend it well enough that it doesn't look too yellow and it actually neutralizes my pinkness. I might try Mont Blanc, but I heard it is darker than Siberia and I am sick and tired of foundations that are too dark for me. Siberia is a good match in the sense that it is light enough, but if it was a tad less yellow it would probably be the perfect colour for me. Other than that it isn't the greatest foundation I've tried, I find it settles in my pores and doesn't give amazing coverage. I think I'm going to try and mix it with my Diorskin Nude. I think that might give me a really nice foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by catah21

I really like this foundation.. even the MAC artist who did my make up for a wedding.. was in AWW with it!! The color i use is perfect for my skin tone. The girl at Sephora matched me very well.
Its very light yet it evens out your skin tone.
I would highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by insouciantj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fair olive toned skin, and I've always had a really difficult time finding foundation that blends - generally if they're light enough for me they are far too pink in tone. I purchased this in Ceylan, and I'm really pleased with it. I should also mention that at 31 this is the first foundation I've ever owned. It's sheer, it evens out my skin tone, and it feels very light.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missshari

I did not like this foundation at all, it doesn't blend well an clings to all my dry patches. It also doesn't control oil at all and kind of disappears off my face after a couple of hours. The packaging is also messy and for such an expensive product they really should have put it in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by loz07

This is the best foundation I have tried so far. I've tried GA LSF and Face Fabric, EL Double Wear, MAC face and body, MUFE and many drugstore brands.

The colour (Deauville) is perfect on me and gives me a flawless finish when applied. It's on the matte side without looking at all dull. I usually stipple/buff with my MAC 187.

The only gripe I have is sometimes the staying power isn't infallible, but it's no worse than other foundations I've tried (other than perhaps EL DW) and is more due to my oily patches.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I am loving this for my spring foundation. I wear it in Deauville, which looks orange in the bottle and on my fingers, but somehow looks amazing on my pale skin! I have had tons of compliments. The only drawbacks is that it doesn't have spf and the packaging isn't great- too easy to spill.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by wonderdreamz

reference: NC 35
Shade bought: Barcelona

One thing i hate is when the title of a product does not live to its name. I found this foundation not sheer at all but that didn't bug me. What bugged me is that its a water foundation and yet it was drying on my normal skin. Honestly, i don't think i'll buy another NARS foundation again.

THEREFORE, i believe that this foundation will suit people will slightly oily skin because it won't be that drying on their faces. Overall it is an okay foundation but not worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by GeorgieM19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use Mac studio fix in nw20, but i think this foundation in Deuville is the best colour for those who want a really nice balance of tones, the warmth of pink without looking sunburned, and the flawless look of a yellow tone.... it looks non cakey and feels really comfortable on during the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by BlondieROCKS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Sheer Glow in Punjab on a whim, and I have to say, it is my ultimate favorite. I have very dry skin, and this adds a nice glow to my skin without having any shimmer or sparkles in it. The color is perfect for me, I didn't have any problems with a match. The coverage isn't as full as my old foundation (Studio Fix Fluid by MAC), I'd say it's medium coverage. Love love love. Only gripes is the price ($43?!) and no pump!! You can purchase a pump off of the NARS site though... and the price, it's a little steep, but you 100% get what you pay for. I will always re-purchase this.