July 24, 2014 | 1860 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Beam

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first saw this from watching Carmindy on "What Not to Wear", and was excited to go out and get it. Let's face it, the woman is beautiful and she does an amazing job with everyone she makes over. So yea, that alone could sell the product. I hate to bring the ratings down but it did not work for me. I am not saying that it is a terrible product, but on my comb/oily skin it made me look even oilier. So maybe it would be best for dryer skin, or maybe my technique needs perfecting? I have to say that I like my HG Maybelline quad in Metro Melon is 100 times better for subtly brightening up my inner eye area (the lightest shimmery shade in it...sorry it is not labeled with individual names). And the price of my HG is about $3. Yea, I will not be buying High Beam again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by gezebel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yet another online Hype purchase for me. for reference, i'm asian/NC40 with oil-slick skin (ugh). High Beam looks like a sheer coating of pinkish-white on me and makes me look even more oily. it looks so much better on my fairer-skinned friends. *sighs*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by VVV

Benefit High Beam is one of the best highlighting products out there. From subtle highlights to an ethereal glow (and everything in between) - I reach for High Beam.

COLOR: A delicate light pink pearl. The color can blended out to a natural dewy finish or concentrated for a more dramatic highlight.

FINISH: Depending upon the application the finish ranges between a natural dewy sheen and an opalescent pearl (and everything between). When blended into the tops of my cheekbones, the finish is a natural, fresh, & dewy highlight. When dabbed (without blending) onto my brow bones, High Beam has a pearl finish with a delicate light pink opalescence. No glitter whatsoever.

APPLICATION: High Beam is easy to blend and smooths over my skin easily. When I want precise application - like when I highlight my cupid's bow or my tear duct - I use an eye liner brush. Otherwise, I dab High Beam onto my skin and blend it in with my fingertips.

PACKAGING: The packaging is a bit peculiar but it is Benefit after all. High Beam is packaged precisely like a nail polish in a clear bottle with a brush attached to it's cap.

BOTTOM LINE: High Beam is like sprinkles on ice cream or icing on a cake, but for my skin - it gives it that extra something special. :D It gives me a pretty glow and catches the light in all the right places. It's like radiance in a bottle! (And with the amount of sleep I get, I need it!) High Beam is definitely ♥HG♥ material for me and I will be buying it again (and again).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by mazeppa

If you want dewy skin, this is the product to buy. Ignore the high price point, it is worth it. My bottle is 3/4 empty and it is worth every penny. I wasted time and money on other 'illuminators' (wet n' wild) and nothing has come close to this. It shows up a little bit silvery pink, a great sheen. It's easy to work with. If I overdo it, I simply dust translucent powder over it. It stays put. I can use it when I don't feel like wearing a full face of makeup, (often the case, for me). What else.......Benefit makes great products. I have never purchased anything from them that I didn't love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 8:47:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd forgotten about my little bottle of High Beam until recently. I dug it out again & have been using it more than my MAC msf collection.
It's easy to apply & blending is a dream. Takes me less than a minute to do both cheeks. I also like to use it on the inner corners of my eyes, gives me a wide awake look & it stays on far better than using a shimmery powder.
While it is quite a vivid highlight, it can look quite natural for day-time wear. I just use smaller dots than I would for a night out.
Looks far more natural than powdery highlighters & there's no huge glitter flecks to deal with.
Will definitely repurchase & am looking at getting Moon Beam to try out too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Great product. Looks pretty natural on me and no bad reactions. Have family members w/health problems. So there are days, weeks, months where I may be practically living in a hospital room shuttling fresh books and mags to sick family and no time to put on makeup. So, on days like that, this stuff is great. I put a small dot on each of my cheeks, quickly rub, and I don't look so fatigued. For people who like the natural pinkiness, but want less irridescence, I'd suggest Benefit That Gal. That Gal is only so-so for me as a primer, but a little applied to cheeks is like a pared down version of High Beam. But with High Beam, I really like it because being fair means loads of blushers look too dark or unnatural on me, but I still want a little life in my cheeks. Great w/a little blusher, but using w/out is great for a minimalist approach to cheeks. Update: decided to take one lippie off, not because I've experienced any problems w/it, but I could see how a person first using this could accidentally use too much and be ridiculously irrid. in the day time. It's still a personal five for me, but I want to indicate to first timers w/this product that you should apply conservatively--it's like salt, you can always add more, but much harder to subtract when too much has been added.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by petmyskurvette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Great staying power
- Lovely, natural, dewy finish
- Natural, beautiful color
- No breakouts

Cons:
- My bottle is slightly old and has been beat up in my bag- this has caused the lettering on the bottle to flake off, which gets on my fingers, which gets on my face and is hard to remove without some scotch tape

Conclusion: I adore this highlighter. I generally insist on natural or organic makeup without parabens, but, I cannot resist purchasing this even if it isn't natural or organic. No other highlighter is as amazing! I always feel very pretty when I am wearing it. I dab it on my cheek bones and brow bones and feel like I instantly have amazing skin. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is such a gorgeous highlighter, gives a lovely soft glow to cheekbones and temples and i also apply to my nose, very soft and subtle ideal to wear over makeup but i try not to rub it in rather just stipple it as if i rub it in too hard it completely takes my blush and foundation off with i. overall a beautiful radiant highlight pinky colour will def repurchase in the future

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WILL I EVER RUN OUT OF THIS STUFF?!!!! I have had the same bottle for about, ooooh lets say six to seven years and i've still got a third of the bottle left! I don't use it every day, only when i can be bothered or when i want to look especially nice. I put it on just under my brow and on the top part of my cheekbones to try and fake a kate moss-like angular beauty, haa haa as if a bottle of this stuff is gonna do that!
I am a bit worried that it is starting to smell a bit and i'm sure it's because the brush comes in contact with either your finger or directly on to your face and then it goes back in the bottle. Maybe a tiny pump pack style would be the answer (although i'm sure makeup artists are absolutely apalled at the thought of not tossing out a product after a year or so anyway!)
Soooo, i'm thinking i might have to get rid of it and start again or experiment with another similar product (though i think i'll end up waisting my money which always happens when i stray from a product i love!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by echurch662

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i like this highlighter its a liquid which comes in a 13ml bottle its like a nail polish it has a nail polish brush as the applicator cant say i like the applicator brush makes it hard to apply it can get everywhere it takes practice, the highlighter itself has a really light pink undertone which is really nice and natural on the face it does give you a 'glow' i use it with the benefit coralista and i complements it very well overall a good product.