January 30, 2015 | 1143 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by suechtig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ooo, this is a nice lip balm. I've tried the peppermint one (not bad, a little too waxy) and the honey version (terrible, weird texture), and this one is the best by far. It has a pleasant fruity scent and leaves your lips *slightly* pink , which is very nice. I think that this one may also be more moisturizing than the original version. Here are the ingredients for those interested: sunflower seed oil, beeswax, cocounut oil, castor oil, lanolin, comfrey root, pomegranate oil, sweet almond oil, anise oil, cassia oil, cinnamon leaf oil, clary sage oil, mandarin oil, tocopherol acetate and tocopherol (vit. E), rosemary leaf extract, carmine, fragrance 99.60% natural

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2007 4:09:00 AM More reviews by adobeprincess

I think this product is not as good as yes to carrots. Even this flavor seems manly to me. Now that I have found yes to carrots I am not going to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by CLisa

Oooooh, I love this stuff! This is actually the only Burt's lip balm that I like. The peppermint ones burn, and the honey one was just gross. I love this one's tangy, fruity scent and the cheery watermelon color. It gives a slight (and I mean slight) hint of color, and it's not heavy duty in the moisturizing department ... but I love this for a summery, bare lips look. PPP, dark brunette, hazel/green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ellaphunt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My local Walgreens was out of the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and I had just wrecked my old Blistex one, so I decided to pick this one up.

Pros: I find it more hydrating than the peppermint oil formula; it smells delicious.

Cons: the slight pink tint and the raspberry colored cap on the tube mean that it's a lot less unisex than the original formula.

Also, there's no tingle, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed in this lip balm. I'm a sucker for anything with pomegranate, and based on the description, I thought this would be a great product, but I didn't feel like it really moisturized my lips. This balm has a slightly oily consistency and felt like it just sat on my lips; that's okay when my lips are already soft, but this product didn't do anything to heal my lips when they were chapped. It does have a nice smell though. Back to the BB honey balm i go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

This lip balm is divine! It glides on wonderfully, smells amazing and is very moisturizing. It is just what I need under the Lifeguard's Choice spf lip balm. I adore BB's line of lip balms and shimmers. I haven't tried one yet I don't like!
Another winner from Burt! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product! It soothes my dry lips and feels so good. It stays put a long time -- has a pleasant smell & taste and doesn't tingle at all like the original balm. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually buy the original peppermint oil formula but saw this new one in my local store and bought it. I did not think they could beat the original but this does - it is unbelievable -I saw results instantly. It is a smoother texture and since I have been using it my lips have not been drying out - it really does hydrate them, and I do not need to reapply so often. I think it is also making my lipsticks/glosses last longer. The smell is slightly sweet, quite pleasant (I like pomegranates anyway). The balm itself has a red appearance but goes on clear on me. I am really impressed with this, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a Burt's Bees addict. I buy lots of their products. I am in love with the honey lipbalm at the moment but I happened to be in Walgreens the other day buying my parents a card for their anniversary and I saw this new lip balm and since i am a huge pomegranate fan i thought i'd try it out. It smells like pomegranates and cinnamon that really doesn't bother me. I haven't had a problem with it drying my lips out they do feel moisturized. I have been rotating between this and the honey lip balm cus i love the honey one so much. I am sure if i start not liking it i will update. but right now i love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Texture is nice and smooth like the original lip balm (and unlike the yucky, crumbly-feeling honey one), non-greasy and just waxy enough to feel substantial. The balm has a red tint in the tube but doesn't really add color to my pigmented lips. I like the faint pomegranate scent (fruity + a hint of spice) and lack of taste. Overall, while this one is not my favorite balm of all time, it is definitely my favorite Burt's Bees balm.