November 23, 2014 | 981 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a Burt's Bees addict. I buy lots of their products. I am in love with the honey lipbalm at the moment but I happened to be in Walgreens the other day buying my parents a card for their anniversary and I saw this new lip balm and since i am a huge pomegranate fan i thought i'd try it out. It smells like pomegranates and cinnamon that really doesn't bother me. I haven't had a problem with it drying my lips out they do feel moisturized. I have been rotating between this and the honey lip balm cus i love the honey one so much. I am sure if i start not liking it i will update. but right now i love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Texture is nice and smooth like the original lip balm (and unlike the yucky, crumbly-feeling honey one), non-greasy and just waxy enough to feel substantial. The balm has a red tint in the tube but doesn't really add color to my pigmented lips. I like the faint pomegranate scent (fruity + a hint of spice) and lack of taste. Overall, while this one is not my favorite balm of all time, it is definitely my favorite Burt's Bees balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down the BEST Burt's Bees lipbalm and one of the BEST lipbalms I've tried! This one is smooooth with long-lasting hydration. The moisture is not fleeting and the texture is not heavy/waxy like Burt's classic and honey lipbalms can be. It has a slight pomegranate scent which I love. And as a great bonus it leaves the barest touch of pink on my lips. My most perfect lipbalm!

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you love the original formulation of Burt's Bees like I do, you'll probably be really disappointed by this one. Nothing beats the original. This has a weird aftertaste-- like cloves and fruit-- and it doesn't moisturize the way that the original product does. It's alright, but I won't be buying it again...and I reach for it even less than any other lippie I have in my bag!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ara133

I really wanted to like this, because I love most things containing pomegranate, and the lippie is so cute! Pink colored lip balm inside a yellow tube with pink cap. However, I won't buy it again because it's really drying on my lips! I have to reapply every half hour or so just to feel moisturized, whereas I can go hours without reapplying regular Burt's Bees lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2007 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Sydneybristow8

This lip balm is hardly "relenishing" for me. It really dried my lips out. Plus, it left a red-stain (in a bad way) on my lips. There are essential oils in this and it irritated my lips as well. It smells like some kind of spice and pomegranates. This lip balm is not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by aligator

i actually like this lip balm!! i don't know it smells good to me. i love all things pomergranate! this is supposed to be replenishing and it feels like it really hydrates my lips. it only contains all natural ingredients! does not have spf so that's why i am not giving it a 5. really cheap but i am a sucker for all lip balms!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by robynlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this balm. It is my new favorite and I carry it around with my everywhere. It is very moisturizing and smells great. I DO think it has a tint. If you apply the balm to your bottom lip only, you can clearly see a light red tint on your lip. But I love that tint. It looks like a healthy flush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ashleybabes24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Awesome lip balm. I was very excited to see that Burt's Bees came out with a new balm. I love the original, but I get tired of the scent. The honey version was awful IMO...but I am happy with the pomegranate scent. It smells almost floral to me, with a tad of fruit. I like it. My lips feel very soft after using it and it is cheap! I will rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to hear about this, but it took several weeks for it to show up at my local CVS. It's not especially pomegranate-y, but it's okay. Not gritty like the honey one, but just as good as the original. No great shakes. I can live without it.