Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Great lip balm. I have pretty colored, hydrated lips as it is, so the "stain" doesn't do much for me and I don't need to worry about chapped lips. However, it smells and tastes AWESOME, glides on smooth, and leaves lips shimmery and healthy-looking (and at least doesn't cause dryness!) The original balm did nothing for me; I could take it or leave it. And the lip shimmers, with their intense colors, all looked awful on me (and I wasn't a fan of the strong peppermint smell either). This stuff is great, and practically all-natural. The only way I would be happier with it was if it looked glossier, but alas.

(Still, for moisturization, nothing beats a whisk of vaseline on the lips after washing at night!)

Edit: My lips have been drier recently for some reason... I think it's because I haven't been drinking as much water recently. Anyway, I take back what I said about its possible ineffectiveness... THIS WORKS, and gives lips a little pink too!

on 6/11/2007 10:28:00 PM

smells delicious, but as far as un-chapping my lips? no
burts bees is all over the place so chances are that one
of your friends has it and if your not a germ freak then try
it out, its not worth buying to test it out

on 6/10/2007 3:08:00 PM

I love Burts Bees products mainly because they don't test on animals. When I bought this, my lips were cracked to the extreme! I used it for one night, and I love it. When you put it on, it gives your lips a dewy, rosy feel and look and I just love it!

on 6/9/2007 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ooo, this is a nice lip balm. I've tried the peppermint one (not bad, a little too waxy) and the honey version (terrible, weird texture), and this one is the best by far. It has a pleasant fruity scent and leaves your lips *slightly* pink , which is very nice. I think that this one may also be more moisturizing than the original version. Here are the ingredients for those interested: sunflower seed oil, beeswax, cocounut oil, castor oil, lanolin, comfrey root, pomegranate oil, sweet almond oil, anise oil, cassia oil, cinnamon leaf oil, clary sage oil, mandarin oil, tocopherol acetate and tocopherol (vit. E), rosemary leaf extract, carmine, fragrance 99.60% natural

I think this product is not as good as yes to carrots. Even this flavor seems manly to me. Now that I have found yes to carrots I am not going to use this.

on 5/30/2007 2:59:00 PM

Oooooh, I love this stuff! This is actually the only Burt's lip balm that I like. The peppermint ones burn, and the honey one was just gross. I love this one's tangy, fruity scent and the cheery watermelon color. It gives a slight (and I mean slight) hint of color, and it's not heavy duty in the moisturizing department ... but I love this for a summery, bare lips look. PPP, dark brunette, hazel/green eyes.

on 5/29/2007 12:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My local Walgreens was out of the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and I had just wrecked my old Blistex one, so I decided to pick this one up.

Pros: I find it more hydrating than the peppermint oil formula; it smells delicious.

Cons: the slight pink tint and the raspberry colored cap on the tube mean that it's a lot less unisex than the original formula.

Also, there's no tingle, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was disappointed in this lip balm. I'm a sucker for anything with pomegranate, and based on the description, I thought this would be a great product, but I didn't feel like it really moisturized my lips. This balm has a slightly oily consistency and felt like it just sat on my lips; that's okay when my lips are already soft, but this product didn't do anything to heal my lips when they were chapped. It does have a nice smell though. Back to the BB honey balm i go!

on 5/19/2007 6:06:00 PM

This lip balm is divine! It glides on wonderfully, smells amazing and is very moisturizing. It is just what I need under the Lifeguard's Choice spf lip balm. I adore BB's line of lip balms and shimmers. I haven't tried one yet I don't like!
Another winner from Burt! :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Excellent product! It soothes my dry lips and feels so good. It stays put a long time -- has a pleasant smell & taste and doesn't tingle at all like the original balm. I love it!

Popular Lip Treatments