Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 8/29/2007 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely marvellous! Excellent long-lasting moisturizing power! Great ingredient list. I did get a bit of a pink tint on my lips (but that works underneath my Prestige lipstick in 'brown sugar' as it was a bit too grey). I also like the scent (I don't like menthol/mint scents).

Another fantastic product from Burt's Bees.. I now prefer this particular lipbalm to all others.. including all other Burt's Bees lipbalms.

Would repurchase indefinitely.

on 8/26/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the second Burt's Bees product I haven't thrown in the trash can.
I really, really like this lip balm. It has a spicyness to it (that I've gotten used to). Not too waxy, it goes on nice and smooth. And it doesn't melt off my lips. I did a test to see what would happen if I didn't use it for a day. For the first time in seven years, my lips stay unchapped for 24 hours. I haven't noticed the red tint other reveiewers have written about. It's completely transparent as far as I'm concered. I think I'd like it much less if it tinted my lips as well.

on 8/15/2007 12:48:00 PM

I've heard about this product for several months now, and I've not been able to find it at any store. I was in Meijer's and was looking around in the makeup section, and discovered they've started carrying Burt's Bees products. I decided to see if they had the Replenishing Balm; sure enough they did!

I've heard people on Live Journal talk about how it was too sour for them. I don't get a bitterness at all. I'm a sucker for anything pomegranate, and I'm falling in love with this balm!

The tube is a pomegranate color and it does the least little bit of tint on the lips. And in my case, it actually lightened my lip coloring. I really smell the pomegranate oil, anise oil and clary sage oil. It's a slight fruity, but more herbal smelling balm. The balm itself glides on like butter and is silky smooth feeling on the lips. My lips have a sensation of really cool and refreshing.

This is a great balm for a cheap price, and I'd definitely buy this again.

on 8/1/2007 6:55:00 PM

There was no tester of this, and i hate that, because i have to be surprised, luckily for me, it was a pleasant surprise.

I was soo scared this was going to be one of those menthol, pepperminty, cinnamon'y, gross burning smelly ones. but it wasnt, it was just a nice slick fruity balm. Yay, finally i got lucky on a product i hadnt tested.

on 7/26/2007 7:15:00 PM

i bought this on impulse when i was at Walgreen's and i am sure glad i did. this is so much better then the beeswax version. this has more of a slick but not sticky texture and a nice taste and tint as well, the other has a weird grainy texture that is sticky and a strange waxy taste and no tint that i could distinguish. i like this much better then the other. way to go Burt.

on 6/25/2007 7:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm actually one of the weirdos that likes the honey version of BB balm.Honey is a wonderful humectant and although the balm is a bit gritty,it works well.I happened upon this and of course,had to try it.It works well for hydration purposes but I can see that repeated applications would be detrimental to my sensitive lips(I suspect the cinnamon oil as previous reviewers remarked.)On the upside, if you DON'T have sensitive skin,this is a good cheap lip plumper(like Lip Venom,which I think uses cinnamon oil to irritate and swell the tissues).I would repurchase if I don't get any blistering reactions(which is entirely possible...)

Great lip balm. I have pretty colored, hydrated lips as it is, so the "stain" doesn't do much for me and I don't need to worry about chapped lips. However, it smells and tastes AWESOME, glides on smooth, and leaves lips shimmery and healthy-looking (and at least doesn't cause dryness!) The original balm did nothing for me; I could take it or leave it. And the lip shimmers, with their intense colors, all looked awful on me (and I wasn't a fan of the strong peppermint smell either). This stuff is great, and practically all-natural. The only way I would be happier with it was if it looked glossier, but alas.

(Still, for moisturization, nothing beats a whisk of vaseline on the lips after washing at night!)

Edit: My lips have been drier recently for some reason... I think it's because I haven't been drinking as much water recently. Anyway, I take back what I said about its possible ineffectiveness... THIS WORKS, and gives lips a little pink too!

on 6/11/2007 10:28:00 PM

smells delicious, but as far as un-chapping my lips? no
burts bees is all over the place so chances are that one
of your friends has it and if your not a germ freak then try
it out, its not worth buying to test it out

on 6/10/2007 3:08:00 PM

I love Burts Bees products mainly because they don't test on animals. When I bought this, my lips were cracked to the extreme! I used it for one night, and I love it. When you put it on, it gives your lips a dewy, rosy feel and look and I just love it!

on 6/9/2007 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ooo, this is a nice lip balm. I've tried the peppermint one (not bad, a little too waxy) and the honey version (terrible, weird texture), and this one is the best by far. It has a pleasant fruity scent and leaves your lips *slightly* pink , which is very nice. I think that this one may also be more moisturizing than the original version. Here are the ingredients for those interested: sunflower seed oil, beeswax, cocounut oil, castor oil, lanolin, comfrey root, pomegranate oil, sweet almond oil, anise oil, cassia oil, cinnamon leaf oil, clary sage oil, mandarin oil, tocopherol acetate and tocopherol (vit. E), rosemary leaf extract, carmine, fragrance 99.60% natural

Popular Lip Treatments