Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

4.1

Not tested on animals

Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Colloidal Oatmeal, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Allantoin, Papain, Salicylic Acid, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, PCA, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Cyclodextrin, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I bought this product after I had a facial. I followed the directions on the bottle but I still haven't seen a "lather". Yes, it bubbles alittle bit but for the amount they say, thats all you get. Besides the shaker-like bottle which pours out way more than you need, the product does what it says. I like that its not grainy to wear I feel I'm scrubbing my face off. This is great for people who get glycolic peels or use acne medication. Doesn't aggravate the skin. Left with tight-clean feeling.

on 6/18/2004 12:10:00 AM

a tiny bit of it make my skin look great! It is such a wonderful product to get rid of my dull skin

on 6/10/2004 8:33:00 AM

I had high hopes for this product but I guess skin care is just a very individual thing... This did not do much for me at all. It did seem to have a slight clarifying effect at first, then no effect at all and then it seemed to make my clogged up skin worse! Perhaps there is some ingredient here that I reacted badly to. Anyway, I have stopped using it now. I've used up a sample of the cream exfoliant and liked it better, but based on this experience I'm loath to spend another 28 or so on a product line that might not agree with me! We'll see.

on 5/31/2004 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

At $40 US, this stuff is probably the single most expensive skin care product (or really, beauty product in general) in my repitoire. However, it is a really great product. I've consistantly used it now for over a year and each bottle lasts between 4-6 months. It's a pretty steep investment, but it's great stuff. For those not familiar with it, it's a dry powder that you moisten with water and then use as a scrub. For my combination skin (everything from the nose up is dry and everything from the nose down is oily) it works beautifully. I tend to use less water and more microfoliant and really work it into my skin, sometimes even letting it dry for five minutes or so before brushing it off and following with a water rinse. I find that it does seem to keep breakouts to a minimum, but I do also need to use a good moisturizer (usally Desert Essence pure Jojoba oil) afterward. I think the one major detraction is the price, but since it does last a while (especially if you use it more sparringly than I tend to) and it is a good, effective, yet gentle daily exfoliant, it's worth the price.

on 5/21/2004 11:23:00 AM

I love this product!
I have pale, semi-sensitive skin that gets hormonal breakouts. (nothing too major, just along the chin).
I use this a few times a week, up to daily when I feel my skin needs it. I like to mix just a bit of water to make a thick paste and apply with my fingertips- less waste than if you use your palms. My bottle of very expensive microfoliant lasted me two years. I really like to mix the powder with a few crushed aspirin (see apririn mask reviews)...this leaves my skin glowing, spotless, and brings down all redness. I leave it on for as long as possible (until my skin gets tight, ala Joan Rivers) and then I rinse.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG exfoliant. I use it every day, and can't go a day without it! I have very dry skin [I use Creme De La Mer] and this doesn't dry my skin out at all, it just leaves it beautifully smooth. It is a little bit expensive in Australia, so to save $20-$25AUD per bottle I buy it online from either Strawberrynet or Fountain.

on 5/11/2004 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Another great product by Dermalogica! I use this as my a.m. product. It makes my face feel clean and refreshed and gets rid of any redness and irritation I have. Plus, it clears away a little bit of the greasies from overnight. I like how it's a powder so you can mix just what you need. A definite repurchase.

on 5/9/2004 9:56:00 PM

I got a deluxe sample of this product and have used it a number of times now. This seems to be botha chemical and mild physical exfoliator as it has some exfoliating particles in it as well as salicylic acid (a beta hydroxy acid). I like how it leaves the skin feeling clean and moist. Takes some experimentation as far as how much water to add to get the right texture but i think just a few drops is perfect to get a thick paste as that way you get more physical exfoliation from it. Seems to last a long time and I would use this as either a daily or every other day step in the cleansing routine. My skin is combo, acne prone.

on 4/14/2004 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe it's just me but this product irritated my face- dried it out, too.
My GF had acne and it fixed it so It's got benefits -just not for dry, thin skin.

on 4/13/2004 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

UPDATE: I'm still using -- and loving -- this product. I found that over time my face became accustomed to it; I can now use it every day, and do NOT have to follow up with a moisture mask. I now use Retin-A every 2 or 3 days, and I find this works well in conjuntion with that regimine. I still get this on Ebay for about $50 for the professional size...it lasts me over a year, even with daily use. ****************************************************************************
I have pretty dry skin, but one of those infamous tzones. I don't break out, but blackheads can be a problem in my chin/nose area if I'm not careful. My esthetician rags on me about exfoliating, but most products are too harsh. I got some samples of this and loved it.

I bought the "professional" size of the Microfoliant on Ebay because several reviewers here complained about the way the product dispensed from the retail size. The big size (6oz) cost me $58 with shipping. It opens at the top so I can just slip in my little 1/4 teaspoon and take out what I need.

It smells clean and is easy to use. Despite its name, I found I can't use it every day or it leaves my face feeling tight. I use it every other day, and always follow it up with a ten minute moisture mask. It leaves my skin smooth and bright, and my "congested" areas have cleared up to the point where I don't have to get extractions when I get my monthly facial. I LOATHE extractions!

I'm kind of a product hound, but I will keep this in my permanent lineup.