April 18, 2014 | 1897 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2003 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Chantrea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this product in a swap from a wonderful lady, and quickly had to purchase the full size product. I have extremely sensitive and dehydrated/dry skin, that is always flaky on my forehead to the point where I feel like a lizard sometimes! This is the only product I've found so far that I'm able to use daily without aggrivating my sensitive skin (no redness!), and that successfully has banished all flakes away!

The only drawback is the pricing and packaging, I have had a few accidents where I've knocked the bottle over and have lost spoonfuls of product.

Still, this is my HG exfoliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2003 11:50:00 PM More reviews by pamelaMUA

I received a sample of this with purchase. I fell in love and swapped with a nice MUAer for a full size. Before this, I never liked scrub or thought it was necessary. The few I tried (Clarins, Shiseido, Clinique) only dried out my already flaky skin and delayed the healing. Microfoliant, unlike others, is not a manual scrub. I always had trouble knowing how hard to scrub with the manual type.
This enzyme scrub is very gentle. It exfoliants away any flakiness and makes my skin squeakly clean. I use it once a week or once every two weeks. I also use RetinA and MD Forte Glycolic cleanser II. So only a very gentle scrub such as this can help get rid of flakes in winter. My complexion has improved a lot (used 10 months). I have also noticed less blackheads. The bottle design is not very smart though. It should have been a tub with a spatula to take out a little bit since you need very little. The big holes only make it easy to shake too hard and waste the product. Despite this, I love the microfoliant. Scrub has finally made it into my skincare regime. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2003 12:33:00 PM More reviews by echonym

I just started using this and love how smooth and firm my skin feels after using this. Only gripe is the price since I use this almost every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2003 3:47:00 AM More reviews by goldd75

I love this product! I pretty much use it daily and love everything about it. It's very easy to prepare. Wet your hands, sprinkle a bit in your palm and rub hands together to create a creamy paste. It is not harsh at all and has great texture. Your skin will feel very soft and smooth afterwards. It's a great prep for moisurizing and make-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2003 5:20:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great stuff. Appear expensive but noe can will last a year+ if you only use it 2-3 times per week (all I need). Results were evident after first use and I've been using faithfully for 1 year. My skin is NOTICEABLY brighter, smoother, and just more fresh. Recommend using in the morning versus at night!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2003 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Shift

Great product- makes skin very soft and smooth. Results evident after first use. The best exfoliant I have ever used.Price reduced at Foundation cosmetics.com- $20 AUD cheaper than what I paid at my Beautician.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by myyong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really did help me get rid of the blackheads on my nose! BUT, it is really too harsh and drying for my skin. If I use it everyday, I get a rash, and even if I use it every other day, my skin goes a bit red for an hour or so. My skin is sensitive/dry/flaky. I think it might be the detergents in the product that dries me up, rather than the exfoliant itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2003 11:52:00 AM More reviews by big_eder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh wow. I've been using this for 4 months and I've found my HG morning cleanser. Since it's a very gentle exfoliant (uses rice enzymes), it doesn't really remove makeup or anything, but used every morning, it's gotten rid of 99% of my blackheads! I don't ever (and I mean EVER) have to use a harsher facial scrub anymore, because I never have flakies or dry patches, pretty amazing since my skin is extremely dry and dehydrated! It does take about a minute to rub it in every morning, but that's a minute well-spent IMHO -- the massaging motion really helps with circulation. I use both the circular and patting motions that facialists use. When I rinse it off, my face is absolutely glowing! BTW, my skin is really sensitive, too... all you ladies who are plagued with sensitive skin and find most face scrubs too much for you, you have to try this! One bottle lasts for ages, too, so it's really inexpensive when it breaks down.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2003 6:15:00 AM More reviews by JJH1

Since I swear by Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant, I was surprised at this product's results - or rather the lack thereof. I don't see any difference in my skin, and at $45 for the smallest size, I should. Also, I don't like the salt-shaker packaging or the add-water requirement.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 9:15:00 PM More reviews by caprichozza

Great polishing exfoliant; it really makes my face soft without harsh abrasives.