Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (All brands)

4.5

Cocos nucifera

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi, this is my first post on MUA. I thought coconut oil would be good to start. This stuff is truly amazing! I heard about it through an informative speech in my communications class and i went right out and bought it. I use it every night as a moisturizer/acne product on my face. It has cleared up any blemishes I had, and anytime some new ones come up they are gone the next morning...never even come to a head or anything. My boyfriend is amazed by what this has done for my skin. I don't even break out during my period anymore. Other than that it's wonderful for removing make up, hair treatment, and lubricant. I absolutely love it! I can't believe I ever lived without it!

I love this product!! I use it on my hair as a leave in conditioner over night and it works awesome I have fine color treated/bleached hair and this works wonders!! As long as I don't use a ton my hair is not greasy it soaks it in. I use it on my skin and lips. It is the best mascara remover for waterproof also. This is a great all in one product and I will never be without it. You can buy it so it smells like coconut or refined with no smell.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff.
I am reading reviews about people breaking out from it..but um...i dont think i would EVER put this on my face...no matter who told me how great it is...just sounds like recipe for break out. anyways I use this to moisturize my afro textured hair. I use this Right after washing it....and every day as a moisturizer. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I love it. point blank period!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

This is my HG of body moisturizers. I've used this after I shower for years and it is just amazing-I almost never need to apply lotion or creams during the day. I have fairly dry skin with Keratosis pilaris, so it helps to make my skin softer in those areas.
I use it year-round and I've never broken out. I did try to use it on my face but that did break me out, so I I use it only for body. It can seem a little greasy but a little goes a lot way because it will instantly melt on your skin and spreads easily. Also wait a few minutes, then pat yourself dry with a towel before putting on clothes. Coconut oil is also a natural sunscreen. :]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like to use this on my hair as an overnight treatment, and sometimes to massage my scalp. I find it really helps if you have dry scalp or dry ends. The smell is delightful and it really works! You can use it on other parts of your body, like elbows/feet, but I would refrain from applying to your face. I will definitely repurchase, and want to incorporate this into some recipes also!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

my skin: moderate to severe acne on my chin, clogged pores on my forehead. before i used this had a lot of little pimples and bump all over my chin. i also had a lot of inflamed acne (only on my chin) i had a lot of hope for this product and stuck with it for 3 weeks. all the little bumps and whiteheads i had on my chin came to the surface for the first 2 weeks, which i thought was going to happen. i was SO broken out!!!!!!! so i thought that after the 3 weeks this phase of breaking out would stop and my skin would start healing- it didn't i just kept breaking out all over my face, not just my chin. i didnt even feel like it moisturized my body or my lips very well : (

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i use it as a conditioning treatment for my hair before washing it out. does a great job at making the hair soft and shiny, also gets rid of dandruff.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was one of those things I'd thought I would try after my jojoba disappointment. I've been using extra virgin coconut oil for over a year now and am glad b/c the stuff works for me. I use it regulary about 3/4 of the year on my face (all seasons but summer). I put a little on at night, then use cetaphil cream over it. Strangely, if I use it alone, it is too drying for my face. In the summer I don't use it b/c it's too greasy. I don't know how it works, but I don't have the problems like I had with jojoba oil. It's cheap enough to try, but since people have report having breakouts be cautious if you notice bad changes. I use it in my shins - moisturizing and seems to help to decrease the ingrown hairs. Also use it occasionally for my hair. It makes it soft and shiny, just a bit messy while it's in. I haven't tried cooking with this.

AMAZING!!
I use it for my body right after the shower, over stretch marks, in my hair as a mask, and in my morning smoothies! Soooooo many benefits to this!! You must get the pure, raw, unrefined kind like Nutiva. I buy the huge tub of this stuff. Expensive but so worth it, puts all your other beauty products to shame! My boyfriend loves it too. DO NOT use it on your face though!! Use jojoba oil instead. It's too thick and will cause the sebum to rise to the surface and then cause you to break out. My boyfriend and I both got a few pimples when we tried it on our faces. Amazing for everything else. Yes you can eat it, it helps you lose weight! Don't believe me? Do the reasearch yourself on Google. It's a saturated fat that's extremely good for you since it's plant based. Better than fish oil supplements or biotin! Makes your hair incredibly shiny and healthy(I have hair all the way down to my butt thanks to this stuff!!)

Yes, I would buy this again but I'm not sure I'll need to! I've had my jar for over a year and I've barely put a dent into it. Coconut oil is a fantastic multitasker. My favorite use for it is as a hand moisturizer. There are plenty of okay hand lotions out there that protect you from chapping but in my experience don't really moisturize. Coconut oil is perfect for my hands. I usually swipe them through the ends of my hair after rubbing it in (be careful! it's, you know, oil). You can cook with it as well. It gets a bit messy in the summertime since coconut oil melts at around 75 degrees, but pop it in the fridge and everything should be fine. I haven't tried it on my face because jojoba oil was such a disaster for me and I'm prone to milia, but for those with more tolerant skin I'm sure it would make a nice eye cream.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products