July 22, 2014 | 2194 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by blakie

I LOVE IT. I have dry skin, so when my skin is really dry I use some coconut oil. I had some red patches on my skin and they are gone after using it. I tried using it in my hair and that was a big mistake, my hair was all greasy, so i do not reconment that, but to the skin its AMAZING! xD

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBreastfeedingnPublic

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a huge fan of coconut oil. I use it everywhere. All over my body, my lips, a tiny bit on the ends of my hair. Lots of uses. It smells great but doesn't cause any irritation like products with artificial scents might. Never breaks me out and it does amazing things for my hair. If I could only take one beauty aid to a desert island this would probably be it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 4:17:00 AM More reviews by sezzleberry

I get my coconut oil in a plastic screw top tub. When it's in solid form its fine but when it melts it gets a bit messy. My climate is quite cool so its okay but I travelled to Australia with it and as soon as I entered the country my coconut oil melted and stayed in liquid form unless I put it in the fridge. It wasn't a huge deal though since it's amazing uses make it all worth it. I use it solely as an eye make up remover (and sometimes for emergency lip balm or moisturiser if I haven't got any on hand). I use a cotton pad, scrape a bit out of the tub, hold it onto my eye for 10 seconds and voila! EVERYTHING including waterproof products wipe off without tugging and excessive wiping! I LOVE IT and this is coming from a girl that wears full eye make up everyday and used to religiously only use Lancome Bi Facil! I thought I'd never find anything that worked as good as Bi Facil until I discovered coconut oil, and soo incredibly cheap it is so worth it! Of course I follow with another cleanser to clean off the oil and rest of my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by S0CiALiTE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing.
So many uses and you get so much for such a good price.
I melt it down and use it in my hair masques.
I mix it in with my body lotion (especially in the winter) for extra hydrated baby soft skin.
After washing my face (when my face is still wet) I put a little in my hands and put it all over my face and pat my face dry. My skin is so soft the next morning and not one breakout.
I also have naturally curly dry hair. When I wear my hair natural I put a little coconut oil in my hands and scrunch my curls and they come out beautiful, soft and defined.
The list goes on and on for this god send. Definitely a good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:24:00 AM More reviews by littlemiss2k

As all the comments verify below this product has so many uses!! I love using it on dry skin patches or after I have shaved my legs. It smells soooo good too, it reminds me of the summer. I will try on my hair like some other posters have suggested and update!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I researched extra virgin unrefined coconut oil because i heard many good things about it. I found it is great for the skin, hair, tanning, wrinkled skin, weight loss, and digestion. I have used it for all of these things (except wrinkled skin because im young so im not sure) and I couldn't be more pleased. My favorite uses are for washing my skin and for conditioning my hair. I use this as a face wash/makeup remover every morning and night. I only use this on my skin and wash it off with a wash cloth and water. Then after doing that I put on persa-gel 10 by clean and clear and thats all i do at night after washing with the coconut oil. I have always had oilyyy skin. My skin gets oily an hour after of washing it. After using this coconut oil to wash my skin the oil on my skin has reduced about 75% no lie!!!! I think this is better than anyyy face wash ive ever used for my oily skin and it doesnt strip my face of all its oil, it just leaves it with the perfect amount. Plus it doesn't make me break out. If anything it helps my acne. I was scared to use this on my oily skin but i am so happy i did. Im not sure if it will work that way for everyone but if you have super oily skin and want to reduce it .. give this a try!!! It also makes my hair look great and gives it more volume!! I am hoping it will eventually strengthen it a lot so it can grow longer.
UPDATE: I found a new cleanser called Dark Angels by Lush. That works perfect for my oily skin and it detoxifies my skin so well!!! I still love coconut oil but Dark Angels is my all time new favorite cleanser for oily skin it works even better than the coconut oil (probaby because it IS formulated for the skin haha). I will still occasionally use coconut oil though I have found another all love. have oily skin? CHECK OUT DARK ANGELS BY LUSH. it looks like a pile of dirt in a container but trust me its amazing.
UPDATE #2: Dark Angels broke me out badly, but I have gotten back in to the routine of using coconut oil to wash off makeup. I wouldn't recommend using only coconut oil because I think it has caused so blackheads using on its own. However, it is still definitely still one of my favorties for helping cut down on oil production! continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by hcnyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this for my body and as a hair treatment. I read other reviews here of people using this on their face so I tried it as I rarely have breakouts and have really clear skin. The day after using it my face had erupted in pimples pretty much everywhere. I had to go to the dermatologist to get prescription cream to clear it up because it wasn't going away on its own, I've never had that before.

So in all I would recommend for body and hair but I wouldn't recommend using on your face as others have done.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by AyEcHiHuAhUa

I am so grateful I found the MUA reviews for this, and ran out to buy it. This has transformed my hair more than ANY other product I've ever used. Let me add, I worked in a salon for 2 years and tried nearly every single product in the entire store and this works better than ANY of them.

I have waist legnth, wavy hair. It will be curly for me if I scrunch it, it will be straight for me if I blowdry. Natural state is wavy/poufy. I get lots of compliments when I wear it curly but it always took a lot of work.

Gel, mousse, anti-frizz creme, hairspray, scrunch-scrunch-scrunch - head upside down for half an hour while I loaded gallons of product into my hair. The results were curls, but they were stiff curls, and they'd mostly fall out by the next morning.

What I discovered using Spectrum's Cold Pressed Coconut Oil was quite by accident: I'd just had a shower, and got unexpected company. My hair was wet, only time to towel dry, no time to blow dry. So, I looked around in a rush and grabbed the jar of Coconut Oil on my sink (having just bought it the night before, never tried it) I didn't know what was going to happen but didn't want my hair air drying into frizzy waves. I warmed about a teaspoon of the oil in my palm (that seems like a lot but I have very thick, very dry, waist legnth hair) and *scrunched* it into my damp hair and went about my business. I noticed my hair slowly drying into well defined spirals. WTF? This stuff seemed to encourage my hair to actually curl up on its own.

I experimented next time I washed when I had time, put about 2 teaspoons this time, total, onto damp hair, scrunched and blowdried while adding a bit more at a time and when I flipped my head over I nearly fainted. Beautiful, well defined spiral/ringlet curls that were soft to the touch and non-greasy. I'd never seen my hair look so beautiful and with only ONE product on it.

Needless to say this is all I put on my hair now when I go curly (finish off with a little hairspray for holding power). It's simplified my routine AND when I wash my hair, it's never been softer, shiner or more manageable when I'm not going curly.
I got a large mayo-sized jar at Publix for $9 and plan to repurchase again and again.

When paired with the curly hair technique "plopping" (you may want to Google that term, it's worth it) my hair is so curly that it literally shrinks up about 6 or 7 inches - and stays that way - none of the dreaded "fall out" that I got with using products like gel and mousse. I can't say that everyone with wavy/curly hair will get this result as everyone's hair reacts differently but mine LOVES this stuff.

In fact, my hair has started wanting to curl up on its own when I get out of the shower now before I can even towel dry or get a chance to scrunch the curls in. It's like my hair was so dry before it didn't want to curl, but now that it's moisturized and soft it wants to curl up and behave! :)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

This is one of the best all over body lotions I have used. It makes your skin look so healthy and feels great. I also use it at night on my feet with cotton socks. I love it as a night cream. It is one of the best moisturizer available and it does not break me out either. Try it you will like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

I bought a 16 ounce jar of extra virgin coconut oil at the Vitamin Shoppe for about $12. I read the reviews for coconut oil here and knew I needed to give it a try. Since I bought it, I have used coconut oil on my hair, skin, and face.

For my hair, I put coconut oil all over my hair except for the roots. I leave it on for however long I have, sometimes a few hours, sometimes overnight. I wash it out with a clarifying shampoo and then condition as normal. Although the coconut oil does not make an immediate or drastic difference, after using it once or twice a week for a few weeks, I could tell my hair was in better shape. It was thicker, shinier, and more moisturized. I highly recommend

I use coconut oil on my skin too. I have really dry legs and I always have problems with them itching and looking very scaly. I apply coconut oil to them when I'm still wet from the shower and it absorbs well. I have to apply it to damp skin though, otherwise I'm gross and greasy all day. But applied to damp skin, coconut oil makes me so much softer than any lotion I have ever tried. The only downside is that I smell slightly like coconut (which I hate) but it does seem to fade after a few minutes.

I've also used coconut oil to remove my makeup, moisturizer my eye area, and treat any eczema patches. It worked great on them all. I highly recommend coconut oil. It's great, cheap, all natural, and highly versatile. What else could you want from a product?
continued >>