September 21, 2014 | 1990 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by colourfulapple

I bought this heat protector spray because my hair was getting dry from all the heat styling. However, I feel or see no difference if I use this product on my hair before heat styling. But I do like the fresh smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by meatismurder417

i bought this because i heard such good reviews, and its pretty cheap. but this stuff is so awful. it does nothing for my hair, no shine, and my hair is just frizzy as ever. sure it might help protect against the heat, but i need something for the FRIZZ! will never buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ocokgirl

OK now....i got this product one day at WAL-MART on a whim. I needed something that would protect my hair during the hair dryer and curling iron process. Now I know I do not have the most healthy hair, so I was not looking for a miracle. But my hair is straight, fine, highlighted bob hairstyle( sort of like KELLY CARLSONS on NIP/TUCK) it's an OK product but not much shine going on. I need shine!!! All of the highlighting on my mousey brown hair...I need something! This product does everything else good, but no shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ALEXMANI

this is a really good product and it works really well. i use this before i straighten my hair, focussing on the ends and i never get split ends from straightening my hair. Plus it smells great.

and it only gets greasy if you spray too much or put it too close to the scalp..put it on the tips where its dry and more likely to get damaged.

But i might only think it works well because i dont need to use my straightener for a long period of time to straighten my hair so its less heat damage ( i have straight asian hair).

it doesnt add too much shine thought, i usually use a shine spray afterwards. but this is basically HG for me..even though i havent tried anything else...lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised by the reviews saying this flatten or weighed down hair or made it sticky. I have very fine, thin hair and I LOVE this. I spritz my whole head then blow-dry. My hair comes out smooth and soft. This is also great for "rewetting" my hair on days I am not doing a blow-dry style. I have natural wave/curl and if my hair dries too much in the towel before styling, I get frizz. This stops that. I can't say that I can really tell whether this helps with heat damage.

It's strongly scented when I first spray it but I don't notice it after hair is dry. I love the bottle with the trigger spray. So much nicer than a pump. (US $4.19 for 8 oz)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great heat protectant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by laughalot12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product! I used to use the chi version of it and it made my hair very stiff and dry. I decided to give this one a try and it made such a difference! My hair is so soft now! If you are like me and can't live without your straightener and curling iron, this product is a must have! It is also very inexpensive and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely CANNOT do my hair without this product. I have seriously color treated hair and this is a MUST. I spray it on damp hair, then dry my hair. I flat iron sections of my hair at a time and I spray this on each section right before I flat iron it. It leaves my hair soft and in great shape. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I'm sad to see it hasn't worked for some reviewers. I guess everyone's hair is different. I have very thick and course hair and it's a godsend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Whenever I use this before styling it makes my hair so much softer and shinier and smoother. Sometimes I just put some in even when I air dry my hair and it will still be smooth and soft. Granted I have straight hair, but this stuff is amazing. It even gives me a bit of volume when I use it while blowdrying my hair. Overall I love it and it has a very fine mist!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by angelsxmelody

I really like this spray. Whether or not it's protecting my hair I don't know (but God i hope so), it still makes your hair really shiny after straightening or curling it and it makes it softer too.