April 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2004 9:27:00 AM More reviews by blush223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's ok, but certainly doesn't live up to the hype. Basically a light concealer/highlighter that in an automatic pen/brush. You click the pen to bring the lotion to the brush. Not an effective under-eye concealer for me, and a bit streaky as a highlighter. Doesn't last well, fades fairly quickly. Don't know what are the raves are for. Still looking for an HG concealer/highlighter. This is not it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2004 12:12:00 AM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't wear much makeup except a little eyeshadow here and there. So I'm not an expert on whats the best makeup brands out there but I've heard a lot of YSL Touche Eclate and I had to try it out. I think it's great! It doesn't feel heavy, very smooth finish. Covers my blemishes well, not perfect but still well. I have VERY dark circles under my eye, doesn't cover those as much as I want, but good enough. But overall, thumbs up on this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2004 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Camillaaa

Ok, I don't really understand what everyone's raving about. It works no better than all the other ones I've tried, sure it looks great but my fave is still Lancomes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2003 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Snow_Angel350

A-maz-ing! I'v been using Touche Eclat for about 7 years now, i can't live without it! for everyone out there it is NOT a concealor! It's too sheer to "cover" imperfections, It simply deflects the light away from areas of your face. I use this under my eyes OVER concealor and it makes a hugee difference! it brightens up my whole face and looks great. It's reallly expensive but i use this every single day and one pen will last me for about 5 months! The only complain i do have about it, you have no idea when your running low on it, so that kinda sucks. It's definatly my HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2003 7:39:00 PM More reviews by sallyjane

If you're over 30, just bite the bullet and start buying this as an inevitable and natural part of being a 'grown-up'. Yes, it's pathetic at covering up scrofulous pustules on your face (but then remember this product is light-reflecting - do you really want to beam all available light from the monthly carbuncle on your chin?), and yes, I agree with previous reviewers, you do get a niggardly amount that runs out without the slightest warning, BUT and it's a huge BUT, this is the only product that conceals those under-ocular dark ovoids that are the by-poduct of having an interesting life. Of course, you could economise and simply avoid under-eye shadows by going to bed early and eschewing the finer things in life, but you're going to die one day anyway, so you might as well live a little, and this is the product that will allow you to do so and remain looking half-decent. Like tampons, contact lenses, the pill and underwires - one of the great inventions of the 20th century.

32 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2003 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cookiegal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

although it is VERY expensive, this is MAGIC, its not thick or gloppy, and diffuses light over imperfections, and looks wonderful under my eyes and covers my horribly dark undereye circles! the pen packaging is also very cute too, love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2003 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Anda

I've been using this on and off for a few years and am in the middle of my 2nd tube. My 1st tube was the wrong color. Previously I bought #1, which was too pink and light for my NC30 skin. The sheer coverage means that u might not really see much of an effect in the mirror, but I went on vaction, developed the pics and almost died. I looked like I'd stuck headlights under my eyes. Now I use regular concealer for regular days, and whip Touche Eclat (#3, which is better for medium or yellow skintones) out when there might be a photo-op. It makes all the difference in the world and covers the dark corners of the eyes that regular concealer might not be able to hide on film. I know it's also meant to be a concealer, but for me, just about every other basic product and brand works as well or better in that regard, so I'll take a point off. It's 2nd-to-none on camera, but I have to live in real-life too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by DawnH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. This makes me look so awake and gives me that wide eyed look. It is very pricey but definately worth it. I have repurchased once already. Other concealers have creased and gone cakey around my eyes.....this product always looks bright and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2003 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ASHLEYKENT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this concealer is cover-up really nice and you look awake and very natural nice finish.
ashley =)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2003 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Smallonion

I was moved to write a review of this product when I lost my touche eclat for a week. I just found it again, (it slipped into a rip in the lining of my bag) thankfully! Well, during the week I lost it, I re-visited all the other concealers I've bought in the past and nothing works on undereye circles like this. Everything else is too thick and cakes or flakes. And the knock-offs of this product just don't cut it for some reason.
This must be my 10th repurchase.
My only complaint is the fact that you have no idea when you're running out, and then...click. No more. This seems to happen to me on an important night out! Here in London they sell twin packs at a bit of a discount. I think I'll buy that the next time.