December 18, 2014 | 894 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by superjunkie

What is everyone so excited about? I'll admit the click/pen dispenser is convenient(and has been copied a billion times) but otherwise this a rather cheap quality light coverage foundation. It creases, and the pinky colour makes my golden complexion look greyish-not great under the eyes. It's OK to highlight the browbone. Why YSL is stuck in the eighties with its colour line (not one single yellow toned concealer in the entire line)is anyone's guess. And the gold container is a touch too DYNASTY.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2004 9:39:00 AM More reviews by red_cherry

i have dark skin, so sometimes the highlighter looks a bit weird especially over my dark dark dark under eye circles. but it does work and helps to bring out cheek bones, makes your jawline more prominant and can help make your nose look thinner. i will repurchase but probably the new darker one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2004 4:40:00 PM More reviews by SCBM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! This product makes me look awake and gives me such a glow. There isn't a lot of coverage to it, however it reflects the light giving you a flawless complexion. I have a lot of dark spots on my face and every concealer I've ever used you could see sitting on my skin and would cake almost immediately. This product blends right into my skin, you can't see it at all--even in the sunlight. If you are looking for a heavy duty concealer, especially one for blemishes,this is not the product for you. You can use it over regular concealer and it makes the appearance of the skin much more natural. I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2004 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Margootje

This is my HG concealer. I use it every day to make the dark circles under my eyes less visible. It makes me look as if I had a good night of sleep. I use it occasionally on small imperfections. Great product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by emilymakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this works great for me because i hate it when concealer cakes up under my eyes. it brightens up my eye area, and gets rid of the red around my nose, although it doesn't cover my dark circles completely and i still use a regular concealer on blemishes. now that i've read the reviews, i think i'll try using it as a primer for under-eye concealer - maybe that'll be the perfect texture and coverage combo. i think it's a good product, but it's a little over-hyped and it's ridiculously expensive ($30 USD, more or less).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 12:51:00 PM More reviews by brunette_chic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best concealer I've used in my life. It makes you radiant. I don't think there's a woman in the world who would say Touche Eclat isn't effective. It covers blemishes, commodones, spots, dark circles and if used on the upper eyelid just above the lashes your eyes look massive and very white. Kapow, stunning action!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2004 5:11:00 PM More reviews by PorcelainPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! If you are looking for a concealer to cover up blemishes then this isn't it. However, if you are looking for something to really brighten your face and undereye area this is wonderful! This is a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2004 1:25:00 AM More reviews by GhostWriter

Hmph... Sorry all…I just didn't see the big deal. As a highlighter, no. As a primer, yes. I like the texture, I LOVE the click-y brush applicator– but I now use that brush to apply my concealer. Yup, I click it a couple of times, then swirl the brush in the cap of my concealer and paint it on. It does work well as a shadow primer, minimal creasing after several hours. But otherwise…I guess I just don’t need it. I guess I won’t buy it again. UPDATE: I have to admit, when I use this as a primer, it does hold my eye makeup and concealer in place for the duration of a 12-hour restaurant shift. It creases minimally (but what wouldn't in that environment I guess), and when I finally swipe my lids with my finger at the end of the day to get the grease off my lids (I can feel subtle stickiness, just a habit), or between shifts when I touch up for the night shift I've noticed it isn't oily, just sort of silky. It seems to sit on my skin WITHOUT sliding. I sometimes reapply a bit around 4:00, to clear any oilies, brighten the eye area and reset a new application of shadow (I don’t wash my face at work, the makeup I use stays ON, so there’s no real need) and it again feels weightless. I’ll still try other primers out after this, but I suppose I would repurchase this, as I know its benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2004 9:33:00 PM More reviews by alexandra77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is really cool and probably works but what's the point? It contains mineral oil which is really really bad for the skin so it defeats the purpose. If you're using it to hide flaws then you're just creating more by using it!!
Sorry to break it to you! I was upset too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 1:27:00 PM More reviews by jeri55

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can see where this would be sort of a "love it or hate it" product for a lot of people if they're thinking of it more like a traditional concealer. Personally, I love it.

Normal concealers tend to migrate into every little line that may be lurking under my eyes and even if it actually covers dark circles, the concealer itself accentuates and draws attention to the area and it just looks worse than if I use nothing. The Touche Eclat isn't really obvious when you apply it - rather it just brightens up the area - if you apply it to one eye and not the other, you can definitely tell that one eye looks more alive.

That said, it's not going to cover up really dark circles, so it's a "which is worse" scenario and I guess I'd rather have a subtly better-looking eye area than a crinkled, covered mess! (Don't you just love it when you have choices?!) UPDATE: Anyone who travels should keep in mind that this is an item which is considerably less expensive overseas. I always purchase several of these when I'm in Europe and have never paid more than $18US - they retail for about $35US here. Try some of the smaller pharmacias which discount perfume and cosmetics, not a department store, for the best prices.