LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

(This is the original review that I posted on the Vogue Australia Forums back in August 2005).

I have been using this gorgeous cleanser for about a year and a half now and it is one of my few true HGs.

The results are fairly instant - your skin feels incredibly smooth, divinely soft and beautifully cleansed after you've washed it off. In my case, the results have improved over time and I have noticed that my skin is clearer, softer and less congested around the t-zone (which has been quite notorious in the past for congestion).

I have had many lovely comments from friends and even strangers about the state of my skin.

Although my skin is not completely clear and blemish-free all of the time, it is fairly close to it most of the time!

I also find that foundation glides on a lot more easily since I began using it (although I tend to only use foundation very occasionally).

I have normal-combination skin (it tends to get a little oily and occasionally congested around the t-zone), for those who are interested. However, I am fairly sure that this would be gentle enough for all skin types.

It is also relatively inexpensive - AUD$14.50 for 100 grams, which I find lasts me a good four or more months using it both day and night.

How To Use:
After adding a few drops of water a little pea-sized blob of the cleanser and amalgamating the two to form a moist paste.

Apply the paste all over your face and massage, using a gentle circular motion.
Wash off and then start stroking your lovely, soft face. Or alternatively, you could get a loved one to do the stroking. ;-)

Ingredients:
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Perfume.

NOTE: Since then (and due to some unwanted hormonal activity), I've scaled back my usage of AOBS to mornings only and after I use my Mario Badescu Silver Powder at night. Still love it. <3

on 11/3/2006 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I found out about this a long time ago, after buying some LUSH products overseas (please God let LUSH come to the U.S.) but didn't think it would do much for my acne-prone skin; either that or it would greatly increase the severity of my acne, because I've found scrubbing to be wayyy too harsh on my face. I finally gave in and bought some of this online after reading some reviews on Amazon.com and I have never been happier. I only use it once or twice a week, and moisturize immediatly afterwards....WOW!! My face is sooooo soft I just sit there like a lunatic touching my face. Can't say it's necessarily done a lot for my acne (I'm on BCP's to control my hormones) but my skin is crazy smooth everytime I use it. It's not harsh at all but definitely exfoliates. Try this once and you'll fall in love.

on 10/29/2006 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I look forward to washing my face. This smells really good. At first i didn't like the smell, but it grew on me. The anis in it is interesting. Makes my face very soft.

on 10/18/2006 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best cleansers I've used! I love that it's gentle yet removes all of my makeup. I've been using this daily and along with acne.org's regimine, my face has been clear for months.

on 10/2/2006 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have used lush's facial care for 5-6 years with excellent results. a combo of ocean salt, enzymion, and coalface has been perfect for my oily skin. but recently my skin has decided to become much more sensitive and is not responding well to my usual product routine. so i have switched to lush's more gentle products. i use babyface prior to AOBS and the results have been wonderful. my skin is much improved and is no longer misbehaving like it was. i think perhaps my skin has just changed, which is not uncommon i guess. i can't believe that i have never used this before b/c it is an amazing cleanser. so gentle that i wouldn't even call it an exfolient or a scrub, though it does gently polish my skin. i love the texture, which is so fine and almost mealy. to use i just put a pea sized amount into my palm and add a tiny bit of water until it's looser, then work into my skin like any other cleanser. i use it both in the morning and at night. i follow up with celestial moisturizer and my skin glows. AOBS smells so fresh and natural too. like some of the other reviewers have said, i really look forward to washing my face everyday.

I originally got Angels on Bare Skin as a sample with my Lush order. Since I have sensitive skin I tend to shy away from most facial scrubs. After I tried this, however, it has become a part of my daily beauty routine. I must say that I am not that fond of the scent. It is quite flowery and reminds me of the smell of roses (I can't stand that smell). The texture is amazing. All you need is a little dab. I rub it onto my wet face and it kind of turns into a clay like consistency with gentle scrubby things (looks like flax seed or rice). It makes my skin glow and it gets rid of the dry scaly patches around the bottom of my nose. I use it every morning to get my skin in good shape and wash it off with my usual facial cleanser. If you have dull, dry or flaky skin I suggest you try this out.

on 9/23/2006 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Loved it at the start but found it clogged my skin overtime. Smells nice and is a nice grainy scrub.
Downside is that I keep on getting little bits of the almond meal in my eyes.

on 9/14/2006 7:32:00 PM

This is one of my most favourite cleansers ever! This is that product I use when i want my skin to look gorgeous, glowing and rosy. A definite HG, i will definitely repurchase this.
A drawback is the packagaing - it is flimsy and easy to squash.
Everything else is great - the price is pretty good, it DOES last a long time IMO and it definitely does the job!

on 9/14/2006 3:30:00 PM

Truly excellent product! Mild enough to use everyday on my combination skin and since using AOBS I have had very few fresh outbreaks of spots. The ones I have had have been tiny little pimples that are gone in a few days, rather than the big red ones that used to hang about for weeks. And another good thing - people have actually commented on how good my skin looks, something I can honestly say has never happened to me in all my teenage/adult life. Loving this one and after years of spending my money on so called clear complexion products, I think I'll be sticking with AOBS for some time.

on 9/10/2006 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Second favourite after Herbalism! I use this a few times a week to keep my skin smooth and balanced.

It cleanses well, exfoliates, smooths, softens and moisturises my combination skin that's prone to spots, all without casuing it to break out.

Easy to use, smells fabulous, with the only downside being the packaging as with all Lush cleansers. Not sturdy enough and tends to crack while travelling.

Love the contents though!