November 21, 2014 | 990 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been resisting this product for ages. I am a Dermalogica addict and refuse to believe that anything else could work so well for me. Well, i think i might have found something. I still believe that i need to use my Special Cleansing Gel to remove my make up at the end of the day, but after that (and in the mornings) i use a small glob of this. I push it into my palm and make it all flat and then add drops of water (keep mashing) until it is paste like. It then smooths into my skin like a dream, all the while gently exfoliating (my skin is never red or dry).
I love the oil it leaves behind ... oil is the wrong word, its more just a layer of goodness! My skin is soft and glowy and i cant wait to see how good it gets.

FYI - I have 'pretty' good skin with an occasional pimple here and there - but none since i used this product.

Yes the package is crap, but i just tip it into a small 'tupperwear' type container and all is good!

Update - i use this as a mask once a week - its truely amazing! You just wet a big chunk and smooth it on thick. It leaves my skin super soft (do it in the shower and the steam helps). Also, ive totally gotten use to making it into a paste without the mess factor, so practice makes perfect ;-)

edit - ive gone back to my dermalogica special cleansing gel and skin smoothing cream routine. this stuff is good for a mask but not for everyday (for my skin, at least) ... my skin was getting a bit dull and breaking out a bit. I think its just me though ... whenever i stray from my beloved dermalogica my skin doesnt 'glow' like it normally does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2006 7:19:00 AM More reviews by AManDaX

I am on my 2nd tub...love the glowing results! But the packaging is just terrible that i hv to throw out about half of the content....BUT still a HG cleanser for me and def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ancilla_morte

This is the BEST facial cleanser I have EVER USED. I am ECSTATIC about it. It perfectly cleans my skin and exfoliates and my skin is baby smooth.You definitely get used to mixing the paste together with water. That's why I only use it in the shower as it is MUCH easier to manage, and you don't have to worry about making a mess. Make sure you do it right before washing your hair because it tends to get a few grainy bits at my temples after rinsing.
I love this product so much I would marry it if I could. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2006 6:19:00 AM More reviews by princesa_irulan

I don't usually use LUSH face care because I find that most of them smell horrible and the consistency and texture is just wrong for me. But one day I was reading the ingredients of this product in a Lush Shop and loved the idea of such a primitive yet beautiful sounding cleanser, so I gave it a sniff and surprise! it was lovely! glorious fresh lavender and a faint almondy roses at the back, dlicieux! the texture is perfect, the grounded almond is very elastic per se so it never aggravate your skin producing those nasty micro-lacerations that sugar-based or grounded kernel-based scrubs can cause. The lavender and rose oils calm my skin completely and after patting dry it feels clean, relaxed, toned and even moisturised! The packaging is hideous like all Lush products, but that is the ethos of the company and I don't have a problem with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by cuntishness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love love angels on bare skin. i found this product while i was in the u.k.
coming from a humid part of the u.s., new orleans, my face just flipped out in the cold winter air. it turned strangly dry, then oily in other places and i could not get it to behave. i was beyond annoyed. while in glasgow we saw a lush store, i went in and explained my combination skin and they reccomended this. i would kiss those girls if i could. finally my face was ok. it smells a little earthy but certainly not bad. i have a supply of this and will not travel without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by braddersfromtheblock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this cleanser. I've been using it for about two years now and would never swap for anything else. I have normal skin with occasional tendency to dryness and hormonal breakouts. This product exfoliates gently and really wakes skin up and gives me a healthy glow - great for when I've been burning the candle at both ends, this can make me look like a human being again! It smells gorgeous (lavender) and feels great on your skin, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LadyInsane

From my own experience, this is absolutely perfect for my sensitive combination skin. Afterwards, my skin doesn't oil up to compensate for dryness, and feels soft and smooth. This gives my skin radiance, but of course needs back up from toner and moisturiser to have this effect last! I love the texture, the feel, the scent and the way my skin reacts. A perfect match, one that I've waited long for! Plus, this may seem expensive, but I only need to use the tiniest amount, so its fantastic value. Liquids have a habit of just going down the drain. Most exfoliants aggravate my skin, but the paste texture makes this the only exfoliant my skin adores.(I really like Lush's choice of having simple and minimal packaging, personally, so I see no reason to bitch about little plastic containers )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a huge fan of this. I prefer Herbalism or Aqua Marina. I find it is a little too oily for my combination skin and doesn't remove every bit of makeup. I'm also using a chemical exfoliant at the moment and daily exfoliation with AOBS as well is too much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cute_fishy

This broke me out, big time. Big, painful pimples.
And it was really difficult to use. You've to make it into a paste first then apply to your face. And it didn't clean very well. And the smell is really overwhelming.
Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Katie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's great. A bit hard to use, but who cares? Doesn't dry out the skin and smells terrific. Great especially if you have dry skin!