LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This makes a decent exfoliator for the face, rather than a cleanser. It didn't break me out nor did it leave my skin irritated. Has no oil control properties, but gives light moisture. It's very average for me, so not sure if I would get again. But is an organic alternative to the other exfoliators on the market.

I bought this on a trip while shopping at LUSH for the first time. The SA recommended it for my combo/oil skin. However, she suggested it as a scrub after I cleanse. I wasn't all that keen on it at first and didnt think it did anything for my skin. However, i began reading the reviews for it and realized that it was supposed to be used as a cleanser, so I tried that. WOW! I absolutely love this stuff. It makes my skin so soft and so far I dont feel like I need an extra scrub or mask because my skin looks and feels great. I was using it morning and night, but have cut back to just nighttime use because i still like the other cleanser I was using and i feel like this adds moisture, which i need in the winter.

I will probably keep this a winter only cleanser as my skin gets oily in the summer, but needs the extra moisture in the winter. Also love the smell and the way it goes on. It makes me feel like I am doing something great for my skin.

I am not a huge fan of the packaging but its fine for me at home as i do not travel a lot and I keep it in my shower to avoid messes.

I have oily, acne-prone skin. So far this cleanser has been perfect at keeping my skin clear and keeping the oil production low. I love the paste that is easily made, it becomes a gentle exfoliater that smells beautiful. I love this product. I only wish LUSH had better packaging. The container for this is very flimsy. I had received a harder plastic container for Herbalism, and the top stayed on much tighter. I wished they used that container for the other cleansers, as well.
Despite that, this is a beautiful cleanser, leaves skin so soft and beautiful. I would definitely try it.

I love this cleanser! It's such a nice, gentle exfoliation. If I have time, I'll rub some on my face and let it dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe it off with a warm, damp washcloth. The clay really cleans out your pores. I couldn't rate it 5, however, because the packaging is a little awkward. It doesn't fit well in most medicine cabinets or drawers and it looks pretty weird sitting near the sink.

HG Cleanser. After trying all sorts of products to get my skin to behave I realised that nourishing it is better than stripping it. AOBS left my skin softer after the first use than I've ever felt it. The first time I used it I had a pimple starting and the next day it was GONE. I would even venture so far as to brag that my cheeks are softer than my 1 year old cousin's little *cheeks*. I absolutely love the smell but I'm concerned that it's a bit much exfoliation for everyday use. I use this in combination with Imperialis moisturizer and it is FABULOUS! Love it. What more can I say.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 2

Packaging: 2

Buy again? yes

My friend introduced me to LUSH products today while we were at the mall. LUSH was having an in-store promotion-- buy $35 worth of product, get another free (anything in the store!). I figured it was a good deal, so I was willing to try.

I bought Angels on Bare skin- mine was $7.16, so I guess I didn't have 100g of it. since I was new to LUSH products, I just wanted to try certain things and start off slowly (to avoid getting over-excited and shocking my skin).

I am so glad I tried this! I took a small blob and mixed it in my palm. It turned kind of watery, so I just slathered it on and rubbed gently. I noticed the soothing scent and it felt very soothing to put on too! When I rinsed, I felt a bit of a film, but I figured it was the lavender oil. When I looked in the mirror a few minutes later, I noticed my pores had pretty much disappeared! I was so amazed. I touched my skin and nearly dropped my jaw-- my skin was LITERALLY as smooth as a baby's bum!

My skin is normal-combo-ish so it's not terribly oily (though it used to be). I would definitely repurchase, as long as it doesn't break me out (I may update later). continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked this cleanser but it was a little too oily for my skin year round. I'd only use it in the winter when I get dried out. Love the smell though.

HG.Enough said...Gosh, don't know what happened, triggered scary allergies; what a shame. Back to the quest for the perfect cleanser...

This is a beautiful little scrub. It is so gentle I can use it on my neck and even over my eyelids. I would never do that with any other scrub I have found. My eyelids used to be so flaky that no moisturizer could ever help, and eyeshadow looked terrible on them no matter what I did. Then I found Angels on Bare Skin. AOBS leaves them lightly exfoliated and moisturized, and ready to accept eye cream. They are no longer flaky. Of course I have to be careful not to open my eyes with this stuff on them, and to caress the eyelids rather than rub them. This scrub is gentle enough to use daily, and has never irritated my skin. It has a light, soft, slightly herbal scent. You may lose a little product when making a paste and putting it over your face, but a pot lasts a very long time (mine's going on 4 months already with daily use). I can see that some people might get annoyed at the packaging and the necessity of mixing the product, but these things don't bother me. I have already, and will continue to repurchase this item.

This is one of my favourite products. I've been using AOBS in the morning for about 2 years and it leaves my face soft, calm, well-hydrated and doesn't make me break out. It isn't good for removing make-up so I wouldn't use it as my primary cleanser, but it is fantastic for morning or after a more drying cleansing product. I sometimes use it after Fresh Farmacy if my skin feels too tight.