LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 9/8/2006 5:14:00 PM

this didn't do anything for me. my skin is still in the same state as it was when i first started using this a month ago. i had high expectations because of all the raves... i guess, i'll go back to drugstore cleansers.

I love this.. I love all natural stuff and this has won me. I was so excited to try it thanks largely to the the Aus. Vogue forum and yay it is great. Very gentle and smells great. The results are outstanding. So gentle yet cleansing! UPDATE: This is unfortunately not enough for my flaky, dull skin. There is better out there, however if you have really sensitive or fragile skin you'll love it. Great gentle product though. UPDATE: It really isn't all that great. There is definately better out there!!

on 9/2/2006 8:44:00 PM

The initial price puts some off... but if they realised this little tub would last them six months, they might think again.

I find this cleanser perfect for my sensitive, allergic, pimple-prone skin. In a very short time it has cleared away some impressive zits and blackheads, and is leaving my skin clear, healthy-rosy, and incredibly soft.

I can't recommend this product enough!

For those having trouble with use - it's easy in the shower. Wet face, get a pea-sized chunk of AOBS and smoosh it around your face. Then rinse under the shower again. Easy!

on 9/2/2006 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This doesn't work for me as a cleanser, but it's pretty decent as a gentle exfoliator. This grey paste has a texture like putty with bits of lavender and is sold by weight in a plastic tub. Contains almonds (exfoliating) and kaolin(oil absorbing). Also contains fragrance, so sensitive skins make not take well to this. The combination of lavender oil and koalin makes this a good choice for oily yet dehydrated skins. Will I buy again? Not so sure. Apart from the feel-good factor from the heavenly lavender scent, this product borders on being gimmicky without delivering any real long-term benefits. Having said that, my skin feels nice and soft after rinsing and it's fun to use. And you know - sometimes that's all a gal needs.

on 8/30/2006 2:43:00 PM

I'm new to the world of Lush and loving it so far. I got a generous sized sample of this from my sister who is worried that she will never finish out her product (she thinks you have to use it out in 3 weeks but I'm not too sure about that) and so far I'm loving it.

My skin is combination which means it has oiler parts (especially my forehead) and parts that are also very dry (my cheeks) so I need a cleanser that can address both these issues. I use AOBS in the morning and love the way it gently exfoliates my skin and leaves it feeling fresh and soft. The smell is also very appealing as well.

Listen closely to the instructions you are giving for using this or else you will end up wasting a lot of product like I did my first couple of uses.

I can definitely see myself purchasing this again though I would like to try their other cleansers as well just to get an idea of what's available. I never ever thought I would be impressed with Lush's skincare line and I am glad to have been proven wrong.

on 8/27/2006 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. Its gentle but cleans my face pretty well. I don't know if it exfoliates, but that's okay, I use Ocean Salt for that 1-2x/week. Angels on Bare Skin smells wonderful, and leaves my skin feeling soft, not tight. I love the ingredients. I wash with it most days. Interesting cleanser that's effective and doesn't break me out.

on 8/26/2006 4:35:00 PM

a nice and quite gentle peeling for me. but i think nothing for my dry skin. i MUST use a moisturizer after using it. skin feels quite even and i like this. good peeling because i cant use very many peeling, because of my sensitive skin. AOBS is quite nice but not that great. i thought it's so great and good for dry skin. using is difficult, but a little goes a long way. it doesnt foam...actuelly no peelings foam:)
AONBS is ok, but not super and so i dont recommend it. too gentle for oily, acne prone skintypes and dry out dry skin a bit. so you dont need it. save the money and buy aqua marina. i love this stuff. AOBS is just ok

on 8/21/2006 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A little rough and harsh on my sensitive skin, alas as I love the name. My skin was left slighly red and uncomfortable. Perhaps it would be an option for some if used no more than twice a week.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

(From the perspective of a very acne-prone person)!!! At first, great for countering the overly-drying effects of Fresh Farmacy. It does leave an oily film on your skin, but it's "good" oil (Lavender). Here's the problem: I switched over to LUSH products all in one go (buying like 5 products my first time there), so at first I think I was attributing too much of my acne-prone skin's transformation to this. I completely agree with the reviewer below: "I used this for a few months and it left my skin smooth and clean and then all hell broke loose."
Sadly, after 2 months, my skin started to get congested again, and I think it was this...I was using it 2x per day, and I think it was just to much oil for my oily skin. continued >>

I think this product is great and i think a lot of the bad reviews may be due to the way people are using it when i first tried it i didnt really know how to use it ,i tried it twice and gave up ,but i have now found the best way to use it and i am loving the results .it clears up congestion if i dont use it for a few days i see a big differance in my skin its much more dull and the pores are clogged.I use it everyday after cleansing the ground almonds are so gentle on your skin .now that i know how to use it ,its become a HG.I cleanse my face and the afterwards i use this,I do this everyday but for someone with a more senstive or dry skin maybe twice a week would be better