December 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lifeisgood3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not your average exfoliator. It is probably the most gentle one I've used. I have oily, acne-prone skin that uses ProActiv religiously. I wanted to try something more natural (I love LUSH!!) and got some of this from a friend. It really is nice. I used this in combination with Sweet Japanese Girl for two weeks without my ProActiv to see a difference. My skin did look really good. The oilyness had subsided and no new pimples showed up. The only thing is that I did have a huge zit show up after my two week skin glow session. I think it was just my skin purging itself. It has a weird play-doh like consistency with bits of ground up almond in it so it can get tricky and does take some practice. If you can get some in a store, play with it to get used to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Hotshreddie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser was ok-it kept my skin pretty clear, but had a tendency to dry it out a fair bit. The grains were quite harsh, and i think if you have reasonably clear althoug somewhat dry/sensitive skin to begin with (as i do)then you shouldnt go for something so exfoliating as it will strip alot of the moisture away...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a week now, and I can tell a dramatic difference. My skin was purging a bit when I first started, but now it's gone down. I try to use this at least once a day or every other day. It's not harsh on my skin at all, even though my skin type is sensitive. It hasn't cleared up my blackheads completely, but I have faith! =) I use this combined with Coal Face soap, and Eauroma Toner. I love them all!! My only complaint is that it doesn't have any sort of spatula to scoop it out (which I was able to find one on my own), and the packaging seems very flimsy! Other than that, the main importance is the products and I love the fact it's fresh and handmade. I smell a LUSH addiction coming up.....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cant understand why some people find the grains in this too harsh because to me, they feel almost soft (soft grains, i know, sounds weird.) anyways, i have oily/combo skin (oily on t-zone, especially forhead, where i recently seem to constantly have two or three pimples) and i thought i'd try this out. Can anybody tell me, whether this lavender oil is pure essencial oil or is it mixed with a vegetable oil? it must be, because on touch it feels a little oily. Making it is a pain, but the more u do it the easier it gets. i decided that this is probably not good for my forehead, but i use it everywhere else on my face. I wouldn't really say its highly moisturising, but def doesn't strip the skin. Makes skin soft (liz earles cleanse and polish does a better job i think...) and balances (my nose isn't as oily). can anybody recommend to me a better product (lush or not) for my skintype? i took off a lippie because it may not be highly suited for my skin type, but for anyone with either normal, a litttttllee oily, or a litttlle dry, should love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been resisting this product for ages. I am a Dermalogica addict and refuse to believe that anything else could work so well for me. Well, i think i might have found something. I still believe that i need to use my Special Cleansing Gel to remove my make up at the end of the day, but after that (and in the mornings) i use a small glob of this. I push it into my palm and make it all flat and then add drops of water (keep mashing) until it is paste like. It then smooths into my skin like a dream, all the while gently exfoliating (my skin is never red or dry).
I love the oil it leaves behind ... oil is the wrong word, its more just a layer of goodness! My skin is soft and glowy and i cant wait to see how good it gets.

FYI - I have 'pretty' good skin with an occasional pimple here and there - but none since i used this product.

Yes the package is crap, but i just tip it into a small 'tupperwear' type container and all is good!

Update - i use this as a mask once a week - its truely amazing! You just wet a big chunk and smooth it on thick. It leaves my skin super soft (do it in the shower and the steam helps). Also, ive totally gotten use to making it into a paste without the mess factor, so practice makes perfect ;-)

edit - ive gone back to my dermalogica special cleansing gel and skin smoothing cream routine. this stuff is good for a mask but not for everyday (for my skin, at least) ... my skin was getting a bit dull and breaking out a bit. I think its just me though ... whenever i stray from my beloved dermalogica my skin doesnt 'glow' like it normally does.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2006 7:19:00 AM More reviews by AManDaX

I am on my 2nd tub...love the glowing results! But the packaging is just terrible that i hv to throw out about half of the content....BUT still a HG cleanser for me and def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2006 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ancilla_morte

This is the BEST facial cleanser I have EVER USED. I am ECSTATIC about it. It perfectly cleans my skin and exfoliates and my skin is baby smooth.You definitely get used to mixing the paste together with water. That's why I only use it in the shower as it is MUCH easier to manage, and you don't have to worry about making a mess. Make sure you do it right before washing your hair because it tends to get a few grainy bits at my temples after rinsing.
I love this product so much I would marry it if I could. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2006 6:19:00 AM More reviews by princesa_irulan

I don't usually use LUSH face care because I find that most of them smell horrible and the consistency and texture is just wrong for me. But one day I was reading the ingredients of this product in a Lush Shop and loved the idea of such a primitive yet beautiful sounding cleanser, so I gave it a sniff and surprise! it was lovely! glorious fresh lavender and a faint almondy roses at the back, dlicieux! the texture is perfect, the grounded almond is very elastic per se so it never aggravate your skin producing those nasty micro-lacerations that sugar-based or grounded kernel-based scrubs can cause. The lavender and rose oils calm my skin completely and after patting dry it feels clean, relaxed, toned and even moisturised! The packaging is hideous like all Lush products, but that is the ethos of the company and I don't have a problem with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by cuntishness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love love angels on bare skin. i found this product while i was in the u.k.
coming from a humid part of the u.s., new orleans, my face just flipped out in the cold winter air. it turned strangly dry, then oily in other places and i could not get it to behave. i was beyond annoyed. while in glasgow we saw a lush store, i went in and explained my combination skin and they reccomended this. i would kiss those girls if i could. finally my face was ok. it smells a little earthy but certainly not bad. i have a supply of this and will not travel without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by braddersfromtheblock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this cleanser. I've been using it for about two years now and would never swap for anything else. I have normal skin with occasional tendency to dryness and hormonal breakouts. This product exfoliates gently and really wakes skin up and gives me a healthy glow - great for when I've been burning the candle at both ends, this can make me look like a human being again! It smells gorgeous (lavender) and feels great on your skin, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. HG for me.