LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 11/24/2006 1:46:00 AM

i love this cleanser- i use it in the morning and my skin has never looked better- i like the fact that it is 100 % natural- my skin is slightly dry and after using it for 2 weeks my skin is super smooth, hydrated and very glowy-

on 11/20/2006 5:16:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I have super sensitive and oily skin and this product is the only thing that makes my skin happy! I always had flawless skin.. I turned 30, moved to England and now have the skin of a teenager. I break out on my cheeks, and forehead, and chin, but since I have started using Angels, I have seen a dramatic difference! I use this with Breath of Fresh Air Toner, and Celestial Moisturizer, and I am loving my skin again! I highly recommend trying this product.. give a week or two to really work..but I am sure you will love it!

on 11/16/2006 9:43:00 AM

What was I thinking? I popped into my local LUSH store for the first time, and the name of this product sounded familiar to me (probably read about it here). Though I had reservations about buying an overpriced blob of goo in a cheap plastic grocery store deli container, I gave it a go. Why, oh, why?

I seriously do not get this product. I can't turn it into a "paste" with a little water as directed by the sales girl--I can turn a large blob into many tiny blobs, but haven't achieved a paste-like consistency. I don't like the extra effort involved in doing this either.

Smearing all of the little blobs all over my face is another feat in itself--and it does NOT remove makeup at all, let alone skin oilies. Now I know why they sell so much Tea Tree Water toner--you HAVE to use a toner to finish cleaning your face after using this crap. My skin was soft, but didn't feel clean at all.

Also--it is awkward to store the plastic tub it came in. It's too wide for my medicine cabinet, and just looks nasty sitting out by the sink.

I definitely do not recommend this product. Too much hassle, too few results. And way too overpriced for something that doesn't even come in a proper container (I paid $13 for the smallest amount available).

on 11/12/2006 7:18:00 PM

I'm pretty disappointed with this one. I love Ocean Salt, but wanted something slightly moisturising to use on the back of my legs where I sometimes get ingrown hair from shaving. The tester in the store smelled SOO GOOD! I decided that the fragrance alone made Angels a good buy, but when I dipped into my own tub my hopes were dashed. It was like gritty play-dough sprinkled with lavender buds- it didn't smell that great and it had a wierd gummy consistency. It seemed to take a long time to mix it with some water and blend it into a paste. I guess I shouldn't really complain about the fact that it didn't scrub as effectively as I would have liked; it is meant for use on the face, but I felt like the smoothing came from the moisturising ingredients more than any real exfoliation. It also left a film on my skin that felt gross. Would not re-purchase.

on 11/8/2006 11:55:00 AM

Still left makeup on my face after I washed. Not impressed with LUSH so far.

(This is the original review that I posted on the Vogue Australia Forums back in August 2005).

I have been using this gorgeous cleanser for about a year and a half now and it is one of my few true HGs.

The results are fairly instant - your skin feels incredibly smooth, divinely soft and beautifully cleansed after you've washed it off. In my case, the results have improved over time and I have noticed that my skin is clearer, softer and less congested around the t-zone (which has been quite notorious in the past for congestion).

I have had many lovely comments from friends and even strangers about the state of my skin.

Although my skin is not completely clear and blemish-free all of the time, it is fairly close to it most of the time!

I also find that foundation glides on a lot more easily since I began using it (although I tend to only use foundation very occasionally).

I have normal-combination skin (it tends to get a little oily and occasionally congested around the t-zone), for those who are interested. However, I am fairly sure that this would be gentle enough for all skin types.

It is also relatively inexpensive - AUD$14.50 for 100 grams, which I find lasts me a good four or more months using it both day and night.

How To Use:
After adding a few drops of water a little pea-sized blob of the cleanser and amalgamating the two to form a moist paste.

Apply the paste all over your face and massage, using a gentle circular motion.
Wash off and then start stroking your lovely, soft face. Or alternatively, you could get a loved one to do the stroking. ;-)

Ingredients:
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Perfume.

NOTE: Since then (and due to some unwanted hormonal activity), I've scaled back my usage of AOBS to mornings only and after I use my Mario Badescu Silver Powder at night. Still love it. <3

on 11/3/2006 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I found out about this a long time ago, after buying some LUSH products overseas (please God let LUSH come to the U.S.) but didn't think it would do much for my acne-prone skin; either that or it would greatly increase the severity of my acne, because I've found scrubbing to be wayyy too harsh on my face. I finally gave in and bought some of this online after reading some reviews on Amazon.com and I have never been happier. I only use it once or twice a week, and moisturize immediatly afterwards....WOW!! My face is sooooo soft I just sit there like a lunatic touching my face. Can't say it's necessarily done a lot for my acne (I'm on BCP's to control my hormones) but my skin is crazy smooth everytime I use it. It's not harsh at all but definitely exfoliates. Try this once and you'll fall in love.

on 10/29/2006 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I look forward to washing my face. This smells really good. At first i didn't like the smell, but it grew on me. The anis in it is interesting. Makes my face very soft.

on 10/18/2006 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best cleansers I've used! I love that it's gentle yet removes all of my makeup. I've been using this daily and along with acne.org's regimine, my face has been clear for months.

on 10/2/2006 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have used lush's facial care for 5-6 years with excellent results. a combo of ocean salt, enzymion, and coalface has been perfect for my oily skin. but recently my skin has decided to become much more sensitive and is not responding well to my usual product routine. so i have switched to lush's more gentle products. i use babyface prior to AOBS and the results have been wonderful. my skin is much improved and is no longer misbehaving like it was. i think perhaps my skin has just changed, which is not uncommon i guess. i can't believe that i have never used this before b/c it is an amazing cleanser. so gentle that i wouldn't even call it an exfolient or a scrub, though it does gently polish my skin. i love the texture, which is so fine and almost mealy. to use i just put a pea sized amount into my palm and add a tiny bit of water until it's looser, then work into my skin like any other cleanser. i use it both in the morning and at night. i follow up with celestial moisturizer and my skin glows. AOBS smells so fresh and natural too. like some of the other reviewers have said, i really look forward to washing my face everyday.