October 31, 2014 | 1615 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2006 2:00:00 AM More reviews by cuntishness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love love love angels on bare skin. i found this product while i was in the u.k.
coming from a humid part of the u.s., new orleans, my face just flipped out in the cold winter air. it turned strangly dry, then oily in other places and i could not get it to behave. i was beyond annoyed. while in glasgow we saw a lush store, i went in and explained my combination skin and they reccomended this. i would kiss those girls if i could. finally my face was ok. it smells a little earthy but certainly not bad. i have a supply of this and will not travel without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by braddersfromtheblock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this cleanser. I've been using it for about two years now and would never swap for anything else. I have normal skin with occasional tendency to dryness and hormonal breakouts. This product exfoliates gently and really wakes skin up and gives me a healthy glow - great for when I've been burning the candle at both ends, this can make me look like a human being again! It smells gorgeous (lavender) and feels great on your skin, and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LadyInsane

From my own experience, this is absolutely perfect for my sensitive combination skin. Afterwards, my skin doesn't oil up to compensate for dryness, and feels soft and smooth. This gives my skin radiance, but of course needs back up from toner and moisturiser to have this effect last! I love the texture, the feel, the scent and the way my skin reacts. A perfect match, one that I've waited long for! Plus, this may seem expensive, but I only need to use the tiniest amount, so its fantastic value. Liquids have a habit of just going down the drain. Most exfoliants aggravate my skin, but the paste texture makes this the only exfoliant my skin adores.(I really like Lush's choice of having simple and minimal packaging, personally, so I see no reason to bitch about little plastic containers )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a huge fan of this. I prefer Herbalism or Aqua Marina. I find it is a little too oily for my combination skin and doesn't remove every bit of makeup. I'm also using a chemical exfoliant at the moment and daily exfoliation with AOBS as well is too much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cute_fishy

This broke me out, big time. Big, painful pimples.
And it was really difficult to use. You've to make it into a paste first then apply to your face. And it didn't clean very well. And the smell is really overwhelming.
Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Katie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's great. A bit hard to use, but who cares? Doesn't dry out the skin and smells terrific. Great especially if you have dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Symph

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

HG HG HG HG!
I'm so surprised to find this in the "scrubs" category, when it really is a daily cleanser. I use it twice a day on my dry combination skin and it doesn't make my skin dry - in fact, my skin loves this stuff! This cleanser has made my skin even toned, made the large pores on my cheeks smaller, and has GREATLY reduced the blackheads/whiteheads on my nose and cheeks... in fact, everytime I use this product on my face, they are getting gradually less and less! Also, immediately after I use the product, my skin is so much visibly clearer in color and is amazingly soft. I think it's because of the Kaolin clay which I believe acts like a mini mask on your skin... a lot of reviews I've read below have complained about the texture of Angels and it's probably because they aren't mixing it up properly with water. Firstly, I use a plastic spoon and gentle use the end to scrape some of the product out. That way, you're not contaminating the fresh product with your hands, and you've also mashed it up a bit, so it's easier to mix later. Next, I put the product in my left palm, add one drop of water, and mix the product up so it makes a cookies and cream texture. After that, you can put the product on your face, and add my water to it, using it like a normal cleanser. You only have to use a pea sized amount of the cleanser each time so for $14.95/100g $AUS - this cleanser is so inexpensive, yet works so well. With all lush products, the packaging is less than stellar because the company focuses upon it's product and not what it's in. I've heard that some girls decant some of their cleanser into a glass jar because it has "gone off" on them, but I just use my plastic spoon method, and keep the cleanser out of the sun (and in the cupboard) and I have no fears of it going off at all. I really really really recommend this product to you, especially if you have dry combination skin, as it has worked wonders on mine. Definately ask for a sample, or arrange to buy 25g... this is a must try and is my *HG!*

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lllllllSakilllllll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser! I use this for 2 times in a day.
I love this jasmine smell! So nice:)

It cleans up my dirty pore and leave my dry skin wet.
My skin was really like a deseart, but not anymore!

I repeat this a lot. It's my favourite!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by kellysp

Love Love Love it! I think this is a great cleanser, especially if you have delicate/sensitive/spot prone skin. I was a bit wary that it would be too exfoliating as I can't use exfoliators without breaking out, but I now use this twice a day without any problems. I leaves me very soft and not at all dry. I tried Fresh Farmacy and found it way too drying for my skin so it's AOBS all the way!
The packaging is cheap and cheerful, but I'm sure the price would shoot up if it was in some kind of fancy pot and it would kind of defeat the object of what lush is all about.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by suchitra45

I wasn't expecting too much from this product due to some of the negative reviews here, but the SA talked me into trying it, and boy I'm glad she did! I have been having bad breakouts ever since moving to a dry climate area although I've always had dry sensitive skin. Angels scrubs off all the dead skin leaving it really smooth, and it's moisturizing at the same time so my face is soft. It's a little messy, but I don't mind at all. Smells great.