January 29, 2015 | 1078 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2006 1:45:00 PM More reviews by tlolli069

Bought a small tub of this from the LUSH store in Orlando. It's a very mild exfoliant...doesn't irritate my sensitive, eczema-prone skin. It leaves my face feeling so smooth! I am not in love with the scent, but it's tolerable, and the packaging leaves alot to be desired, but I would definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Chatsville

I'm on my 4th tub of Angels already! This product makes wonders on my skin. There was a few months gap between my 3rd and 4th (due to travelling and trying new product), and my skin was bad! Not pimple-bad, but it was red, blotchy and I know I just got to get another tub of this stuff! After a few days with AOBS, my skin returned to normal again and it's now clean and clear ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

I haven't used this long enough to know if this causes acne, but so far, I'm loving it. I've got sensitive, acne-prone skin, that is also prone to eczema. So it has always been a tough balance between maintaining the hydration level of my skin and preventing acne. I like cleansers that leave an oil film after rinsing as this type of cleansers prevent my eczema from flaring up.

AoBS is really gentle, leaves my skin soft and smooth. I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sillysassy

My first ever Lush product. Tried a sample, and just had to buy it the very next day! Smells gorgeous, and feels delicious! Love the mild exfoliation, and my skin feels great afterwards. Naturally, the packaging has room for improvement. So I split mine into a small batch, kept in my bathroom for me to get at daily, and the motherload in the fridge, to keep it as fresh as possible. Definitely one of my favourite cleansers, that doubles as a gentle daily exfoliant!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by rosnguil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love everything about this (except, of course, the horrible Lush packaging). The smell is a beautiful, earthy lavender, and I think the almond grains are very gentle (definitely compared to some of those other exfoliating scrubs out there, yuck!). It does a lovely job of cleaning, and my sensitive skin has not broken out or become irritated (finding cleansers can be a real crapshoot for me). In fact, my skin actually seems quite happy and glowing. I love to use this in the morning in the shower (this scrub's a little messy and the almond bits end up in your hair otherwise) and then Ultra Bland or Aqua Marina at night depending on what kind of day I've had. It takes a bit of trial and error to get the proper consistency, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be addicted.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Catcat362

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The package is really bad, but the product is good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lifeisgood3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not your average exfoliator. It is probably the most gentle one I've used. I have oily, acne-prone skin that uses ProActiv religiously. I wanted to try something more natural (I love LUSH!!) and got some of this from a friend. It really is nice. I used this in combination with Sweet Japanese Girl for two weeks without my ProActiv to see a difference. My skin did look really good. The oilyness had subsided and no new pimples showed up. The only thing is that I did have a huge zit show up after my two week skin glow session. I think it was just my skin purging itself. It has a weird play-doh like consistency with bits of ground up almond in it so it can get tricky and does take some practice. If you can get some in a store, play with it to get used to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Hotshreddie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser was ok-it kept my skin pretty clear, but had a tendency to dry it out a fair bit. The grains were quite harsh, and i think if you have reasonably clear althoug somewhat dry/sensitive skin to begin with (as i do)then you shouldnt go for something so exfoliating as it will strip alot of the moisture away...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a week now, and I can tell a dramatic difference. My skin was purging a bit when I first started, but now it's gone down. I try to use this at least once a day or every other day. It's not harsh on my skin at all, even though my skin type is sensitive. It hasn't cleared up my blackheads completely, but I have faith! =) I use this combined with Coal Face soap, and Eauroma Toner. I love them all!! My only complaint is that it doesn't have any sort of spatula to scoop it out (which I was able to find one on my own), and the packaging seems very flimsy! Other than that, the main importance is the products and I love the fact it's fresh and handmade. I smell a LUSH addiction coming up.....

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cant understand why some people find the grains in this too harsh because to me, they feel almost soft (soft grains, i know, sounds weird.) anyways, i have oily/combo skin (oily on t-zone, especially forhead, where i recently seem to constantly have two or three pimples) and i thought i'd try this out. Can anybody tell me, whether this lavender oil is pure essencial oil or is it mixed with a vegetable oil? it must be, because on touch it feels a little oily. Making it is a pain, but the more u do it the easier it gets. i decided that this is probably not good for my forehead, but i use it everywhere else on my face. I wouldn't really say its highly moisturising, but def doesn't strip the skin. Makes skin soft (liz earles cleanse and polish does a better job i think...) and balances (my nose isn't as oily). can anybody recommend to me a better product (lush or not) for my skintype? i took off a lippie because it may not be highly suited for my skin type, but for anyone with either normal, a litttttllee oily, or a litttlle dry, should love it.