October 21, 2014 | 2020 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by nancyfeldhaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love it!! It gets rid of my MAC blacktrack fluidliner and eyeshadow in just one step and I only paid $4.59 for two bottles. It takes a little longer for my eyelashes since I wear 2 mascaras and one is waterproof, but it does a lot better than big brandnames' eye MU removers, besides it doesn't irritate my eyes -- a plus for me is that I don't wear contacts. Will definitely buy it again but apparently I got plenty for the rest of the year. I will update if anything changes.
UPDATE 5-02-09 I am switching to Organic Jojoba Oil, it works better for me and doesn't irritate my eyes and skin. Apparently I was getting comedones (whiteheads) out of it, I don't seem to get any with Jojoba Oil.
UPDATE 10-09: I went back to Clinique's Eye/Lips MU remover a while ago, there's nothing like that to get rid of heavy eye make up. I pair it with Olay Cleansing Wipes and they together leave my skin perfectly clean. I'm sticking with them forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by brunettebarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This makeup remover is comparable to Clinique's. I wear a fair amount of eye makeup (eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner) and it removes every bit of it. My eyelids are already naturally oily, so all I buy is oil-free. This doesn't aggravate my contact lenses either, which is amazing. I pour a small amount on a cotton pad and pull it across my eye. When it gets to the area around my eye, I wipe it off completely. Everything comes off, and a small bottle lasts me for about 5 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Very gentle. Doesn't sting my eyes, and it removes waterproof mascara without a lot of hassle. I usually hold it to my eyes for 5-10 seconds before wiping and the remover would do the rest.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Jenls27

If you like Lancome's Bifacil then you will like this. It removes my mascara just as well. I hold the soaked cotton ball on my eyelashes for 5 seconds or so before wiping. The one drawback is it doesn't remove waterproof mascara at all.

Target has their own brand of this which is exactly the same and even cheaper at $4. Either one will do the trick.

I don't understand why they say oil free. Half of it is really oily but it does such a great job I don't mind. I just splash some water to remove it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by martagreen

Compared to Lancome's Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover, this works almost as well at removing makeup but is more gentle. Just soak some into a cotton ball and it wipes off eyeshadow and mascara (even waterproof) easily. Make sure you rinse afterward with water so there is no residue. It contains aloe barbadensis leaf juice, which soothes your skin, as well as cucumber fruit extract. It is also fragrance-free, which the Lancome version is not. And it is cheaper (about C$12.50 compared to C$34.00). I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cheaper alternative to Lancome Bificils at $8 (cheaper at Wal Mart). It's not a s good as the Pond's Bare & Repair (discontinued) but I was between makeup removers. It's not too oily but I don't find that it removes all traces of mascara or eyeliner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

UPDATE: I have to change my rating from 4 to 2 after developing this sensitivity to it. My eyes are now itchy and dry after using this. I didn't want to believe it at first because this is such an affordable and otherwise effective remover, but it is true. After reading another reviewer's experience with irritation and thinking through what has changed in my routine, I am convinced that it's this. It's not a burning sensation, but a palpable dry/itchiness and warm sensation... Like the other reviewer, my eyes developed this reaction after a few months of use.

Before trying this, I thought the Mary Kay makeup remover was the best one I have tried. While that one is still one of my favourites, I feel that this Neutrogena one performs just as good. In fact, they are very similar both in terms of texture as well as performance. Yes it is a bit oily (just like the Mary Kay one) but I usually follow up with a face wash, and everything comes off, with no oily film left on my eyelids or eyeballs. Considering that I can get this from my local drug store, for almost half the price that I have to pay for a May Kay one on ebay, this one is preferable.

Not really a five lippie item as I am still in search for "THE" makeup remover. I wear a gel liner and waterproof mascara most days, and so far no eye makeup remover has managed to remove it all with no residue. The Andrea EyeQ pads came pretty close, but I just couldn't stand the oily film it would leave on my eyeballs (not to think of what it did to the surrounding skin). While I'm searching for my personal HG, this is a pretty good one to tide me over.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by waffelz

This is my regular choice for eyemakeup remover. it is non drying to the eye area which is important for me. It takes off my waterproof mascara and eyemakeup easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a replacement to Lancome's Bifacil and this is IT !!! I love it ! Not oily and removes all my eye makeup in a flash. Will definitely be buying again!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Bisou25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's really oily, even if it's supposed to be oil-free, and it doesn't really remove my mascara. I tried to remove several brands of mascara with this, thinking that maybe some are too resistant to it, but it didn't remove any of them. I don't even wear waterproof makeup...