July 30, 2014 | 2098 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Kandinsky

I can't believe I haven't wrfitten a review this serum! I've been using it for the past 6 months, as I began using it as a preventative measure. I like that it has tons of antioxidants that are supposed to "neutralize" the toxins your skin is exposed to during the day, which should prevent aging and your chances of skin cancer. I have combination skin which is pretty clean barring a few clogged pores and the occasional (hormonal or stress-related) breakout. I use 2-3 drops at night, then follow with Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. This works well for breakouts, doesn't clog my pores, and keeps my skin looking fresh, as well as (hopefully) preventing lines. I can't stress enough how soft this makes my skin! (To compare, I have used Philosophy's serum and it doesn't even come close!) The packaging sucks, I wish it came in a pump b/c the glass bottle doesn't travel well and the the little rubber handle came separated from the rest of the top. However, I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life- HG!

UPDATE 6/8/2007: Still using this faithfully every night- I buy the 1.7 oz size ($77 USD) about twice a year, and is definitely worth the price. Ingredients: water, bifida ferment lysate, methyl gluceth-20, peg-75, butylene glycol, bis-peg-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, glycereth-26, cola acuminata (kola) extract, squalane, sodium RNA, sodium hyaluronate, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, bisabolol, pantethine, hydrogenated lecithin, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, anthemis nobilis (chamomile), caffeine, choleth-24, ceteth-24, xanthan gum, tea, carbomer, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, bht, trisodium edt, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, yellow 5, green 5, red 4

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2006 6:57:00 PM More reviews by megnog28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a business trip in Europe and I was expiriencing a major hormonal breakout, and I had not packed any of my usual "treatments". I decided to shop at the duty free while waiting for my connecting flight and I was considering other products that have exfoliating properties and I saw the ANR, which I remembered using my mom's as a teenager and how well it worked.I have battled with adult acne for years, have tried everything from Retin-A to La Mer, Dr. Huaschka to Pro Activ, and I cannot express enough of the effectiveness of this product. My face basically cleared up overnight and has looked great ever since. Indeed, I made the right purchase. I was so afraid that after the first night, it would not continue to be as effective, but it is and it absolutely has healing repairing qualities. Also, my skin tone is evened out, I have no dryness, it helps my moisturizers absorb better, the acne is gone, the t-zone is gone, my face feels so soft and smooth, and I like how this product smells. The ANR also absorbs well, is not at all oily and has a very hygenic dropper which is great because then you don't tend to use too much or have to stick your fingers in the treatment. This product must be used with a moustrizer, and my basic regime is all Keihl's which this compliments perfectly. My skin is extremely erratic, dry, sensitive, yet oily and clogged during my period, and I have had NO side effects or problems. Definetly an HG treatment. I wish I had stumbled upon it sooner, but now I know! Its a keeper and I will absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2006 8:56:00 AM More reviews by dairie816

I received two sample sizes of this after reading so much about it on here...I've gotten a terrible "hormonal" breakout this past week (yes, you know what that is) and I have a wedding to go to in 7 days. I started using this under my moisturizer yesterday and it has **definitely** helped with pimples and making my skin more glow-y overall! I'm so glad I tried this. A little goes a long way, too. This morning I used it and put Estee Lauder Idealist on top- that helped even more. My skin looks so much better already. I definitely like this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by shelby1123

I recklessly suntanned and did a lot of outdoor sports between the 'sun damage alert' times of 10am-4pm when I was in my late teens and 20s. Now in my early 30s, I'm trying to undo whatever damage I've done to my skin!! After using this for about 2 months, I noticed that my fine lines on my forehead seem to be disappearing. My brown spots are however still there to remind me of the reckless youth i was. I guess given the damage I've done, I shouldn't have had too high hopes of this being a miracle serum. Brown spots it didn't fade, more recent scarring caused by some blemishes did disappear quickly. I've got normal/combination skin with the occasional crazy breakout, but this serum isn't too rich or oily for me. In fact, it gets absorbed pretty well. Would buy it again unless I find something else that is a little cheaper and still does the job. I'm giving it 4 lippies and not 5 because of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

I am using all 3 repair products and am not sure what exactly this is doing for my face but my skin hasnt been clearer! Love what EL skincare is doing for my face especially since I've used everything on the market to clear up my acne and scarring from past breakouts. This makes my skin even toned, hydrated and calms eruptions of acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jehanneisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although this product is very luxurious and nice to use....the price outweighs the results. While i definately noticed fine lines diminish after a few nights of use, it didn't do much else for my skin. Iv'e used many many skin care products, cheaper ones and very expensive ones alos. Let me just say there are much better ones out there for the same price as this one, or one's that are even cheaper and deliver similar results. I have kept in mind the claim of this product is to prevent future damage as well as to repair already damaged skin, so i do recommend if you can afford to, use this one as a PREVENTATIVE skin care product. As it neutralizes free-radicals that damage skin. So good to maybe add to your daily skin care regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 9:39:00 PM More reviews by mah2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my! I have Never used such a wonderful product. I had never heard of the product and received it in a gift during bonus time. I have had a small red, dry, rough, rashy type spot on my face for over 2 months which I have used multiple products on without any results. I used this the first night I received it and to my astonishment the patch had disappeared the next morning! It was completely gone after one use. I am completely sold on the stuff. If it could do that in one night I can't wait to see what it does for my skin over a period of time. I am not usually one to spend a lot on skin care products, this is a little pricey(I'm a clinique kinda girl) but I will not think twice about purchasing this product! You have to try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this serum for about 7 years now. I purchased my first bottle the month I turned 30. I think EL has some fantastic products out there, and they are well known in the industry for being very cutting edge in their skincare research. I visited several EL counters, and asked what product they would suggest to a 30 year old woman, to start using on combination skin for anti-aging purposes. It was unanimous. In addition to separate SPF, every single makeup artist recommended Advanced Night Repair. They all said different things about what it would do. Everything from even out skintone, to healing cuts, helping acne scars fade, and so many other benefits. In addition, it seems to be the one product they all use themselves. So I purchased it. I have been using it religiously, almost every night for 7 1/2 years. Other than a temporary battle with adult hormonal acne, I am very pleased with my skin. When I was 30, I looked about 27. Now, my skin looks like that of a 30 year old, even though I am actually 38. My skin tone has remained pretty even. It is always soft and plump. I have no facial wrinkles, and only the tiniest little lines by the corner of my eye. I am not 100% sure of exactly what this serum is doing for me, but I know that without it, my skin would not have the natural, healthy look that it currently has. When I compare my skin to my girlfriends of the same age, I notice a big difference. My skin is clearer, more radiant, has fewer discolorations, no ruddiness and no under eye lines and crow's feet. It looks tighter, yet has that natural softness to it. I know I have good genes, and I wear SPF almost daily, but my Estee Lauder serum definitely helps.

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Hannah1073

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this product for 8 years now...I am 32 and I can really say it is exceptional! I have never been much of a sun worshipper which will have helped and I have nevr smoked, but I do not have a single line or wrinkle! wonderful wonderful healing repairing preventative serum. Worth every penny! (and used properly...day and night - 3 drops each application) One bottle lasts months and months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

I love the way this makes my skin feel after washing. I awake to a nice, smooth complexion in the AM and some of my fine lines have eased a bit since using this. This is one of EL's staple products and it is a real Godsend for waking up your skin very quickly. Another great classic from EL!