Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 1/5/2006 1:12:00 AM

I cannot function without my Dove Bar. I was reminded of this when I went on vacation this month without it, and was forced to use the hotel soap. Oh the horror! It certainly made me realize how much I rely on Dove. I use it on my face as a gentle cleanser once a day, and a harsher cleansing product the other time. Since you can't mix benzol peroxide (can't spell - sorry) with sacyillic acid Dove is great when I want to use sacyillic acid products. I also use it to remove make-up from my eyes when I wash my face. Also important is that I use it to wash my body, it is gentle enough to not irritate anything. I pretty much can't live without this soap, it doesn't strip my skin or make it feel dry, and it cleans nicely. I am very acne prone and oily, and it works with my skin because you really can over-do it with harsh cleansers. Hurrah for Dove!

This beauty bar made my skin look more even and with all seasons, it's HIGHLY compatible with my sensitive combination skin. I used to use loose foundation, but now I don't use that anymore because I feel like I don't have anything to hide. Before, my skin felt uneven and rough, not balanced. For such a great price (2 bars for $1.99), I'd definitely repurchase over and over again! :)

Note: This is a wonderful bar to use in the shower/bath as well! I have it in White :)

on 12/9/2005 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used this Dove White bar soap and the one with Vitamin E..i liked both of them. I've used Olay soap for a while and i found that it gave me pimples on my back. I'm acne-prone and the dove soaps didn't give me those pesky zits. It didn't stop them completely but i only get one or two now. The smell is also good even though it can be a bit strong. It didn't leave my skin dry either.

on 12/8/2005 10:34:00 PM

Comments are listed under Dove Beauty Bar and other one under Soaps

on 12/8/2005 10:28:00 PM

I love this product. I have been using this soap for years. This makes your skin feel great. The white is the best.

on 11/29/2005 8:16:00 PM

I have been using this product for years. The original bar is the greatest. I like the way it makes your skin feel clean! I think that it gets off all of my makeup. I use foundation/powder. Derm do recommend this product.

on 11/27/2005 9:20:00 AM

First of all, after reading some reviews ranting and raving about Sodium Isethionate being a detergent and ingredient, I have to put my 2 cents in. Sodium Isethionate is a MILD chemical compound for MILD soaps, baby soaps, toothpastes and is non-drying and MILD on the skin. "Detergents" are in practically every product we use, as well as fillers and other chemicals, so unless you are going to shell out $50 for a bar of organic soap or make your own, I think you should review the PRODUCT and not single out an ingredient that could deter others from using this when SO MANY dermatologists (yes, people who have degrees in physiology of the skin) recommend this as virtually the most gentle and effective cleanser available.

ALSO...and this is what I found most comical. Someone mentioned the fact that Dove contains "beef's fat" and then continued to say that they now use milk based soap. UMMMMMMMMMMM...what's the difference? The reason milk based soap IS so moisturizing is due to its fat content. The higher the fat, the more moisturizing it will be on your skin. Milk comes from cows...which are beef, for the record.

Anyways, this soap is great. It's very mild and gentle. It has a great scent to it, and I have just started using it on my face, though I have been using it on my body for years. I think that people who are getting dry from this just have extra sensitive skin, as this is very moisturizing. It has cleared my face, which had very mild tiny bumps, in a matter of two days. Will update if change occurs.

on 11/16/2005 4:30:00 PM

This has become my HG soap in the past one year. Before that, I used to have an array of bar soaps and body washes but I was never completely satisfied with any of them. Then one day, I saw the number of rave reviews this one had got on MUA and I remembered using it a long time back and liking it. Since then I have been hooked and now I cant use anoy other soap or body wash. I think it is the smell that has me addicted. It also does not dry out my skin.

I always have Dove around. It's creamy and soft on my body skin, and gentle enough even for my sensitive face. I love it in all its iterations - pink, white, nutrium, exfoliating.... My two least favorite are the cucumber and sensitive skin, but that's only for scent. It's still the same excellent formula. I actually think the nutrium bar might be the best, at least on my face. I believe it has extra Vitamin E. At about a dollar per thick bar, you cant' beat the price. It travels well in a portable soap dish or plastic baggie (no leaks like body wash), and when I go places I don't need separate body and face wash bottles taking up room in my suitcase. There honestly is nothing I dislike about this soap/beauty bar. Although I may stray looking for more exotic products, I always come back to this one.

on 11/5/2005 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG cleanser! Why did I waste so many years trying special face products that only irritated my acne? This classic bar (the regular White, not sensitive or unscented)took care of it all in a month. Mind you, I had gross skin: combo, flaky, clogged, patchy breakouts. After a month of using this stuff (I was a bit scared since it has some "soap" ingredients in it), plus the occasional Queen Helene clay or peel mask, my skin looks normal. I can get away with no moisturizer if I'm in a hurry or the weather isn't too cold and windy. My face just feels soft and clean, but not tight. And no product-related breakouts either! Just the occasional ones from hormones and bad food.

I promised myself to stick with this and not try any other fancy face cleansers now that I have clear skin. *happy*

Popular Gels/Soaps