Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 11/27/2005 9:20:00 AM

First of all, after reading some reviews ranting and raving about Sodium Isethionate being a detergent and ingredient, I have to put my 2 cents in. Sodium Isethionate is a MILD chemical compound for MILD soaps, baby soaps, toothpastes and is non-drying and MILD on the skin. "Detergents" are in practically every product we use, as well as fillers and other chemicals, so unless you are going to shell out $50 for a bar of organic soap or make your own, I think you should review the PRODUCT and not single out an ingredient that could deter others from using this when SO MANY dermatologists (yes, people who have degrees in physiology of the skin) recommend this as virtually the most gentle and effective cleanser available.

ALSO...and this is what I found most comical. Someone mentioned the fact that Dove contains "beef's fat" and then continued to say that they now use milk based soap. UMMMMMMMMMMM...what's the difference? The reason milk based soap IS so moisturizing is due to its fat content. The higher the fat, the more moisturizing it will be on your skin. Milk comes from cows...which are beef, for the record.

Anyways, this soap is great. It's very mild and gentle. It has a great scent to it, and I have just started using it on my face, though I have been using it on my body for years. I think that people who are getting dry from this just have extra sensitive skin, as this is very moisturizing. It has cleared my face, which had very mild tiny bumps, in a matter of two days. Will update if change occurs.

on 11/16/2005 4:30:00 PM

This has become my HG soap in the past one year. Before that, I used to have an array of bar soaps and body washes but I was never completely satisfied with any of them. Then one day, I saw the number of rave reviews this one had got on MUA and I remembered using it a long time back and liking it. Since then I have been hooked and now I cant use anoy other soap or body wash. I think it is the smell that has me addicted. It also does not dry out my skin.

I always have Dove around. It's creamy and soft on my body skin, and gentle enough even for my sensitive face. I love it in all its iterations - pink, white, nutrium, exfoliating.... My two least favorite are the cucumber and sensitive skin, but that's only for scent. It's still the same excellent formula. I actually think the nutrium bar might be the best, at least on my face. I believe it has extra Vitamin E. At about a dollar per thick bar, you cant' beat the price. It travels well in a portable soap dish or plastic baggie (no leaks like body wash), and when I go places I don't need separate body and face wash bottles taking up room in my suitcase. There honestly is nothing I dislike about this soap/beauty bar. Although I may stray looking for more exotic products, I always come back to this one.

on 11/5/2005 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG cleanser! Why did I waste so many years trying special face products that only irritated my acne? This classic bar (the regular White, not sensitive or unscented)took care of it all in a month. Mind you, I had gross skin: combo, flaky, clogged, patchy breakouts. After a month of using this stuff (I was a bit scared since it has some "soap" ingredients in it), plus the occasional Queen Helene clay or peel mask, my skin looks normal. I can get away with no moisturizer if I'm in a hurry or the weather isn't too cold and windy. My face just feels soft and clean, but not tight. And no product-related breakouts either! Just the occasional ones from hormones and bad food.

I promised myself to stick with this and not try any other fancy face cleansers now that I have clear skin. *happy*

on 11/3/2005 2:45:00 PM

No other shower product leaves my skin this moisturised yet clean feeling.My sister hates me for this because she works for the rivals in Europe, Nivea. Hee hee.But a classic is a classic!
X
Marie

on 10/31/2005 5:34:00 PM

Have been using this for years and years and years. It really does moisturise your skin, because I don't feel dry at all after a shower. I tend to use it to wash my face before I got to bed and again it i not too drying. My BF uses the fragrance free Dove soap for sensitive skin and swears by it - he will not use anything else!

on 10/20/2005 6:56:00 AM

I used to use this soap on my body and recently returned to it after years of using shower gel. This soap is soap and I found it very drying even on my hands. I suppose that it is better than many other soaps. How they can market it as a facial soap...I have no idea.

on 10/18/2005 11:31:00 AM

I can't believe I never did a review for Dove Beauty Bar! I've been using this soap for as long as I can remember. As a child I had, and continue to have, incredibly dry skin in the winter so my dermatologist recommended this soap. Ever since then I've been a huge fan of Dove soap. It's definitely my HG soap. I've been seduced by other brands and other "fancier" soaps but I've found that none of them can hold a candle to Dove's Beauty Bar. I should note that I only use this on my body, not on my face, although I've never tried it on my face so I can't say if it works well for facial skin. This soap is wonderful, relatively moisturizing (I say relatively because I still have to use lotion afterwards, but I have really dry skin), great for sensitive skin, and smells nice and fresh too.

on 10/8/2005 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great soap, especially in the wintertime. I've begun using this on my face every other evening rather than neutrogena acne wash, and I have no complaints. I love the way this makes my skin feel and smell, and it's great to shave with. This does no eliminate my need for body moisturizer, but does make my skin feel comfortable.

on 10/8/2005 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG soap. A couple of years ago I visited a dermatologist and he highly recommended that I start using regular Dove soap on my face. Since then I've never used anything else. It's wonderfully creamy and gentle, lathers well and smells fresh. Leaves my face feeling silky soft and moisturized.