Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 10/8/2005 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My HG soap. A couple of years ago I visited a dermatologist and he highly recommended that I start using regular Dove soap on my face. Since then I've never used anything else. It's wonderfully creamy and gentle, lathers well and smells fresh. Leaves my face feeling silky soft and moisturized.

on 10/7/2005 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Classic beauty bar. Doesn't dry out the skin, makes a GREAT shaving creme when lathered, and the classic scent can't be beat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am really liking this bar soap. The original Dove was too moisturizing for my oily acne prone skin especially for around my upper back area. I checked on dove's website and specifically searched for a body wash/bar for oily skin and the white soap is what they recommended. I have been using body washes and/or cetaphil sensitive skin bar for the face but Dove white is much cheaper and I love the clean scent. The bars last a long time, and they removes all oil & dirt really well without causing me to break out or get any red rashes/itchy patches etc. It lathers really easily & makes my skin feel soooo soft and smooth. I especially like to shave with this. This works better for shaving for me then aveeno sensitive skin shave gel and that stuff rocks but this is 10 times better. Very mild so I can use it on my toddler cousins when they come over and you can use this below the belt without it burning or being too harsh. A lovely little soap & I like it much better then the original or the pink nutrium bar.

on 10/1/2005 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been using this bar of soap for my face and body for the past 6+ years. I've never had problem skin but this continues to leave my face and body soft and moisturized. I have never used a bar of soap on my face but this came dermatologist recommended. Paired with my trusty St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer, my face has honestly only broken out a handful of times in the past few years. (When I mean broken out, I mean one pimple.) I will never use another combination - I always get compliments on my skin!

on 9/27/2005 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

My favorite bar soap of all time!! I used to use this then switched to Caress for the great scents they have. I ultimately switched back because Caress didn't seem to get my skin as soft as the Dove bar does. I have perfumed shower gels that I use occasionally when I'm layering my fragrances but for day to day it's Dove for me. It's the only soap that smells clean to me.

on 9/1/2005 11:40:00 PM

I adore this soap!! I have used other soaps and shower gels that I have received as gifts from "Body Shops" and finally told my husband "no more body shop gels or soaps" they are expensive and are not superior to this bar soap. I have small girls and they use "mommy's" soap because "daddy's" deodorant soap makes them itchy (most mommy's with girls know about this) so it is great for those sensitive areas...and leaves skin soft and smooth feeling!!!

on 8/27/2005 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've been using this all my life! it smells really good, lathers up nice, and moisturizes well. i once tried some of those pH testing papers on it (because i heard that this soap balances pH in skin) and it prooved that this soap isnt as alkaline as Ivory or Zest.

on 8/27/2005 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff, I've been using this since I was a small child. It is the only commercial, mass-market soap that does not dry out and irritate my skin. And I adore that comforting, soft smell. A wonderful product for the price.

on 8/26/2005 10:28:00 AM

I've been using this soap my entire life, and though I've occasionally tried switching when given gifts from the Body Shop or wherever, I've never found anything better, and always go back to this one. I've always had very soft skin, so I can't say if its because of this soap or if this soap just works well for me. I used to use this on my face in some of my teen years, but now that i'm in my 20s and don't have the same adolescent problems, I just use it as a body soap. However, in a pinch, when I don't have my (MB) face soap around, I use this- lather in my hands and add water, then splash the soapy water on my face- and its fine. I wouldn't use any more thickly on my skin though. By far the most gentle soap I've found.

on 8/23/2005 2:20:00 AM

Although this bar is fairly good for your body, I wouldn't use it on my face, for it is too drying. I simply cannot see where all that moisturizing cream it claims to contain is. Yet the smell is absolutely the best one around