Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

3.2

aqua/water, ethylhexyl palmitate, glycerin, octyldecanol, silica, pentylene glycol, octyldodecyl xyloside, phenoxyethanol, sodium acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethone taurate copolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, isohexadecane, hydroxyethyl, acrylate/ sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate, copolymer, peg - 30, diplohydroxystearate, sodium dehydroacetate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, citirc acid, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, methylisothiazolinone, chamonolla retcuitta extract/matricaria flower extract, aloe barbadensis extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, may contain c177891/titanium dioxide, c177491, c177492, c177499/iron oxides

on 2/21/2013 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

The product is okay. I find it offers the most coverage with blending in with fingers. I have oily skin, so it faded off of my face within four or five hours. It faded evenly, which is good. I wouldn't recommend for oily skin, but it might be just fabulous for dry skin!

on 2/21/2013 3:51:00 PM

This stuff isn't really a BB cream. It's really a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I have to subtract a lippie for the false advertising.

So as a tinted moisturizer (TM) with SPF, this product works pretty well. The SPF is true broad spectrum 30, which is rare to find in a TM. The SPF derives from titanium dioxide, so it's a nice mineral-based physical block. There is no chalkiness, whiteish cast, or difficulty spreading.

The coverage is ok for me. It evens out the small areas of broken capillaries on my cheeks and it disguises small blemishes. It does not provide adequate coverage for the stupid, evil red area on my chin, but then again most things don't. You'll still need a bit of concealer for the more stubborn spots & larger blemishes. And as this isn't really a BB cream, I still use primer underneath. Great combo though. This plays well with the primer (no balling!) and the two products together make my pores almost disappear!

Overall though this is a great product but Maybelline really dropped the ball. It fills a badly needed drugstore niche - tinted moisturizer that provides adequate *broad spectrum* coverage. All of the other ones are too low with their SPF (15 is not good enough, ladies!), with the exception of Aveeno's, and that one is too...well, go read the reviews of that one. But they had to go and call it a BB cream, which it ain't, and disappoint the hell out of potential fans. Oh well. For $8 you can't beat what this product does offer.

on 2/21/2013 2:18:00 PM

This is a really nice product (although its the very first BB cream Ive ever tried so Im far from being an expert). It has a SPF of 30 which is good enough for summer, matches my skin tone really nicely, looks very natural, easy to apply, blends in well, paraben-free...
On the negative side: its a bit runny and after about an hour my skin gets a bit shiny.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really loved it. It was smooth enough that it went on fine and gave enough coverage that it hid what needed to be hidden.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I was actually really disappointed with this.
has an orange tinge
doesn't stay
isn't easy to apply/ spread dries fast
white cast
sheer coverage

Sheer coverage isn't exactly a bad thing, but the orange tinge it gave my skin did, it also doesn't apply very nice. This may be nice to put on under foundation for people with dry skin but on it's own I thought it made my skin look unhealthy. Far prefer Skin 79 bb cream

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This BB cream is a life saver to me.. On mornings that I'm in a rush and don't feel like going through my foundation routine (and on days that my skin has minimal blemishes) I apply this BB cream. After I apply it, I just add a bit of concealer on areas that need extra coverage, and then my face is set!
This product has very light coverage, so it's natural looking, & makes my skin super smooth and very soft. It's great for everyday use, and it's so easy to apply; almost foolproof. I find it very lightweight and moisturizing, so sometimes I skip my moisturizer all together.

Great value for its price, and I love how easily accessible it is to buy- I buy mine at Shopper's Drug Mart!

This is an OK product!

CONS:
1)Packaging...yes it's in a squeezy tube..but FYI:IF YOU THINK YOU RAN OUT OF PRODUCT,CUT OPEN THE TUBE! YOU STILL HAVE SO MUCH PRODUCT LEFT! D:
2)I got the shade medium...but I believe the spf 30 made my face look like I got light!
3)SMELL! It smells like old sunscreen!
4)A bit thick! Not a fan of the consistency!

Pros:
1)Light coverage! Perfect for teens like myself! :)

Will not be buying again...but will be my backup bb cream!

on 2/20/2013 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was my first BB cream and I liked the light coverage and the way it felt on my skin, but the color was too orange and enhanced my redness. I ended up purchasing Smashbox's BB Cream, which performed as well as the Dream Fresh, but the color was light years better than the Dream Fresh. However, the price is just too high for what it is, and I probably won't repurchase that one either. If only Maybelline would expand their color range, or at least make the colors less orangey, I would repurchase. I ended up trashing this, which I hated to do, but I couldn't go on wearing it. The search continues...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Feels nice on the skin, not to sticky or greasy. Blendable, but not the product you want if you're looking for coverage.

on 2/20/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this product about a month ago to use as an every-day product to even out my skin tone rather than applying heavy foundation everyday. I'm a university student living on campus, so most of the time I just get up, do a quick makeup job, and go to class. First of all, this product failed to even any redness or discolouration in my skin. Second, this product isn't a real BB Cream, as most BB Creams provide anti-aging benefits and other benefits for your skin, this product only has SPF in it, and nothing else. Lastly, it is very sheer, which was expected, but when I say sheer, I mean that it's even thinner than a light-weight moisturizer, and it feels quite greasy. I usually tend to buy more expensive products (not drugstore) as the price really does match the quality of the product. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone in the future.