July 24, 2014 | 1479 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these. I have 19 of them. I started with only one, Berry Smoothie. The color looks great on me, but what made me freak out about these is the texture and moisture these have. I love lipstick and gloss and liner and all teh colors, but for every day makeup that has to be "work appropriate", I can't just slap on the majority of my lipsticks and go. Most require some work- liner, lip brush, gloss, clear liner to prevent bleeding,etc. At the very least, I have to use a clear waxy product on the outside of my lip line with lipsticks and glosses because the vast majority bleed on me. MAC's cremesheen formula doesn't, but it is so drying. These lip butters cling perfectly to my lips, do not get all over my face and don't dry my lips at all. I need nothing other than the product itself to have a polished lip look that is comfortable to wear. Not even balm. These are perfect lazy, pretty girl everyday lip products. Other than Aquaphor before bed and EOS during my AM skincare routine, nothing else has been on my lips for a month and a half. I love the pretty candy colored packaging. I have no probs opening it, I usually open with one hand by putting the top in my palm and pulling the bottom off with my thumb and index finger. The colors have been well described here, but the only ones I can't apply without a mirror are Raspberry Pie and Red Velvet. Those are very pigmented and I need some more time with them. Still, they stay where I put them, look beautiful, and leave a stain to the lips once the product has worn down. With the exception of Cherry Tart, which I don't have yet, I can easily wear all the colors. Most are sheer and buildable. I tend to favor, hmmmmmmm, all of them. I've purchased most of these for about $5 a piece with sales/coupons. I've paid soooo much more for lipsticks in ornate packaging with mango scents and buttery formulas that get all over my face unless I use 2 forms of liner, therefore I rarely use them because I just don't want to maintain that all day. These lip butters, lipsticks- whatever- are affordable, cute, and perfectly filled that gap in my lip color collection between the easy to wear and the highly pigmented lip product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I adore these lip butters. I don't even care for lipstick or lipgloss but I think these are fantastic. They are moisturizing, smooth and pigmented. The packaging is lovely. The only thing is that I cannot find these locally ANYWHERE. I have Gumdrop, Strawberry Shortcake and Cotton Candy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by gdrake

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the color Fig Jam and loved it. It looks dark in the tube but even as Adair skinned person, it's not overly dark. It's not long lasting but very moisturizing. I'll be trying other colors at this price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by CandaceStanley

These lip butters are amazing! I bought Gumdrop and Sugar Frosting from CVS. I am going back to get Cotton Candy and Cupcake. These lip butters are so moisturizing for your lips during the winter time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this formula! I've been really into Revlon lately and this latest product has surprised and pleased me again. I love the way this feels on my lips! Very soft and slightly glossy. I tried the Sweet Tart and bought another one after just 2 days! This color is my perfect pink. I'd say its bright bubblegum pink. The color stays on longer than you think a sheer moisturing lip product would. Most lipsticks that are too soft tend to not stay on or feather, but this is better than the more expensive ones I've tried. Love the packaging, too. The tinted covers are very close to the shade in the tube. I bought Maybelline's BabyLips at the same time and this actually moisturizes and smooths my lips BETTER !

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by songsparrow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think these work well on aging lips as long as you exfoliate and use Aquaphor or some other balm at night, and apply carefully to avoid running into the nasal labial folds. Berry Smoothie is my favorite everyday color but I also find Sweet Tart, Pink Truffle and Peach Parfait to be very wearable without looking hoochie or too bright. I love Lollipop but it's just a bit much. I tried Cotton Candy but it's too light, although it looks nice under Sweet Tart. I expect these to need re-application often but they do leave a nice residual tint and the price isn't horrendous.
EDIT-Jan 22 2012
After trying to work with these for a month I'm giving up. I've never had such chapped lips and have to use Aquaphor now. I'm glad I gave away the extras I bought. Concept good, execution unsatisfactory.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lmro

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought these in a lot of colors... sorry I did, except that they will make great Christmas gifts!!! They are not for aging lips!! I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Ski4Life

I'd heard a lot about these lip butters and when I saw them recently in my local cvs, I just had to buy one. I bought sweet tart, and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It looks amazing with my skin tone and makes my lips look gorgeous, plump and healthy. My only complaints are that it doesn't moisturize as much as I was hoping (but it does moisturize more than a lipstick while still giving great pigmentation) and that it really doesn't come with that much product, and being a teenager with minimal money to spend, found it kind of pricy. When i bought the maybelline baby lips I was so surprised with how much product you got for the price, this, not so much. I also really like the packaging, it reminds me a lot of more high end products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by kaykre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these and now have all 20!! I'll provide descriptions of each below. They wear quite well for a sheer lipstick (about 4 hours on me) and aren't drying at all. Some are as pigmented as a lipstick and some are more sheer. I'll note that below also. They were roughly $7.49 a piece which is not bad for the quality (and Revlon is on sale often).

*COLOR DESCRIPTIONS*
REDS
-Red Velvet- pigmented deep, almost burgundy red
-Candy Apple- pigmented warm red; very wearable
-Cherry Tart- pigmented bright, cool toned pinky-red

PLUMS/BERRIES/PURPLES
-Fig Jam- pigmented brownish berry
-Sugar Plum- pigmented mauve-y plum pink
-Raspberry Pie- the most pigmented of all the butters; bright magenta
-Berry Smoothie- pigmented wearable MLBB pink-berry; has some shimmer
-Gumdrop- sheer cool lavender; has some shimmer

PINKS
-Lollipop- pigmented bright, cool purple-y pink
-Pink Truffle- pigmented MLBB pink-y brown
-Sweet Tart- pigmented bright salmon pink
-Cotton Candy- sheer light, cool pink
-Strawberry Shortcake- sheer and slightly brighter and warmer than Cotton Candy; has some shimmer
-Cupcake- sheer cool baby pink
-Sugar Frosting- sheer pale icy pink/nude; has some shimmer

PEACHES/CORALS
-Tutti Fruitti- pigmented neon orange/coral
-Peach Parfait- pigmented wearable golden peach; has some shimmer
-Creamsicle- sheer pale peach/nude

NUDES
-Creme Brulee- sheer brown nude; has some shimmer
-Brown Sugar- sheer brown nude, slightly darker than Creme Brulee; has some shimmer

111 out of 115 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the colour Strawberry Shortcake, witch is a wearable everyday pink. I am in love with these lip butters and I want to get more. They are basically like a really moisturierizing lipstick. These lip butters are super pigmented witch is unexpected for a lip butter. I like the fact that these come in a tube rather than a pot because they are easier to apply. These do moistureize your lips but not a ton. This does not sink into the craks on my lips and it looks so glossy on. But one of these did break on me and I was not pressing hard so that sucks. They sell these in 20 different colours so it should be easy to find colour you like. These do not have a distinct scent but it would be nice if they smelled good. Overall I do like these lip butters and I would reccomend them. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!