October 31, 2014 | 1035 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Since I live in Canada these weren't available until this week in Toronto. I was only able to purchase one because when I saw them there were only the dark brownish colors and since I'm pale I knew those would look bad so I got Sugar Frosting. When I first put it on I thought it was very sheer but it seems like the color suddenly showed up a bit better after 2 mins of wearing it. I find that it has a sugary type of smell which is nice. The lip butter effect is definitely there! When you put it on your lips there is no tugging (unlike most drugstore lipsticks imo) and your lips feel very moisturized! You will need to reapply a few times in a day because after you eat and drink it seems like the color fades, but the moisture does stay. I will try to find more colors because I definitely want to try different colors!

EDIT: I just went shopping today and they now have this available at Rexall Pharmacies and they have a ton of them so if you can't find any try there!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by widdy

I was so excited to try Revlon Lip Butters. Lip products are my favorite and I'm always searching for something to give me a quick, polished look. I was very disappointed. The packaging is fine. I didn't expect much from a drugstore lip product, but I did not like the feel and the fact that they are not very shiny. Seems like they settled into my lips and made them look dry. I purchased them at Walgreen's when they had BOGO 50%, but I will be returning the one I used and the unopened one. I'll stick with my MAC Lustre lipsticks and Origins lipglosses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon's lip products are usually great quality comparable to much higher-end brands, the Lip Butters included. Finally got these in Canada in the last week. They are a nice hybrid of lipstick and gloss, with a good range of very sheer (Creme Brulee) to almost opaque (Raspberry Pie). My personal favourites are Red Velvet (a neutral darker red) and Pink Truffle (pinky-beige MLBB). Comfortable and reasonably long-wearing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Surprisingly I do like this product. I bought Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait and Sugar Frosting @ CVS for around $8 and PP is my favorite. PP looks very dark peach in the tube but it's actually pretty nudey wearable peach with golden shimmer. I stayed on my lips for a longtime, even after a meal(preferably w/lip liner). It doesn't really moisturize my lips but I like that it's long lasting and not sticky like some lip butters and glosses. I probably won't purchase anymore since other colors don't interest me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by sd03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Revlon products, and wanted to see what all the hype was about so I went and bought 2 of them on a whim. I bought Creme Brulle, which was absolutly useless, had 0 color pay of, and added only a slight sheen. I also bought cotton candy, which looked promising in the tube, but once again color pay of sucked, had very little pink sheen on the lip. Texture wise, they're between a chalpstick and balm, they're creamy but I don't think theyre that moisturizing. I think the darker colors would prolly make me happier, but I don't think theyre worth the price. If they were cheaper I'd try some other colors, but for now I'm returning the 2 I got, and staying away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have five of the lip butters. To me, they are just really moisturizing lipsticks. They are not tinted balms at all. Just a lipstick with more moisture that isn't long lasting. That said, they are comfortable on the lips with no discernable taste or smell. As they aren't as pigmented as the Colorburst lipsticks, most shades appear to be very wearable by many skintones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by karenly1288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a long and tedious search, I was able to find this product. Unfortunately, there were only 3 sticks left. I sadly came home with 1 color, which was Lollipop. It wasn't a color that I was ecstatic about but when I put it on, I was impressed. The color was decent (like a fuchsia) but what impressed me was the product. It felt like a lip balm on your lips but looked like a lipstick. The staying power was great too but of course there will have to be some reapplying through out the day. I will definitely be buying this product again.. that is if I can find other colors in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Nirat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

These live up to the hype and more! I am a lip product junkie - of discerning taste I like to think. The colors are gorgeous, the payoff is great, and it feels wonderful on my lips. I don't feel like I'm wearing a lipstick when I'm wearing one of these. If feels like a regular lip balm; not deep intense moisture, but definitely hydrating. I have the colors Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait, Red Velvet, and Tutti Frutti. All of them are consistent in pigment and feel. I'm going to try to restrain myself, but I would absolutely buy more!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in LOVE with the lipstick! I own five of these: Berry Smoothie, Candy Apple, Peach Parfait, Cotton Candy, and Cupcake. My favorite has got to be Berry Smoothie, I like how it deepens my lips slightly and looks great for this season! Candy Apple I love for a work appropriate or daytime red lip. Cotton Candy I love with a dramatic eye, it's not too baby pink for me, it has some slight golden sheen to it. Peach Parfait is a good go-to color when I don't know what else to use because it goes with everything, and I don't really care for my Cupcake color, it's a blue based pink (think viva glam gaga 1) that washes me out terribly. I want to try a few more, but they are still sort of hard to find in my area. Can't wait until they are available everywhere!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mix a lipstick with vaseline and you'll have the look and feel of this product. No kidding! I just don't understand why this product is being so hyped here and elsewhere when there are SO many better products out there, for less money.