Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

on 2/20/2011 11:15:00 AM

My lashes are long, but thin, so I use several swipes/coats of mascara to build up volume. One by One clumps too much for me to do this. It's not the worst, but I find the formula to be too wet. I also prefer a bigger wand/bristles.

It's staying power is okay, and it is easy to remove. I use a bar of olive oil soap at night to remove my MU, nothing else needed.

I don't like the floral scent AT ALL. It's.. chemical-ly and too strong, but at least the smell is not long lasting.

At a similar price point, I prefer Lash Blast. My favorite is Benefit's Bad Gal lash though.

on 2/19/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I bought this mascara with high hopes seeing as the last one Maybelline launched (The Falsies) is now my HG. Boy was I disappointed. It's not that this product is horrible or anything, because it's not. It just doesn't impress me that much. First of all, the wand/brush is extremely flimsy, which I hate. The formula is really wet but not as amplifying as I'd hoped. Oh well, back to The Falsies I go. I'll be swapping this.

I really like this product. I have a hard time finding a good mascara because my eye lashes are very short. I've tried the generic Sephora mascara, but I find even that was very clumpy.

This stuff doesn't clump and it glides on. I really like it :)

on 2/18/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I dont like this mascara at all. It doesnt work with my lashes and it has alot to do with the wand. Even the cheapy mascaras by elf or nyc work better than this. Im glad this product was free for me (bogo with the fit me foundation-which i love), or I would have returned it the same day.

on 2/18/2011 8:34:00 AM

I wanted to try this after seeing it on a few blogs. It works very well for me and is not bulky or clumpy on my lashes. I find it glides on easily and separates without my having to wiggle the brush very much at all. The tube does a very good job coating the brush with just enough product. I put one for price as I honestly did not pay attention. I tossed it my basket with other items and have no idea how much I paid. I would buy again though!

on 2/17/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay so when I first tried it was like newp, I'm taking this back what a disappointment. But now that I've used it a few more times I'm liking it better. It does what it says "separates lashes" and I get no clumps whatsoever.

However there's no volume to be had here, I mean not really for something in the Volume Express line. Length is okay. Nothing spectacular. I didn't have flaking issues either....but then again I never do so maybe I don't know what people mean when they say that. This retails for $6.50 at my local Target.

on 2/15/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using Cover Girl Last Blast Fusion for some time now and have been very happy with it. However, for me, mascaras are one of those beauty items where I am always looking for the latest that may end up being the greatest. Unfortunately, Maybelline's One by One Volum' Express did not fit that bill for me. Although I like the brush in this mascara (I think it's flexibility assists me in applying the mascara beginning at the very base of my lashes all the way through to the tip), I did not care for the formulation at all. I found it to be way too wet and very easily prone to smearing and clumping. I also did not care for the smell, which reminds me of cheap patent leather (think Lash Stiletto). I will not be buying again.

on 2/14/2011 11:22:00 AM

I was excited about this mascara because my eyelashes are on the sparser side, and I hoped that this would do what it says it will and coat them individually to make them look fuller. It didn't really do that. Overall, however, it's a decent mascara, especially for the price. It makes them look a bit fuller and longer, but nothing dramatic. I think I still prefer the falsies one.

on 2/13/2011 9:44:00 PM

I had really high hopes about this product, considering maybelline mascaras are high quality as well as all of the positive reviews on this product.

I was dissapointed. The formula is thin, the rubbery brush doesnt build up any kind of noticable lash whatsoever, and I feel like the product has already become dry.

Doesn't have anything on The Collosal. Will not buy again.

on 2/13/2011 7:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I really really REALLY like this mascara. My lashes are quite short and have no thickness at all - this mascara gives me amazing length with 1 or 2 coats, no clumps, no smudging, plenty of seperation and definition. I have the shade blackest black which is a very pigmented deep black and makes my green eyes pop like crazy. Volume-wise it's decent, not amazing but good. Best mascara I've tried so far.

Popular Mascaras