September 22, 2014 | 990 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by EmilyyGrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand people who are saying this foundation has moved around. Maybe it is because my skin is naturally dry so this being a "glowy" foundation has done just that and given my skin a completely amazing glow. (Which is awesome because I have completely dull skin) and it seems to wear BETTER on me after several hours. (as i sit here it has been on for 6 hours and counting, and if possible my face looks more flawless than it did this morning. If you have oily skin obviously this will slide around, it is NOT a matte finish and it is water based. All in all, fantastic, especially for dry skin. Gives the best glow, great color match, dust some MUFE HD powder over it and you'll be set.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by unchainedheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive and oftentimes dry skin, so I have a hard time finding foundation to work for me. I also am very fair with freckles, so that makes it even more difficult. I had been using Smashbox Halo mineral powder for the past year+ and it did the job but would start flaking by the end of the day, particularly if my skin was very dry that day, so a water based liquid foundation sounded great to me. I went to the Chanel counter and had a great MUA, she tried both 10 and 20 on each side of my skin and we mutually decided 10 worked best for my skin tone. I have red tints but this foundation covers very well without needing much. I use a foundation brush, as recommended, and am able to apply lightly and evenly, quickly! While the $45 tag is rather pricey for a tube of foundation (especially when I have a $60 pot of Halo unopened in my bathroom), I'm happy with my purchase and will most likely repurchase after it runs out.

ETA: Today was one of the first warm days and by 6pm my skin still looked great, my blush wore off but foundation stayed in place. I wasn't a cakey mess, like I feared, but I could tell I still had coverage at the same time and wasn't bare skinned!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Jazzminebrazil

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I first heard about this foundation, I was immediately eager to try it out. Though the cost was a little pricey to me 45$ and $48.76 after tax I thought being as I always pick up drug store foundation why not treat myself... And I'm sure glad I did!
I've been using either MAC studio Fix or Maybelines Dream liquid mousse and have been pretty happy but I wanted something with not such a heavy feel and more of a matte finish, when I first tried this foundation the girls at the Chanel counter gave me lots of samples so I could make sure I really liked it upon trying it on I immediately noticed a very floral and fruity smell which I loved, and it was a very clever way to cover up the smell of the sun screen, when you squeeze the foundation out it's a very creamy texture and when your blending it, it blends so easily and you only really need a pearl sized amount to cover your whole face and the best part is the coverage is buildable, from light to medium. Also the foundation is oxidized which means your foundation just keeps getting better throughout the day which I took a huge notice to, I put it on and a few hours later I looked even better and kept getting better and better and not to mention all the compliments I was getting. Bottom line this foundation is amazing and definitely worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by tonir

I really wanted to like this foundation!. After all, the color selection is nice, and when you first put it on, it looks awesome, HG material.

HOWEVER, it doesn't wear well at all. What's worse is that it broke me out in some terrible chin cysts. My skin is acne prone. But lately it has been doing well thanks to a faithful Renee Rouleau product use and regular facials. Unfortunately, this makeup really broke me out. Enough to send me to my esthetician for some high frequency treatments! I know it was this makeup because I switched to another, and the breakouts stopped. Gave this one another try, and boom breakout city.

Why oh why did Chanel discontinue Teint Innocence???

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this foundation...but no dice.

I am constantly on the prowl for THE foundation, my HG. I currently use BB Luminous Moisturizing Foundation and it's been the best but I still think there may be something out there that really gives me that perfect skin w/o looking makeup-y. That's why I was excited when I read the reviews for this.

Going to the Chanel counter, I received a generous sample (enough for 5 times) to try out. Where I live they don't seem to have the full scale of colors but luckily I don't need the BR tints. Settling on B10, and thrilled to have a foundation with SPF, I found it a bit thicker (coming out of the tube) than I expected a lightweight foundation to be.

That said, it spread easily and covered better than I thought. I was pleasantly surprised. But here's where the love affair ends.

A few hours later and, just like another reviewer, the foundation had shifted. I looked cakey mess. Even my husband noticed that my face really looked like it had foundation (or something) on it. Not a good look. I thought this was a one off so I used the sample not just this once but all 5 times. All 5 times, same cakey shifting. Pity...

So a 3 because it did well in the beginning but didn't withstand the test of time with me. The pancake makeup look doesn't help anyone look any better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by deenie2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this, very light and sheer but builable coverage. Feels great on and I like the squeeze bottle. The finish is also quite nice. The caveat is I have large pores and this seems to sink in and magnify them. Prob won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Selina_c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this after receiving a sample in a magazine and loving the finish of it. at that time i'd been fake tanning so was quite a bit darker than i am now. in my skin's natural state it is NC15 so i thought B10 would be fine. wrong. it's a shade too dark for my skin tone, and the SA even tried to make me buy B20 or B30! such a shame because in theory i loved this foundation. It even oxidises on my skin during the day which makes my face ORANGE. i've never had this happen before, such a shame :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed by this foundation. I got a sample in Beige 40, a good match for my medium olive skin, especially in this season. The foundation has a lovely creamy texture, light but not runny and easy to blend with your your fingers, as recommended by Chanel. The result is much better than I expected. Although light and fresh, the coverage is really excellent and not at all like a tinted moisturizer. A little goes a long way and a very thin second layer achieves excellent results in terms of coverage. The finish is semimatte, a true glow without any satin or shimmer. A natural light lits up the face, the skin appears well rested and radiant without any mask effect.
And last but not least, it's impeccable all day long. Despite the running around and the very warm weather, the colour stays true all day long without any patchiness. Really a WOW product. Well done Chanel!
It goes without saying that I have bought it and elected best foundation so far!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MLWagner79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this baby a full week's test drive thanks to generous SAs that loaded me up with samples (I mentioned I used to LOVE TI, but that it now doesn't work on my dry skin, so they were really nice about giving me samples before buying).

I am very very dry, with flaky patches between my brows and on my cheeks. I control this for the most part with argan oil but I still have issues with foundation not sitting right on my skin. My HG is MUFE F&B #20, and I am NC20.

I received samples in both B10 and B20. I think B20 is the better match, although a mix of both would probably work best for me, and even so it is pretty beige and not so much yellow. It is a close enough match for me that I wore it out in public all week, topped with MAC Careblend in Light Plus.

Price: Ugh. But it's Chanel, and for a Chanel foundation it's actually not bad at $45. And it's full 1oz size...my MUFE F&B is $38, so again, not bad.

Packaging: Feels a little cheap for Chanel, but I do like it. The squeeze bottle is easy to use and control, I actually prefer it to the pump on my F&B. The TI glass bottle felt more luxurious but really, who cares?

Product: I would compare this with what I WANTED NARS Sheer Glow to be. SG was a crappy, patchy flaky mess on me. The Vitalumiere Aqua was incredibly lightweight on (even with a couple extra passes over my nose and cheeks to hide redness), it didn't feel like anything on the skin. It looked like my skin, only perfected. It is not, however, a dewy finish like F&B. I would describe it as natural/satin...glowy without being shiny. I put one light layer all over, which evened out my skin. Then I dabbed two more thin layers over my nose and cheeks. No difference in the finish, except that the redness was gone. With some foundations it would start to get cakey, but not with VA. So you can definitely build this from sheer to medium without a problem.

The best part - this stuff wore like freaking iron all day. I work in a physician's office, running around all day and generally sweating. At 10pm, my makeup still looked perfect! And no primer!

I'm not *quite* ready to give up my F&B for this...but when I run out I will definitely reevaluate and see if that opinion changes when the time comes. continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by kpxbabii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far, I really like this foundation. It's sheer coverage, and more like a tinted moisturizer, Personally, I prefer a tinted moisturizer to a foundation anyway because I have nice skin already. It gives that dewy look that I love and is very fairly priced for chanel! It was $45, which isn't bad at all compared to $55 for vitalumiere and prolumiere. I normally expect luxurious packaging, and this is where it falls short. However, I do love the squirt bottle, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Edit: I broke out from this product. My friends also have issues with breakouts with Chanel foundations. What a shame.