September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Sandito

I have curly/frizzy hair that I both straighten and wear curly and this product is wonderful for both styles. I love the smell and the texture, which surprised me, because I don't like any oil in my hair and a weighed down texture. Although my hair is curly, it's not thick and when it's weighed down with oils, it looks limp and frizzy, which looks as good as it sounds.
Moroccan Oil adds a weightless sheen, makes hair look healthy, shiny and clean and seemed to take time off my routine as the straightner just glided through my hair after blow drying.
I agree with the other reviewers about the packaging. However, I found it for $24 and it seems to be lasting a long time, so I don't have any major concerns with the price. A classic for any hair type I would reccomend it to anyone and am interested in the product I saw for enhancing curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by elpee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Moroccan Oil for a couple of weeks and it really does deserve the praise it's been getting on MUA. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all and I don't seem to have to shampoo as much. My hair is relaxed but sometimes the ends can be a little frizzy. Moroccan Oil has reduced the frizziness substantially. The smell reminds me of incense at a middle eastern bazaar, but is not overpowering; kind of like a light body powder. I've only used it on my dry hair (makes it so soft and silky) but will blow dry it in tonight. I don't like the packaging (should be in a pump or something easier to dispense than a glass cough syrup bottle), but what's most important is the product, and the product is great. Since the cost is high for a hair oil (about $30 bucks) I would try to get a sample first but by all means try it. It's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by dheart

OMG!! i LOVE this stuff! my hairstylist started using this on me a few months ago and now i use it everyday!! it leaves my hair so silky and shiny with a beautiful scent. i use the oil, styling cream and the gold shimmer spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Frizznoid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this oil! It is not too heavy or oily and it smells great! It works GREAT coupled with the Intense Curl Cream when I wear my hair curly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by deutsch100

Moroccan Oil is pretty amazing. My hair is quite fine and thin, and I lighten (actually bleach the hell out of it) and tone it platinum white every 3 weeks. Yes, every 3 weeks! I use this almost everyday after shampooing & conditioning and before applying styling products. I also put some in at night, before I sleep. This product has prevented my hair from breaking, drying out and looking like fuzzy, cotton candy (anyone with ultra bleached hair will understand this!) The smell is sinful- Warm, dark, oriental and sensual. Honestly, try rubbing it in your skin too, it makes skin so soft and smooth. Very expensive at about $40USD (before tax), but a little does go a long way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Rydenfan3

I have been using Moroccan Oil for about a month now. I wasn't sure about it at first. It's expensive & it does contain 'cones. I've been trying to move away from synthetic products and switch to all natural products slowly but surely and I wasn't sure if this fit the bill.The label indicates that it's a cruelty-free product, which is great.

Moroccan Oil contains Argan Oil, which is what makes it so expensive. They've added a fragrance supplement that gives it a light incense-like smell. To apply it, I just tip the bottle into the palm of my hand and dispense a nickel sized amount, then emulsify it in my palms and spread it throughout my wet hair, concentrating on the areas that need it the most.

Maybe it's my imagination but when I blowdry my thick wavy hair, it seems to take less time than before. My hair is much less frizzy. I still need to straighten it afterwards but it's way less of a chore than it was before I started using the Moroccan Oil. The final test is how my hair holds up over the course of the next few days. It does not get greasy at all-which is amazing.

Overall I've given Moroccan Oil 5 lippies. I think this is a product that deserves all the attention and hype it's been getting. I have a half full bottle of Kerastase Oleo-Relax that's been completely neglected since purchasing this and prior to using Moroccan Oil, Kerastase was my HG hair straightening serum. A new HG has been found!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by mnw28

This stuff really does make my hair feel much softer and maybe a little shinier. Don't let the word "oil" scare you. It's a very dry oil that does not make your hair greasy if applied correctly (avoiding the roots). It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way. My main complaint would be the packaging. The glass bottle and screw on cap is messy and not the easiest to travel with. I like they way it makes my hair feel though. I use it along with Fekkai glossing cream and my hair stays smooth and frizz free all day.

Update: I still love this stuff but I had to buy the 'Light" version last month because well, that's all the store had at the time. I do not like the Light oil as much. I have highlighted blonde hair and the ligh version did not moisturize my hair the same way the regular does. I feel like I use more of the light version that I do the regular. If you have dry hair I reccomend avoiding the Light and sticking with the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bex9

I've waited about 3 months to review this, so I would have a better idea if it truly makes a difference. I bought it from the salon where I get my hair cut, I think I paid approx. $35 Can. for it. I had heard raves about this product here on MUA and was curious, though I hadn't seen it around the city (though Edmonton AB isn't exactly the metropolis of all that is new and cool). So I was suprised and pleased to see it featured at the salon I go to. I asked my hair stylist about it, and she was really fond of it and said it was working wonders with many of her clients. She used it on me and honestly... without ever touching my hair, just seeing how shiny it looked and the smell... god I love that smell... I knew I was at least buying a sample. But then I touched my hair and it was like silk. For reference: I have long naturally blonde hair. It's been coloured only a handful of times in the past 5 years, though it's still had its fair share of damage due to the fact I live and work on a horse ranch and spend most of my time outside in the wind and sun. So of course at first I was in looove with this product, but I resisted the urge to come on here and shout my praises to world, because I had just got my hair cut so I knew it really didnt take much to make me love my hair. It did consistently make me really soft, shiny and take away the frizz, without any weight or greasy feel. And my bf is equally in love with the smell, which is pretty awesome ;) Now that it has be three months I can safely say this is worth $35 to me, for sure, because my hair still looks and feels amazing. At one point I randomly forgot about this product for a week, and all week my hair just seemed... lacking, then when I remembered this and started using it again, my hair was revived. I think Im even going to wait another month before getting a trim, because thanks to this I dont really feel I need it..... overall great product, with lots of pros. Only cons that I find is the price (thought Im willing to pay it seeings how this is way better than the Fredric Fekki stuff I payed equally as much for), and while the bottle is pretty, I wish it had a pump or something that what prevent that whole thing from dumping should it ever fall (knock on wood!)... <3

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by brookfletcher

I LOVE this stuff.-
I have long (bra stap length) fine, blond hair that is SUPER prone to fly away's - I have what I call - my permanent antennae that stick up at the font . :D
Since my hair is fine, I cannot put anything too heavy on my hair to moisturize. this stuff ROCKS> !
Light, absorbs, smells fantastic and cured my fly aways- my hair looks amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sweetgirl7

I LOVE this product! The last product that did this for me and that was discontinued was Redken All Soft Addictive spray. This is better because if you put too much in your hair, it still will not look greasy, it absorbs into hair so well, smells incredible, a little goes a long way, makes hair soft and shiny! I love love love love this!