April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Rydenfan3

I have been using Moroccan Oil for about a month now. I wasn't sure about it at first. It's expensive & it does contain 'cones. I've been trying to move away from synthetic products and switch to all natural products slowly but surely and I wasn't sure if this fit the bill.The label indicates that it's a cruelty-free product, which is great.

Moroccan Oil contains Argan Oil, which is what makes it so expensive. They've added a fragrance supplement that gives it a light incense-like smell. To apply it, I just tip the bottle into the palm of my hand and dispense a nickel sized amount, then emulsify it in my palms and spread it throughout my wet hair, concentrating on the areas that need it the most.

Maybe it's my imagination but when I blowdry my thick wavy hair, it seems to take less time than before. My hair is much less frizzy. I still need to straighten it afterwards but it's way less of a chore than it was before I started using the Moroccan Oil. The final test is how my hair holds up over the course of the next few days. It does not get greasy at all-which is amazing.

Overall I've given Moroccan Oil 5 lippies. I think this is a product that deserves all the attention and hype it's been getting. I have a half full bottle of Kerastase Oleo-Relax that's been completely neglected since purchasing this and prior to using Moroccan Oil, Kerastase was my HG hair straightening serum. A new HG has been found!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by mnw28

This stuff really does make my hair feel much softer and maybe a little shinier. Don't let the word "oil" scare you. It's a very dry oil that does not make your hair greasy if applied correctly (avoiding the roots). It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way. My main complaint would be the packaging. The glass bottle and screw on cap is messy and not the easiest to travel with. I like they way it makes my hair feel though. I use it along with Fekkai glossing cream and my hair stays smooth and frizz free all day.

Update: I still love this stuff but I had to buy the 'Light" version last month because well, that's all the store had at the time. I do not like the Light oil as much. I have highlighted blonde hair and the ligh version did not moisturize my hair the same way the regular does. I feel like I use more of the light version that I do the regular. If you have dry hair I reccomend avoiding the Light and sticking with the original.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bex9

I've waited about 3 months to review this, so I would have a better idea if it truly makes a difference. I bought it from the salon where I get my hair cut, I think I paid approx. $35 Can. for it. I had heard raves about this product here on MUA and was curious, though I hadn't seen it around the city (though Edmonton AB isn't exactly the metropolis of all that is new and cool). So I was suprised and pleased to see it featured at the salon I go to. I asked my hair stylist about it, and she was really fond of it and said it was working wonders with many of her clients. She used it on me and honestly... without ever touching my hair, just seeing how shiny it looked and the smell... god I love that smell... I knew I was at least buying a sample. But then I touched my hair and it was like silk. For reference: I have long naturally blonde hair. It's been coloured only a handful of times in the past 5 years, though it's still had its fair share of damage due to the fact I live and work on a horse ranch and spend most of my time outside in the wind and sun. So of course at first I was in looove with this product, but I resisted the urge to come on here and shout my praises to world, because I had just got my hair cut so I knew it really didnt take much to make me love my hair. It did consistently make me really soft, shiny and take away the frizz, without any weight or greasy feel. And my bf is equally in love with the smell, which is pretty awesome ;) Now that it has be three months I can safely say this is worth $35 to me, for sure, because my hair still looks and feels amazing. At one point I randomly forgot about this product for a week, and all week my hair just seemed... lacking, then when I remembered this and started using it again, my hair was revived. I think Im even going to wait another month before getting a trim, because thanks to this I dont really feel I need it..... overall great product, with lots of pros. Only cons that I find is the price (thought Im willing to pay it seeings how this is way better than the Fredric Fekki stuff I payed equally as much for), and while the bottle is pretty, I wish it had a pump or something that what prevent that whole thing from dumping should it ever fall (knock on wood!)... <3

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by brookfletcher

I LOVE this stuff.-
I have long (bra stap length) fine, blond hair that is SUPER prone to fly away's - I have what I call - my permanent antennae that stick up at the font . :D
Since my hair is fine, I cannot put anything too heavy on my hair to moisturize. this stuff ROCKS> !
Light, absorbs, smells fantastic and cured my fly aways- my hair looks amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sweetgirl7

I LOVE this product! The last product that did this for me and that was discontinued was Redken All Soft Addictive spray. This is better because if you put too much in your hair, it still will not look greasy, it absorbs into hair so well, smells incredible, a little goes a long way, makes hair soft and shiny! I love love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by fitnessnut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely HG status. I have relaxed colored hair that has been through the ringers in the past few months. This product did not weigh my hair down at all and a small amount went so far. It gave me control when I blow dried and made flat ironing with my CHI so easy. I would recommend this to anyone who is willing to spend the money. You can visit the companies website to find where you can buy it. Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by katusha4978

Magical! that's all i can say. I only used the product twice, but i am really impressed.
My hair is less frizzy, my curls are more defined if i want to wear my hair curly, but it also helps when i straighten my hair, makes my hair shiny, full looking, and really soft.
the only minor complaint i have so faris, I do wish the bottle had a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by iheartalize

Promotes healthy hair. Gets rid of frizz and adds shine. Doesn't weight hair down. Has a very unique smell... some days I like it and some day it gives me a headache :/ either way it works and I still use it lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by purplebuttafly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. I have the regular oil and the spray. Nothing I have used gives the shine like this does without a greasy look. I have purchased their mask and other styling creams and they too are great especially the mask. I would and will purchase this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Critterkeeper

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Totally blown away by this product - my hair is so bad I have not seen it for two years - been wearing a full weave. In order for my hair to look even half way dectent it must be relaxed, colored and highlighted - all in the same day. You can only imagine what that does to your ends after time. My hair would never grow below my jaw line - it would break off. We are talking major firzz balm kinky curly dry hair I have fought it all my life. It is even to curly to wear curly - you get the picture.

Anyway, it still has to be relaxed, colored and hightlighted, however, with this product my hair is now down to my shoulders and in better condition then it has ever been in. You can purchase it on Amazon now for much less the the 39.00 that it has sold for in the past. Yes the bottle is dumb but I just washed out an emply pump bottle - we all have them laying around with product we will probably never use again and wella good packaging so I did not take away any marks for packaging.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No