April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by jan28th

THIS STUFF IS JUST HANDS DOWN THE BEST BB CREAM EVER
how come every korean bb cream is so good?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by audiolovely

BB cream is a new product main popular in Asia. It's nice because it's a multitasking product. It conceals, whiten and acts as a great foundation without feeling heavy.

Missha's BB cream is okay, compared to other brands. It has a slight gray undertone, which can be fixed by applying powder after the BB cream has settled.

Overall, it's a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by violetlite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First, the skincare aspect of this stuff: I am rating it a five because it has completely stopped my breakouts (which i have been struggling with for almost a year, and have tried every other product AND birth control, to no effect.) It's inexplicable because mineral oil is right up there in the ingredients, and while it has some nice anti-aging ingredients like ceramides etc, none of the ingredients are anything THAT special and there's nothing in there i haven't used in some other form. Must be something about this particular combination/delivery system that works for my normal to dry, suddenly-cystic-acne-prone, skin.

My primary reason for trying this was the relatively high spf- i am very fair and while every sunblock or tinted moisturizer was breaking me out, it just isn't an option for me to go without. Based on the reviews here it seems totally hit or miss depending on the user, but it is definitely worth a try if you have recently and inexplicably developed acne like i had.

I can't really speak for the anti-aging or whitening properties (I am already as white as one can get) but my skin does look healthy and well hydrated after a few weeks of using this product. My acne marks have faded significantly, but again, not sure if that's the product working, or just time.

Now, as far as a makeup product: it's really everything i didn't realize I needed. I don't normally wear foundation, just tinted moisturizer, but this is a happy medium between the two. It's pretty amazing how well it evens the skin tone and covers the redness, little veins, and undereye darkness i have, without actually looking like a full coverage foundation- almost like it just covers where it needs to. One pump is enough for the entire face with some left over for a second layer on acne scars or undereyes. I do still use concealer on one very dark blue vein, but other than that this BB Cream is enough. The finish looks very natural and smooths out pores well. I use shade #21. It is probably too light for most; I feel like it is the TINIEST bit dark on me after several hours of wear, but everyone I've asked claims to not be able to see it. When I bought it I was only aware of 2 shades but there seems to be 2 more- maybe they are new?- so I just ordered the lightest shade (#13). The other new (?) shade is a golden tan, great news for the reviewers who wish bb creams weren't all so light. Anyway, I'll update when my new color arrives.

I especially like that it seems somewhat resistant- I put it on my eyes and it doesn't run and hurt my eyes as other SPF products would. My skin tends to suck up makeup in a matter of minutes, but this keeps me even for the whole day. It is very dewy at first, so if you are oily you might stay away from this particular bb cream, or put powder on top. I dust a little Smashbox Halo powder over my t-zone with this on hot, humid days, but on normal days i leave it as is because i tend to become dry throughout the day, so i don't mind the dewiness. I remove it with makeup remover pads before washing. I think a good foaming gel cleanser or oil would remove it, but probably not a cream or anything non-foaming.

Packaging is great and hygienic on the 50ml pump-tube, and it also controls the amount you use, which is a good thing with this less-is-more product. The scent is not what I'd call strong, and it doesn't linger on my skin after I apply. I bought this size for $20 from a seller on amazon, and the new color from ebay for about $16 plus shipping. It's a bit more expensive direct from Missha (around 30 bucks,) but definitely reasonable for quality makeup. I'd even call it cheap considering how much I love it.

Update: Got shade #13 today- it is definitely a better color for me. It is brighter, without that greyish tone people keep mentioning. While 21 worked fine, i had to blend it a little more at the edges to make it perfect. 13 doesn't require as much blending and makes me look sort of...cleaner? more radiant? anyway, most brands don't make a shade of makeup light enough for me, so i'm thrilled to have this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by yingy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination to oily skin and asian medium skintone.
this was my first bb cream. the first few days was great, my skin looked natural and the color (I got #23) was the right one. but after using it about a week I started noticing that the color was very unnaturally white. and maybe because of hormones (which made my skin more oily)+this bb cream clogging my pores = BREAK OUTS. so i stopped using it and gave it to my mom (she has dry skin).she doesnt have problems yet and she's been using it for about 2 months now. but I've got the feeling doesnt look on her anymore. It's very weird that after some time using this bb cream it loses the magic powers of bb creams.I will not purchage this product again because there are probably better bb creams out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by DontWorryAboutIt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to use this product and when it came I immediately washed my face and tried it onÖ the first thing I noticed was the strong scent. NOT GOOD. For anyone with skin as sensitive as mine anything with such a strong almost perfume-y smell is a bad idea. I went ahead though and gave it a shot. The cream came out fairly thick and I didnít have to use too much to get a nice coverage going. I built the product up under my eyes and on visible blemishes and scars and yet it did not appear thick or cakey like with some foundations Iíve used. The color went on very pale but set in with my natural color about 30 minutes after applied. I also have very dry skin but this left no patches or anything behind. I liked it.

But around two or three hours later my face started to itch a little and I ignored it. More time passed more itchiness ensued. By the time half the day was gone so was the creams results. It looked like it just faded away and there was no point in keeping it on any longer so I washed my face. I got red rashes all along the sides of my face and definitely do not plan on using this product again!

On account of its mineral oils and very strong scent I do not recommend this for anyone struggling with their skin. Stay away from this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this BB cream. As a PPP, non-asian gal, I needed 21. (ETA: now there are more color options!) It works perfectly on my skin and it even covers a bit of my blue undereye circles and reddish blotches. I have super-dry flaky skin in the winter and it didn't dry me out or get wierd. Now, with my super-oily summer skin, it maintains it's look and doesn't sweat off. Sweet!

A TINY amount is all I need. The coverage is medium so all I need is a decent oil-fighting powder over top for all-day wear. I sweat through work and this stays nicely through 79 degree heavy-stress days. Not to forget the awesome SPF value, which I need as a redheaded PPP with super-sensitive skin.

My downside is finding it inexpensively shipped to the US, and not having it shipped in super-hot weather. The tube has totally been worth the price, though, I would buy more. I've tried the M Signature Real Complete in 13 (the new, pale, non-yellow beige option) and I really love it. While Perfect Cover has a whitening property I don't need, I saw the ingredients list on Real Complete and had to try it. I think I may switch HG status, but I do love both products a LOT.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by koalaluff

I bought this because it was cheap and had a good spf level. It doesn't give the best coverage, but good enough for me. It does make your face darker as the day progresses, but I don't find that a big problem. I got this in #21, which works for my NC25 skin tone. Out of several other bb creams, this one gives off the least oil. Major plus for that! It blends VERY easily, and doesn't break me out. I don't have a problem removing it either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by staysee1813

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love this. Ever since I started using this product, I cant remember breaking out at all. and it provides a light natural coverage. The scent is wonderful, reminds me of Johnson and Johnson baby powder scent. Would def. buy this product again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly this product just did not work for me at all. I ordered it from Korea on ebay, all excited about the possibilities of BB cream as a summer alternative to foundation. It arrived in a nice squeeze tube and I tried it on right away and found the consistency exactly like a light-medium coverage foundation. In fact I found the finish very similar to my Revlon Light Active foundation, which is a medium coverage foundation despite the name, and it also has high SPF although not as high as the BB cream. Anyway, after a few days of wearing this, I decided the finish wasn't as good as my Revlon LA since it gets greasy in my t-zone and looks more "makeup-y". Also the color (I got 21, the lightest) is a bit too dark for my very fair neutral-toned skin (Mac NC/NW 10-15).

I also noticed my rosacea reacted to this a bit and I got numerous small pimples and bumps. The Missha M was the only change in my routine so I feel sure it was this BB cream that caused the breakout. My skin is very sensitive but foundations (which are usually non-comedogenic) don't usually bother me.

I felt disappointed and it seems that a BB cream is just another term for a foundation (or for some of the thinner ones maybe a tinted moisturizer). Sure it has sunscreen and claims some skin benefits, but lots of foundations and TMs claim that.

At the same time I got the Missha on ebay, I also ordered the Skin 79 gold label BB cream which arrived a few days later. I must say the Skin 79 has a much nicer texture and finish. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer on my skin. When I compared them side-by-side on my arm, the Missha is more pink/orange and has a noticeable sheen, whereas the Skin 79 is more neutral/beige and sinks right in. Unfortunately the Skin 79 is a tiny bit darker. When I tried it on my face it doesn't look too bad since it's such a neutral tone, and the finish is very nice and natural compared to the Missha. Not sure if I'll use it though, since I'd have to put it on my neck as well. Plus I'm worried it might break me out too. In any case, if you want to try a BB cream I'd recommend the Skin 79 instead of this one--check out the reviews for it. If you have super fair skin you may wish to try the Skin food Mushroom BB cream, since I've heard that (in shade 1) is the palest BB cream out there.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

I am blown away buy the natural coverage and feel this provides! It seriously feels like my own skin! I didn't find this sticky at all, prob. cause my skin tends to be a bit drier. It does leave a slight grey cast, but nothing my bronzer can't fix. I had really wanted to try out a bb cream and this is my first so i have nothing to compare it to. I bought this one based off reviews and im happy i did. I will prob. try others though, so i may not repurchase right away. the only downside for me is the smell. I smells good far away, but once on my skin it is too strong and floral for my tastes. It's a bit nausiating so i may not be able to wear it, i don't know yet.