December 18, 2014 | 844 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 4:55:00 AM More reviews by eugenetyj

I bought this BB cream because i wanted to try one and bought it with 2 friends. Have tried samples prior buying it online, it give you the dewy glow and blends quite well. I felt that my skin look darn good with this on! However, some said that there were mineral oil in this BB cream, so i seldom use it anymore.( even though it was not stated in the ingredient list on the box ) As i had other BB cream samples, i intended to finish those and use this again. Truthfully, i was kinda scared what it will do to my skin, so i will try other BB cream before using this back again. After trying other BB creams, i felt that this is quite thick and heavy compared to the others. It has a good coverage though (: i always use it to cover dark circles. Oil control of this works okay, doesn't cake nor break me out. This actually last all day.

I will not buy this again as 50 ML is a lot, i'm not even sure that i can finish this tube. I think i would want to try other range and other brands' BB cream.

Packaging wise was not bad, comes in a tube with a pump, convenient and hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I have never had a foundation cover as well as this tinted moisturizer. A little goes a long way and covers and even my skin so well. It also lasts longer thru out the day more than any other foundation I have ever used. Adriana265 gives a great review and includes the color selections available and their undertones which is very helpful. as she noted, #23 has cool/pink/beige undertones, so if you have yellow undertones like me, go with #21 instead. The colors are very limited which is frustrating. Also, the smell is super strong, like baby lotion and perfume. I HATE putting scented products on my face and this stuff is heavily scented. The scent goes away after 30 minutes or so, thank god. As others have cautioned, it has mineral oil in it, so if that irritates you I would not purchase it. The finish for me is full and almost matte. Not dewy at all, so I like to add Moonbeam from Benefit where I want more of a glow.

I would recommend getting the samples first to try which are available all over the internet.

UPDATE: Just as I noted the mineral oil in this gave me breakouts. Really, deep ones, that are awful. It's a shame since the cvg. and life of this is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to love this BB Cream, but unfortunately it contains mineral oil, and that aggravates my skin. I can wear it for a day and be fine. But two days in a row and my skin gets angry. That's why I didn't give it a 5/5.

But onto the real review:
This product is very smooth, and has a pleasant (sort of powdery) smell. Applying it with the fingers gives a lighter coverage; good for hot days. However, I tried applying it with a stippling brush despite it's thicker texture (compared to liquid foundations), and I actually got a very impressive full coverage! I have very dark scars from acne caused by PCOS, so I'm always trying to find a way to cover them until I find a product to help get rid of them. This product also doesn't settle into my pores, and it doesn't oxidize throughout the day! I do need a little touch up with powder in the afternoon, but nothing to fret over. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that doesn't breakout from mineral oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by akrypti36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good coverage; offers that flawless porcelain look; and the extra SPF is an appreciated bonus. It's a little slick on the face however, and as I have oily skin, I need to pair this with a pressed powder. On major breakout weeks, I definitely need to layer on foundation for adequate coverage. Luckily it did not cause me to break out, but it also has not improved my skin any. Overall a good buy, but it's not perfect.

UPDATE: I recant what I said earlier about this product not causing me to break out! After using it every day for months and going through 2 bottles, it wreaked havoc on my skin. It clogged my pores, resulting in triple the usual number of blackheads I have, and also caused me to break out in unusual places. This is a good *makeup* product, but do not be fooled into thinking it's a good *skincare* product. I'm now having serious doubts whether I'll buy a third bottle.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

This BB cream is designed to lighten the skin tone, heal blemishes, provide good coverage and prevent skin aging with whitening and anti-wrinkle properties. Sounds like heaven in a tube, doesn't it? For reference I have sensitive normal skin. I chose the #2 shade of this BB cream.

The colour ranges are obviously limited, but they do have 4 shades available - 13, 21, 23, 31. 13 is a very light beige, 21 is a light beige and has a more yelllow tone, 23 is a true beige colour with grey/pink tones, and 31 is a tan colour with peachy tones. 23 is pretty good match for me (despite the odd undertones, they fade a little once applied), but I think I'll try out 21 next time.

The BB cream is rather thick in consistancy, which is why it has such good skin coverage. It covers any redness and small blemishes really well whilst evening out my skintone. Despite the consistancy, it spreads and blends pretty easily onto the skin. I pat it on as opposed to rubbing it in. It leaves my skin looking plump and moisturised. Not a matte finish, but not dewy either. Semi-matte would be more accurate.

A word of advice: don't apply too much or else it will look very obvious that you are wearing makeup, and it may feel thick and heavy on your face. The downside to this is that you will not get the full SPF benefits. This BB cream has an SPF of 42 which is very impressive, but unless you apply a teaspoon of BB cream to your face, you're not going to get that. So, always apply your regular sunscreen underneath aswell.

This BB cream is fragranced, which may irritate some sensitive skins. It smells like herbs, flowers and baby lotion to my nose. I love the smell. I just don't see why they feel the need to fragrance it! It was originally designed to be oil-free, but the ingredient list was reformulated quite a while ago, so this BB cream now contains mineral oil. If you are a person who reacts badly to mineral oils, you may want to steer clear.

I think the oil control properties of this BB cream are brilliant. However, if I don't moisturize very well beforehand, the BB cream makes my skin dry and flaky.

In terms of its "healing" properties...I don't think it heals blemishes itself, but it doesn't seem to aggravate them either. It contains arbutin, which helps to lighten skin, so with prolonged use you may see results (I'm talking about several months to a year, here. Don't expect a lighter skintone in a week, people!) Even so, I cannot contribute any skin lightening effects merely to this BB cream as I use whitening soaps and creams, so I can't measure the help this BB cream gives. Either way, it doesn't hurt though!

Lasting power is amazing - I can apply at 6AM and it will still be there at 10PM. Very long wearing on me, even through wet rainy weather or hot humid weather. You must use an oil cleanser followed by a regular cleanser and toner to remove this stuff, otherwise you will most likely break out.

Overall this is a good BB cream if you're looking for good coverage. It's not my favourite, but by no means do I think it's not a nice product. Despite the coverage, it still manages to look natural and does not break me out.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by nicoleeju

When I first bought this bb cream, I really hated it. No matter how I applied it, it broke me out. I was so disappointed since many youtubers love it. However, one day I was researching on the best way to apply this bb cream, and someone wrote a blog saying a japanese makeup artist says the best way to apply this is with your fingers and I read somewhere else that you should apply the littlest amount. I used to apply as much of this as any other foundation, but recently I've tried this again with a new way of application, and I have to say that Im loving this! Basically, I pump out a 1 1/2 pea size amount and dot it all over my face and blend it really well with my fingers. It gives a very natural finish. The coverage on this is basically sheer since you cant apply to much so you would have to use a concealer on trouble areas, but it really evens out the skin tone is basically what a foundation should do since foundations are made to even out the skin tone while concealers are made to cover imperfections. Overall, I really like this bb cream now, and although its a little pricey, I think its worth it. But I would recommended going to their website missha.net to buy the sampler pack first where it has the bb cream, boomer, lipgloss, etc so you can be sure you'll like it before you buy the full size which is like 30 bucks, and the sampler is like .. 20? at least, when I bought it, it was 20 bucks :)

EDIT: it breaks me out and the color is still a bit grayish on me :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by rshim09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first BB cream and I'm in love with this BB cream. I have tried other BB creams (it's skin's BB) and went back to Missha. I have pretty dark skin (naturally and also tan very easily) for an Asian and other BB creams are too white for me, even when it's the company's darkest color. This one spreads easily and covers everything perfectly. I used to just where this as a foundation because it covered so well. Now I use foundation on top just to match my skin color more and every time my parents to go Korea, I have them buy several so I can never run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by peaches16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

heard lots of great things about this product....was immensely dissappointed....i kept hearing about how it gave a good coverage, but it did not cover my flaws as well as i had expected!even my nivea tinted moisturiser has a better coverage than this! otherwise, i really do like its packaging...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by cbcfourfivesix

I used bb creams for about 6 months. During this period, I tried about 7 different kinds. Out of all those, this was my favorite because of its coverage, color, smell, and texture. However, I have stopped using it because over the summer, it has absolutely no staying power whatsoever. My t-zone gets EXTREMELY oily in the warmer months, and this was overly moisturizing, causing my entire face to become an oil slick. Then, the BB cream would proceed to melt off of my face. However, I'll revisit the product in the winter months when my skin is fairly dry.

Coverage-wise, I was very impressed. It really is buildable. I have tons of red marks, and this product doubled as a concealer - I just had to add a few extra layers where I needed it and those marks would disappear. However, this product has very little staying power, so after a few hours, all those red marks were visible yet again. This product probably won't be so bad for those without acne or hyperpigmentation, since it really does even out your skintone. And I love that it has spf.

I haven't given up on this product yet, but while I'm still dealing with skin problems, I'm going to have to find something that has better staying power. I'm going to return to liquid foundations for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Everywhere I go I always see, hear or read about this BB Cream, and it never really interest much, since my last experience with BB Cream was a total waste of time/money.
I eventually caved in and I purchased a 20mL tube of this, and I'm in love with it, I tried this the same week as I tried my Laneige foundation (which is also a product I am loving right now), and I'm beginning to change my views on Asian makeup products, especially Korean and Japanese brands.
The scent is really nice, its texture isn't as thick as my last BB Cream, doesn't feel heavy as well, has fantastic coverage and highly durable.
The colour match on me is perfect, and the finish is flawless, and healthy. this doesn't cake or become flakey or dry, I always use a powder to set it.
It claims to have SPF42 which I've never seen before in my life in any foundation or BB Cream, and for some reason I dont trust or believe that it has that sort of sun protect, I always wear a moisturizer with sunblock underneath this, and most certainly would not walk out the house with this on and no sunblock. But then again that is just my personal opinion, the product itself is fantastic.
This cost about $30AUD for the full size tube a bit expensive, but I think its worth it compare to MAC being similar price and is completely garbage. For those who are resisting to buy this, just get it, it will actually suprise you that the raves are very true.