BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

on 2/14/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My mum bought me this for Christmas as she was in love with her own bottle. I have to say, I'm very glad she did!

I love the radiant shimmer this gives me. I wear it everyday on my cheekbones and on my eyes. I'm not much one for eyeshadow so this is a really nice subtle alternative.

It makes my skin look dewy and glowing, even if it's a state underneath that make up! Also, as you only need to use a tiny bit, it will last forever.

It's expensive but it really looks lovely. Plus, with it lasting such a long time, it really is worth the cost.

I will definitely buy again when I (eventually!) run out of it!

on 2/12/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just got this in the latest Benefit kit from Sephora, it came with Hoola, Gilded, BadGal. Of all the products I like this one the best however the lighting you are under will affect it. In one bathroom i can't see it at all, in another it looks great.

I think it will really make you sparkle under natural light and on a sunny day. I like that it gives a different sheen than "oily", so you don't look oily, but you look sparkly/glowy. Even though it is expensive you don't need much and this product will last a long time

on 2/11/2010 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Horrible consistency. It looks patchy and doesn't blend as well as I would like it to. It should apply smoothly like Stila's illuminating moisturizer and luminizer. If it did this would be an okay product, but I'm glad I got this cheap on eBay as I would have been annoyed if I had splashed out on the full one in store.

on 2/11/2010 10:14:00 AM

Nice highlighter! Every morning I have to drag myself out of bed by 6, and this really helps me look fresh. Just a few dots above the cheekbones and it brightens me up. The person at Sephora who sold this to me gave the tip of mixing it with a moisturizer and applying all over the face. I did that once and looked like a lightbulb. I'll stick with just using a bit on the cheeks.
2 things I didn't like: 1) The price. $24 is a lot to spend (though that's typical of Benefit), though I think it will last me a long time. 2) The bottle. I don't mind the applicator, and I have Benetint too and don't mind that bottle. But the top I have just doesn't screw on to the bottle very securely, and there's nothing I can do to fix that. I guess I'll just have to be careful...

on 2/10/2010 11:26:00 PM

I got the small size of this in a Benefit set at sephora a while ago and i cant really figure out how to use this. i know you're supposed to dot it around your eyes and on your cheekbone but its just ehhh...when i use it you see the actually tell im trying to highlite that area..and its not cute. i try to rub it in..but i just end up rubbing it off. i would only rebuy this on ebay or something if i could find it cheap enough.

on 2/10/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I do not like this product at all. Benefit's salespeople convinced me that this was going to make me look glorious (as they say about all products) but basically all it did was make me look like I had glittery-stuff around my eyes. I even got one of the Benefit salespeople to admit that it was "basically just glitter". I am not a glitter fan, but even for those who are, I am willing to bet that you can buy glitter at a much cheaper price. Also.. the consistency is kind of gooey/unpleasant, and it makes me nervous to slather something around my cheeks/eyes that is not noncomedogenic (will NOT clog pores).

on 2/9/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite highlighter. Very easy to blend. Gives a bit of shimmer with a pinkish tone but can be used on light skin with beige undertones. I only put a couple drops under and around the outside of my eye and one under the brow.

on 2/8/2010 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a wonderful highlighter and totally worth the money to me. I use it on the bridge of my nose, cheekbones, and chin. It blends wonderfully and the glow it imparts is so beautiful; It's not obvious or glittery at all. Just give it a try the next time you're at the Benefit counter or at Sephora. You'll love it!

on 2/7/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this<3 It looks natural. It's really pricey.

on 2/6/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample at Sephora a couple of months ago and I've only used it a couple of times. I'm trying to like it, cause it gives my face a good glow (I use it on my nose and cheekbones). But it's just hard to get used to the liquid-formula.. I'm so used to putting my powder-form highlighter on with a brush and it feels wrong to dab the liquid on. Last night the sales-guy at Sephora talked me into getting the full size bottle (it came in a kit w/ Hoola, BadGal and Tequila. All full size for $35!!). So, I'm gonna try to make this a part of my daily routine (I'm hiding all my other highlighters LOL). I really like the product and I would probably buy it again (I doubt I ever will though, the bottle seems to last FOREVER) and yes, I would recommend this to other makeup freaks :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials