July 25, 2014 | 1525 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder was quite a surprise, I simply did not expect to like it as much as I liked my Clinique one, but I did and Iím not going back to expensive powders as long as this exists. I have it in the colour Medium 2-2.5 but I was disappointed that they didnít have a larger selection of colours, most of them being very light and I only had 4 colours to chose from where I bought it. This powder comes with an applicator that is not the best but I use it because itís easy to bring on the go. It doesnít keep me from being oily for hours, but nothing canít. For the price, the quality is great and Iíll probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by twistupgal

This is my favorite pressed powder; the only bad thing I can say is that I'm not fond of the compact. However, my make-up stays in place or 6+ hours and never gets cakey. Also, the palest shade is perfect for my fair skin. The finish on my face is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by dancerchickadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product. I don't absolutely hate it, but i don't absolutely love it. It keeps my t-zone matte for about four hours, then i have to reapply. I'd repurchase if I had no other options, but right now, I'll just finish up what i have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pro's: Packaging is great, gives a nice matte finish, controls shine, has good staying power, good coverage.

Con's: Can settle into lines, can look chalky, mine turns orange if I don't use the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse underneath it, if I reapply it it makes my blemishes stand out alot, applicator that it comes with isn't good for applying the product with, I've been told it makes me look older.

I only wear this if I'm just wearing tinted moisturiser or even just a regular moisturiser. I apply with a MAC 150 Brush because it seems to give me better coverage than using a pad/sponge and it doesn't settle into lines as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by paciodaneza

HG! I have used Mac Studio Fix for years and have been looking for powder to replace it. Mac's Studio Fix has medium buildable coverage but after 2 hours my face would get oily. I tried Diorskin Forever Compact as well but that one has metallic coverage so I returned it. I was about to give up when I gave Dream Matte Powder a try and I JUST LOVE IT. Honey is the perfect shade for me. I'm NC 42, C4, in MAC. This powder remindsd me of Lorac Wet/Dry foundation powder but that one is $ 36!! And the coverage is really sheer but buildable. So after 1 month of use, you'll see the bottom of the pan.
Dream Matte beats all the HE powder foundations I have tried and this is only $ 8. It is very fine-milled and buildable and the coverage is sheer to medium. This is also transfer-resistant and stays put for 12 hours indoors and 8 hours when outdoors. If you're hesitant in buying this, just think that it is only $ 8. This will be worth the risk!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by blessedbyabrokenheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I bought Dream Matte Press Powder when I went shopping with my boyfriend because I was out of loose powder and Walmart had stopped carrying my HG powder (New York Color Loose Translucent Powder).

I must say I LOVE this powder! I was really torn between getting it and getting Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder and since both were about the same price I decided to try the Maybelline since I already use the Dream Liquid Foundation and Dream Concealer.

This stuff is amazing! I have lately just been wearing it and my primer and it doesn't move and I don't get oily! And I work in a un-air conditioned shack in the Florida heat and humidity! So for my make up to stay on after 6-8 hr in that is a miracle. This stuff is my new HG powder and I couldn't be happier!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by SpunkyPanda

There was the big hype with the Mac Mineralized Skin Finish and I was dumb enough to fall for it and tried it. I BROKE OUT! so than I heard that this powder is like it but it does not break you out, so i tried it and fell in love with it! Its the perfect go to Powder in case you ran out of your usual and need something cheap or just on the go. 5 LIPPIES from me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by lilnodyxp

pros: does keep me matte for about 5-6 hours after i'm done putting on my makeup.

cons: broke out
i was wondering what was making my cheeks and forehead develop these small bumps and clogged pores .... after i stopped using this powder my skin became smooth again. I used this product for 3 months to make sure it wasn't my hormones or weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Jchiko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in sand. This powder sets my makeup and I think the coverage is good. But sometimes, it looks a bit cakey around my chin, not sure why, but I still like this product. The rest of my face looks good with it. It keeps my face matte for a couple of hours, I usually use this when I go to school. There's this smell to it though lol. It doesn't really bother me that much but I could still smell it. Most people don't like the packaging, I think it's quite cute. I never really use the mirror though. Overall, I think I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by annaddme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When i had really oily skin this was the only foundation i used, it would stay shine free for hours. The packaging was small enough for me to just put in my handbag or pocket. The only problem was that the powder came of easily, but apart from that a really great product for oily skin.