October 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Belle1113

I'm really impressed with this! I ran out of my usual powder this morning, so I had to use my cousin's, which is this stuff. When I first put it on, it looked really great - really smooth and matte. And it lasted while I was babysitting two kids, so that's a plus. My cousin is usually a couple shades darker than I am, but it didn't look too dark for me at all. I would definitely go buy this stuff for myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by akatrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this Revlon CS and it's pretty good. Not great but good. After my first touch up of the day my face stays pretty matte. It doesn't look cakey or add too much colour to your face so it doesn't alter your foundation colour. It wears pretty well on it's own for those days I don't use foundation. The only thing that keeps it from getting 5 lippies is that it really dulls my face at the end of the day. So I'm kind of torn as to whether or not I'd repurchase. I like the mattifying aspects of this powder but the appearance of dull ruddy skin is really starting to make me rethink about purchasing this again. I think I'll save my pennies for Mac Blot Powder LOL!!! I'll repurchase only if Mac is not in my budget when I'm done with this powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Picked this up kind of on a whim. Maybelline was on sale for 40% off and I couldnít help myself. I have been very impressed with the brand these days, so as soon as I saw the sale, I went online and made a list of some things to try. I have seen several youtube gurus talk about this, such as xteener and emilynoel, and I figured it was worth a shot. I ended up loving it and buying a second one to keep in my purse. I have already hit pan, and bought another!

It is a matte finish, but not a scary, caked on look at all. Thatís what I usually think of when I hear a matte finish powder. But, it goes on pretty light, and does a good job of finishing my make up. I have been using it over Revlon Photo Ready foundation. I really like the foundation, but it doesnít last very long alone, and some people find it too shimmery. This powder tones it down, but it is still light enough that I still get a bit of a glow. It helps it stay on longer, too. I have also used it when I feel like the hot weather it making my skin oily and my make up runny. It solves the problem without looking or feeling like too much powder on my face. It also works well with all other foundations I have tried (Revlon color stay, Maybelline Super stay)

For me it really only works as a setting powder. My skin is too dry to wear this alone, and it doesnít offer much coverage. It does, however, soften the look of skin and improves the overall look. I still think it is best over foundation, although it looks like from reviews many like it alone. Some powders, especially those marketed as ďmattifyingĒ powders bother my skin, make it itchy or too dry. This one feels light and comfortable

The packing is unique. You slide the bottom to reveal a compartment with a puff and a mirror underneath. I like that the puff doesnít sit on top of the product. I just donít like that it sits on top of the mirror. I would prefer the mirror to be on the lid of the packing so I can use it without removing the puff. At home, I just use a large fluffy brush and use a light dusting. Out and about I either blot with the puff, or use my Eco Tools retractable kabuki. Even with the kabuki it never looks cake-y on me.

The shades run dark I think. I used the medium 0-2 shade (as suggested on the foundation matrix for NC20) and I usually use the lightest shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ashleyynicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product was ok. the coverage wasnt too good but thats expected from a pressed powder. i bought the darkest color that they carry & it made my face look pale. i liked the packaging though its really cute! & it didnt make me breakout. i wouldnt buy this again but i definately recommend this for someone with very light skin & doesnt need much coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Elliese7en

I actually hated this when i first bought it. I used it a couple of times and for some reason (i cant remember) i stopped and threw it to the back of my Make-up drawer. When i had my occasional cleaning, (throwing out old expired makeup, disinfecting) i came across it again, and at that time it was summer, so i thought I'd be a good alternative to heavy foundation. I didn't expect it to work magic, but i had it so instead of throwing it out, i thought i should try it again, and at least it'll get rid of the shine and oil.
    It was beautifully matte, made my face look like a doll's.
    My skin is pretty good so i don't need a lot of coverage.
    Now i love it. I think the swivel packaging is cute, but the little clip thing that is used to keep the package close, broke. So packaging could be a little more sturdy but as long as the product itself is this good, i would repurchase and/or recommend to a friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

OMG!!! I can not believe that I have been searching high and low and here it was all the time. This provides unbelievable coverage and it lasts several hours!!! I love the matte finish, too. I am not a huge foundation wearer, and this allows me to get away with it!! Love it!! Only thing is the shades run lighter, FYI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lena88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder was quite a surprise, I simply did not expect to like it as much as I liked my Clinique one, but I did and Iím not going back to expensive powders as long as this exists. I have it in the colour Medium 2-2.5 but I was disappointed that they didnít have a larger selection of colours, most of them being very light and I only had 4 colours to chose from where I bought it. This powder comes with an applicator that is not the best but I use it because itís easy to bring on the go. It doesnít keep me from being oily for hours, but nothing canít. For the price, the quality is great and Iíll probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by twistupgal

This is my favorite pressed powder; the only bad thing I can say is that I'm not fond of the compact. However, my make-up stays in place or 6+ hours and never gets cakey. Also, the palest shade is perfect for my fair skin. The finish on my face is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by dancerchickadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product. I don't absolutely hate it, but i don't absolutely love it. It keeps my t-zone matte for about four hours, then i have to reapply. I'd repurchase if I had no other options, but right now, I'll just finish up what i have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pro's: Packaging is great, gives a nice matte finish, controls shine, has good staying power, good coverage.

Con's: Can settle into lines, can look chalky, mine turns orange if I don't use the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse underneath it, if I reapply it it makes my blemishes stand out alot, applicator that it comes with isn't good for applying the product with, I've been told it makes me look older.

I only wear this if I'm just wearing tinted moisturiser or even just a regular moisturiser. I apply with a MAC 150 Brush because it seems to give me better coverage than using a pad/sponge and it doesn't settle into lines as much.