November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This remover is just as good as Lancome's Bifacil, except Neutrogena is less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

My mom uses this so last night when I was over there I tried it. This stuff works pretty good,I would buy this if my usual Ponds cold cream was out of stock in a store..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Wileycoyote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've never found the best makeup remover but this one is the best I've used. Removes makeup without alot of scrubbing and pulling.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hammevo

Pretty good so far, I don't have to rub as much and it takes it off fairly quick, I'm still looking for one that just melts my eye makeup off in an instant tho, but so far this will do. It's cheap and it doesn't leave my eye area greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by connie09

For removing makeup, this definitely did the job. however, it did leave a greasy film on my eyes, but it was easy to remove. I think it is a great alternative for the more expensive removers, because it does remove all eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by everfallen

I have used Lancome Bi Facil for years. I recently discovered this Neutrogena product on MUA, and decided to try it. I find it pretty much identical to Lancome's, except for the packaging. The lancome product has a much smaller opening so you don't pour too much out at once. But Neutrogena has a much smaller price tag. I will be buying this product from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by oxtinaxo

I give this product a 5 because it works great for me, i am heavy on the eye makeup and this stuff works just as good, if not better, than the clinique remover for eyes & lips which cost about 3 times as much. i get this for $5.69 at walmart which is in my budget. it is a bit oily but normally i wash my face AFTER i remove my makeup so thats not a big deal to me. i have major allergys and sensitive eyes and i have been using this for 6 months without any problems- i highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 9:41:00 AM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at Shoppers Drug Mart for 6.99 when it had their sale. I got like 4. If you want to get it, I suggest you go to walmart or zellers since its like I think $10 at walmart and $9 bucks at zellers. SDM has it priced at $13 ? They're always overpriced UNLESS they have salesss but bewareee sometimes their sales look good but when u go to walmart or zellers, you realize that its their USUAL price anyways. So ya. This works very well. Totally comparable to the Lancome makeup remover. SOOO MUCH cheaper... I totally recommend this. The only bad thing about this product is the product packaging. When you twist the cap off, there's no sifter or stopper or w.e its called. Just a big opening for you to pour the product out. This may result in spilling and losing a lot of product however this didn't happen to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

This was the first eye makeup remover I've ever bought, and because I know it works, for a long time I stuck with it. It's not a bad remover, honestly speaking. It has removed all my waterproof makeup/mascara no problem and relatively easily (In my opinion, a little easier than Sephora's version, though in both cases I have a wipe/scrub a little at my eyes to get everything off).

After trying my friend's Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil (the green one) though, I will never look at this thing ever again. On the other hand, the Shu Uemura oil is also a good 7-8x more expensive. XD

One of the major con is that despite its name (oil free) it quite clearly got a thick layer of oil in it. Or maybe it's not oil. I'm not sure what it is, but when left alone for a while, the two layers of liquid clearly separates with the bottom liquid resembling oil. When used with a cotton pad to get my eye makeup off, it also definitely leaves an oily feeling residue as well, which was relatively difficult to wash off. I eventually developed the process of using this to remove eye make up, then hop in the shower and use my facial soap to remove any residue.

The good thing is, despite teh $10 price label (which imo is pretty high), it definitely last quite a while. Compared to the Sephora waterproof makeup remover that I've tried (which is also $10), this Neutrogena version lasts about twice or maybe even three times as long. Some drugstores even have it for $7 or $8 instead of $9.99, which makes it not a too bad remover for its price.

It's not something I'm going to be purchasing again, but for all intents and purposes, it definitely did its job. If you're a beginner at makeup, or just in need of a new but cheap makeup remover to try (and know that it definitely would work) then this is a pretty good choice.

EDIT: so after a quick jaunt at Shu oil, i realized that thing is making my eyes flaky, and after some experiementation with other brands, i'm back at this again. -_-;;; so whatever the case is, this remover is great for sensitive skin/eyes. compared to the others i've used, this is one of the few that have yet to give some part of my face problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by rckprincess001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well i initially had to change all the wonderful things i was planning to say after reviewing some of the others comments and realising that they were similar to mine! Yes, the remover is greasy although it claims to be oil free, but if you wash your face afterward it takes care of that. As for its ability to actually work, it was able to take off light things, like shadows and some eye liners, and a bit of mascara. but overall it was nothing special. and after reading the review stating that it made their lashes seem less thick, i was through! i thought it was just the oily film left over on the lashes that made them appear less full. after that, i would never refer this product to anyone.