Maybelline Fit Me Foundation (renamed to Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth)

3.1

(Active Ingredient : Octinoxate 7%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone /- (CI 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)
This foundation has been renamed from Fit Me to Fit Me Dewy and Smooth

From Maybelline website March 11, 2015:

Fit Me® foundation has a new look for its same great hydrating formula!
Hydrates, smoothes skin texture and matches natural tone for a luminous, seamless finish.
For Normal to Dry Skin. SPF 18*
*Excluding shades 330 and 360

on 10/27/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product to hold me over until I could buy my regular foundation which is M.A.C. This product is horrible, I was expecting it to last long and it didnt. Firstly the transferring is horrid. It gets everywhere, I work in an office and when I'm off the phone it gets all over it. The foundation is very streaky, and dull on the skin. Even when adding powder it still managed to be very oily. I would not buy this again! Definitely a total waste.

on 10/26/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

ii love love love this product.. I work in a beauty store and this foudation recently came out, i end up going mad when theres a new foundation out!! Dream matte mousse colours dont suit me so i was curious to see if this would suit me. Im amazed how the colour suited me, i apply a tiny bit on and it covers my whole face.. It lasts for a long time so thats a bonus. The packaging is very nice, the pump doesnt release alot which is a benefit.. I advise everyone to use this!! :)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It's ironic that this line is called "Fit me" yet, as with all Maybelline foundations, they don't have my shade. I am fair and usually the lightest color but Maybelline's lightest ivory always tends to be pinkish and I am not pink whatsoever. And if I go up then it's just too dark. I said I wouldn't repurchase this product but I actually might.. ONLY because of the price. I think it was around $5, but you definitely get what you pay for. I find it to be very oily and sticky afterwards, which is okay for me because I have dry skin, but I warn anyone with oily skin to avoid this product. It definitely requires a powder over it. And as everyone else has mentioned it does not last very long. It oxidizes and changes color, after an hour or so it fades and becomes a dingier color and seeps into your fine lines (mine kinda looked like I had dirt on my face) which is terrible for dry skin as it accentuates your dryness. So really it's not very good for either skin types. When it comes to drugstore just be aware, if it's below $10 it most likely really stinks lol

on 10/24/2012 5:23:00 AM

I found this product excellent at first. The price is great, the packaging is sleek and the application is easy.

It's downfall is the longevity. After an hour or so my skin was super oily and the product had absorbed into my skin.

I wouldn't buy again (mainly because it's still sitting in my drawer so if I got desperat it's still there)

on 10/24/2012 4:59:00 AM

Okay. I bought this product because it was fairly cheap (around $17 here in Australia). I normally use the ivory/buff colours in foundation as I have fair skin. Anyway, this foundation. I hated it! Its kind of watery, it goes on alright though. I wore it for a couple of hours and it made my skin super oily, and it made me break out! Oh and the coverage is minimal! :( When I used it with my Lancome LaBase Pro primer, it went blotchy and horrible and dried before I had even finished applying it! Would not recommend to people like me who have blemishes and oily/combination skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a total foundation dipstick. I decided my moisturizer+powder combo wasn't working at 40+, but every time I went into a drugstore I was like AUUUGGGHHH. Because the rows and rows of bottles (Matte! Mousse! Doublestay! Longwear! Luminous!!) would send me scurrying in the opposite direction. All those types of foundations, finishes, and, of course, the rainbow of all the pinky / yellow / neutral shades and colors! Yer killing me!

I asked a friend what color and what foundation worked for her. Which, in retrospect, was a total derp as she's a pinky redhead with oily skin and I'm a yellowy brunette with dry skin and a mildly oily T-zone. Ah well. You learn.

So she told me she guessed I was shade 210, with a caveat for maybe going a shade or two darker in summer as I tan like no one's business. I smugly purchased my bottle (dayum, THAT was easy) for about $8.00, went home and proceeded to play.

Well, the hole in the top lets you just pour that stuff out like glugging a soda. I wiped off most of it, and proceeded to apply it with my fingers. I'm sure you can imagine how it went from there. Quit laughing! My momma never taught me how to use makeup, and believe it or not, I JUST learned how to apply eyeliner properly to my top lids a year ago (I always thought you put on the eyeliner THEN all of your eyeshadow, and wondered why I coldn't see it. Stop laughing!)

Fast forward a few months (and a switchup during summer to shade 230, as 220 is too pink for me) and several attempts to use this foundation. My conclusions, in easy-to-read point form, are below:

- Even if you have dry skin, this stuff will leave you looking greasy. In winter, my skin is dry as a bone, but I still look greasy after using this. This is supposed to be a dewy finish, but it's not dewy or fresh looking. It's just greaseball.
- Fingers, sponge, stippling brush...meh. Still a bad finish. Never really sinks into skin, just sits on top.
- I know! I'll soak it up with powder! After trying five different kinds (Coty, Physician's, Revlon, WnW, and lol Chanel) , I found that the powder soaks up the grease...for a short while....but also cakes in my lines and wrinkles. Yuck.
- Disappears after three or four hours, even over a good primer and set with powder. But leaves a weird shine. The hell?
- Transfers onto shirt collars, hubby's face, you know, whatever it touches. Even after set with...etc., etc., etc.

On the good side:
- Doesn't give me zits, even if I've had it on for 12+ hours.
- Doesn't smell funky.
- Even though it LOOKS greasy, it feels very lightweight and non-suffocating.
- Color match was great! I even bring my bottle with me now when I'm trying to match other foundations. Maybelline Mousse Oompa Loompa *$&@ing oxidation notwithstanding. But the color-match was spot-on.

All over, not terribly expensive but not exactly what I had in mind for a foundation when I go to town or go out for dinner. I'll keep looking, but after this and my latest Maybelline fiasco, I'm getting gun shy about foundation purchases. All that money I could spend (if MUA is any indication) and just be disappointed. Why is this so hard for makeup companies to get RIGHT????

on 10/23/2012 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

EDIT: Okay, so when you change your opinion, I always feel like you need to be honest. This is one of those times that I'm definitely changing my opinon.

My skin is stil oily but I tried this product once again as my during the week product but layered it over MOM as a primer as well as POREfessional by Benefit and I am much happier. It could be that this product performs better in the cool weather months which I have seen with products from time to time but I now recommend it based on the change in my skin and usage of other primers during the wintry months.

ORIGINAL: I purchased this product since my standard $50 NARS Sheer Matte was not in the budget and I was absolutely not prepared to run out, so I guess I should preface by saying, I'm used to an expensive, high grade foundation and haven't used a DS brand in a long time.

If you have oily skin, avoid this product at all cost! I am not familiar with the normal presentation of gel products but this one created an oil slick effect and initiated a hellish "breakout" period.

The only saving grace was when I paired it with a M.O.M. prepped face, it then applied smoothly and gave the effect I'm sure it was supposed to give but I want a product that doesn't require so much effort for every wear.

on 10/21/2012 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry to normal skin and this product works wonders. Even in the heat stays on. I live in the desert and even in 115 weather it doesn't move. I originally bought this product cause it has a yellow undertone which hides my super red undertone. I say this is a more medium coverage and I wouldn't suggest building this to full because it does have a dewy finish. However a little goes a long way and it MUST be set with a powder like any foundation does. I do at times need to touch up but not a big deal. This product is def not for oily skin it'll just enhance the oil. Gives a healthy shine to dry skin though. It's a bang for your buck for sure. I will buy this product again

on 10/20/2012 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Wow, this product is just...so terrible. Before I jump into my rant, I guess I should give Maybelline some credit and say what it does right...
The color selection- I'm deathly pale, yet somehow it matches me flawlessly. It was also very moisturizing.
However...
This just sucks. My skin is very VERY dry, but I look like an oil slick after applying this foundation. Tried to stop it with the Fit Me powder...nothing. Just cakiness and an odd appearance overall. I also have terrible acne and redness and this did nothing to cover it. So I brought in the Fit Me concealer...again, nothing. Overall, the Fit Me line is just a waste. It will do nothing for your skin, unless it's flawless to begin with, but if it is, what are you wearing foundation for? It's a shame it's such a terrible line, given how extensively it's been promoted.

on 10/18/2012 11:14:00 PM

Okay first of all, i really never liked maybelline because it tends to make the face a tad bit oily. I've been using Revlon Color Stay foundation, great product but i have a Yellow undertone, and Revlon like many drug store products have that pinky undertone... Anyways, so i checked the Maybelline isle once again after 3 yrs and figured id give this foundation a try.... found the exact same foundation tone that i am and the price was great! YES it gives a dewy finish, but the trick is to use a small bit of primer, and i use the "Stay Matte" setting powder by Rimmel it works like a charm! I actually love it! I do touch up like once throughout the day, but i don't really care, it makes my face look flawless and smooth! Oh and its light weight on my face! And trust me i was scared and skeptical about the product aswell but I've been using it for a couple of weeks and its still good. HOPE THIS HELPED!(;

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: MAYBELLINE 360 FIT ME FOUNDATION REVIEW (MOCHA MOCHA) by Felicia Mesadieu

Maybelline FIT ME Foundation & Concealer in 355 [Product Review] by DaintyBrownGirl