April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Quite happy with this product, purchased it in Ivory and Classic Ivory.

Goes on sheer but gives quite good natural coverage.

My skin didn't feel heavy or cakey like some foundations can leave you. Quite moisturising and didn't settle into my lines, I felt fresh faced all day.

A little bit of setting powder and I was good to go.

The only thing I don't like is the bottle, there is no control and too much product pour out as this is quite a thin fluid and you really don't need too much product on your face. I hate waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's Fit Me! Foundation is a sheer coverage foundation that "lets the real you come through". This is my first Maybelline foundation, and only my third one ever, so please excuse me if this isn't my best review. This dermatologist, oil free foundation is available in 18 shades, which is a wide selection by drugstore standards. Every shade is promised to match natural tones, and features SPF 18. Unfortunately, Maybelline products are tested on animals, so please keep that in mind when choosing their products. Maybelline does not list where this product was manufactured. I purchased my 1 fl oz bottle at Ulta for $7.99, but I've seen this foundation priced as low as $5.50. I have the slightest shade, 110, Porcelain.
Packaging for Fit Me Foundation is pretty simple, but not exceptionally functional. There's no pump or any other type of dispenser, you just pour it out on to the back of your hand or a palette. That has the potential to be messy, wasteful, and unhygienic. The packaging is pretty plain, but looks ok. A rectangular, clear glass bottle that isn't bulky, but doesn't feel too fragile either. The twist on cap is made of black plastic. The Fit Me logo and number of the shade are both stickers, which tend to peel up at the side, making the product look cheap.
Fit Me applies pretty well. My preferred method of applying this particular foundation is with a dampened cosmetic wedge, but I've also used a foundation brush. A dollop a little bit larger than an american quarter is enough to cover my whole face, neck, and if needed, my ears. When applied with a damp sponge, this foundation blends flawlessly, as promised. However, when applied with a foundation brush, it didn't blend well, and looked quite streaky. Honestly, I think it was the brush's fault.
The finish of of Fit Me foundation is lovely. It's a sheer to light coverage foundation, but its fairly buildable. Despite it's sheerness, Fit Me provides surprisingly good coverage. I recommend pairing it with Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer, as it has a very similar texture to Fit Me and they blend together perfectly. Fit Me has a beautiful, glowy, dewy, yet natural finish that makes skin look healthy and youthful, without appearing greasy or oily. Because of the sheer nature of Fit Me, it won't make your skin look flawless, but it will even out your complexion, brighten it, and mask any minor imperfections.
I can comfortably say 110 is the best, closest color match I have ever had. It matches my skin tone perfectly,so well that I have a hard time seeing where I've applied foundation and where I haven't. The dewiness gives it away though. I compared it to my beloved BYS Age Defying Foundation, which I previously thought was a near perfect match, and it looks at least half a shade darker in comparison. There's something so satisfying about finding your perfect color match. It makes me wonder how Maybelline was able to capture my skin tone in a way that no other company has (except Rimmel). Porcelain ought to be renamed after me, or at least have it's number replaced by my favorite number.
Fit Me wears pretty well under normal circumstances. I'd say I get about 8 hours of wear from it without a primer. I can't comment how it wears with a face primer, as I don't have one, but I am meaning to get one. In those 8 hours I have no wear issues like settling into lines or pores, and certainly no caking at all. The dewiness does tend to mattify after a couple hours though. Removal is no problem at all. A quick swipe of a face wipe, or just washing your face should remove just about all of this foundation. Your toner should take care of any remaining residue, not that there will be much.
I've read a lot of negative reviews for Maybelline's Fit Me, saying that it causes break outs, irritation, some even go as far as to say it ruins their skin. I haven't suffered any such adverse effects, but my skin does seem a tad more oily than it was before I started using this foundation. Maybe I would have worse results if I wore this on a daily basis, but I just can't be bothered to wear foundation every day. Perhaps if you have naturally oily, acne prone, and/or sensitive skin, you should avoid this foundation, but personally I don't find it as damaging as some reviews would lead you to believe.
One quick note is that Fit Me doesn't have a strong, gross smell like some foundations. I has that "makeup smell", but at least it isn't perfumed, or smell like buttered popcorn.
I really like Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation. Mostly because, as the name of the product implies, it really does fit me. Porcelain (110) is like my skin tone in a bottle. This foundation gives just the right about of coverage, with a natural, dewy glow. Best of all, this foundation is extremely affordable, and available is a good variety of colors, so just about everyone can enjoy it, provided you have the right skin type. I'll likely repurchase this foundation when I finish this bottle up.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by gabbyy143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

when i first put this on it gave my face a velvet feeling so i thought it would be ok. i have oily skin and this just made my skin look worse. after a few hours it looks and feels a like cakey. the packaging is terrible and the products just drips out everywhere. the coverage is alright but i would not recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by XOXkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

YUCK! This is by far the worst foundation. It felt heavy at first, and it made my face super oily (and i have dry skin). Within an hour, this stuff had melted off of my face leaving streaks behind. Not only that, but it made my face break out in these nasty little white heads. i wouldn't recommend this to anyone, especially those prone to breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mdelaney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this foundation way too light and it did not give me much coverage at all. My skin is mainly, uneven and I have dark circles under my eyes, which this foundation did not cover.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i have this in 110,i was hoping that this could be the liquid makeup i was looking for.

PROS:
Blends into skin tone perfectly
Smells okay

CONS:
Makes skin really oily within two hours

although i like the shape of the makeup,i hate this foundation,and i will NEVER buy this again,ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in 310 and 315
315 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too dark for my nc40 skin
and 310 is like the perfect shade..

Pros
- coverage is pretty good for my acne-free but uneven skin
- gives me a gorgeous glow
- lasting power is pretty good (i don't have oily skin..its REALLLLLY DRY)

My tips:
use a setting powder with it, I use dream matte powder, and it worked WONDERS
use a 1 shade lighter concealer prior to foundation, for a natural undereye area
Use with a primer..(I use Hardcandy)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product but it makes me oily :(

PROS:
Easy to apply
Very Light
Looks nice at first
Doesnt break me out

CONS:
Makes you oily for about an hour
It is transferable! and youll be looking oily (lol)

**I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS AS MY NECK MAKE UP** (lol)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by mayr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the shade 220 last year when I was much tanner (mistake right there) and by the time it got to winter, it was too dark. My skin gets really oily around my nose and forehead, and this foundation cannot stay on! It doesn't hide any of my problem spots and turns slightly orangey after about a couple of hours of wear. So by the end of the day, I've got on foundation that looks like it's coming off in two shades too dark for me with an orange twist.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have samples of the shades of this and tried them- 125 was too light, 130 was perfect, 135 was a good 2nd choice more cool toned. i'm going to buy the 130 and update wear, coverage etc...