January 30, 2015 | 1796 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation (Dewy + Smooth)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after returning Revlon Colorstay because the lightest shade was too dark for me. I've been feeling like I need a liquid foundation for special occasions/nights out (I've used minerals for about 6 or so yrs now). This foundation in the lightest shade (110, I believe) is an okay match for me, not perfect, but better than any other drugstore foundation, at least, so I have to give it a few lippies just for that. Unfortunately, I didn't much care for the consistency or the formulation of this foundation. It's thin, with very little coverage, seems to slip around forever instead of blending into the skin and settling, and it caught on/highlighted any little flakies that I had. I tried applying it a few different ways, but it just doesn't work for me. Back to CVS. I'll be sticking to my mineral makeup. If it ain't broke, as they say...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Heather001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for a while now, and it's an okay product. It smoothes out and evens your skin tone well, and matches your skin perfectly. The coverage isn't too great though, does not cover redness well. You'll definitely need some sort of setting powder because this does not dry at all! I bought it for about $11 and I don't think it was worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by bandgeek94

It's the best foundation I've used so far. It has nice coverage and doesn't get cake or orange. It's great on my sensitive skin. I have no complaints :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

Good coverage, last longer then other drug store foundations I have used. It's not an absolute hg but it does a good job.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by happifayce

I didn't like this foundation. It was the cheapest foundation at my CVS, that's why I bought it. The coverage of this is one tiny step up from a tinted moisturizer. I like full coverage. If you are looking for a tinted moisturizer, you may like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by imaginethepassion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the only thing i'll say i like about this product is that it does what it's meant to: fits right to your skin tone. however, it caused me a great deal of frustration due to the fact that it made me break out many, many times. it doesn't give a whole lot of coverage, but i don't think it's meant to. i would not ever buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by julienowen

I orignally bought this product cause it was on sale for $5 bucks at Walmart. (It's usually about $6-7) And I must say, for the price that it is, it's a pretty good foundation, its really blendable and I find it applys best with a foundation brush rather than with fingers or a sponge. There are a huge range of colors and it's a medium coverage with a dewy finish.

Cons; It kinda clogs my pores
&packaging is horrible, can't really control how much product comes out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by JennaDearest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a high-end foundation user for years, I was always skeptical to even touch drug store foundations. My NC35 skin tends to be quite dry, with very rare breakouts, and quite prominent olive tones. I found this at my local Walmart for about $5 USD and after getting a shade match via Temptalia's amazing foundation matrix, I took home shade 220 Natural Beige. As other reviewers have mentioned, the finish on this is VERY dewy. For my skin, I found this to actually be a good thing since none of my dry patches were emphasized, but I do always use a translucent setting powder to make sure it won't slide off. The coverage leans more towards the light/medium side with some space to build it up. A plus is that the foundation is extremely easy to blend and since I prefer not to extend my foundation too far past my jaw, I'm never left with a mask-like appearance. I'll continue to use my current bottle and if I ever need a budget foundation again, this would be my first option.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by aliciaeriksson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Horrible foundation for anything but a normal skintype, I'd say. I have mixed skin and the result didn't even look good when my makeup was newly done. I used a foundation brush and had to smooth it out with my fingers since brush strokes were clearly visable.
The result isn't matte at all, it actually looks kind of greasy and my powder didn't stay put upon it for more than an hour.

Coverage was OK but no more than that, you'll need concealer if you have any redness or blemishes.

Also I found it hard to find a colour that suited me and even though I chose the lightest one it turned out to be too dark for me. I'm pale but not deathly pale.

So no, I wouldn't recommend this foundation. I can imagine it being ok/good for someone with perfectly normal skin (no blemishes, no dry areas etc), but I doubt it would look really good on anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by serebow56

So Ive been using this foundation for a month already and Im not liking it at all. These are the reasons : This make me feel like im wearing oil with tint ,on my face. It doesnt even dry it stays super ,"liquidy" all day.and l if someone or something touches your face the make up will come off. and its super oily and it makes your face look super shiny. I have tried reducing the shine with powder, but it just looks super cakey . It also doesnt last and doesnt give you a good amount of coverage. I have oily combination skin. and this foundation is horrible on oily skin because it just adds more oil. I would only recomend this to people with normal or dry skin.