August 1, 2014 | 1237 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jazzedbutterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a 4 because it gives me break outs.

I love to use it on my hair before I wash it. But I don't recommend using it as a cleanser on your face. I am not acne prone but this really clogs my pores.

I use it on my eyes and its great for an overnight moisturizing treatment.

I wouldn't be without this product... but it still gives me breakouts.

I'm 19 with not acne prone skin but i can get an occasional break out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I researched this on Medline and read that jojoba oil (actually it's a wax, not that such a distinction means anything) is the natural product that's the closest in composition/moisturizing abilities to human sebum. Cool, right? Well, maybe. I tried it as a moisturizer, with my moisturizer, with my cleanser, mixed with water, spritzed and patted and massaged and all kinds of craziness. Didn't do a thing for my very dry skin. Phooey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by tambien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin that won't last more than a couple of hours without blotting. Regardless, I still need a moisturizer and this is the best I've found that helps to balance out my skin and not break me out. (I'm also acne-prone.) I use only a drop to moisturize, wait a couple of minutes for it to sink in, and then blot any excess with a tissue. I've tried other oils for moisturizers, and I love how this one doesn't have any kind of oily scent to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by laughinggnome

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the lightest, most satisfying moisturizer I've found. It isn't greasy, and it moisturizes my normal-slightly oily skin perfectly. The price is low and it's organic... perfect combination!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Lovingchu

I thought i would give Dessert Essence Jojoba oil a try since there were many great reviews on MUA. I loved it for the first week of using this product it seemed to give me a clear moisturized skin when i normally get dry patches on my cheeks. But by the second week of using it I started to break out big time. I read that its just my skin purging itself so i gave it 2 more weeks OMG that was the worst Idea ever It took about a month after using this product for my skin to get back to its normal state. I only use this product in the winter for my arms and legs to keep them extra moisturized durning the cold and dry season. I wanted this to work but sadly not on my face..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 3:53:00 AM More reviews by AquaMermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this about a month ago to use as a moisturizer for my super dry skin based on all the great reviews here. So far I'm very happy with it. It's the perfect moisturizer for my dry skin. It absorbs quickly leaving my skin feeling so silky and soft, but I have to use it 2-3 times a day on the flaky patches to keep them away all day. One issue I did have is that a week or so after I began using it, I started to break out really badly, though I'm not sure if this is the cause or not. Either way, I started using a lot of acne products to treat it and my skin became very irritated and even more flaky, and the jojoba oil was the only thing that my skin would tolerate. My normal cream made it feel worse, but the jojoba oil felt very soothing, so I continued to use it. Now my acne is starting to clear up, so hopefully I won't break out again. Since getting it, I've found so many other wonderful uses for this. It makes a great massage oil and moisturizers my whole body, getting rid of my itching winter skin. I also use it on my lips, under my lip balm and I put it in my hair before I take a shower for extra conditioning. It's really an amazing, multi use product. I just wish it came in a larger size and a different bottle (the oil seems the leak out of my bottle and get all over the place) but the price is really great for such a useful product. I was wondering if all jojoba oil is the same, of if this brand is better than others. If anybody knows, please let me know. And thanks to everybody on MUA for all the great reviews. I never would have found this otherwise. I would definitely this to others. It's a fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cargrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have been using jojoba oil for years as an under eye and lip moisturizer. dessert essence is very affordable and i purchase from trader joe's. i attribute staving off of crows feet around my eyes from using jojoba oil. it is actually a wax but is called an oil. i love it and will never stop using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very complicated skin. It's hyper-sensitive and lately everything hurts. So I started cleansing with oils and using oils as my moisturizers. WOW, What a difference a week makes. I'm using this stuff for everything, face, hair, nails and body. I'm not itching, flaking and mostly...no reaction or bad reaction.

Cleansing with oils is a trial and error thing. Some like EVOO. Well, it broke me out. so now I'm using a blend of jojoba, Grape seed and Sweet almond oil. I put it on about 10 minutes before I just in the shower, massage the heck out of my face and use a steamy wash cloth to wipe it off. Clean as a whistle and all my makeup is gone. I got so much makeup off, I couldn't believe it. I have dry skin in the winter and there's no need to use soap afterward. But I did use a mild soap on my t-zone only after oil washing. Jojoba is very similar to the sebum in our skin. Which makes it perfect for normal to dry types and some combo folks.

If you are currently on acne regimen, this may make your skin worse before it gets better. People who pile on chemicals become hyper sensitive, I know because I was one of those folks. I'm trying to re focus on the basics and use only paraben free natural products. I like the jojoba oil because it sinks into my skin without feeling greasy. It's also as a great pre-washing oil for your hair. I massage it into my scalp and sit in a steamy shower with a hot rag on my head. Then wash with a Sulfate free shampoo and a organic hair conditioner. My hair is beautiful, shiny and bouncy afterward. I've decided to buy large bottles of jojoba from now on because I went through the bottle of Desert Essence rather quickly.

It also makes a great massage oil just add essential oils!

s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by mercymercyme

As I have pared down my skincare routine, I've found Jojoba oil to be really indispensible. I have tried it as a cleanser for a few days and was pretty disappointed to break out shortly thereafter, so I no longer use it in that capacity. However, I add 3 or 4 drops (buy a dropper! Droppers are cheap and you won't regret it!) to my Eucerin 30SPF moisturizer every morning (with 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil as well) and it makes this once difficult-to-spread, non-absorptive lotion truly silky and moisturizing. it saved this high-SPF lotion for me! At night, after cleansing and toning, I moisturize with a spritz of toner, 4 drops of TTO, and 4 drops of Jojoba, warmed by my palms and massaged into my face. Then, I rub 1 drop of jojoba oil between my two ring fingers and pat/gently rub it into my eye area. That's it. Simple, no additives, nothing. As I mentioned in my review of TTO, I really don't think I'd be comfortable putting a ton of unidentifiable chemicals and additived onto my face anymore, especially at night. Other times, a Q-tip with a dab of jojoba oil is perfect for cleaning up little makeup mistakes, like mascara flakes on the cheek or smeared eyeliner, for example.

Since I've started using jojoba oil (which is, however, the same time that I started using the apple cider vinegar/green tea toner, aspirin mask, TTO, honey, and cetaphil, so I can't truly pinpoint which has made the most difference), my skin has really, really improved. I moved from a highly humid climate to a superdry one. I also discovered MUA a little after my move, which has been seriously indispensible in helping me figure out what to do with my skin and revamping my routine to suit my environment. Jojoba has proven a real gem.

In addition to face care, though, I also apply a little to the ends of my hair, which can be unruly (I know, I need a trim). ALSO, Jojoba saved my favorite leather boots! I didn't treat them before I wore them, so they'd been acquiring scuffs and water stains and I've been increasingly careless with them. However, one day I had had enough of how mottled they looked, and decided - well, if they're stained in a few places, might as well stain them everywhere, to even things out! So doused some cotton pads with jojoba oil and applied it uniformly to both boots. Voila! It did darken them, but only a shade or two .It evened out their tone, and I went home in a surprise snowstorm - with no visible damage to the boots at all. I then read that Jojoba oil has long been used as a leather treatment.

Great stuff.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ujinyoon

nuts. I hoped that this would be a good moisturizer/ make up remover. It stings my face, leaves it red and sensitive and flakey. I accidently put dabbed some on my lips while moisturizing the skin around it, and my lips felt very dry and flakey within 30 minutes.