December 20, 2014 | 881 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thank you MUA peers for introducing this product. OMG this is one my my HGs now-- I use it for two purposes and it satisfies both.
1) Hair: My hair had been processed and bleached/dyed so that when I used to comb my hair, the teeth would get stuck and I wouldn't be able to brush it all the way through without repeatedly trying to untangle my hair. At first I tried using the J.Oil like a mask in the shower, but I realized that it would clump my hair together the next morning since it would leave a residue. Now, I wait until after I shampoo&condition, get out of the shower and towel dry my hair, and then I put just a dime size in my palm and rub my hands together and gently rub the ends of my hair that are dry. The next morning, my ends are not frazzled like they should be, and I can comb through easily. J.Oil definitely improved the quality of my hair.
2) Skin: I love the way J.Oil doesn't leave a residue or clogs my the skin... I have sensitive/oily skin, and before using this, I would never dare to touch anything else. Now, after I wash my face with cetiphil every night, I will take a dime size in my hands, and get a massage session going on my face with it (so relaxing after a long day of work!), then rinse thoroughly with hot/warm water so that my pores open. Then I use my toner, and instead of using my regular day moisturizer, I apply a thin (note: very very thin) layer of the oil on my skin before I sleep. The next morning, after I wash my face, it is so soft as it absorbed all the oil that it needed. Then I just follow with my regular day moisturizer... and my skin is less oily now, trust me I know b/c I used to use like 10 pieces of the oil absorbing papers per day, and now I can get by with 4 to 5.
All in all, I love this product... price, quality, and performance.. love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

After having a horrible experience with olive oil, and reading wonderful things about jojoba oil, I purchased an 8oz. bottle at the local Whole Foods and I've been in love ever since! I don't know if this is a moisturizer or equalizer (if there is such a thing). My 30-something skin was all over the place and over the past month with jojoba oil, it's positively luminous! My crows feet are disappearing, my T-zone is becoming pretty neutral, my cheeks are no longer dry - AND my acne prone chin is totally clear. In other words, I now have normal skin! I put the oil in a dropper bottle because it would dispense a little too much in the original packaging, but other than that, I'm hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Sharyg1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG!!!! Where has this been all my life? Thanks so much Makeupalley, I would have never tried this if I hadn't found these reviews. First of all I've never tried Dessert Essence brand.I bought mine on Ebay, I got a 16 oz bottle of organic Jojoba oil for about $16 including shipping. It has lasted me forever. I'm in my early 30's now and my skin was going crazy on me. I have sensitive combination skin that is acne prone. Not crazy acne but it does break out kind of ez. I had developed this dry, rough, flaky patches of skin on the apple of my cheeks, which was crazy since my skin was always oily in that area. Well no matter what I put on it, it would not go away. I did manage to make it better by using Neutrogena's facial peel. But the dryness would be back in a few days.

Well, not only are the patches 100% gone, but my skin is beautiful and super soft. I decided to try puting it on my hair on days when I wear my hair curly instead of blow drying and flat ironing. I have very curly freezie hair (Which no one would ever know). In order for me to wear it curly I have to put tons of differenct products on it, just to keep it from turning into a fro. Well I decided to just put Jojoba oil on it and let it air dry. OMG!! my hair turned out beautifull, soft, and totally frizz free. I can't believe it. All this years spending all that money and all I needed it was this. At $16 a bottle it might seem expensive, but considering the amount I got, how long it lasts and the results I get, is a steal!!!

I do not get break outs from this, and I break out easly.I have discovered that the problem is not the Jojoba. Jojoba is not an oil, is actually a wax, and is the closest thing to you natural skin oils. If this breaks you out, chances are you are not cleansing your skin properly. You must use a good toner. Or use a great cleanser. Lamas Beauty Radiant C face and body wash is the best. It is a cleanser, toner, and body wash all in one. It is sulfate free and Vegan. Cleanses deeply without drying and it lasts forever. All you need to clean your face is a pea size amount. NO KIDING!!! If I use it just on my face, it lasts me about 5 months. It is exellent for sensitive, acne prone, and rosacea skin. It is expensive at $14 plus shipping, but since it lasts for ever it is totally worth it. I buy more than one to save on shipping. You can get it at Lamasbeauty.com, and if you enter the coupon code EARTHSAVE, at the check out page you get a 20% discount. Or if you have a Wild Oats in your area you can buy it there. If you are looking for the best cleanser in the world!! Give this a try, you won't regret it. Oh, and you have 30 days to return it, but believe me, you won't. Nothing cleanses better.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by aidenraine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this jojoba oil primarily when my skin gets chapped. When I get a cold and wind up blowing my nose a lot, the skin on my nose gets really dry and flaky. Putting a little jojoba oil around my nose helps very quickly. It's also good to bathe in when my skin gets itchy, and doesn't require very many drops. This is a high quality jojoba oil and has never given me any breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lb07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am finally reviewing this product after about 1-3 months use. At first i had my doubts about this cause i had a breakout but that could have been from something else. Some ppl have said they brokeout the first week or two so this might be the case with some users of jojoba. Also... I had to put this in a glass bottle w/ dropper cause the original bottle was gettting too messy and too much would come out.

Ok now back to the jojoba oil!! There are many uses... such as face cleanser, eye m/u remover, moisturizer, hair oil, etc. For my face, I would use a few drops to take off eye makeup then cleanse with cetaphil mixed with about a drop or two of jojoba oil. I find doing this keeps my skin from being dried out. This winter has wrecked havoc on my skin!!!! I also started tryin this around my eyes cause i noticed some lines. I would put a drop between my fingers and then rub together to warm up then pat around the eye area gently. It also works great as a facial moisturizer. I wanted to start using more natural products and this one fits the bill. I also noticed that "glow" that everyone is talkin about!! Its like a natural flush/glow that looks very healthy. Another perk from using jojoba!!

For my body here are some ways I have been using it.... a few drops mixed in with body lotion then slather on, my hands have been REALLY dry and cracked in this cold weather so what i would do is moisten my hands with water then add about 3 drops then rub together. My hands are left soft and not at all slick or greasy. Water really helps with the absorption of jojoba oil. Sometimes I would put straight jojoba on my legs after i get out of the shower and im left with soft, silky legs. I would definetly repurchase when i run out!

Here is a suggestion: Buy a glass bottle with dropper. This makes it so much easier to dispense and measure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by rubyred719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this oil because of MUA reviews and what they used it for, and I was very curious if it would help my very fizzy, dry hair. So I picked one up at the closest Trader Joe's store and brought it home. I was so excited about this oil hoping that I would finally find something that would moisturize my skin and hair..and you know what? I finally did! This stuff works like a charm! I use this as a day and night moisturizer for my face and around my sensitive eyes and I've noticed that the fine lines around my eyes that I used to notice and worry about when I looked in the mirror have finally disappeared! I know this oil is the one responsible for making my hair feel and look great also! My hair is so manageable, soft, sleek, and shiny that I wished I had bought this oil a long long time ago! For those who want to know how I use this oil this is my way: 1 tsp of oil and mix it in 1/4 cup water..use that to moisturize and clean my face. I use 1 tbsp of oil in 1 bottle of conditioner (I use this on any conditioner, I'm using this now on Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Conditioner). You can also use your fingertip to apply this oil only on dry areas of your face if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin so that you can test your face out first on this product without causing breakouts. Also I recommend using this around the eyes to moisturize it well. This really works! The skin around the eye area is the most sensitive part of the face and so you must take care of it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If your skin has the tendency to break out because it's sensitive, stay away from this product! It will just oil up your face, grease up your pores and your skin will suffer. :( I had little itchy white bumps on my skin for 3 days after using this product. :( Will never use again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I did not buy this brand because I'm in Australia.

I bought a v. small bottle of 100% pure jojoba oil ( pretty steep at $11). And used it to cleanse and moisturize my face.

I have had experience with the Oil CLeansing Method before, except that I used EVOO and Castor oil. I think that clogged my pores because it was too heavy. I have also used DHC Cleansing Oil.

Jojoba oil is very runny and light, and it glides on my skin smoothly. First I steam my face by draping on a damp hot facewasher on my face. Then I cleansed (massaged) my face and I could feel bits coming out of my pores. This happened too with my past OCM experiences but this time I think the bits came out more easily.

Then I rubbed off the oil and the gunk with the facewasher, did this a couple of times to ensure all the dirty oil is washed away. Then I follow with my toner. Generally I don't add anymore to moisturize because a lot of the oil is still left. But if my skin is particularly dry I'll massage a little bit of extra oil in.

2 days in and I think my skin is looking better. I have been using DHC cleansing oil but I think this works better. Also I'm using this in conjunction with the Apple Cider Vinegar toner, so maybe that;s helping as well.

I have known for a long time about the effectiveness of OCM, but I have not found the right oil yet. So maybe jojoba is the right oil for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I have naturally curly hair and when it gets too dry I use this. I also use this out of the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had no acne previously and this made me break out :( I used this at night as a moisturizer for 5 days- I would rub a couple of drops onto my skin after doing the oil cleansing method. I never saw any difference in my skin when I woke up, except for the 6th day when there were these little rough red raised bumps on my nose, which I have never got before in my life, or anything similar. It seems like it's a patch of clogged pores because they won't turn into whiteheads or cystic pimples or anything..just raised bumps and they won't go away :( I also had 4 small pimples, which could be hormonal, but I haven't got any breakouts on my period in months so I don't know.