October 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

If your skin has the tendency to break out because it's sensitive, stay away from this product! It will just oil up your face, grease up your pores and your skin will suffer. :( I had little itchy white bumps on my skin for 3 days after using this product. :( Will never use again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 6:33:00 PM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I did not buy this brand because I'm in Australia.

I bought a v. small bottle of 100% pure jojoba oil ( pretty steep at $11). And used it to cleanse and moisturize my face.

I have had experience with the Oil CLeansing Method before, except that I used EVOO and Castor oil. I think that clogged my pores because it was too heavy. I have also used DHC Cleansing Oil.

Jojoba oil is very runny and light, and it glides on my skin smoothly. First I steam my face by draping on a damp hot facewasher on my face. Then I cleansed (massaged) my face and I could feel bits coming out of my pores. This happened too with my past OCM experiences but this time I think the bits came out more easily.

Then I rubbed off the oil and the gunk with the facewasher, did this a couple of times to ensure all the dirty oil is washed away. Then I follow with my toner. Generally I don't add anymore to moisturize because a lot of the oil is still left. But if my skin is particularly dry I'll massage a little bit of extra oil in.

2 days in and I think my skin is looking better. I have been using DHC cleansing oil but I think this works better. Also I'm using this in conjunction with the Apple Cider Vinegar toner, so maybe that;s helping as well.

I have known for a long time about the effectiveness of OCM, but I have not found the right oil yet. So maybe jojoba is the right oil for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I have naturally curly hair and when it gets too dry I use this. I also use this out of the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2008 4:40:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had no acne previously and this made me break out :( I used this at night as a moisturizer for 5 days- I would rub a couple of drops onto my skin after doing the oil cleansing method. I never saw any difference in my skin when I woke up, except for the 6th day when there were these little rough red raised bumps on my nose, which I have never got before in my life, or anything similar. It seems like it's a patch of clogged pores because they won't turn into whiteheads or cystic pimples or anything..just raised bumps and they won't go away :( I also had 4 small pimples, which could be hormonal, but I haven't got any breakouts on my period in months so I don't know.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by imfalling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use jojoba oil as a moisturizer (I don't like waiting for it to sink in), but I do use it to remove my sunblock + impurities at the end of the day. I massage the oil into my face for a few minutes and then I wipe my face with a warm wash cloth. Then I cleanse with a regular facial cleanser. Try it! It's much cheaper than using Dermalogica's Precleanse!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this as a natural moisturizer on my face and it broke me out, duh, lol. I am using it around my eyes and there haven't been any problems to speak of. It works better on my hair than my skin. I wont re-purchase because it's not indispensable. I like coconut and castor oils better for my hair and it's not that great of an eye oil. I'm just trying to use up the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dovely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this stuff for everything! Occasionally at night if I have been feeling dry, I put this on before bed and in the morning my face is soft and hydrated. I use it on my hair as a conditioner, body (makes tan skin glow in the summer), cuticles, stubborn eye makeup remover (gets off red lipstick stain!) and sometimes I rub a little into my cheeks for a "dewy" effect instead of blush. It absorbs easily and doesn't clog pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jazzedbutterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a 4 because it gives me break outs.

I love to use it on my hair before I wash it. But I don't recommend using it as a cleanser on your face. I am not acne prone but this really clogs my pores.

I use it on my eyes and its great for an overnight moisturizing treatment.

I wouldn't be without this product... but it still gives me breakouts.

I'm 19 with not acne prone skin but i can get an occasional break out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I researched this on Medline and read that jojoba oil (actually it's a wax, not that such a distinction means anything) is the natural product that's the closest in composition/moisturizing abilities to human sebum. Cool, right? Well, maybe. I tried it as a moisturizer, with my moisturizer, with my cleanser, mixed with water, spritzed and patted and massaged and all kinds of craziness. Didn't do a thing for my very dry skin. Phooey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by tambien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin that won't last more than a couple of hours without blotting. Regardless, I still need a moisturizer and this is the best I've found that helps to balance out my skin and not break me out. (I'm also acne-prone.) I use only a drop to moisturize, wait a couple of minutes for it to sink in, and then blot any excess with a tissue. I've tried other oils for moisturizers, and I love how this one doesn't have any kind of oily scent to it.