August 22, 2014 | 1107 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by emily_in_az

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

While I'm not too happy with the "tub," this product works really well as an overnight face cream for me. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin, but this has not made me break out at all. I don't use it all the time ~ just for those times when my skin starts to get really dry and flaky. I would NOT, on the other hand, recommend this product for use during the daytime, under makeup. However, I don't have super-duper dry skin, so YMMV.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by luvtea

Pros:
It moisturises really well, gentle and no irritation for me at all (I've extremely sensitive skin). Flaking reduces after a few days of usage. Fragrance free.

Cons:
Texture is very thick and may take some time to apply, face may get greasy after a while if over applied.

I would say its a good moisturiser if only the texture would be lighter but I won't complain about it since it's taking care of my dry flaking skin without any problem. But I won't buy it again as I plan to try CeraVe Moisturising Lotion. :)

Update: Breaks me out a little after a week or so hence I stopped using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by abeautifulhaunting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Probably the best moisturizer I've ever used, but it's still not perfect..

My Skin: Combination to the extreme, being both flaky dry and shiny throughout the day at the same time. It's also acne-prone and sensitive.

I don't like that I can only find this product in a big tub; I'd like to find it in the tube form. I thought for sure this cream would make me break out horribly, but it doesn't (the Cetaphil Hydrating Lotion in the tube seems to), This makes my skin look a bit greasy, so before I put makeup on my face I blot my skin with a tissue. Hence, I'm looking for a moisturizer that will hydrate my skin without making it oily-lookng.

I use a plastic spoon to scoop out the moisturizer each time I use it, and wash off the spoon after each use as well. I really need to find it in a tube..

Also, I'm using the regimen on acne.org, so the fact that this cream seems to ball up a bit on my face is likely due to the fact that there's so much benzoyl peroxide on it beforehand.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this at Costco in a huge jar after reading reviews on it's moisturizing benefits. Im sort of dissapointed that I bought the cream version, after seeing the pump dispenser version. The cream version is awkward to get out of the jar, plus not a very sanitary way to use lotion. Sticking your hands in and out. Anyways, the lotion goes on thick and creamy BUT leaves my skin sticky and greasy feeling. Especially if it's hot out, forget about using it! It did leave my skin feeling a bit moisturized, but I can't get past the sticky feeling. I felt like I was covered in grease. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After trying to treat my pimples with a product called Benzac that contains 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, my normally very oily face became incredibly dry, so dry in fact my skin was flaking. I first tried Weleda's Skin Food which did NOTHING, then I finally decided to go simple and try this Cetaphil moisturiser. I LOVE IT!! After a few applications last night my flakies are all but gone, and I predict will be gone within 1-2 days. The moisturiser is thick, and goes on like a dream, soaks in so fast leaving my skin hydrated but not oily. I would use this cream anywhere, my face, as a body lotion, its fantastic. Although I hate the massive tub it comes in, does feel quite unhygenic, would defintley buy again.
UPDATE: After banishing my flakies within a few days I decided to try a lighter moisturizer for my face, but still use this as a body moisturizer straight after I've hopped out of the shower, it's AMAZING, it's light but thick and and leaves skin sooo soft. I get compliments on my skin all the time. Highly recommend, I rarely give a product 5 lippies but this is my HG cannot live without now!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jacquiesaur

I have very dry and flaky skin during winter and this solves the problem. I only wish it had SPF.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by pinkiegurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry skin and this heavy cream is rich and not that greasy, it blends right into skin. I recommend this to anyone with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by mini_cooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this as a body moisturiser, concentrating mainly on arms and legs. It works really well for me and is inexpensive so makes me feel better about buying La Mer!

I love that it has no scent so it does not affect my perfume. I will repurchase again... and will continue to do so probably forever! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Cheekbones

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this at night. I have dry sensitive aging skin. It does moisturize, feels a bit sticky/waxy/greasy but did not break me out or make me itch or anything. I still had a few flakes in the morning too. I will probably reserve this for my feet or really dry legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Leslie617

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just bought this product, I was using St. Ives Lotion with Collagen/Elastin for years, but in the last few years they added a scent, which I got used to, but I really don't like scents because the lining of my nose is very sensitive. Anyway I wanted a body moisturizer that didn't have mineral oil but the natural brands seemed to never feel right when I tested them on my hand. I decided to buy this cream, I LOVE the consistency (seems more spreadable than Eucerin), it is a little pricey but I actually use less cream than i do lotion. I also love that it is fragrance-free. I also can put it all over my back and chest because I am not worried about it causing breakouts. Also, I am kind of tired about people talking about how the jar is not hygenic--why the hell would you put hands that you haven't just washed in your jar of cream? I only use the cream after I get out of the shower, so I am sure there are trace amounts of bacteria on the body but no more or less than what would be normal to have on you.