July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaCali

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product, it slides on smoothly, And it's great if you want to create a cat eye look. .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Black eyeliner is my favorite make up product ever and I seem to have a bit of obsession with it- own about 20 different black eyeliners, liquid, kohl, gel, you name it, i have it or tried it.I had gel eyeliners before, so I was keen to try this one. The color is lovely, it stays on for hours
however if you don't remove it with a good remover, you may end up with panda eyes. The only downside is the brush that comes with it; as another reviewer said, clean it every day (max two applications as I found out), as it dries out and can scratch your eyes.(Cotton wool pads, soap and hot water will do the trick).Or use a better quality brush. Overally, it's affordable, easy to apply and stays on for ages.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

I hate this product. I truly dislike this product. I wanted to like it, don't get me wrong it's cheap and not a lot of drugstore brands i knew of made Gel Liners at the time so I was excited.

The pigments in this jar is AWFUL, i mean awful. I try to apply it on my eyes but after layering it on and one I feel like it just doesn't work. It's way to dry! I had a purple one, the eggplant i believe because I wanted to try for a purple color and didn't feel like buying it from Mac's Fluid line collection.

Then I left my make up in the car at a hotel and borrowed my friend's eyeliner, awful awful awful. It didn't even stick to my eyes. I was so mad at myself for forgetting my bag but I kept it in and thanked her. She likes this product, i hate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first attempt at using a gel liner, and man, this stuff is great. It is very very black and if you have a steady hand, you can create a perfectly straight black line every time. The brush it came with is functional, though a better brush might make it work even better. It is absolutely necessary to clean your brushes every day when using this gel liner - otherwise your brush will get very hard and scrape your eyelids. Not going to buy again until I try the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. If they are comparable, I'll stick with the Maybeline...but with a new brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(Review is for the blackest black shade). I am a liquid liner rookie and this makes it easy to do. I tried a wing with this last night and it was a snap.
The gel is a great consistency. As far as liquid liners, I have used a cake liner and a liner marker and I far prefer this to both. Although the liner marker is easier to control, this ultimately has a better look. It's smooth and dense and pigmented.
This eyeliner lasted well into the night and didn't budge.
The brush it comes with is actually pretty decent and effective too.
When I picked this up (based on reviews here) and it rang up for $10, I was like, for Maybelline? Really?! But this is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by orqnge

My very first gel eyeliner, I must say that I was initially impressed with the product. The application was smooth and the colour did not smudge too much. However, it recently began to harden and the colour doesn't come onto my eyelid as smooth as it used to be. I have half the amount of product left.

That being said, I do not use the gel liner on a daily basis (I alternate between liquid and gel) so perhaps the fact that the gel eyeliner has been with me for almost a year and a half is probably the reason why it hardened at half pot.

I recommend this to people who are on a slightly tighter budget and will use the gel eyeliner on a daily basis. I will not buy it again mainly because it is my first gel eyeliner and I would like to try other brands before coming to a genuine conclusion on this product's rebuy-ablity.

By the way, i LOVE the complimentary brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I had such high hopes for this product, and unfortunately it didnt meet my standards, but it wasnt a complete fail.

It promises to be smudge sproof....yeahhh...no. When I first bought it (in blackest black), I loved the packaging, looked great, and the colour was nice, creamy, rich and pigmented, but it faded and smudge quite a bit and I don't have oily lids at all. I tried with primer, and it lasted a bit longer, but honestly, I can already barely wake up every morning for school, so I cant afford to spend alol my time on makeup.

The brush it comes with is okay, but it isnt really precise..I prefer my bobbi brown eyeliner brush. I paid $12+tax for this at shoppers, and I seriously dont think it was worth it. If it was cheaper, I may have bought more just because Im curious of whether or not the other colours smudge this much, but I find I still prefer the physician's formula one and the loreal one (:

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by hcle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thank goodness for trials. tried this on a tlocal priceline and it looked lovely. dramatic line, acheivable with brush given.
looked indistinguishable from MAC.
however throughtou the course of the day i wiped this of about 5x times. so
NOOOOOOOOOOOO. i hated it, wish i didnt have it on at all, woke up the next day with panda eyes.

so Mac > maybelline unfortunately the serach for a cheaper long lasting gel eyeliner goes on.
this was about $15AU.. i can get MAC for the same price on ebay. i might as well wait a few days to get the mac..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by liteenie

On the way to dinner, I noticed some of my eyeliner had smudged off so I stopped at a Walgreens to pick up an eyeliner. I wanted the pencil eyeliner by Maybelline but they were out of black so I picked up this gel eyeliner.
Pros: pigmented, creamy, GREAT brush
Cons: smudges under my eyes

I use Inglots gel liner if I need 100% budge-proof eyeliner but I see myself turning to this for normal day-to-day wear. I find it more pigmented than MAC Fluidline and it stays a little better than Stila Smudgepot. The brush is comparable to Bobbi Brown's eyeliner brush, which I really like for gel liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Kaaatttiiiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner, i have been using pencil eyeliners for ages and finally tried gel eyeliner as i cannot use liquid ones. Only downside to it is that i do find it smudges underneath my eye after a few hours of wearing (but i am a contact lense wearer and sometimes my eyes water so don't actually know if its the eyeliner itself). I don't use the brush that is provided as i have found a better alternative, but if you don't have another brush to use it is a decent brush, but creates quite a thick line