December 22, 2014 | 1009 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by irajojo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The gel dried up easily which sometimes makes it hard to get it on the brush. so, i applied a few drops of facial olive oil to make it slightly easier to apply. it works. The eyeliner isnt 100% smudge proof tho. but it last throught the day. overall, i wouldnt buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Abgb00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first bought the loreal hip creme liner but returned it because it smudged on my crease throughout the day. Hoped that the maybe line eye studio would be better but it's unfortunately much worse! The loreal at least stayed on all day, but the maybe line creme liner comes off so easily, that it actually disappears throughout the day. Completely. And it smudges... Not sure how this is possible since it's supposed to be waterproof :( the brush that comes with it is actually pretty decent though (loreal brush sucked). In conclusion, I regret buying it and would not buy it again since it comes off for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by babette1000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many eyeliners, Lancome, Estee Lauder, but this is the best that I have ever used. It stays on all day, doesn't smudge, doesn't run. It's easy to apply. And, it was only $6. Goodbye expensive brands, hello Maybelline.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by franticshopaholic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eyeliner I have used. It stays on all day and is easy to apply. It can be used on the lower lid too (it looks better if you smudge it) The gel comes in a nice little glass pot with a professional brush. My only critism is that the brush can get very caked up if allowed to dry. so make sure you clean the brush after applying. I would defiinatly buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by liyahxxforever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this because so many people were raving about it. i love it more for my waterline then my lash line. the brush is surprisingly nice to use because it is more round the angled like most eyeliner brushes. overall it's a nice eyeliner for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by KillCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved this. Accidentally bought charcol instead of black but it's still fantastic. It's super easy to apply (great brush!) and the pot it comes in is really nice. It just glides on and stays for ages.
The only thing I don't like is that they don't give you a way to store the brush without damaging it. I just comes loose :|
Over all, great product, great price.

***EDIT***

After wearing this for a bit I noticed that I got really dark smudges under my eyes. My mom had this problem with it, too. I don't have very oily lids and tried setting it with everything I could think of.
So, it's okay. It just smudges really easily and falls under your eyes. I wouldn't really buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used Tarte, L'oreal HIP, Smashbox and Clinique cream/gel eyeliners, and this one is the best so far. I have it in black. You'll need to use more than one stroke for a solid color, but I prefer it that way; I'm more "painterly" and prefer to build up so I get the perfect wings without screwing up my lines. With no primer, it's stayed on for 12 hours with no smudging or fade-out. I do use the brush it comes with. It takes some getting used to; I use it sideways (straight on, it's too wide), and use short strokes from the lash line out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not great? I wasn't blown away by this product. It has fairly decent pigmentation, but it is definitely not as dark as MAC's Fluidline or the Bobbi Brown gel liner. The formula is smooth and creamy, and the little brush that comes with it is a decent brush. However, the staying power of this gel liner is not great. It gets smeary if you have oily lids and will transfer. By the end of the day, you can expect to see some smudges around your eye area. I bought the black version, and I have to say, I am disappointed by how it wasn't all that black! It fades throughout the day too, so it is definitely not a long-wearing liner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this eyeliner as the one I had from Avon completely dried out. I really like it. The brush is rubbish - far too thick for my liking - but in using my smaller angled brush I can finally get a smooth, straight line that matches on both eyes! I have never been very good with eyeliner unfortunately.
Used on the upper lid, I get no smudging, and no fade during the day. Used on the waterline - it stays, but it does tend to smudge fairly quickly in the corners which I found disappointing. This might be because the second I apply it in this area my eyes start to water like crazy. I tend to use kohl pencil in the corners if this is the look I want (not often). It is not easy to remove, you do need a good make up remover, but this doesn't bother me at all. I would rather spend time removing it in the evening that reapplying during the day.

Overall, I am really pleased with this product. I would buy it again - but I don't think I will need to! The price is right, the packaging is good.The one thing that disappoints me is that in the UK we can only seem to get the black option - I would love to be able to have the brown option.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product!! I have the smashbox jet set waterproof e/l, which the Sephora S/A rec'd and I've heard from lots of ppl is supposed to be so great and it sucks. This little ol' Maybelline e/l kicked Smashbox's liners ass.Who woulda thought? It is opaque, stays on my waterline/upper lashine for hrs, and the brush that comes with it is brilliant. I have black and brown...now if they would only come out with all the awesome colors that BB has!!
****UPDATE- This is still a decent budget eyeliner, and still kick's Smashbox's ass (which is $22!) but MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack is my new HG! And it's only $15! If you can, spend the extra 6 or 7 bucks, and go for that, it's creamier, more pigmented, and lasts way longer...I still love the Maybelline brush tho, I use it with my Fluidine now!! And I am on a budget too, bigtime, but I cut back on my DS purchases and now opt for less quanity, higher quality!!****