November 23, 2014 | 1114 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by wonderdreamz

reference: NC 35
Shade bought: Barcelona

One thing i hate is when the title of a product does not live to its name. I found this foundation not sheer at all but that didn't bug me. What bugged me is that its a water foundation and yet it was drying on my normal skin. Honestly, i don't think i'll buy another NARS foundation again.

THEREFORE, i believe that this foundation will suit people will slightly oily skin because it won't be that drying on their faces. Overall it is an okay foundation but not worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by GeorgieM19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use Mac studio fix in nw20, but i think this foundation in Deuville is the best colour for those who want a really nice balance of tones, the warmth of pink without looking sunburned, and the flawless look of a yellow tone.... it looks non cakey and feels really comfortable on during the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by BlondieROCKS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Sheer Glow in Punjab on a whim, and I have to say, it is my ultimate favorite. I have very dry skin, and this adds a nice glow to my skin without having any shimmer or sparkles in it. The color is perfect for me, I didn't have any problems with a match. The coverage isn't as full as my old foundation (Studio Fix Fluid by MAC), I'd say it's medium coverage. Love love love. Only gripes is the price ($43?!) and no pump!! You can purchase a pump off of the NARS site though... and the price, it's a little steep, but you 100% get what you pay for. I will always re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by oinkitsthao

I love this product! But it is quite expensive, and for the price I paid, it should come with a pump. The shade is a little bit too yellow for me, but it makes my skin so flawless when I set it with the MUFE HD powder. I probably won't buy it again for awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by wickedfreethinker

I normally use this foundation only on special occasions. It started out as an everyday foundation for me, but I work 10 hour shifts and it tends to be a little more oily than I would like by the end of the night; however, when I first apply this my skin looks flawless. I am an NC 20 in MAC and I wear deauville. I think it may be a little lighter than my skin, but it matches well. I dust Cover FX Matte FX powder in light to "set" the foundation and it keeps me shine free for about 5 hours. It does blend well and I like the consistency. Best of all, its not to "sheer" I would say medium coverage and buildable. Like I said, the only gripe I have is that it does make me look oily after awhile.

I hate that you have to buy a pump separately, I think that's definitely the downfall to the packaging, otherwise I really love the sleek packaging of NARS products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by im2gd24gt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation. I have a hard time finding the right color, but deauville works well for me. I am usually a mac nc25 if that helps. I find most SA always try to match me darker. As a rule I never wear the same foundation two days in a row. That way it keeps break outs at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this a couple of weeks and so far I'm very happy with it. I switched from BE because my older skin wasn't responding as well to mineral foundation and I was get a lot of caking in the fine lines. I don't have that problem with this foundation and it does moisturize my face. I was matched to Punjabi, I wore golden fair in BE. I think this line is a bit more yellow than I'd like, I'm not sure it's my HG foundation due to the yellow hue, I may try a different shade and see if that works better for me. I hate the bottle, that it doesn't come with a pump, and the cap doesn't line up so it always sits crooked and I'm afraid it's going to spill if I have to travel with it. Still, on my almost 40 year old face, it blends nicely, doesn't cake, lasts a good 6 to 8 hours, doesn't pill if I use a mattifying powder later in the day to touch up the shiny spots, and goes smoothly over the Smashbox primer and my usual moisturizer and sunscreen. I wish it had sunscreen, that would make it closer to a 5 lippie rating. I did try the matte version and it made my skin look lifeless, so I do think the sheer glow formula does make a difference. Try the matte and the glow and see if you prefer one to the other.

Edited that I've been using it for over a month, it's still on the yellow side for me. I may need to go lighter. I like what it does for my skin. The biggest gripe is even when I set with powder it has terrible transfer. That alone may drive me to try a different brand, but I'll finish what I have first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I agree this in something between mufe f&b&hd.I still prefer f&b over this because of the finish;like no other,prettier,great skin comments..
but this is more longlasting.But I prefer this over Mufe hd. It doenst stick to dry patches.Looks very natural when applied with fingers,melts into skin.Colour Deauville looked quite yellow but blended into exact match (hd115).I dont really see much "glow"..The coverage is enough for me to even skintone and covering minor redness;it is buildable,for medium coverage.It lasted well for an 9h day,no caking, and no oily slick on my dry/comp.skin like Diorskin nude(Thanx Nurken for the swap:)).Not HG,but quite close.I dont see anything in the inc.list that would break me out.I dont mind that theres no pump;the opening is small,unlike f&b.
I dont know if I will buy it again for full price,Guerlain is next on my list.
UPDATE; Officially HG material. When I get application right, not too much or little with Sigma F80, I get great skin comments. That also must mean that Deauville IS a match. I was about to order Mont Blanc because this is almost used! Or maybe that would match too..Seems I`m able to wear neutrals, pinktoned and bit yellow-toned fndns (must be b/c of some redness in my skin).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by anbheanog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even thought this product is recommended for dry to very dry skin types I do not believe that it is suited to dry skin. It leaves the skin looking powdery, there is no glow whatsoever, which is usually the reason someone with dry skin would buy a foundation like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by wetheliving

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG LOVE. This is my go-to foundation. It's the one I use when I don't want to worry about what's on my face, because I know it will control my oiliness (around the nose), cover my red cheeks, and- most importantly- hold up throughout the day. I do not set with powder and the foundation has a beautiful, natural skin finish.

I am half Asian, NC30-35 and wear Punjab, which is a PERFECT match. I shake the bottle HARD and apply with my fingers- this is the only way you should apply this product as your fingers will warm it up and melt it into your skin! When I am wearing it, I can't even tell I have anything on- and I scrutinise my skin A LOT when I'm wearing foundation.

My only criticism is the packaging- there is no pump (you can purchase a pump separate but Nars do not include it as standard because the product really needs to be shaken!) so it does get a bit messy and product gets around the opening. Occasionally I've used this "spilled" product by wiping my finger around the opening (to try and clean it up a bit!) and applying that on my face but have found that the colour turns a little orange because it has slightly oxidised. However I do not find that the colour oxidises on my face when I am wearing it.

Will definitely repurchase.