NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I found out this was not what was causing my breakouts. I'm so glad because its the best foundation I have ever used. Perfect texture that dries to a soft finish that does not accentuate dryness. I can adjust the moisture level with powder. Coverage is not too heavy and not too light either, and can be built up and not look cakey. But where this really shines is the color. I got this in Ceylan which is an exact match on me, is a nice true light yellow for my Mac C3 skin. Also just an FYI, this is available on Amazon Prime (a lot of Nars stuff is). I went ahead and bought the pump, which I got from Nordstrom.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

My HG foundation for now! Butter-like consistency melts into my skin and medium coverage leaves me flawless. I am extremely oily and acne-prone so I did not expect to like this foundation at all. In fact, any product with the word "glow" in it, I consider the anti-HG! I'm so glad I gave this product a shot based on a blogger's love for it. I do use an oil-controlling primer and UD De-slick setting spray for longevity. I wouldn't attempt this product without those steps if you are oily. I don't really care that there is no pump since I portion my foundation into a little pot daily. A little goes a loooong way! I prefer a foundation brush to fingers for application and I set with powder (brand varies). I do touch up mid work day with MAC blot powder. No breakouts so far. Bottom line...when I wear this foundation, I can't keep from looking at my skin in admiration every chance I get!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Have used: chanel vitalumiere, Missha bb cream, mufe face and body, armani face fabric, YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat, Hera HD foundation
REREVIEW: I think I liked this a lot better when it was humid out because it is not doing anything for me. The coverage is medium and it kind of looks cakey but it could be because I’m used to a more sheer coverage. Out of all the foundations I have used, I think this is quite average and not worth the price. I do recommend the Armani face fabric if you’re looking for a splurge. MUFE Face and Body and Hera HD foundation are still much better for my dry mid-20s skin.
nd armani.

I love this foundation. It wears really well on my dry skin and lasts all day. The coverage is more medium and not sheer at all and more matte than the name suggests. On my dry skin, I find that wearing this without powder gives me the perfect amount of coverage and lasting power and is a really great base for concealer as well.

HOWEVER - my biggest gripe with the product is the packaging. I like my foundations to have pumps and Sheer Glow does not come with one. Furthermore, when you do purchase a pump the lid will not fit over the top. This makes it impossible to travel with and just seems like pathetic design. Because of this, I do not see myself repurchasing which is a real shame as I adore this foundation. Please NARS - CHANGE THE PACKAGING!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like people either love or hate this foundation. Unfortunately, in my case, it's hate. I loved it at first, I wore it and it blended well and looked awesome. Then the second time, it looked really yellow! I tried so hard to blend it out and it still looked weird. I have oily skin but it clung to dry patches that I didn't even know I had! It also looked cakey and fake. It got greasy looking throughout the day. I tried it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Well, it made my face itch so bad! So for the past week I've been dealing with zits popping up all over my chin! Ahhh! At least I didn't actually buy this foundation, I work at a cosmetics store so I had just made a sample. I'm writing this to warn acne prone or sensitive girls! Proceed with caution! Everyone's skin is different so it could just be me. I love the Nars tinted moisturizer though, no breakouts from that!

I have tried many foundations before this, pretty much every drug store brand and high-end ones such as MAC, Clinique, BareMinerals, Tarte, and Lorac. I went to Sephora and was choosing between Nars Sheer Glow and Benefit's Hello Gorgeous to wear for my graduation. The girl at Sephora tried both on me and I fell in love with Nars, it is absolutely beautiful-goes on smoothly and basically airbrushes my face where I need it most (I took accutane less than a year ago and I have some minor scarring still) but it also was light enough to not cover up my freckles, something I love :). It goes on great with a brush, although I was told to use my fingers, I don't like applying makeup using my hands. The cost of it in my opinion is well worth it, you get what you pay for. I'd rather spend $42 on a foundation I love than $42 on several foundations I was unhappy with. All and all, definitely worth the splurge!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've tried many, many liquid foundations! Everything from drugstore brands-Maybellline, Covergirl to Department store-MAC, Chanel, Estee Lauder, I'd just about given up and decided to mix and make my own concoctions. Until I found this. I LOVE this stuff. Hate the packaging, a pump would be so helpful!! This goes on like buttah, is sheer yet still has enough coverage to cover up some pigmentation I have. Best of all-My skin and neck look the same color in pics!!! So glad this was recommended to me while in Sephora=0)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product about a year ago . after being convinced by the person at the makeup counter at sephora. i must say this is a very luxurious foundation. i'd compare it to even chanel. i myself am very tan about an nc40 . i was matched with barcelona .barcelona does seem a bit light but as the makeup artist was telling me , barcelona is a very versatile color . i agree .
i found this foundation to set pretty quickly so blending is bit of an obstacle , but after i applied with a beauty blender oh my god ! it was beautiful i topped it off with physcians formula bronzebooster and illamasqua blush in expose . i felt like JLO! however it can feel a bit heavy and i believe that caused me to break . so thats why i gave it 3 stars and it has no pump .
Nars should reformulate it , try to not make it feel thick or break out in acne . i'd be all over it !

this is definitly not a foundation to wear everyday , i say more for special ocassions works beautifully in pictures like youre airbrushed =D

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i never found a foundation which i could say is perfect. my skin is quite dry so i like to have dewy finish which makes my skin look good. so i was looking for a foundation. i wanted to get laura mercier silk creme foundation as i have read great reviews about it and also it gives full coverage. but it does not come in a lot of shades and i could not find my match :(. next one on my list was nars sheer glow and i bought it and its just amazing i absolutely love it gives me medium coverage and also gives my skin a nice glow. one things i dont like is that it does nt come with a pump so its quite difficult getting the foundation out of the jar.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I know I should've gotten the Sheer Matte instead of this one but I had watched a youtube video where the girl mixed this foundation and double wear together and she swore it was amazing, so I for some reason wanted to try it. Well I never ended up getting double wear and I've been stuck with this ever since. This foundation is underwhelming to me. I didn't think it was particularly amazing. The color (Ceylan) matched my skin pretty well and I didn't think it made my skin any oilier but other than that I don't really care for it much. It's also really annoying that it doesn't come with a pump.

Video Reviews & Tutorials