November 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by missshari

I did not like this foundation at all, it doesn't blend well an clings to all my dry patches. It also doesn't control oil at all and kind of disappears off my face after a couple of hours. The packaging is also messy and for such an expensive product they really should have put it in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by loz07

This is the best foundation I have tried so far. I've tried GA LSF and Face Fabric, EL Double Wear, MAC face and body, MUFE and many drugstore brands.

The colour (Deauville) is perfect on me and gives me a flawless finish when applied. It's on the matte side without looking at all dull. I usually stipple/buff with my MAC 187.

The only gripe I have is sometimes the staying power isn't infallible, but it's no worse than other foundations I've tried (other than perhaps EL DW) and is more due to my oily patches.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by auburngreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far I am loving this for my spring foundation. I wear it in Deauville, which looks orange in the bottle and on my fingers, but somehow looks amazing on my pale skin! I have had tons of compliments. The only drawbacks is that it doesn't have spf and the packaging isn't great- too easy to spill.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by wonderdreamz

reference: NC 35
Shade bought: Barcelona

One thing i hate is when the title of a product does not live to its name. I found this foundation not sheer at all but that didn't bug me. What bugged me is that its a water foundation and yet it was drying on my normal skin. Honestly, i don't think i'll buy another NARS foundation again.

THEREFORE, i believe that this foundation will suit people will slightly oily skin because it won't be that drying on their faces. Overall it is an okay foundation but not worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by GeorgieM19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use Mac studio fix in nw20, but i think this foundation in Deuville is the best colour for those who want a really nice balance of tones, the warmth of pink without looking sunburned, and the flawless look of a yellow tone.... it looks non cakey and feels really comfortable on during the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by BlondieROCKS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Sheer Glow in Punjab on a whim, and I have to say, it is my ultimate favorite. I have very dry skin, and this adds a nice glow to my skin without having any shimmer or sparkles in it. The color is perfect for me, I didn't have any problems with a match. The coverage isn't as full as my old foundation (Studio Fix Fluid by MAC), I'd say it's medium coverage. Love love love. Only gripes is the price ($43?!) and no pump!! You can purchase a pump off of the NARS site though... and the price, it's a little steep, but you 100% get what you pay for. I will always re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by oinkitsthao

I love this product! But it is quite expensive, and for the price I paid, it should come with a pump. The shade is a little bit too yellow for me, but it makes my skin so flawless when I set it with the MUFE HD powder. I probably won't buy it again for awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by wickedfreethinker

I normally use this foundation only on special occasions. It started out as an everyday foundation for me, but I work 10 hour shifts and it tends to be a little more oily than I would like by the end of the night; however, when I first apply this my skin looks flawless. I am an NC 20 in MAC and I wear deauville. I think it may be a little lighter than my skin, but it matches well. I dust Cover FX Matte FX powder in light to "set" the foundation and it keeps me shine free for about 5 hours. It does blend well and I like the consistency. Best of all, its not to "sheer" I would say medium coverage and buildable. Like I said, the only gripe I have is that it does make me look oily after awhile.

I hate that you have to buy a pump separately, I think that's definitely the downfall to the packaging, otherwise I really love the sleek packaging of NARS products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by im2gd24gt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation. I have a hard time finding the right color, but deauville works well for me. I am usually a mac nc25 if that helps. I find most SA always try to match me darker. As a rule I never wear the same foundation two days in a row. That way it keeps break outs at bay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this a couple of weeks and so far I'm very happy with it. I switched from BE because my older skin wasn't responding as well to mineral foundation and I was get a lot of caking in the fine lines. I don't have that problem with this foundation and it does moisturize my face. I was matched to Punjabi, I wore golden fair in BE. I think this line is a bit more yellow than I'd like, I'm not sure it's my HG foundation due to the yellow hue, I may try a different shade and see if that works better for me. I hate the bottle, that it doesn't come with a pump, and the cap doesn't line up so it always sits crooked and I'm afraid it's going to spill if I have to travel with it. Still, on my almost 40 year old face, it blends nicely, doesn't cake, lasts a good 6 to 8 hours, doesn't pill if I use a mattifying powder later in the day to touch up the shiny spots, and goes smoothly over the Smashbox primer and my usual moisturizer and sunscreen. I wish it had sunscreen, that would make it closer to a 5 lippie rating. I did try the matte version and it made my skin look lifeless, so I do think the sheer glow formula does make a difference. Try the matte and the glow and see if you prefer one to the other.

Edited that I've been using it for over a month, it's still on the yellow side for me. I may need to go lighter. I like what it does for my skin. The biggest gripe is even when I set with powder it has terrible transfer. That alone may drive me to try a different brand, but I'll finish what I have first.