August 20, 2014 | 1006 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE this foundation, I recently purchased it and it's definitely different to my usual MAC Studio Fix Fluid, it's creamy and blends effortlessly!, I am an NC45 and I purchased this on a whim in the shade MACAO and it's perfect for me now but I know in the winter it will be quite dark so I'm between Cadiz and Macao, definitely one of the best investments, it doesn't feel heavy on my dry skin and it looks natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

An excellent daily foundation if you want your skin to look even toned, warm and soft all day. If I don't wear a primer with this, it lasts all day, and I don't break out. I had a hard time to deciding whether to purchase the full size bottle of the Sheer Glow or Sheer Matte. I ended up deciding on the Sheer Matte because my skin tends to be more oily than dry. However, if the option for teh Sheer Matte weren't there, I would have gotten this one. Great color match, and a beautiful finish. It doesnt cake through the day, and you can build it to a heavier finish if you let it dry in between.

I prefer application with fingers or a sponge. You dont need that much. And I really dont need a pump either.

I just got home from a 13 hour day and didnt touch up. Normally my foundation would be GONE. Not the case. Still looked good, only problem areas were my eyes smuding (Laura Mercier eye liner) but I give a pass since it was a long day at the office. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a great foundation! Can be sheer or full coverage depending how you apply it/build it. Colors run yellow which is great for me, but those with cooler skintones might not love the yellowness of it. It doesn't break out my acne prone skin and gived the most beatiful satin finish. The only improvement I can think would be to add a pump.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by julees70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the very worst foundation I've tried, but I had some major problems with it: It dried my skin out, made my pores look horrible, and it broke me out after a week or so of using it (nothing else in my routine was changed). The color selection was good and the price is not as expensive as Chanel or others, but if you have the slightest tendency towards sensitive skin or have issues with pores, I would look elsewhere.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by shipcaptain

I really wanted to like this product, but it didn't happen. I've had it about 2 weeks and I've been using it almost every day. The first time I used it it was a mess. It accentuated every dry patch on my face, pooled in my pores, and it wore off in patches after only about 3 hours of wear. Not to mention, it looked very chalky on my skin and not whatsoever "glowy". The next time I wore it I moisturized my skin beforehand and it seemed to work as promised and I got very excited. After that I've always moisturized but I do not get the same results, but the results are similar to the first time I used it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Formula was okay but not enough coverage. Color selection is terrible! Hope I can still return it. Packaging: What a mess!?!?!? And for the price why is there no pump????? Grrrrrrr!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by yokki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this 10 lippies if I could. This foundation is amazing. Holy Grail. The best foundation that has ever touched my face. I don't know if there is a better one.

I am a foundation junkie. ( The foundations I have tried so far : Laura Mercier - Silk Creme , DiorSkin - Nude, Lancome - Photogenic, Chanel - Pro Lumiere, Clinique - Perfectly Real Make up, Mac - Face And Body, Mac- Studio Sculpt.) Nars Sheer Glow beats all of them. The most amazingly beautiful finish it gives me.
The staying power is great. I don't have oily skin sheer glow stays on my skin with a primer for like 9 hours.
The glow of this product is so natural and beautiful.
Moisturizing abilities of this one is great also. It really improves my skin texture.

I have light skin with yellow undertones. Dior Nude 021, Mac NC 20 and Deauville is the perfect match.

Highly recommended. For me it's a miracle product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xhanabi

When I first bought this foundation, I was really disappointed. It got rave reviews from youtubers and beauty blogs but I just didn't like it at all. I didn't see why it got such good reviews. I barely touched it for the first few months after I purchased this. My skin at the time, was not in great condition. I had dry flakes, and occasionally cystic acne. This foundation had accentuated all the flakes, pores, and lumps I had on my face. I would wear it to work just to "use it up".

However, after finally finding the right products to clear up my skin, this foundation is pretty good on a smoother canvas because it has good coverage. You don't need a lot of product at all since a little bit goes a long way with this foundation. I can go without concealer as well if I was short on time since it's medium coverage. I am now left with uneven skin tone (from the scarring of my pimples) and this does a great job in evening out my skin. It's become really easy for me to apply in the mornings before work since I actually prefer applying this foundation with my fingers. Either that or a dense flat top brush (to give more coverage). Lasting power for this foundation is decent, but not the best. It would be better if it was set with a powder, but if it's not set, it does transfer quite easily and I do get oily with this foundation so blotting is a must!

Overall, this is a good foundation for those who have relatively smooth skin, and just need to even out their skin tone. Probably best for those with normal skin type.

As for the packaging, it would lose big points if I didn't have a pump. I asked the MUA that sold this to me if she could give me a sample pump and she snuck me one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this! So it's not particularly sheer, but it IS glowy to an extent! I read a lot of reviews saying it was pretty matte but I suppose it depends how you apply it and how much you put on.

At first I used the ELF powder brush to stipple it on, putting a little of the SG onto a piece of clear plastic cut out from some sort of box for packaging, and then using the ELF to stipple (I used to do it on my hand but didn't like having foundation left on my hand and also found that it sank into my hand too fast).

I now use my fingers which apparently warms the product up... but to be honest I see no real difference - if anything I might go back to the stippling because I can control how much coverage I get from that. I find it works best when I work the foundation thin enough on the plastic "palette" so that the brush has barely any foundation on, and then stippling onto my face, leaving me with a very lightweight finish.

Sure it would be nice if it came with a pump, but my previous foundation (EL DW) didn't, so I guess I already got over it...

I use Fiji and match to Desert Beige in EL DW so I suppose that puts me at NW25.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product to begin, but then I noticed that it didn't like to stay on my face! It likes to melt off throughout the day from natural oils. I also had some embarrassing rub-off onto my fingers that would transfer onto white papers I held. I used MAC Mineralize powder, and never had issues with setting other foundations. The foundation is too thin to cover up any flaws. It is so thin that it is streaky. I always used a stippling brush, but even with that it never went on as well as I wanted it to. I liked this makeup to begin with, but over time I realized it was more of a pain than it was beneficial. It was a relief to go back to my MAC Studio Fix Liquid!!!