BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 1/28/2010 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is awesome. I kept seeing on tv about adding a dewy shine is the in thing, so I tried highbeam after seeing in an ulta mag. I feel like i have to use it everyday and I dont wanna go without. After im done putting it on my cheek bones i wipe whats left on my finger down the bridge of my nose and it makes my nose look more sleek.

on 1/27/2010 8:35:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product.... I'm starting to get to that age where anything I can do to add a certain freshness to my look is nice for nights out. I have the Benefit dusting powder trio set (the one with the golden colors and the white) and was hoping that this would be a better version of those. I gravitate to more yellow undertones as my skin is already on the reddish side and adding more red/pink can make me look ruddy. I do not think that this made me look ruddy however I didn't feel it was a superior product to the powder trio set that I already have and I liked the gold contrast on my skin better. I found the powder to be a little easier to blend out so that I have a glow and not so much of a sheen. Its certainly not a bad product by any means... It just depends on your coloring and how much you are looking to get with this... i prefer more of an inner glow look... this made me look a little shiny instead.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

eh its an ok product but i wouldn't buy this i got this in a set, the only product i love is called Hello flawless, its really true to its names, its a great powder foundation!

on 1/26/2010 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a 'meh' product for me, and I'm a little disappointed I dished out $24 for it. My skin tone is light and peachy, and I wanted this mostly to highlight my brow bone so my eyes would look brighter but it comes off as too pink, shimmery, and obvious. I do like the way it looks on my cheeks and nose, however--I dab just a little on my cheekbones and down the center of my nose for a natural glow, then add blush on top.

Although you get a lot of product, it's still not worth the price, in my opinion. I'll be on the lookout for another brow bone highlighter.

on 1/24/2010 8:05:00 PM

I bought this product as part of the Benefit Bestsellers To Go set. This was the only good product in the set, though I am sure I can find a better product at a better price elsewhere.

This highlighting product does give a sheer shimmer highlight, which I like. For anyone looking for something substantial, look elsewhere. This produces a dewy look, so it is recommended for more mature makeup looks.

I would recommend that you try the product out in a Sephora, Benefit or other store that carries this line before investing $24 plus tax.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is such a nice highlighter. For the longest time, I stayed away from liquid highlighters because I wear powder and imagined putting anything on top of it would cake and smudge- but not this beauty! I received a mini tube of this in a swap, and I love using it after I powder on the bridge of my nose (I prefer a powder highlight other area's) whenever I use to put a powder highlighter on my nose it just looked to shiny and not flattering- this looks perfect! I think I will end up buying a full size of this sometime, though a little goes a long way. To apply I dot this on my nose and blend lightly with a foundation brush and instant perfect highlight ;) I'm super happy I started swapping, I've had a chance to sample amazing products I would have never tried before!

Packaging blows(cap breaks) but the product is awesome. Pink/silvery metallic glow. Use on highest part of cheekbones or mix into liquid foundation.

on 1/17/2010 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a HG product for me. I use this product nearly everyday. It has a nice pinky shimmer to it which is perfect for my skin. I would definitely recommend this product for those anyone who has pink tones in their skin because this will compliment it nicely. It is in my opinion the perfect highlighter,

on 1/17/2010 2:44:00 AM

This is an HG product for me. It gives my face a subtle but amazing glow that no other highlighter can achieve. Although it is pricey at $28, only a few dots of product are used every day, so one bottle will last forever. I will definitely be repurchasing this item for as long as I live!

on 1/15/2010 11:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this product when on holidays in San Francisco 2 yrs ago and only discovering Benefit, after a friend with fab make up told me she used it... even though I didnt even know what to do with it I bought it... well thank god I did, I'm madly in love with it!

Its just amazing, at first you might not notice much of a difference, but when the light catches it, it makes your face glow in a lovely natural way, and when I look at photos of myself wearing it I'm always pleased with the results.

I usually dot a little on my cheekbones and follow with posietint, and a small bit on my brow bones. I have been known to pop a little on my eyelid in my car when short of eyeshadow... sounds weird but its not half bad for that either!

I've never tried any other highlighters so I can't really compare but it really is one of my HG products. I think its around $27 or 30ish in ireland, but you only use a tiny amount at a time, my bottle has lasted 18months so far and still half full, definitely recommend!

Video Reviews & Tutorials