November 28, 2014 | 946 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MillasonPaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I finally broke down and bought this. I had read a lot of good reviews on it here and in Real Simple magazine. Well, it has definitely lived up to them! It is so light and absorbs relatively quickly. What I mean by that is, my skin still feels moisturized after five hours but not greasy. That is a definite plus especially with the summer coming. I bought this in the squeeze tube so it's really easy to use. I just wish that Aveeno would switch to cute packaging now! Update: This lotion is still awesome as far as moisturization goes, but a couple of nights ago I was applying it when I realized that even though it is promoted as "fragrance free," it does smell... or atleast on my skin it does. It smells just like urine! I am still using this at night just because I don't want to waste it (which I guess that speaks highly of its capabilities that I'm willing to use it even though it stinks). I'm going to try the Creamy Oil next. Another Update: It turns out that the bottle i purchased must have been a bad batch. I have since bought three more bottles of this lotion and none of them have smelled like the first one did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 7:06:00 AM More reviews by VioletExtract

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think there's a bit of confusion about whether this is a face moisturiser or a body moisturiser. Well, I bought it in the body lotion section of Boots, so I think it's safe to say it's just for the body.

It's really moisturising but not greasy and absorbs easily, it's fragrance-free, and actually helps with any irritation sensitive skin can get (my legs are terrible for this). It's well worth 7.99 because it comes in a 350ml bottle anyway and it's so soothing and hydrating. They have one for dry skin and one for very dry skin. I think the one for very dry skin would only be necessary if you have eczema or extra dry skin, otherwise if you have no particular problems, the dry skin one is fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by chobit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i think the majority likes this product, and i do, but i just don't like the scent! i don't know why i got the idea that oatmeal would smell nice.. maybe bcuz of the oatmeal i eat for breakfast or somthing, but the first time i applied this on.. eeeekkks!! this reeked! i think i used this for like 2 more times, and i threw it into a drawer and got lost for a year. lol! recently i ran out of my other body lotion, and i started to use this again. however, i only use it in the night time, so ppl won't smell me! however, i do have to add that it does a good job at moisturizing and softening my skin.. tho there are ones out there that does that and not smell horrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by isis1234

Performance: I love the texture of this lotion. It absorbs very quickly but it actually feels like it 's doing something. You can feel the moisturizing effects of this lotion hours later. I don't know about 24 hours, but a long time. This is definitely a good daily moisturizing lotion, but if you want silky smooth skin, this won't really provide it. It's not greasy, but it makes your skin feel moisturized, not silky, if that makes any sense. When you want silky skin for those special nights, use something else, but to keep your skin moisturized and healthy on a daily basis, you should use this.

Fragrance: This product is unscented, but I guess the ingredients themselves still cause this product to have a slight fragrance. It smells kind of rubbery upon application, but the smell does not last on the skin.

Packaging: I like Aveeno packaging. It's very simple and natural-looking. This product comes in pump dispensper form and a flip top container. I prefer pumps, but you can get it either way.

Price: I got this for $6.99 at CVS. Not a bad deal for 8oz (flip top cap form)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by catnap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my skin tends to be drier since i love taking long, hot showers (especially in the cold season) and i've found aveeno daily moisturizing lotion to work for me . it is the only lotion that manages to keep away the cracky, itchy crocodile skin that i despise . if you find it a bit greasy, try to apply it right after the shower - when your skin is still damp . i sometimes wet my hands with running water from the sink before taking a gob of this lotion and rub it my hands, then apply it to my skin . it seems to absorb better this way .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rosered

Excellent moisturizer. Have terribly dry hands and this moisturizer does a terrific job. Sinks in quickly and lasts, though not for 24 hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 6:19:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the most basic lotion on the shelf today. I have walked by it many times without a second glance. That said, it is one of the most wonderful lotions that I have ever used. I love that it is nongreasy, and the fact that it is fragrance free is a huge plus for me. I feel that it really does moisturize my skin for 24 hours, and it is the best for winter-dry skin. It is a bit pricier than other drugstore lotions, but very worth it. Proof that good things can come in plain packages.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2004 6:37:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

I bought this thinking it was for my face. It's an average body lotion. It leaves my skin a bit sticky and doesn't really moisturise that well but I think it would be good for sunburns. It's too expensive (something like 14 bucks Canadian.....yikes)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2004 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cheshireycat

I haven't found this product to be expensive, and I certainly haven't found it to cause or worsen break-outs. I have, but I don't, use it on my face and I think it's pretty good stuff, especially for sensitive skin. It's not an amazing moisturizer, however, although it's still pretty good. I prefer the Eucerin cream, but this is good for my legs and my hands. Doesn't sting or anything, but doesn't really soften or moisturize really dry skin. Works really well under a thicker or oilier formula if you need to, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2004 9:03:00 PM More reviews by najee

I bought this product because it was recomended by my dermotologist.So I trusteed it because she graduated from harvard.I put it on my face as soon as i got home ,well the next morning I woke up with a bunch of bumps on my face ,the bumps turned to pimples and 2 days later i got a huge pustule ,which mind you I never get on my cheek it made me worse than I was before. I called the company to complain and the guy told me they would sen me a refund . When I got the refund IT WAS FOR FOUR DOLLARS.