December 22, 2014 | 1745 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lilycreator

I really like this because it isn't greasy but it's very moisturizing. It comes in a really big pump bottle which is great because it's very convenient to use. The smell isn't great but it fades away really fast. It doesn't last 24 hours as it says it does, but it lasts for most of the entire day. It's pretty cheap, considering how much you get and it's great if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

The consistency is light and slightly liquid-y/creamy. The smell is a little disgusting, but as long as you don't smell yourself closely after you slather it on, you'll be fine. It moisturizes all day long, and leaves skin wonderfully soft. And it is non-greasy. I have purchased this over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2004 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MtnBikeGrl

I had a small patch of dry skin above my top lip, and no moisturizer seemed to help. I remember reading somewhere about a girl whose body piercing (!) dried out, and she used Aveeno on it, and it helped...so I bought a tube of the oatmeal lotion. I used a little bit on the dry patch after cleansing my face, and didn't notice at the time, but it worked! The dry patch is completely gone, and I'm attributing that to Aveeno! The packaging is also great -- easy-squeeze tube with a flip-top lid -- perfect! The tube is lasting me a while, because I don't use it all the time (Jergens Ultra Healing for everyday body moisturizing), but it's a fabulous product. Smell is pretty neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mountain_blue

For some reason, my skin had been feeling very itchy so I decided to give this lotion a try. I'm glad I did because it has really helped calm my skin down. It does have a very slight plasticky scent that dissipates quickly, but overall it does the job. I will continue to use this whenever my skin acts up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MillasonPaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I finally broke down and bought this. I had read a lot of good reviews on it here and in Real Simple magazine. Well, it has definitely lived up to them! It is so light and absorbs relatively quickly. What I mean by that is, my skin still feels moisturized after five hours but not greasy. That is a definite plus especially with the summer coming. I bought this in the squeeze tube so it's really easy to use. I just wish that Aveeno would switch to cute packaging now! Update: This lotion is still awesome as far as moisturization goes, but a couple of nights ago I was applying it when I realized that even though it is promoted as "fragrance free," it does smell... or atleast on my skin it does. It smells just like urine! I am still using this at night just because I don't want to waste it (which I guess that speaks highly of its capabilities that I'm willing to use it even though it stinks). I'm going to try the Creamy Oil next. Another Update: It turns out that the bottle i purchased must have been a bad batch. I have since bought three more bottles of this lotion and none of them have smelled like the first one did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 7:06:00 AM More reviews by VioletExtract

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think there's a bit of confusion about whether this is a face moisturiser or a body moisturiser. Well, I bought it in the body lotion section of Boots, so I think it's safe to say it's just for the body.

It's really moisturising but not greasy and absorbs easily, it's fragrance-free, and actually helps with any irritation sensitive skin can get (my legs are terrible for this). It's well worth 7.99 because it comes in a 350ml bottle anyway and it's so soothing and hydrating. They have one for dry skin and one for very dry skin. I think the one for very dry skin would only be necessary if you have eczema or extra dry skin, otherwise if you have no particular problems, the dry skin one is fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by chobit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i think the majority likes this product, and i do, but i just don't like the scent! i don't know why i got the idea that oatmeal would smell nice.. maybe bcuz of the oatmeal i eat for breakfast or somthing, but the first time i applied this on.. eeeekkks!! this reeked! i think i used this for like 2 more times, and i threw it into a drawer and got lost for a year. lol! recently i ran out of my other body lotion, and i started to use this again. however, i only use it in the night time, so ppl won't smell me! however, i do have to add that it does a good job at moisturizing and softening my skin.. tho there are ones out there that does that and not smell horrible!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by isis1234

Performance: I love the texture of this lotion. It absorbs very quickly but it actually feels like it 's doing something. You can feel the moisturizing effects of this lotion hours later. I don't know about 24 hours, but a long time. This is definitely a good daily moisturizing lotion, but if you want silky smooth skin, this won't really provide it. It's not greasy, but it makes your skin feel moisturized, not silky, if that makes any sense. When you want silky skin for those special nights, use something else, but to keep your skin moisturized and healthy on a daily basis, you should use this.

Fragrance: This product is unscented, but I guess the ingredients themselves still cause this product to have a slight fragrance. It smells kind of rubbery upon application, but the smell does not last on the skin.

Packaging: I like Aveeno packaging. It's very simple and natural-looking. This product comes in pump dispensper form and a flip top container. I prefer pumps, but you can get it either way.

Price: I got this for $6.99 at CVS. Not a bad deal for 8oz (flip top cap form)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by catnap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my skin tends to be drier since i love taking long, hot showers (especially in the cold season) and i've found aveeno daily moisturizing lotion to work for me . it is the only lotion that manages to keep away the cracky, itchy crocodile skin that i despise . if you find it a bit greasy, try to apply it right after the shower - when your skin is still damp . i sometimes wet my hands with running water from the sink before taking a gob of this lotion and rub it my hands, then apply it to my skin . it seems to absorb better this way .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rosered

Excellent moisturizer. Have terribly dry hands and this moisturizer does a terrific job. Sinks in quickly and lasts, though not for 24 hours.