January 26, 2015 | 1702 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to use Cetaphil (cream and lotion version both), and comparing to those, I find that I like the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion better. It seems to stay on the hand longer. Even after I washed my hands, I can still feel it on me. The texture is very good. Very light and absorbs very well. It doesn't last 24 hours despite the claim on the package, but it does last longer than most of the stuff I've used. This has become a staple for me in the bathroom and in the kitchen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2004 2:56:00 AM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My super dry hands gobble this light lotion up. I love the texture because it soaks into my skin nearly instantly, yet leaves no greasy feel or residue, and my skin is super smooth and silky afterwards. The moisture even seems to stay on after washing my hands! That's a huge plus. And the travel-size tube fits perfectly in my bag to carry it around. What a great drugstore find!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2004 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lizbear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this lotion.My skin feels so soft and moiturized after using this.I buy the fragrance free because I don't like strongly scented lotions.It has a super light scent to it that I really like.This is the best drugstore lotion that I have tried.I'm on my third bottle and I plan on buying more when I run out.Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2004 12:52:00 PM More reviews by laetitia774

I was a little put off by the scent of this lotion, but it's absoultely wonderful. Still don't like the scent, but what can I do? Strangely enough, my keratosis pilaris cleared up when I started using Aveeno. I didn't even notice it until one night I was in bed and noticed that my arms were smooth for the first time in 15 years! Anyway, I don't know if it was the lotion or not and I started using 2% BHA shortly afterwards, but it does help relieve dry, itchy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2004 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lilycreator

I really like this because it isn't greasy but it's very moisturizing. It comes in a really big pump bottle which is great because it's very convenient to use. The smell isn't great but it fades away really fast. It doesn't last 24 hours as it says it does, but it lasts for most of the entire day. It's pretty cheap, considering how much you get and it's great if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

The consistency is light and slightly liquid-y/creamy. The smell is a little disgusting, but as long as you don't smell yourself closely after you slather it on, you'll be fine. It moisturizes all day long, and leaves skin wonderfully soft. And it is non-greasy. I have purchased this over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2004 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MtnBikeGrl

I had a small patch of dry skin above my top lip, and no moisturizer seemed to help. I remember reading somewhere about a girl whose body piercing (!) dried out, and she used Aveeno on it, and it helped...so I bought a tube of the oatmeal lotion. I used a little bit on the dry patch after cleansing my face, and didn't notice at the time, but it worked! The dry patch is completely gone, and I'm attributing that to Aveeno! The packaging is also great -- easy-squeeze tube with a flip-top lid -- perfect! The tube is lasting me a while, because I don't use it all the time (Jergens Ultra Healing for everyday body moisturizing), but it's a fabulous product. Smell is pretty neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2004 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mountain_blue

For some reason, my skin had been feeling very itchy so I decided to give this lotion a try. I'm glad I did because it has really helped calm my skin down. It does have a very slight plasticky scent that dissipates quickly, but overall it does the job. I will continue to use this whenever my skin acts up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MillasonPaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I finally broke down and bought this. I had read a lot of good reviews on it here and in Real Simple magazine. Well, it has definitely lived up to them! It is so light and absorbs relatively quickly. What I mean by that is, my skin still feels moisturized after five hours but not greasy. That is a definite plus especially with the summer coming. I bought this in the squeeze tube so it's really easy to use. I just wish that Aveeno would switch to cute packaging now! Update: This lotion is still awesome as far as moisturization goes, but a couple of nights ago I was applying it when I realized that even though it is promoted as "fragrance free," it does smell... or atleast on my skin it does. It smells just like urine! I am still using this at night just because I don't want to waste it (which I guess that speaks highly of its capabilities that I'm willing to use it even though it stinks). I'm going to try the Creamy Oil next. Another Update: It turns out that the bottle i purchased must have been a bad batch. I have since bought three more bottles of this lotion and none of them have smelled like the first one did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2004 7:06:00 AM More reviews by VioletExtract

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think there's a bit of confusion about whether this is a face moisturiser or a body moisturiser. Well, I bought it in the body lotion section of Boots, so I think it's safe to say it's just for the body.

It's really moisturising but not greasy and absorbs easily, it's fragrance-free, and actually helps with any irritation sensitive skin can get (my legs are terrible for this). It's well worth 7.99 because it comes in a 350ml bottle anyway and it's so soothing and hydrating. They have one for dry skin and one for very dry skin. I think the one for very dry skin would only be necessary if you have eczema or extra dry skin, otherwise if you have no particular problems, the dry skin one is fine.