February 1, 2015 | 2035 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 9:48:00 PM More reviews by zangreen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best thing I can say is that I got mine for free. This is my least favorite of their lip balms. The texture is far less waxy and therefore doesn't last nearly as long. I found the slickness of it strange. It smells ok. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely marvellous! Excellent long-lasting moisturizing power! Great ingredient list. I did get a bit of a pink tint on my lips (but that works underneath my Prestige lipstick in 'brown sugar' as it was a bit too grey). I also like the scent (I don't like menthol/mint scents).

Another fantastic product from Burt's Bees.. I now prefer this particular lipbalm to all others.. including all other Burt's Bees lipbalms.

Would repurchase indefinitely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the second Burt's Bees product I haven't thrown in the trash can.
I really, really like this lip balm. It has a spicyness to it (that I've gotten used to). Not too waxy, it goes on nice and smooth. And it doesn't melt off my lips. I did a test to see what would happen if I didn't use it for a day. For the first time in seven years, my lips stay unchapped for 24 hours. I haven't noticed the red tint other reveiewers have written about. It's completely transparent as far as I'm concered. I think I'd like it much less if it tinted my lips as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2007 12:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupkaty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard about this product for several months now, and I've not been able to find it at any store. I was in Meijer's and was looking around in the makeup section, and discovered they've started carrying Burt's Bees products. I decided to see if they had the Replenishing Balm; sure enough they did!

I've heard people on Live Journal talk about how it was too sour for them. I don't get a bitterness at all. I'm a sucker for anything pomegranate, and I'm falling in love with this balm!

The tube is a pomegranate color and it does the least little bit of tint on the lips. And in my case, it actually lightened my lip coloring. I really smell the pomegranate oil, anise oil and clary sage oil. It's a slight fruity, but more herbal smelling balm. The balm itself glides on like butter and is silky smooth feeling on the lips. My lips have a sensation of really cool and refreshing.

This is a great balm for a cheap price, and I'd definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by flopsbeebs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There was no tester of this, and i hate that, because i have to be surprised, luckily for me, it was a pleasant surprise.

I was soo scared this was going to be one of those menthol, pepperminty, cinnamon'y, gross burning smelly ones. but it wasnt, it was just a nice slick fruity balm. Yay, finally i got lucky on a product i hadnt tested.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by rosalieann

i bought this on impulse when i was at Walgreen's and i am sure glad i did. this is so much better then the beeswax version. this has more of a slick but not sticky texture and a nice taste and tint as well, the other has a weird grainy texture that is sticky and a strange waxy taste and no tint that i could distinguish. i like this much better then the other. way to go Burt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 7:02:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm actually one of the weirdos that likes the honey version of BB balm.Honey is a wonderful humectant and although the balm is a bit gritty,it works well.I happened upon this and of course,had to try it.It works well for hydration purposes but I can see that repeated applications would be detrimental to my sensitive lips(I suspect the cinnamon oil as previous reviewers remarked.)On the upside, if you DON'T have sensitive skin,this is a good cheap lip plumper(like Lip Venom,which I think uses cinnamon oil to irritate and swell the tissues).I would repurchase if I don't get any blistering reactions(which is entirely possible...)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:29:00 AM More reviews by getouttamyface

Great lip balm. I have pretty colored, hydrated lips as it is, so the "stain" doesn't do much for me and I don't need to worry about chapped lips. However, it smells and tastes AWESOME, glides on smooth, and leaves lips shimmery and healthy-looking (and at least doesn't cause dryness!) The original balm did nothing for me; I could take it or leave it. And the lip shimmers, with their intense colors, all looked awful on me (and I wasn't a fan of the strong peppermint smell either). This stuff is great, and practically all-natural. The only way I would be happier with it was if it looked glossier, but alas.

(Still, for moisturization, nothing beats a whisk of vaseline on the lips after washing at night!)

Edit: My lips have been drier recently for some reason... I think it's because I haven't been drinking as much water recently. Anyway, I take back what I said about its possible ineffectiveness... THIS WORKS, and gives lips a little pink too!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by hahaitssusan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

smells delicious, but as far as un-chapping my lips? no
burts bees is all over the place so chances are that one
of your friends has it and if your not a germ freak then try
it out, its not worth buying to test it out

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ShivaShivs

I love Burts Bees products mainly because they don't test on animals. When I bought this, my lips were cracked to the extreme! I used it for one night, and I love it. When you put it on, it gives your lips a dewy, rosy feel and look and I just love it!