Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 10/1/2007 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the smoothness and the way it feels going on, just can't get past the sickly sweet smell. Wore it to bed, my husband asked what stinks!!

on 9/16/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited when I saw this at Target - $3 for a new flavor of Burt's Bees lip balm. I love pomegranate too, but I was so disappointed! This one is much slicker and less waxy feeling than their others and I cannot stand the smell. To me it smells like cleaning products. I've tried to give it another chance, but I just can't get over the smell. Sorry Burt's Bees!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOOOVE this lip balm. It doesn't make my lips itch or dry out, like many others do, and it doesn't irritate the skin around my mouth. I love the scent, and my lips feel so soft and moisturized. The only thing I would change is the carmine in it (from beetles)--I just don't think the pink color is necessary.

Definitely will repurchase though!

on 9/10/2007 4:29:00 PM

As someone who was infatuated with Bonne Bell throughout my girlhood, I am particularly choosy about lip balm. I am never without either Chapstick or lipstick. So when a friend gave me a tube after the Chapstick I -like an idiot- keep in my car melted and slopped down my t shirt in June (if anyone knows how to get Chapstick out of clothing, please let me know. I tried "ironing it off" like candle wax-didn't work.), it was a bit disconcerted because it of its lack of waxy weight. But I kept using it anyway because I love pomegranate, I am thinking of starting a cult. Anywho, after using it for a while it is now a fav. It is like Bonne Bell for grown ups.

I got this in a pack of three full size tubes and a nifty key chain that fits around a tube and looks like the label. All for 5 dollars on clearance. At this point, I was only buying it because I'm an absolute chapstick fiend and I ran out. It was driving me nuts, digging my finger into the bottom of empty tubes to get the last bit out of my chapstick brand chapstick.

Since it was so cheap, I decided to go for it. I'm so glad I did. It smells divine and goes on smoothly. So far, it moisturizes well, and because i have thre tubes, I won't have to worry about running out anytime soon. Also, it went on clear, which I like, and it didn't look greasy like vaseline. I will probably repurchase when the time comes.

on 9/6/2007 1:12:00 AM

This does such a great job moisturizing my lips without making me look greasy. Some lip balms are great for moisture but make me look like I haven't wiped my mouth from eating something greasy. I'm not too crazy about the smell/taste but I like this much better than the original formula since peppermint is an irritant.
I will stick with this for quite some time.

on 9/4/2007 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm always on the hunt for a good lip balm, and I think my search is finally over! Love that it's in a stick, I don't like putting my fingers in the pot balms. It's extremely moisturizing and lasts a long time. The colour is like a deeper version of my lip colour so looks really nice. I love everything pomegranate so this one is a keeper!

on 8/29/2007 9:48:00 PM

The best thing I can say is that I got mine for free. This is my least favorite of their lip balms. The texture is far less waxy and therefore doesn't last nearly as long. I found the slickness of it strange. It smells ok. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/29/2007 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely marvellous! Excellent long-lasting moisturizing power! Great ingredient list. I did get a bit of a pink tint on my lips (but that works underneath my Prestige lipstick in 'brown sugar' as it was a bit too grey). I also like the scent (I don't like menthol/mint scents).

Another fantastic product from Burt's Bees.. I now prefer this particular lipbalm to all others.. including all other Burt's Bees lipbalms.

Would repurchase indefinitely.

on 8/26/2007 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the second Burt's Bees product I haven't thrown in the trash can.
I really, really like this lip balm. It has a spicyness to it (that I've gotten used to). Not too waxy, it goes on nice and smooth. And it doesn't melt off my lips. I did a test to see what would happen if I didn't use it for a day. For the first time in seven years, my lips stay unchapped for 24 hours. I haven't noticed the red tint other reveiewers have written about. It's completely transparent as far as I'm concered. I think I'd like it much less if it tinted my lips as well.

Popular Lip Treatments