August 28, 2014 | 1555 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ellaphunt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My local Walgreens was out of the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and I had just wrecked my old Blistex one, so I decided to pick this one up.

Pros: I find it more hydrating than the peppermint oil formula; it smells delicious.

Cons: the slight pink tint and the raspberry colored cap on the tube mean that it's a lot less unisex than the original formula.

Also, there's no tingle, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was disappointed in this lip balm. I'm a sucker for anything with pomegranate, and based on the description, I thought this would be a great product, but I didn't feel like it really moisturized my lips. This balm has a slightly oily consistency and felt like it just sat on my lips; that's okay when my lips are already soft, but this product didn't do anything to heal my lips when they were chapped. It does have a nice smell though. Back to the BB honey balm i go!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

This lip balm is divine! It glides on wonderfully, smells amazing and is very moisturizing. It is just what I need under the Lifeguard's Choice spf lip balm. I adore BB's line of lip balms and shimmers. I haven't tried one yet I don't like!
Another winner from Burt! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product! It soothes my dry lips and feels so good. It stays put a long time -- has a pleasant smell & taste and doesn't tingle at all like the original balm. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually buy the original peppermint oil formula but saw this new one in my local store and bought it. I did not think they could beat the original but this does - it is unbelievable -I saw results instantly. It is a smoother texture and since I have been using it my lips have not been drying out - it really does hydrate them, and I do not need to reapply so often. I think it is also making my lipsticks/glosses last longer. The smell is slightly sweet, quite pleasant (I like pomegranates anyway). The balm itself has a red appearance but goes on clear on me. I am really impressed with this, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a Burt's Bees addict. I buy lots of their products. I am in love with the honey lipbalm at the moment but I happened to be in Walgreens the other day buying my parents a card for their anniversary and I saw this new lip balm and since i am a huge pomegranate fan i thought i'd try it out. It smells like pomegranates and cinnamon that really doesn't bother me. I haven't had a problem with it drying my lips out they do feel moisturized. I have been rotating between this and the honey lip balm cus i love the honey one so much. I am sure if i start not liking it i will update. but right now i love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Texture is nice and smooth like the original lip balm (and unlike the yucky, crumbly-feeling honey one), non-greasy and just waxy enough to feel substantial. The balm has a red tint in the tube but doesn't really add color to my pigmented lips. I like the faint pomegranate scent (fruity + a hint of spice) and lack of taste. Overall, while this one is not my favorite balm of all time, it is definitely my favorite Burt's Bees balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down the BEST Burt's Bees lipbalm and one of the BEST lipbalms I've tried! This one is smooooth with long-lasting hydration. The moisture is not fleeting and the texture is not heavy/waxy like Burt's classic and honey lipbalms can be. It has a slight pomegranate scent which I love. And as a great bonus it leaves the barest touch of pink on my lips. My most perfect lipbalm!

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you love the original formulation of Burt's Bees like I do, you'll probably be really disappointed by this one. Nothing beats the original. This has a weird aftertaste-- like cloves and fruit-- and it doesn't moisturize the way that the original product does. It's alright, but I won't be buying it again...and I reach for it even less than any other lippie I have in my bag!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 2:10:00 AM More reviews by ara133

I really wanted to like this, because I love most things containing pomegranate, and the lippie is so cute! Pink colored lip balm inside a yellow tube with pink cap. However, I won't buy it again because it's really drying on my lips! I have to reapply every half hour or so just to feel moisturized, whereas I can go hours without reapplying regular Burt's Bees lip balm.